Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Do your characters ever wear hoopskirts and high heels? When? How would you stat mundane and magical versions of them?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/paizo---magus-archetypes/armored-battlemage-magus-archetype
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Short answer is, I like the cool things paizo's done things in the past with some of their classes, and I wanna try and make some cool shit like that.

it already exists and its called the fucking Magus you goddamn faggot

'WHAA I WANT HEAVY ARMOR RIGHT OUT THE GATE WHY DOESN'T THE GAME SPOONFEED ME'

kys.

Is Spheres of Power the best magic system out there?

Psionics is too video-gamey
Vancian is broken inside and out
Akashic is a lot of book-keeping
Kineticist talents are limited but cool
Pact Magic was neat but the second Augunas touched it... y'know. /Stuff happened/.
Truenaming a shit

Prove me wrong somehow, but Spheres of Power is so much better than all of them.

>Psionics is too video-gamey
Fuck off.

Fuck off you literal child.

>MY SYSTEM IS THE BEST
>ALL OTHER OPINIONS ARE BAD
>PROVE MY OPINION WRONG

Go back to /v/

>What is Destruction taken all the way to hahahahaha all day blasting at fuckyou damage?
>What is Destruction taken all the way to blow all your SP for Megumin EXPLOSION?
>What is Conjuration+Summoning+Diagram?
>What is Weather+Climate?
>What is abusing Spiritualism and drawbacks to get any talent you want multiple times per day?

Optimized spheres beats the SHIT out of a wizard's spells until, like, 5th level wizard spells. Spiritualism with drawbacks is crazy versatility.

>Complaining that psionics is too video-gamey
>Tells them to go back to /v/

Does Spheres let you summon demons? Because that's probably the second most important thing magic does is summon demons.

No. I don't want the mechanic of chanelling my spells through melee attacks. I wanna be a tin-can mage. If I wanted to do that, I'd be suggesting something that did what the magus did, but got heavy armor. I want a different type of caster.

That's not even what he wants. And fuck off, heavy armored magi should be a thing at level 3 max, fucking hell. Like Str needs yet another reason to cry in the corner.

I have enjoyed Spheres a lot more than Vancian but I've heard very good things about Psionics, and honestly I feel like that's an apples/oranges comparison.

Someone who knows more than me about psionics, would you say that's accurate? I sadly never got to try psionics stuff; my group has embraced spheres over vancian and never looked back, but haven't yet experimented with PoW or Psionics.

>heels and hoopskirts

Not a one.

Not even that one.

>I'M SUCH A CHILD THAT I CANNOT EVEN BE ASSED TO LOOK AT ARCHETYPES

d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/paizo---magus-archetypes/armored-battlemage-magus-archetype

>Psiomics is too videogamey
But spheres is somehow "da bes"

They're both mp-based systems that feel equally "videogamey", dumbass. That doesn't make either inferior.

>implying /v/ doesn't hate video games
>implying /v/ doesn't start shit with 'PROVE X OPINION WRONG'

You got rused very quickly user

They're literally nearly identical

>want to play a spheres necromancer
>okay, death sphere it is
>wait where's the speak with dead spell
>is it in divination? nope
>conjuration? nope
am i blind? or did it get added later or something?

... So out of curiosity, what would be the "code" or "philosophy" of a character following the Path of the Extended Hand.

What are its commandments? What are its sins?

Spheres sounds like some wacky weaboo version of Elements of Magic (which was already a wacky weaboo version of Ars Magica converted to d20)

>something that did what the magus did, but got heavy armor
they do okay not till 13th level but still

>its another episode of "my DM refuses all third party no matter what"
>all i want is a specific enchant from spheres of power
JUST LET ME HAVE WILD FANG ON MY WEAPON YOU ASSHOLE

>there's literally a magus archetype that gets heavy armor at level 7 and loses spell combat
>but this fucking child couldn't even be assed to look for it before he came to /pfg/ to whine
>literally asking to be spoonfed

>d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/paizo---magus-archetypes/armored-battlemage-magus-archetype

That whole thing. Is still based on using your arcane pool to enhance your armor, and goes off of the magus spell list.

>What I want: Casting wizard spells in heavy armor, with some weaksauce to make up for the AC (Oh, lordy help us, the wizard has some AC they could get from a spell.) And some flavor options to make it neato.

What you seem to think I want: Not!magus for the illiterate.

