Universal Filter Cheatbox
>Warhammer 40k General
>Warhammer 40,000 General
>Warhammer 40000 General

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Carnac_Commodus
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Chaos_Space_Marines(7E)#The_Legions
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for >"The war is over, Diocletian. Win or lose, Horus has damned us all. Mankind will share in his ignorance until the last man or woman draws the species' last breath. The warp will forever be a cancer in the heart of all humans. The Imperium may last a hundred years, or a thousand, or ten thousand. But it will fall, Diocletian. It will fall. The shining path is lost to us. Now we rage against the dying of the light." - The Emperor

Chaos wins. Nids, Necrons, Orks, Eldar and Tau are all destroyed. Chaos wins. End of. So you're just jobbers.

>mfw I orignally wrote that to get (You)'s pretending to be Carnac
>mfw I have spawned a meme

Good, now you know this, you'll stop posting it.

Second for I am alpharius

(remade for new bread) Every now and again I ask, but it's been a while so I figure why the hell not.

You don't have to believe me, but I'm the guy who started the 40k generals, sometimes I wonder if I helped Veeky Forums or hurt it, and feel kinda bad

did I doom or help the board guys? I know the other generals started because of this one, and I feel like some of them are worth something

Also in my defense, I think eventually someone would have started the generals other than me, but I don't know it for sure

What I do know is whoever picked up the mantle after I quit making them, took it seriously, they're the ones that started posting all the info and shit, I just sort of titled 40k general and left it at that

Best way for Deathwatch to beat Tau on the tabletop?

>that entire last thread
>mfw
Let's hope this one ends on a brighter note.
I think it's a mixed bag, user. There's some good out of the general but maybe if some Anons could behave it wouldn't be so bad.

Metal models and a good arm

Doing a death guard themed nurgle army, 750 points for a small free for all

Unclean one – 280
Psyker 3
2 Greater Rewards

1 Herald of Nurgle - 155
Palaquin
Psyker 2
Greater Reward

5 Havocs - 135
1 Sergeant
Mark of Nurgle
Missile Launcher
3 Autocannons

5 Chaos Marines – 90
Mark of Nurgle
Heavy Bolter

5 Chaos Marines – 90
Mark of Nurgle
Heavy Bolter

However I am unsure whether to swap the GUO for Typhus with 10 zombies? Any advice?

Also with Plague marines hitting in at 24 PPM and Death guard basic marines 16 PPM is there really any reason to take plague marines now? Aside from poisoned CC

I think it's for the best, keeps discussion about a new announcement to fewer threads, and the board gets a bit more breathing room from 40k fags

No.

>starting a pointless thread war
GET IN HERE

I'm thinking of coming back to 40k because I heard World Eaters are getting some cool rules and can finally shut down Psychic powers along with cool legion rules.

I dropped my Khorne Berzerker lists because it was impossible to actually get stuck in and chaos became the "cultists + Lord and heldrake" faction which was AWFUL. Then Grav completely made my Land Raiders irrelevant, which kind of sucked considering I ran 2.

But I built a Legion World Eaters army a couple years back that I played 40k with and had a blast. The Landraiders can repair Immobilization and are immune to the melta, the marines get chainaxes and feel cool, Red Butchers are solid killy. It's pretty flavorful, but I miss my blood red murderers.

What is the state of Chaos Space Marines? Is it worth coming back to chaos and playing 40k World Eaters, or just fix up the 30k marines I have and update them with the legion list.

Can a marine focused CSM force actually work in current 40k? I keep being told that its all about the deamons now, but I don't want to spam bloodthirsters with hounds and I always hated the new sculpts for the bloodletters.

They were made within minutes of each other user, it's not a war it's a mistake.

I'm getting mixed signals

How does everybody rate the Storm Warden fluff? I think fantasy flight did a decent job compared to relic and their magpies.

I think it's the same faggot actually trying to start a thread war.

It must be Carnac

Fucking Carnac.

Is there any way to run:

>CSM based around standard troop marines
>Footslogging

Because my favourite Chaos unit is just standard Chaos Marines, but I really don't like vehicle based armies.

It's not like it's hard to be better than Relic in fluff-writing.

Hey guys have a casual games night in a few days and was planning on running this list. Didn't get enough feedback last thread so I'm asking again.

This list all good and viable? I went for something fluffy by using the Rubrics and was wondering if this would punish me?

You will make ass blast them so heard they will be coughing up shit for weeks.

Having Rhinos for each squad is not "vehicle-based".

>casual games
>Magnus in 1k

here's your (You)

The rate this is going they're going to meme him into an in-universe character. Sorcerer of Tzeentch I bet.

