dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!SwU2CTyA!DB5ScdknXIkBK3G4DQt3qUPzv0T-6BPAcpKTw3Tf0Cg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How bout them doomed yiffs?

I am Carnac

>"The war is over, Diocletian. Win or lose, Horus has damned us all. Mankind will share in his ignorance until the last man or woman draws the species' last breath. The warp will forever be a cancer in the heart of all humans. The Imperium may last a hundred years, or a thousand, or ten thousand. But it will fall, Diocletian. It will fall. The shining path is lost to us. Now we rage against the dying of the light." - The Emperor

Chaos wins. Nids, Necrons, Orks, Eldar and Tau are all destroyed. Chaos wins. End of. So you're just jobbers.

I am Carnac

t. Carnac

Best way for Deathwatch to beat Tau?

I'm Carmac and so's my wife.

>Orks are a melee race!
>I2

By only engaging them in fluff

I'm not sure which list I like better.

1500 Fluffy Dark Angels list V1

HQ
-Interrogator Chaplain, 110
+Plasma Pistol, 15
Total, 125

-Terminator Librarian, 90
+ML2, 25
+Foe Smiter, 15
Total, 130

Troops
-3x Tactical Squad, 70
+5 marines, 70
+Veteran Sergeant, 10
+Plasma Pistol, 15
+Power Sword, 15
+Plasma Gun, 15
+Plasma Cannon, 15
Total, 210 (630)

Elites
-Venerable Dreadnought, 125
+Plasma Cannon, 5
+Extra Armor, 10
Total, 140

-Deathwing Command Squad, 200
+Champion, 5
+Apothecary, 5
+Plasma Cannon, 15
Total, 225

Dedicated Transports
-Land Raider Redeemer, 240
+Multi-Melta, 10
Total, 250

Complete Total, 1500

Or

1500 Fluffy Dark Angels list V2

HQ
-Interrogator Chaplain, 110
Terminator Armor, 30
+Mace of Absolution, 30
Total, 170

-Librarian, 65
+ML2, 25
+Auspex, 5
Total, 95

Troops
-3x Tactical Squad, 70
+5 marines, 70
+Veteran Sergeant, 10
+Plasma Pistol, 15
+Power Sword, 15
+Plasma Gun, 15
+Plasma Cannon, 15
Total, 210 (630)

Elites
-Venerable Dreadnought, 125
+Plasma Cannon, 5
Total, 130

-Deathwing Command Squad, 200
+Champion, 5
+Apothecary, 5
+Plasma Cannon, 15
Total, 225

Dedicated Transports
-Land Raider Redeemer, 240
+Multi-Melta, 10
Total, 250

Complete Total, 1500

Delete this thread.

Nice try Carnac

MAKE ME

Hey guys have a casual games night in a few days and was planning on running this list. Didn't get enough feedback last thread so I'm asking again.

This list all good and viable? I went for something fluffy by using the Rubrics and was wondering if this would punish me?

>mfw I didn't send in the janitors application form again for the 5th time

I always write it out and never submit it. I think it's too much work. Then I see shit like this and I regret it.

I know I suggested swapping the armour, but if I were in your position I'd just field the cheaper list.

Maybe that's just because I'm a poor neet though.

I posted that originally as a joke on how utterly bullshit BL was. Somebody has literally assumed I was posting it seriously and now thinks Carnac said it.

This is fucking irritating. I was trying to dispel this meme that BL books are worth the paper they're written on.

we are all Carmac

Welcome to the new thread, same as the old thread.

>taking a LoW to a casual night.

You're just looking for yous. Well I'm not giving you any.

In all seriousness, what role do Orks even have in 40k?

They sort of fit in back in the old days when 40k was more "wacky" but the setting has evolved beyond that and become more serious, Orks have not.

Their terrible rules, their terrible lore.
Why not just get rid of them?

I'd say with list 2 remove the Auspex and Multi-melta, then purchase a Deathwing Company Banner for +1 Attack on everyone in the squad. The chaplain will have 4 attacks, and the rest will have 3 attacks, therefore they'll have a decent chance of wrecking things in melee.

The first list is also good, as the Librarian can bless the Terminators and you can have the Chaplain stay with the tacs in case they're assaulted, giving them some bonuses to fending off attackers. Plus the Librarian Termi model isn't failcast and if your opponent also has Psykers, you'll be able to Deny the Witch easier on your Command Squad, which is important, seeing as in the second list you'd probably have him with the tacs, blessing them instead.

I rate fluffy/10

Necrons will give Chaos a sound spanking, m8.

Fuck off. Your idea was shit in your thread the other day and its shit now.

Yeah, that's what I'll probably do.

Thanks for the advice, user! I think I'll stick with my first list, but the second list is really tempting me.

How does everybody rate the Storm Warden fluff? I think fantasy flight did a decent job compared to relic and their magpies.

I am Carnac.