You're absolutely right. But that user's point seemed to be me whining for magus heavy armor at level one.

Trying to make something different than magus blastermaster. I'm sorry that's got you upset.

>doesn't want the bard's spell pool
>doesn't want the magus's spell pool

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT YOU ACTUAL CHILD?

What are the most violent and Murderous combat styles?

Pummeling and Dragon come to mind.

He wants wizard with heavy armor

OH YOU MEAN LIKE THE 3.5 WARMAGE SOMEONE TOLD HIM HE SHOULD PORT IN THE LAST FUCKING THREAD

As I've mentioned before: I want something akin to a traditional caster, from the safety of metal armor. (Which is in practice, less safe than most defensive spells)

I want to make it more flavorful than giving my wizard some low ACP armor though. This is a very simple idea.

Slightly nerf fullcaster. Give it some neato armor powers.

>loses spell combat
jesus christ how horrifying. What is the archetype even good for, then? Vital Strike isn't compatible with Spellstrike, so what's the fucking point of not being able to cast and full attack?

WARMAGE

Yes. Except, you know, not with some gimped as fuck blasting only spell list. I like battlefield control>>. Defensive spells. God almighty, utility. There are plenty of other ways to gimp my wizard that just got an additional 4 AC.

its not

OH

YOU MEAN LIKE THE BARD'S SPELL LIST

YOU WANT BATTLEFIELD CONTROL AND DEFENSIVE SPELLS

LIKE THOSE SPELLS ON THE BARD'S SPELL LIST

YOU
FUCKING
RETARD

Psychic.

OR LITERALLY SPHERES OF POWER WITHOUT SOMATIC DRAWBACKS

No he wants a wizard's spell list with wizards spell progression and heavy armor

is there anything like PoW and spheres but for ranged fellas like rangers and gunslingers

Would /pfg/ play in a "3pp off the beaten path" game?

Paizo, Ascension Games (Path of Shadow and Path of Iron), Dreamscarred Press, Forrestfire Studios, Radiance House, N. Jolly books, ertw's beguiler, and the masquerade reveler are all allowed...

BUT, all initiation is banned, and all full spellcasters (including summoners) and all full manifesters are banned.

Or will /pfg/ snub this because all of /pfg/ wants to play an initiating/spherecasting/full casting/full manifesting monstrosity?

>I want to be a Wizard but have high HP and great AC

Maybe he should kill himself.

>I WANT TO BE A WIZARD BUT WITHOUT THE DRAWBACKS OF BEING ABLE TO WIELD GAMEBREAKING MIGHT.

Perhaps he should jump off a bridge.

there are literally PoW ranged disciplines.

Solar Wind and Tempest Gale.

>all full manifesters banned

literally the one thing i'd want to play is banned

And its not even a good class

Not that your game would be any good because >BANNING OPTIONS THIS WILL MAKE IT MORE FUN

>there's literally no mechanical reason to ban full initiators and full casters xd

Desperado Gunslinger, Phoenix Champion PrC, Gunsmoke Mystic, Privateer (dual wielding sword+gun), Eldritch Archer Spheres Magus

>/pfg/ sucks DSP's dick at every opportunity and will chew you out if you dare say anything about them, will refuse to play a game without it
>banning DSP classes

idk kid

Sorry that I actually want characters to be roughly equal to each other in combat competence.

I'll play if it's lewd.

There are still DSP classes and archetypes that involve no initiation, no full casting, and no full manifesting.

Great you've not created a situation where the only characters that are good are 3/4ths casters, one of which is a tier one class and will blow everything else out of the water with proper use

ooh man its like you don't even know whats good

also

>combat competence
>full casters

Ecks to the D

What about half-initiators like primal disciple etc.?

Summoners are already banned.

>where the only characters that are good are 3/4ths casters
Half-casters, half-manifesters, kineticist, vigilante, masquerade reveler, Ascension Games classes. All of these are good with the books allowed.

>combat competence
Path of War, my man.

Yeah, I want to start the game at level 3, and even half-initiators are still combat-breaking at low levels.

Sorry.

>HE THINKS I'M TALKING ABOUT SUMMONERS

ahahahahhahaahahaha

I assume half-spherecasting is still fine? Also what is the actual campaign about?

Anything from Gonzo 2 Allowed?

