Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Add Toliet Seats Edition
Bolt Raven Sub-Edition
In the last thread an Ankn wanting to do traitor UMs received advice, KA posted a his Assault Ram, the goose posted his EC, they may need to be less thick, we talked about the scale of 30k vs 40k and the measurements of Custodes and much more >HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

z13.invisionfree.com/The_First_Expedition/index.php?showtopic=1979&st=120
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Dorn
White Scars do. Archamus did, I think that was weird for him though.

That mustache would go so well on Dorn, stranger. Be sure to tell him I said that.
>White Scars do
I know they take their dad's name once they become a Praetor but do they change the whole name after becoming a space Mongol?

Who is this, Russ?
What's even happening here? Why is he wearing that armour?
He's a big guy, will he die if i take off that mask?

Imperial Firsts.

Are you sure that big isn't Russ trying to pull of a luchador look?

Could something like pic related work as a Storm Eagle? Lascannons on the wings, etc. I'm not a fan of the stormraven/eagle look, but find an assault ram style thing more appealing. Single hull assault ram. The Caetus is a bit silly with the twin-hulls.

Well, then this is your WOLF pattern Caestus.

Enjoy.

>do marines change their names when they become marines? I doubt any parent would name their child "Adamant".
I'm going to name my firstborn Bombastus and no one can stop me.

At least BT do I read about this years ago somewhere but can't remember the sauce.

Not even the mother?

It was the Damnination Crusade comic. It had Tankred in it.

Yea, now as you say it... neophytes and and the awoken cybot and so on.

My first time in the summary.

reminds me of pic

Why did Perturabo execute a tenth of his men for incompetence so quickly after receiving his legion, if he'd never been off his homeworld before? Astartes, even if they're Iron Warriors, are still superior soldiers to everything he would have had access to before.

>my alpha legionnaires all all, to a man, scooby-doo villain levels of incompetent who 10 of will lose combat to a singular myrmidon

the sole exception being my single Forge lord who has never missed a rad phaged target with his conversion Beamer

>one space PHD nerd surrounded by a bunch of quick-cloned idiot marines

This must be how IT guys feel

He was disappointed in them not being the best, but he probably wasn't going to kill them just maybe a mild mangling. Then he learned of his geneseed's quirks and then decided to start killing.

It set the standard of the type of Tyranical rule he will impose. It got the message across, failure will NOT be tolerated.

The thing about it was that it actually worked, by making the legion a massive meritocracy the Iron Warriors improved greatly.

I wish I had that picture of confused Alpha Legionairies standing around asking themselves if they are Alpharius.

That poor forgelord was probably responsible to keep the machines running while they gestated, someone had to do it.

I like that

Do you prefer your Thousand Sons with a white trim or gold.

Personally i prefer white to differentiate between them and Blood Angels.

Gold trim, white accents.

What does being off his homeworld have to do with anything? He reviewed their reports of prior battles and the associated data, compared those results against the results of other legions and found them wanting. But what he found particularly galling was that the legion thought and acted like they were the best, when the numbers showed that they weren't. That's what pissed him off the most.

Love it

do one where they pull of Alpharius helmet and it's just another Alpharius underneath

Is there much of a point in taking a thanatar in a legion list?

White trim, gold detailing.

Would it be possible to play HH with standard 40k plastics?

Because I really like what I see of the gameplay of HH, but I really don't have the money for an entire Forge World army.

plastic HH MkIV is available, as are Cataphractii.
MkIII and Tartaros will be coming as boxes in plastic eventually.

Current 40k Predators and Dreadnoughts have rules and can be used.

So yes, you can.
You may need a forgeworld weapon pack or two for some options, but certainly not 100% FW models.

Not sure who else would be in this picture

Arguably yes (if you're counting the BaC and BoP stuff amongst the "40k plastics", rocking up with marines in mk 7 armour isn't really on) but you'll be missing some of the more fun options, especially legion-specific units. Kind of depends what sort of army makeup you want.

Oh, worth saying, most 40k pattern marine vehicles (rhino, predator, vindicator, whirlwind) are also fine in 30k, it's more a personal preference thing.

What about Siggy?

>ding! ding! ding!

It's our poorfag question of the day.

But seriously, with Calth and Prospero boxes you got a ton of 30k models to choose from and just about all 40k vehicles are usable in 30k, since they existed back then. MkV dreads, Mars pattern Rhino hulls, MkIII Phobos Land Raiders, etc. Attack bikes and land speeders don't even have FW models, so GW ones are the only ones you can use, though I'd find away to spice up the crew a bit if I were you. At least give them MkV torsos, shoulder pads, helmets, and crotch studs if nothing else. MkIV helmes are fine too.