Many heads of Carnac edition

In all seriousness, what role do Chaos even have in 40k?

They sort of fit in back in the old days when 40k was more "wacky" but the setting has evolved beyond that and become more serious, Chaos has not.

Dude, go up to 1850 if you want to use Magnus, unless you have your oponent's express permission to do so in such a small game.
He's gonna wipe the board.

>what do orks have
deffsqauckdren it was fucking awesome
>Their terrible rules
yes let us remove every army with bad rules right now
how many non space marines/eldar/tau lists are left.
>their terrible lore.
it's great, you are just wrong also it tends to be a bit more consistent because
>orkz need to grow up bullshit
you are a massive faggot

Is there any way to run:

>CSM based around standard troop marines
>Footslogging

Because my favourite Chaos unit is just standard Chaos Marines, but I really don't like vehicle based armies.

>Sideshow
>Interfering with the mainshow.

Real thread here, no shitposting allowed!

In all seriousness, what role do Eldar even have in 40k?

They sort of fit in back in the old days when 40k was more "wacky" but the setting has evolved beyond that and become more serious, the Eldar have not.

Rate my Alpha legion list?
I think I've done something pretty sneaky and smart here, and it is a good use of their rules.

Doing a death guard themed nurgle army, 750 points for a small free for all

Unclean one – 280
Psyker 3
2 Greater Rewards

1 Herald of Nurgle - 155
Palaquin
Psyker 2
Greater Reward

5 Havocs - 135
1 Sergeant
Mark of Nurgle
Missile Launcher
3 Autocannons

5 Chaos Marines – 90
Mark of Nurgle
Heavy Bolter

5 Chaos Marines – 90
Mark of Nurgle
Heavy Bolter

However I am unsure whether to swap the GUO for Typhus with 10 zombies? Any advice?
Also with Plague marines hitting in at 24 PPM and Death guard basic marines 16 PPM is there really any reason to take plague marines now? Aside from poisoned CC

Do explain more.

The best characters, the best comics, the most character ful models and best opportunity for looting and conversions.

Orks are a faction that embodies rolling lots of dice and risk taking. They are basically outdated as GW and FW already made a more refined version of the ork playstyle, Legion Astartes World Eaters

Both easily get a hundred attacks on the charge thanks to bonuses and special rules which also buff them, then they become relatively easier to handle.

They both CAN shoot, but its only really to prepare things to be charged or pop transports enemies are hiding in.

Both want to drive right into the enemy with assault vehicles and get stuck in or play huge swarms of basic troopers.

Rely on devastating charges to cripple units and strength of numbers to ensure they can clean them up.

Hit hard on the charge and thus are tactically reliant on making the charge.

Their elite units are two wound terminators

The only difference is that World Eaters are more durable and hit harder with Chain axes. I have a local ork player that built World Eaters the same way he built his orks army wise, filling the same roles and approaches to the game and hasn't come back to his orks since, joking that the Legion rules for World Eaters "ARE the new Ork codex".

Cultist wave provides cover for the vehicles and respawns when killed.

Then, turn 2, every is close enough to jump on them and destroy them their whole army!
Assuming the terminators come down.

>1001

"I think I've done something pretty sneaky and smart here"

He's a true alpha legion player, he's operating on at least five or six layers of deception at the moment, wrapped in just enough truth to deceive you even further.

You posted in a picture which is obnoxious in it own right but then you scaled it so the text is largely illegible.

6/11 troll points.

Since this is what the thread has devolved into, here's some 40k funnies.

>oh(You).jpeg

Very funny. And on the tabletop?

This army is compleatly illigal, being from 2codexs with one detchament
lrn2ply

deepstrike in squads with high strength, instant death, ap2, guns?

Yeah a casual game with friends? I don't care, deathguard with nurgle demon allies

>playing with friends
>not adhering to the rules in the most autistic way possible
Just where do you think you are buddy?

Hello fellows, I asked on the previous thread but realized it died by the time I posted. I seen some people commenting on the Gods of Fenris being real, and while I did skim through the WoM epub, I didn't really see anything specifically claiming that they were real. I was just curious - did I miss something explicit or is everybody just referencing that elemental battle (fiery wolf, snake, etc).
I appreciate the assistance, fellow anons.

>What is Unbound

It can be an unbound army.

The herald of Nurgle can't join the space marine squads so he will just end up stuck on his own, swap him for a CSM character.

Thanks everyone, but GUO vs Typhus? Better choice?
This is a problem why?

It's part of the daemonic instability rule, they can only join units with daemonic instability and then only daemons of the same god.

no I mean im aware they cant join the marines but this doesn't bother me overly

Characters standing around on their own are asking to get shot. And he's nowhere near as durable as a MC like the GUO.

They don't really have a role anymore since the faction bloat. We used to have Choas resigned to fighting under the Black Legion against a part of the Inperium and then Orks, Tyranids and the Eldar, DE to fight each other and the rest of the imperium.