METAL BAWKSEZ

Still, I want a footslogging army.

Can it be done?

It'd be a whole lot fluffier if you replaced the rubrics with some pink horrors.

He's already a character warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Carnac_Commodus
Of all the things no one expected him to be a Red Cosasir.

How would Veeky Forums rank the new legion rules/detachments?

Gotta say Alpha legion score 10/10 on pure in-character troll-faced shenanigans.

No. Fottsloging marines are just too slow for objective-based games, and everyone plays objective games nowadays.

>unless you have your oponent's express permission to do so in such a small game.
Nigga you don't need permission to run whatever you want. Bring a list with whatever.

It doesn't stop some smacktard from bringing wraithknights so I'm not gonna bitch if somebody brings Magnus.

Is this better and more fluffy? Guess it does make for a nice demon invasion theme.

Looking good user, hope you have fun with it.

>"I've not played 40k for years! Shame I sold all my old models. Oh well, at least I get a chance to start a new army!"
>"Oh cool, Thousand Sons are getting updated with cool plastic models! They're my favourite legion, and I always said I'd play them if they got plastic models!"
>They're a dumpster fire of an army that relies on having more daemons than marines.

why do bad things happen to good people Veeky Forums

I just hope everyone has fun, some of the guys going only bought dark vengeance a week ago and this will be their first game night. Want to make it as enjoyable, fun and laid back as possible.

the thing is, you kinda need permission from your opponent to play a big creature or your opponent's just not going to play. then you won't be able to use it.

If psychic powers were more reliable Or if the Thousand sons were less shit I'd suggest making some janky list involving a bunch of Ectomancy Sorcerers rolling for Soul Switch and Ghost storm and then comboing that with Bikes and Discs of Tzeentch to move your army.

Currently the best I think you can do is to use Daemonic allies to capture forward objectives and then use your CSM to hold your side of the board.

Because being a bad guy pays

It kinda sucks because I think what happened is they nerfed the army overall so that they could make Magnus really good, without realising that nobody is going to let you play Magnus in smaller games and smaller games are what most people play.

>Nerfed.

Are they worse than they were?

Well most people haven't had a chance to play with them yet, but we already know that EC,DG and AL are probably pretty high on the list.

An opponent refusing a game isn't the same as asking for permission to use something.

Never stops any of the top tier armies bringing top tier units even for fluffy reasons and fuck, it's not like Chaos Marines shouldn't finally get to use their nice, actually good models for a change.

Where can I see the leaks?

well, not really, but i mean overall, while they were deliberating what they could've had, they decided to keep them shitty in order to justify having such a fucking rapemachine of a model in there.

>TFW you've been playing 30k for the past 2 years
>In 30k there is a limitation on how many LOW you can take
> You also cant take them if they cost more then a quarter of your armies cost
>Means that I cant even play my primarch in anything short of 1850pts
>Thinking of coming back to 40k
>Primarch Demon Prince in 1000pt game

Guys... I just started to think of coming back... don't remind me of why I left already...

Still overprived
Still are only good for killing MEQs in the open
New weapons are useless
No in-built psycjic batteries or ways to scale psychic phase well - i.e. the more psykers you have the lest efficient they are.
They're not better, not worse. Just at the same shit level with more options to make them another shade of shit.

Or they decided to make new units that added to old ones instead od radically changing them.

Banning lord of wars only applies to some of them.
Tau stormsurges are heavy support so even if you ban lords of war the local Tau player can bring as many stormsurges as he has points...

Thank you for taking time out of you important life of playing a superior game just to tell us that.

Kitchen, heat, get out, all that.

>years of gaming with my fluffy Legion
>stubbornly mono-mark, no exception
>no units of which I don't like the models (like Heldrakes and Obliterators)
>get destroyed at first
>play every week, watch battle reports, learn all the rules
>After years of beating, I became good
>Dominating in LGS
>I manage to get half chart in tournaments in my city two years in a row, which was a mighty fine result for fluffy CSM
>Legions rules arrive with a serious buff
>I just roflstomped a Tau like it was nothing

You created a monster
I am pain
I AM INVICIBLE

Come Khornate cousin!
Set aside our disagreements and let's burn this Galaxy together!

>My opponent cant tell me no if he doesn't like my list

We found the American player

>>Legions rules arrive with a serious buff
>>I just roflstomped a Tau like it was nothing
That adamantium will really help keep the Tau psykers of-balance, and furious charge makes all the difference vs elite mel...

Anyone leaked what the rules are for the Eradication Cohort yet? I'm tempted to pick one up but am wary of the Electro shitters.

