What is the best online venue to sell minis?

E-Bay? Craigslist?

Pic related.

I have SoB, Orks and Eldar.

Looking for a ballpark.

Sisters of Battle
Celestine – Living Saint
Seraphim Sister Superior
Seraphim: 5
Sister Imagifiers: 2
Imperial Missionary
Sister Superior: 2
Celestions: 9 (or: 6 Dominions, 3 Retributors)
Battle Sisters: 13
Immolator

Shitty photo, average at best paintjob as far as i can tell. I would list on Ebay at cost price if you want to sell, or bartertown if you want to trade. SoB are gonna get plastics soon, so if you want to sell, this is the time. No-one is buying Orks, as the market is swamped since they're shit. Eldar buyers are only interested in paying top dollar if the model is one of the currently broken ones, i.e. warp spiders, jetbikes, small and massive wriaths.

Thanks. My phone sucks as a camera and I didn't paint it. I appreciate the heads-up on Ebay and I figured Orks were probably a lost cause (though I do have a bunch of OOP older models). Will be selling 5 Warp Spiders and an Exarch as well as 5 Wraithguard and several vehicles/walkers.

Thanks again.

If you want any models, you can usually wrangle a trade on bartertown, or you can just sell them on Ebay. The eldar should sell well even withough jetbikes

Holy shit... Never heard of bartertown.

Any (((honest))) appraisal of this lot?

>pic related

What's it worth? Apologies for shit pic.

Gretchin Army with Ork support.

Space Ork Raiders

circa 1987

start bid at 50 dollars maybe

UK or USA?

USA

yikes

Seraphim are worth some coins, no?

How many hundreds of US dollars am I realistically looking at? ~400 models, plus vehicles, support weapons, dreadnoughts, etc.

ive never played anything like warhammer for, whats the reason for having guns that aren't on miniatures?

different units can have various weapons, and they cost different amount of points, so sometimes you want a regular gun, sometimes you want a missile launcher etc. most people drill small holes and put magnets in the arms, so you can change out the weapons easily

Jesus.. magnets? Really?

yeah, they are pretty cheap, like 7 bucks for more then you will ever use, and take about 2 minutes to do,so its worth the time if you actually paint your minis. lots of people just spray them black, and say oh this gun counts as X gun a lot though

Keep in mind that the kind of people who buy models second hand are typically pretty cheap. Don't go into selling your minis expecting to make a profit. Most people sell minis when you are in dire straights, leaving the hobby, or trimming the fat from your collection.

That's rad. Haven't been into tabletop gaming since forever. Sounds pretty great desu.

Fair enough.

What's my bottom line then?

I'm not even an Ork player but this is pretty cool

How about these?

Eldar
Scouts: 5
Striking Scorpions: 10 + Exarch
Howling Banshees: 11
Dire Avengers: 14 + Exarch
Fire Dragons: 10 + 2 Exarchs
Warp Spiders: 5 + Exarch
Swooping Hawks: 4 + Exarch
Guardians: >25
Support Weapons: 5
War Walkers: 2
Wraithguard: 5
Dreadnought
Harlequins: 24
Warlocks / Farseers: 8
Dark Reapers: 8 + Exarch
Death Jesters: 3
Vypers: 2
Grav-Tanks: 2 (1 Fire Storm, 1 Falcon)
Jet Bike
(Resin Cast) Tempest Grav-Tank
Phoenix Lords: Asurmen, Baharroth, Fuegan, Karandras, Maugan Ra and Jain Zar

More than 150 models plus vehicles, support weapons and the Avatar.

Thanks. It's literally almost 30 years. Jesus, I'm old.

I'm not sure. Most modern Eldar players just seem to spam the newer, bigger stiff and d-weapons, so fun stuff like aspect warriors don't show up very often.

Alright lets see:
never used bartertown, so no idea there
if you use ebay keep in mind:
-accepting paypal costs extra paypal fees so you might want to skip on that
-i would sell squads rather then whole armies, often gives a better price as people usually want only a part of the stuff you sell
however it is more work for you
-ensure all parts (backpack etc are there, mention when not)

the immolator is from the old rhino so less valueable

the plastic single pose grots with the rifle are next to worthless. 40 of those came with the 2nd ed starter, so ebay is permaflooded with them, similar with the plastic singlepose orks with attachable boltpistol arm

the metal dreadnaught might be worth something

check solegends if you want the names for what you have (I see Zogrot Wotsnagga there) and sort what belongs together for example crew with the traktor cannon
check if you have these little old plastic arms too, might want to offer the leftover parts as 2nd edition ork bitz seperately.

be careful when wrapping them up as parcel, especially the bosspoles are not very sturdy.

Thanks. I appreciate the input.