/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are *** and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-*** for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/terms/i/interest-rate-sensitivity.asp
globalubi.com
crweworld.com/article/news-provided-by-business-wire/192649/cel-sci-reaches-full-enrollment-in-pivotal-phase-3-head-and-neck-cancer-study
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

earnings

>stocks
get a load of this no coiner

>starting the thread at 730 even though the market doesnt open for another hour and a half.

I didn't know there was a rule lol

Premarket starts at 4am btw. Trading has been going on for the past 4 hours

Its not a rule but you are obviously thirsty for attention as fuck.
If you dont have information to post about then dont start the thread.

First

bump

Thirsty for attention in an anonymous image board, for posting a general discussion thread that we have every market day. Ok man.

Actual Autism everyone. Someone got vaccinated as a kid

dysl

wasn't very clear on my comments yesterday, wana get some discussion going

i like that ayyemdee wojak on the monitor.

investopedia.com/terms/i/interest-rate-sensitivity.asp

(When I refer to rate hikes, I’m referring to increases in short-term interest rates instigated by the Fed, not the Fed Funds Rates, specifically)

In a Normal Yield Curve, more money is allocated towards shorter-term treasuries than longer-term treasuries. This is due to rate hike expectations.

If two fixed income securities had the exact same Coupon Rate (amount of interest paid to the security holder, periodically) and Future Value (amount paid to the security holder at maturity date), both securities would experience a drop in Present Value (fair market price, based on discounting future cash inflows), but the security with the longer maturity length would experience a comparatively larger drop in its Present Value, when market interest rates increase in response to a Fed Rate Hike. (Look into Yield to Maturity, and the Inverse Relationship between market interest rates and fixed income security prices).

Essentially, shorter maturity -> less price drop on a rate hike. Therefore, when the economy is growing, people will allocate more towards shorter term treasuries, driving their price up (driving down shorter term yields), while longer-term treasuries’ prices decrease (increasing longer-term yields) due to decreasing demand. They do this due to expecting rate hikes in the future, which occur as a response to economic growth (to control inflation). They also allocate to shorter-term treasuries because once interest rates rise they can more quickly receive their Future Value payment, than they would if they were holding a longer-term treasury, and put that money towards buying treasuries which provide a now higher rate of return.

This causes the Yield Curve to rise upward until it flattens out (can’t have infinite yield).

In the case of an inverted Yield Curve, economic growth is slowing (lack of inflation), people are expecting no rate hikes in the future/decreasing rates, so they allocate more to longer-term treasuries to lock in a certain level of return for the long run, incase interest rates decrease. Less allocated to short-term treasuries (price decrease, yield increase), more allocated to longer-term treasuries (price increase, yield decrease). Curve Inverts.

I’m just not really clear on why the Yield Curve is believed to be Flattening. Yellen stated yesterday it was because of lack of “Term Premium”. I also noticed yesterday that both 2 yr and 10 yr treasuries went up in price, despite the increase in rate yesterday.

Any finance/ecofags here, or anyone's thoughts?

Disney to 120 today?

is there anyone still trapped in the cukstuck mine?

can someone suggest me stocks based off of the boards I regularly visit?

/v/
/vr/
/co/
/g/
/tv/
Veeky Forums
Veeky Forums
Veeky Forums
Veeky Forums
/ic/
/wg/
Veeky Forums
/mu/
Veeky Forums
/gd/
/diy/
Veeky Forums
Veeky Forums
/x/
/pol/

particularly interested in Veeky Forums, /x/, /ic/, Veeky Forums, and Veeky Forums

XXII

VRAY gonna break about 9bux?

>CBIO

>Veeky Forums
SFIX

>ESKO
esko
>ESKO
esko
>ESKO

wait till it breaks 2.50

watch the level 2s

SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT ROBIN HOOD

Buy REED, good swing play and it found bottom

fuck off.

Anyone have any opinions in NVDA they are down this month so it would be a good time to buy in but I dont know whats going on with the tax reform.

>/pol/

I suggest ROPE.

HMNY or AMD

Been holding some NVDA for almost a year now. Even after the pull back it's up about 80%. I'm confident it'll continue, but don't expect instant gains. It might take until next ER to start rolling again.

I think AMD is a better buy right now though.

>lit
Idk weed? XD
>x
ROPE
>ic
ROPE
>tg
AMD
>fa
ROPE
>pol
UGAZ/DGAZ

Bought 20 shares for a laugh and so Robinhood couldn't use my spare change. The part that kills me is that the 30 shares of IGC I got @ $0.53 are the only reason my portfolio is green.

First

>/x/

CRSP

People who got in early tend not to be good people to take advice from.
Not that what you are saying is wrong per say but thats just my personal thought process.
I think AMD is still going to make its quarterly bull run and mass sell off unless the tax reform comes off bad again.

is ROPE a joke
google brings up nothing regarding the stock abbreviation

Who here /responsibleadult/?

AXTI
ASYS
VECO

C.ISOL

Got pumped up from 0.30 cents to 2.14 I should've sold at 2.14. But I thought it would go higher. Its been down everyday for the past week. Should I sell now, or wait till it jumps back up again?

lol this is mooning rn but everyones too busy shilling the same low IQ trash that gets shilled everyday

me

I think they're telling you to kys.

>telling everyone while its mooning instead of before
whats the point?

>stock abbreviation

Going to exit macys and BABA

NAK is back!