End times coming encouraged by the shite that is HH has removed the indefeninate war tag line that worked so well with the Gothic theme.

>unbound

>T4 5++ 2 wounds
that, is why it should: your opp will deploy a single krak, and that will be that.

You want Alpha Legion or World Eater legion rules.

Though Death Guard get relentless. So maybe look at them too.

What's wrong with unbound?

>oh yeah my army is just 20 deff dreads
>oh yeah my army is just 8 riptides
>oh yeah my army is just deamon princes
its an excuses to make rediculous OP shit, it take the alrady unbalences parts of 40k and puts them into overdrive

Most people won't play against unbound is the problem.

You guys, remember that Mechanicus Adept hand with keys? This is another peace of that model :D.

>dat face
dass chaos

You can always just turn down games vs stupid lists, it's not like you cant make a bound list with nothing but riptides thanks to the riptide wing.
Actually, you can also make a bound list of nothing but daemon princes thanks to being able to spam the unholy tetrad, the only thing you can't do is 20 deff dreads bound!

Besides, 20 deff dreads sounds fun!

I have done 18 Deff dreads+ bike big mek before. its alright for a lark, but its basically you win, or get hard countered

What if it's some sort of ad-mech psyker?

Some kind of secret, brain stealing project to create a psychic super weapon so they can reclaim STCs from daemon worlds!

hello guise, indecisive (for the last time) user here i just bought an army codex.
I became the Space Yiffs
can't wait for the insults

Good job user, I hope you have fun!

I was never much in to space wolves, I always wanted a kind of space marine army but I could never decide on chapter.
I liked the blood angel rules the most but I wanted a dick dastardly type chapter like iron hands or marines malevolent and these two things seemed totally at odds.

the FUN ZONEEEEE

Ohoho, I have become your enemy, user, but I respect your choice and hope we can become friendly rivals in future.

i decided on them because they give me freedom to expand on the other Astartes armies if i feel like stuff is going to get stale. Like adding some Inquisitors or something

If we're running with wild guesses, I think it's a mobile Void Shield Generator on legs with guns all over it, so you can advance your Vanguard up behind a forcefield as your Dunecrawlers lay down a creeping barrage.

i will make you
> TAKE THE KNOT

please, please run that army. paint it, homebrew it, yell it at your enemies. just do that.

They're T5? and with the steed hes given it its actually 4 wounds

It's pretty much a mini monstrous creature at that point.

Psyker too so could potentially summon more daemons. Heralds of nurgle are pretty nifty, pretty sure you can upgrade them to have IWND as well

Congrats, I look forward to many days of friendly banter and fighting alongside against forces of chaos

t. Dark angel

You fucking do it, you legend. Post pics. Your name will be remembered.

I'm abit confused in regards to the combat drugs that EC get.
You roll once for the entire detachment?, or on a unit-by-unit basis?....

From reading the images provided by based user, i'd assume one roll for the entire army, but that makes the combat drug relic seem pretty damn strong....

I know you are being fluffy and not tryhard or anything, but consider dropping the plasma pistol and probably the plasma cannons on the tacticals, they're just very limiting choices. Also isn't the DW apothecary upgrade more than 5 points? Default command squad is 15 and Ravenwing is 30 for the apothecary.

Is the WE Talisman of Burning Blood better on Possessed or on Bikes?

You roll once and it applies to the relevent units in the detachment.

With the relic you roll an extra d3 times and apply it the model with the drugs relic on top of the detachment drugs bonus.

>tfw finally freeing yourself from considerations of what's "competitive"

Everything that can have it in my Word Bearers is getting Gift of Mutation. I might even run a unit of Possessed.

PRAISE THE DARK GODS AND THE FLUFFY ARMY LIST

>shitty photo rules pdf compilation incoming!
>mega.nz/#!SwU2CTyA!DB5ScdknXIkBK3G4DQt3qUPzv0T-6BPAcpKTw3Tf0Cg

From the other thread

Can Blood Angels in the Deathwatch fall to the Black Rage and become Death Company marines while in service?

Is it appropriate to model a few DW marines as Death Company, DW-ized?

>yfw I spend 1000 points on possessed, a DP and possessed Rhinos.

I have a 36% chance of losing a 26 pt model when they just leave their transport.

Get on my level, scrub.

So what's the best way to run an EC army now?
Kakophani + sorcerer for the detachment
Lord with the elixer to become a challange monster, Sorcerer with the grin to take advantage of all the pinning?

Which aux choice would I take to get some more 'normal' infantry models in there?

The rules are the rules, faggot.

650 is 650

None of those units are good save for the vindicator desu.

The chaos lord can be viable, but csm suck ass, and so do footslogging terminators or chaos terminators in general.

Maybe try to cram a unit of chosen in there, all with special weapons

You can't force someone to play your faggot primarch, so shove that 200 dollar dildo up your poopchute

Nice