GW plastic infantry kits are not so great, since they got a lot of MkVII stuff that came about just at the end of the Heresy and was only available to a select few legions. But if you get bits, you could use MkVI parts to make some plastic MkVIs. MkIVs as well. And if you run BA or DA, there's loads of nice bits in their kits to distribute among the models to spice them up. SW as well, though their pieces are more MkVII centric.

And I can make a decent army out of the BaC/BoP stuff? Because it just looks like tacticals and terminators.

>especially legion-specific units

With some creativity there's plenty of ways to make them. I'm turning BoP Tartaros into Deathshrouds using some 3rd party tabards, GK halberds with Zombie scythes, and cut down hand flamers mounted on the GK arms (where the storm bolter would go).

Make Shaggy Silonius. I'd do it myself buy
A) I'm phoneposting
B) I HAVE ASKED FOR A PIC OF HIM FOR MONTHS NOW. Because there is one, as well as Archamus'.

The standard Space Marine Dreadnoughts, Drop Pods, Predator Tanks and Land Raiders are also entirely viable for 30k, they existed back then, so they're not a problem.

>Castraferrum Dreadnoughts
Cortus Dreads killed the Boxnought star.

Finally had the opportunity to undercoat the last 84 Alpharius's of my army. No longer have to worry I run out of dudes to paint for a while.

But damn my finger is sore from using the can of spraypaint. It also won't stop shaking, so guess I'll have to postpone the actual painting ...

>It also won't stop shaking
Clinical note #14 – Effects of spray-based Drakaina.

>Omegon takes full control of the Alpha Legion after the events of Praetorian of Terra and continues with his plans of Hydra Dominatus.

However, he soon hears reports of someone giving orders to his legionnaires as Alpharius himself. Individual astartes are being awoken as sleeper agents for his brother, even after his death. Omegon finds that it isn't just old programming that is now activating, something or someone is still able to order Legionnaires the way his brother could.

its revealed to really be Alpharius, now a daemon prince who is able to possess his own legionnaires to appear in the material realm

HYDRA BOWL STATUS: FUCKING CONFIRMED

GET HYPED

Source/proofs?

What

Basically a leak from the weekender when everyone was going "is he really dead? Is he?" And the answer as "yes, HOWEVER..."

The answer was not, "Yes, however." The answer was, "Yes."

DEEPEST LORE.
WHY ARE OUR MEMES BECOMING REAL?!

If they do this I am going to throw a shitfit.

"A" has come to.

Wasn't Horus one of the few, if only the one, who were bros with the Alpha Legion?

Yeah, but the Devil wasn't mocked

Just got a delivery of 3x Quad mortars, Deathshroud and a Spartan

How the fuck do I extract the tracks from the casting gate on the Quads, and especially the Spartan? It looks like it's basically attached on the detail

Dubs confirm Alpharius a Daemon Prince of Kek.

Mocked? How so?

We need to stop meming things like this. If we can just meme hard enough we can remove all of the stupidity from this series.

Threefold trips confirm.

....Or DO THEY?!

jesus
those kek digits
well i guess he's a daemon prince of kek now.
seems to fit.

It has been willed.

if dubs we get an Arbites armylist for 40k

Sorry, user, but you aren't getting those. Maybe once the SoBs get their new codex you'll get your space cops.

Its about a story from conwuest I believe, where Horus gets Grumpy Alpharius has oters bleed for him so he orders him to take a important fleet anchorage...which he does but fucks up so badly it has no value and requires increased ressources to consolidate etc.

I wont apoil the rest of the memes.

Horus ordered the AL to siege Paramar, but they broke it so hard the SoH needed to send soldiers to garrison it, so it became a drain to the legion's resources rather than a prize.
This should tell you what manner of compliance the AL carried out, leaving broken worlds not unlike the IW, and the opposite of the IFs.
When Horus called Alpharius on his bullshit, he excused that tactical failure as "Just as planned", thus the black book confirmed Alpharius' memeing.
He said the Devil isn't mocked as in them being both traitors not necessarily meaning they were on the same side, as the AL is on the AL side.
My trips say otherwise :^)

Kek, good old Alpharius.

What trips? I would use meme magic to hurry up Inferno, but the Blighnade is probably immune.