They are Ticker Symbols
ROPE is telling you to invest into rope to hang yourself

I can tell you are new here
Always remember
buy high sell low
sell the rumor buy the news

I would just sell. You're still easily over double your investment. You never know how long it will take to come back up. A lot of PnD's never do. Also, oppurtunity cost.

That's not mooning.

There's a mars mission going on right now though, and to no surprise none of you picked up on it

Holy shit IMUC really did over shoot the moon.

Nope.

AMPE is still moving on news

gonna blow through 2.70 new support

Lol do you own treasury bonds too?
Boomer begone

Did anybody listen to that guy shilling DXTR?

nigga just say

Obviously you're new here. This thread used to ALWAYS stay in the catalog. Before the coinfags started their circlejerks.

>mfw you can't beat the market in the long term
>mfw you're just gambling with more steps
>mfw I get optimal ROI for minimal risk
Post your 1 year chart. Bet you won't.

natgas holder mass suicide.

Nat gas holders can't even afford rope.

WHY IS THIS AMRS MEME NOT MOVING
YOU FUCKS LIED TO ME

>posting a smug pepe when he literally has less than 500 usd tracking the S&P.

wew lad.

You don't get to use smug pepes until you have 1m+ . Stay poor, faggot.

quit playing coy and tell me the damn ticker you mong

Full screen
Previous Close 23.45
Open 24.75
Bid 0.00 x 0
Ask 0.00 x 0
Day's Range 23.45 - 32.00
52 Week Range 4.00 - 33.00
Volume 27,928
Avg. Volume 5,404
Market Cap 3.322B
Beta -6.87
PE Ratio (TTM) N/A
EPS (TTM) -0.02
Earnings Date N/A
Forward Dividend & Yield N/A (N/A)
Ex-Dividend Date N/A
1y Target Est N/A
Trade prices are not sourced from all markets
All
News
Press Releases

MarketWatch•17 days ago
Here’s one thing the bitcoin frenzy has in common with the dot-com bubble

Whether bitcoin is in a bubble may be up for debate. But it is hard to deny there is some form of investor mania happening when it comes to companies that promise to capitalize on the blockchain technology....

We're sorry this is all we were able to find about this topic.

Company Profile

SmartSpace
3rd Floor
Hong Kong
Hong Kong

globalubi.com

Sector:
Industry:
Full Time Employees: 18

>UBI Blockchain Internet, Ltd. does not have significant operations. Previously, it was engaged in designing a suite of modular, self-contained, automated, and climate controlled units for distributed production of energy.

When are these faux shitcoin companies going to crash?

Why is this even allowed?

CVM announcing earnings tonight.

They announced full enrollment in their ph3 we've been waiting for

crweworld.com/article/news-provided-by-business-wire/192649/cel-sci-reaches-full-enrollment-in-pivotal-phase-3-head-and-neck-cancer-study

There's also the arbitration case we've been waiting news on

I'm buying a few with the idea I'll average down tomorrow if needed. Probably going to be a lot of watchers tomorrow either way

It's time to buy natgas, anons.

I can guarantee this will break $11 by tomorrow EOD. you're a fool for passing up on this

>Less than 500 usd tracking the S&P
Reading isn't your strong suit, is it bud?

itll go to zero eventually.

Try getting memed to buy ASTC

Start swinging it and keep the average down.

/comfy/

What are the top blockchain stocks right now?

Is it considered diversification, if I hold cyrpto + block chain stocks?

MARA and RIOT are the 2 big dogs but I'd wait until tomorrow possibly Monday to get in

this. They've flattened out the last few days. Need the volatility again, so you can SCALP that shit

these fucking seeking alpha articles keep tickling my sack with things like "$16 price target"

i'm in for $5k at 1.95
that would put me over the goddamn moon

Idk

But I'm holding MGTI DPW RIOT

so close lads

>MARA and RIOT are the 2 big dogs but I'd wait until tomorrow possibly Monday to get in

are these safe for long term hold? thoughts? i mainly want to hold something for a yr, set it and forget it type of thing.

i put some cash in AMRS + other crypto currencies, but willing to diversify more to blockchain stocks.

are you kidding, how many times do people have to say be patient you animals.
You may not understand TA, but this movement is positive.

w-w-arren buffet?

muh dilution
muh fundamentals

Then buy shit like UNIT CLM CRF BIF or SPY. Hell, even VMIN.

hahaha fuck me i should not have sold my TEVA couple days ago at 16.50 or wahtever

o well

If you consider two eggs in one industry "diversifying," sure. Well, if you're planning on buying and holding, eventually you'll be diversified because they're gonna be quantum computing stocks in a few years, these are all scam pennies that rebrand to whatever is sexy at the moment.

BAC, PYPL if you want to set and forget

AMPE is a strong buy right now I don't know why you dumb asses cant pull your head out of your asses.
It made it to phase 3 of clinical trials this is gonna be a hot stock soon think portola (PTLA)
Look at that stock before it got FDA approved vs as soon as it did.
If you don't put something in good luck playing TOPS, DRYS, and every other meme stock.

pic for reference.

>Telling us to buy high

classic fucking Veeky Forums

holy shit it's already at 10.30, lmao fuck $11 this might break 15 by weekend, everyone get in on this CBIO pump

I don't know if I should be buying them when they are already up 33 percents.

I hear you talking about AMPE in /techbudsotimite/ gas yourself

fuck I fell for this and bought a smol position at 2.46. give it to me straight Veeky Forums, how greek'd am i?

confy sip

Enjoy that constant loss back to it's previous consolidated level....

Hey IBM man.