>thinking the campaign exists and will happen

>Summoning+Diagram?
Requires straight up DM permission due ton be I got an Advanced Talent

What half-caster is tier 1 that's NOT the summoner?

Yyyyyyyyeah, I've just never really liked spherecasting.

I don't know what the campaign will be about yet.

Gonzo is fine. I should add that to the list.

Maybe you should head upstairs if someone wanting to wear armor is getting you so bootybothered.

Summoner isn't even tier 1 -baka-

>literally asking me to spoonfeed him the answer

Advanced Talents are an "either all or allowed or none are allowed thing."

They're not an "allowed on a case by case basis" thing.

>Gonzo is fine

At least you're not a total kill joy.

Of course not.

So what IS tier 1 that's a half-caster?

It's one of the uses of the Summon Spirit advanced talent.

Figure it out on your own. I'm not going to spoonfeed you the answer.

Wondering why all initiating is banned (as opposed to just full) but I usually end up playing unholy kludge amalgamations of what the fuck was I thinking anyways.

I'm interested in the Avowed or Spellburst(Ex Turbo edition) though, among a few others. Or maybe an Avant-Garde; I didn't get to play one after reading and setting one up so much.

I dunno what that was, but...

You get magic talents. You spend them to learn new magic. You use spell points to do that magic.

It's not exactly complex.

Forrest recommends not allowing the EX Turbo.

I think that's a good idea. The EX Turbo is super strong.

>IF I REFUSE TO TELL HIM, I CAN'T BE PROVEN WRONG.

Oh, they may be mostly forgotten by the DSP devs most of the time, but there's enough that they can grab and play with to really fuck shit up.

We have one in our party that basically pic relateds.

I believe is what you're looking for, my man.

Everyone roll up Henshin Heroes and Magical Girls.

We goin places with this.

>WHY WON'T THE TEACHER TELL ME THE ANSWER ON THE TEST.

I don't think those fit in the same sentence unless there's a half caster out there that's getting the UPPER half instead.

New guy here. Why is mega being such a cunt about the downloads in the pastebin?

>guy posts campaign shit specifically to try to troll /pfg/
>admits he has no idea what the campaign will be about
>implying this campaign exists, ever could exist, and ever will exist with the original post being obvious bait

>Implying this asinine display has any sort of relevance.

I'll take "Monster Tactician Inquisitor" for five euros?

> Implying i aint having fun with this bait.

Its like you dont even know justice!

There's no need to lose it over being denied initiation and full casting/full manifesting while all the other 3pp options are on the table.

you best learn how to bait the hook properly if you're going to bait user

The EX turbo is not recommended for "regular pathfinder". Basically it's a powerful attacker who can save their spells for nova rounds (pun intended) and buffs/utilities, but can function with their fundamentals the rest of the time.

The non-turbo version is designed for the typical lower level of optimization and could probably fit into an AP without shattering it over its knee (but these are the same things that need to lock out crane wing monks), but for the optimization floor of spheres, PoW and the newer psionics, it's actually quite average.

No real point to the offensive fundamentals at all in the non-turbo version to be honest. They're like crossbows on wizards. something the PF forums tell you is well done.

And I'm not allowing PoW or Spheres, so the EX Turbo is out.

>i-i-i'm getting blown the fuck out because my bait is being called out
>I know i'll claim they're losing it and post some anime bitches
>works every time

The thing with Ex Turbo is that it just doesn't NEED to use its spell slots for fighting AT ALL since its fundamentals do everything it needs.

>Boohoo, the DM's not letting me do literally anything I want.

>implying i would ever apply to a bait campaign that doesn't nor ever will exist in the first place

>I'm getting upset over a bait campaign

I'd be interested, I've always wanted to give Pact Magic a shot.

>implying i could ever be upset blowing baitposters out of the water

We all know /pfg/ Sentai game would end up like.

The thing is that if as a GM you need to ban options then you're playing with the wrong people.

We have a winner!

>not being the blue ranger, the true power behind the throne
ok kid

Honestly? I can think of a bunch of things I'd want to play in that, but I don't need more games and the restrictive chargen puts me off just on principle even though it wouldn't affect me.

>someone actually has critical thinking

Great job user

Haha, such poor taste in this thread.

>power rangers
>good taste

haha

>No one ever wants to be the black ranger

Ha ha, suckers! Best armor, mine for the taking!

>not being the green ranger

>black ranger

Thats racist.