Not the comment you're responding to, the other one. The 777 was actually responding to the 88, the trips were simply a confirmation from kek.
Lots of meme power today.

My bad. We still shouldn't fool around with meme magic. Do you want our memes to enter BL and FW books? So many people wouldn't be able to handle our memes.

Which weekender?

I'm sad that the Imperium of Arachnidkind, Church of the Crater and the Citric Cult barely hold any devotees, so I don't expect them to expand.
But at least Scoria will have a Scorpion abeyant, which would look cool when he is leading his Malinax triple-tailed Scorpion Knights, so that's nice enough.

Also, this whole Alpharius thing is a major Fuck you to John French, and fuck him.

>Could something like pic related work as a Storm Eagle?
Not really, it's way too different. I'd rather you called it a Caestus despite being way smaller.

You will need to buy FW upgrades for special weapons, heavy weapons, dreadnought weapons, etc. You will definitely want to turn some of your BaC/BoP marines into support or heavy support squads, and if you use them as vets you'll still probably want some resin upgrades.

This guy's right . Add Land Speeders, Bikes, Attack Bikes, Rhinos, Vindicators, Whirlwinds (I think), and Techmarines to the list.

However... we can't guarantee that you won't catch any flak for using M41-style vehicles. Shouldn't happen, as long as you've painted your army like one set in M31, but it occasionally will. The different aesthetic of the HH is part of its appeal and that leads to some snobbishness.

Land Raiders are the easiest to 'fix' because the FW Land Raider Mk. IIb looks M31-ish at a relatively small price premium. Unfortunately, FW's Rhino-based vehicles and Outrider bikes are ridiculously expensive. But FW doesn't make a different-looking Drop Pod, Land Speeder (the normal one, not the Javelin - consider running with graviton guns), or Attack Bike so you have to use the plastic ones. Which means you might as well run plastic bikes, too.

The FW super-heavy tanks and Leviathan Dreadnought actually have a decent points/money ratio - better than plastic Attack Bikes and Land Speeders.

Don't forget the Bearversor.
>yfw Bearversor and Scoria face down in complete metal gear style.
>Also, this whole Alpharius thing is a major Fuck you to John French, and fuck him
Maybe he grew wary of Geneviève's geometry class and found motivation for offing Alphie?

>I don't like

is not the same as

>I cannot afford

Don't lie, don't muddle, don't fib to yourself and make excuses. If you can't afford something, just do what you can, but don't tell yourself and the world "Uhm, yeah, I think wolfy wolfy mc viking thunderwolf hovercraft looks better than one of the best looking fliers available in the citadel range."

It's fine if you have an aesthetic opinion, that's not my point. They look totally different, they have totally different dimensions, one is super GW'fied 40k plastic and the other is thematically great. I would be fine playing you, but I would not want to hear you talk about why you prefer the wolfbrickgrimderp.

The best points/money ratio comes from the following (3.7 to 5 points per GBP):

Characters based on the BaC Praetor and Chaplain
FW Apothecaries
Destroyers (because they're overcosted)
Dreadnoughts, both Contemptor (BaC) and boxnoughts (FW upgrade arms are still cost-efficient)
Heavy Support and Support squads (BaC/BoP tacticals w/ FW weapon kits)
Tactical and Veteran Tactical squads (BaC/BoP)
Terminators (BaC/BoP)
Seekers
Leviathan Siege Dreadnought
Land Raider Achilles
Stormblade
Typhon Siege Tank and Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer
Glaive

Then there's a gap to the next tier, which is still decent value, around 3 points per GBP:
Land Raider Phobos (even with FW's IIb kit)
Malcador Assault Tank
Fellblade and Falchion
Breachers
Recon Squads (which suck)
Contemptor Cortus and Mortis
Spartan
Caestus
Deredeo

After that, there's another gap. Assault squads using FW jump packs, all the flyers, all the Rhino-chassis vehicles, artillery tanks, Land Speeders (even plastic ones), bikes, jetbikes, and Sicarans are all in the "low value for money" category (less than 2.5 points/GBP).

Batman?

>>yfw Bearversor and Scoria face down in complete metal gear style.
No, Bearversor, I am your father.

>Recon Squads (which suck)
But shroud bombs user! SHROUD. BOMBS.

>Punished Bearversor

>Don't lie, don't muddle, don't fib to yourself and make excuses. If you can't afford something, just do what you can, but don't tell yourself and the world "Uhm, yeah, I think wolfy wolfy mc viking thunderwolf hovercraft looks better than one of the best looking fliers available in the citadel range."

I'm the same as him user, assault rams look way cooler than dopey obese space shuttles. Also let's be real here, the storm eagle is not expensive, not really.

>You will definitely want to turn some of your BaC/BoP marines into support or heavy support squads, and if you use them as vets you'll still probably want some resin upgrades.

I've found so far I really want 40-50 assorted tactical-style marines in one block of 20, 2 blocks of 10 with Rhinos and a 5 man heavy and support squads. The terminators are what I'm less sure about, 30k termies are a bit of a hassle to get anywhere and realistically you want weapon upgrades for them. I've built some of my stuff stock for now but really you'll want a set of plasma guns for your special squads, a heavy weapon each for you heavy squads and volkites for your terminators.

At the end of master of mankind, did the portal to the webway close? Why did Big E go back to sitting on the throne?

What do you guys listen to while painting? I can only listen to Atlas Shrugged so many times.

what can I say, it's one of my guilty pleasures. still better than harry potter tho

There's nothing wrong with reading Harry Potter when you were a child. It's the same with Ayn Rand, it's just a phase you're expected to grow out of.

>I'd rather you called it a Caestus despite being way smaller.

Then I guess I'll just get a Stormraven and run it as a Storm Eagle, if size isn't an issue.

>cannot afford

What is chinaman, user?

I bet you think the stormwolf is somehow unique and not in anyway in line with the likes of Caestus and Shark assault boats from BFG.

No, I don't like the stormraven and eagle, they're far too transporty for Marine attack crafts. I don't want a mere C-130, I want an assault boat, something aggressive and Marinelike. Would run one as a Caestus, but unfortunately the Caestus is way bigger. Would be like running a Rhino as a Land Raider. If Caetus was single hull craft, I'd be far more interested.

I dunno, Rand's prose is at least tolerable despite being horrifyingly long-winded. Rowling's use of adverbs makes me want to tear my eyeballs out with my fingers

For some reason Pompeii by E.S. Posthumous has been the only thing I listen to while painting for years now.

And I have no idea why.

As a Stormraven/light assault lander? Yes. It's too small to be a Stormeagle. Trimming off all the dog-shit leaves you with an aircraft that is basically a drop-pod with the ability to redeploy. You're not going to be landing entire armies with these things, but they'd be good for inserting marines quickly and aggressively, and in places that a Thunderhawk or Stormbird couldn't fit.

music, movies, shows, occasionally games

Online battle reports are (depending on the channel) also pretty good. The sounds of dice and people getting rules wrong is the perfect background for painting shit.

could someone that lready has black book nr3 downloaded please post the falchion's rules ?
mega is being really slow for me and the book is like 980mb

This one is Silo?

Looking at it now, it could make a decent Kharybdis proxy.

nice, I really like Unstoppable. E.S. Posthumous and Two Steps From Hell make driving to work that much more bearable desu

This LG post is genuinely helpful, imo:
z13.invisionfree.com/The_First_Expedition/index.php?showtopic=1979&st=120

tl;dr - the Golden Throne controls the portal. The Astronomican happens to be built into it for amplification (it's not centered on the Emperor - it was still a beacon on Terra while the Emperor was flying around the galaxy during the Crusade). And apparently it was meant for Magnus. So after Magnus tore the portal open, Russ was supposed to bring him back to sit in the chair and control his own damage. Horus messing with that order (changing it to "kill Magnus") was probably the second-worst thing Horus did during the whole Heresy.

When the Emperor leaves the throne to fight the daemons, the portal is open. To close it, he has to get back onto the Throne. A powerful psyker has to sit there at all times or the portal will open.

Kek, at one time it goes from "Who is John Galt" to "when will John Galt shut up?". As for adverbs
A) No biggie, it's a subjective thing
B) I read most of it in spanish, or so I think. I never remember that kind of details.

Clams Casino, Burial (New Album is out!),Kansas and Journey are some of my favourites.

Helps me relax and zone out nicely while painting.

Cat Empire is also amazing but sometimes to lively to swing brushes too.

THANK YOU
I think it's Alpharius posing as Silonius. Or something, idk

Do you have some recommendations?

>It's too small to be a Stormeagle.

How big is that thing then, because looks like a long stormraven and the stormwolf, from all the image I've seen, is about size of the stormraven, just longer. The wings seem to be the major difference in profile.

No probs mate, yeah its Alpharius posing as Silo

It's Russ in his "anti-psychic" armor that is made of mystical Fenrisian material and has special wardings.

What the fuck?