I agree and I've never played 30k but been a 40k player for 8 years.

Game would be better with these restrictions in place.
If you wanna play a silly list with big models at low point cost, then get your mates to agree.

They are battleforces, not necessarily formations.

30k is like 40k babyz.
It's 40k but with the power levels cranked all the way down.

It's like dragon ball compared to dragon ball z.

I want to be like you, man.

I really love the idea of playing CSM, but I really hate all the stuff in them that are good, like heldrakes and obliterators.

I just want marines, dammit. Stop diluting what makes CSM cool.

Well that's a pretty good analogy seeing as DB's plot moves and it's actually good.

Store page says they come with a formation to field them as a standalone army.

It fits with what they did with the Start Collecting! boxes, just buy that thing and you're technically ready to go.

I mean, it's the only way they could justify putting Electro Priests in there, because otherwise they would never get used.

Just saying this: the GW FAQ links are updated fine. Not old or outdated. No reason to link to community at all.

Just homebrew my man, that's what I've always done as a Thousand Sons Veteran.

Here's the latest version of my "fix" that I had available on my laptop, later I'll post the more finished version with an updated discipline of Tzeentch and less typos.

One idea I'm toying around with is making Siphon Magic into the Tzeentch Primaris.

It's been stated by GW that they will be formations.

Otherwise they all would be unplayable.

>Their sorcerers can only have force staffs, all of the older models have force swords, no you cannot switch them out

>You no longer have Bolt of Change reliably to pop vehicles, you have to rely on Str5 Assault cannons or one shot Str 9 attacks from sorcerers.

>Its an army about having ap3 in Coverhammer.

>Your still priced at 23 points per marine and cant even overwatch

>The Terminators can only have powerswords, because when you have ap3 bolters you REALLY need ap3 weapons to go along with it... Seriously, Mark of Tzeentch terminators are just always better.

>Magnus is WAY to powerful for normal play and so people wont want to play against him.

Its depressively bad, especially in the wake of other great books recently. They had the chance to REALLY make them amazing, but they wasted that opportunity.

Nah, undivided sorcerer in league with be'lakor

My group isn't that kind of group. If they let me homebrew, they're all going to turn up with their own homebrew and it'll start an arms race.

So instead I need to decide if I'm OK with playing an army where I get tabled every game, or compromise and play an army I don't enjoy but have a chance at not doing terribly.

ARE THEY WORSE THAN THEY WERE IN THE INSTANCE BEFORE THE SUPPLEMENT?

With WE

For Genestealer Cults, what's the better core choice to run? Brood Cycle seems
more powerful, but I feel like Subterranean Assault is the better assault choice, meaning Neophyte Calvacade would be good since it costs way less.

>Tau stormsurges are heavy support
They're LOW m8.

Think Eldar are the only one with a SH / GC as a Heavy Support via the Lynx (?) Tank

I also plan to implement a mechanic where enemy units with Soul Blaze markers have reduced cover saves.

The unexplained "Sorcerer's command" rule that pops up under the Rubrics will allow them Overwatch as long as there is a friendly psyker with the Mark of Tzeentch in their unit.

Well, my Sonic stuff seems to be made to wreck Tau.

You may struggle against them, but you have some fine buff. Everything is Fearless, VotLW for free, and with the detachment and formations you start closer to the enemy and can charge much earlier.

There is a lot of potential.

If I can do it, you can do it too.
You just need to not be discourage when you brutally lose the first times, which is easy if you truly love you Legion.

I always said, if your minis looks amazing and you love them, you win the very second you place them on the field.

>(You)
>Well, my Sonic stuff seems to be made to wreck Tau.
>
>You may struggle against them, but you have some fine buff. Everything is Fearless, VotLW for free, and with the detachment and formations you start closer to the enemy and can charge much earlier.
>
>There is a lot of potential.
Sorry for some reason i read you post as being World Eaters.

>I always said, if your minis looks amazing and you love them, you win the very second you place them on the field.

To be fair, yeah, fielding something you love is fun. Taking them back off the board after they do nothing is less so.

Go for the Neophyte Cavalcade. The Brood Cycle demands too much stuff you'd usually prefer to take in other formations - Subterranean Assault for Acolytes/Metamorphs and First Curse for Purestrains. The Neophyte Cavalcade is cheaper and can give you some ranged anti-tank and objective campers to supplement your assault-orientated formations.

Here's an idea, play for a bit with the group as is for a bit, as they see that you keep getting tabled ask if you can get a bit of a handicap/boost as it's clear that GWs rules suck and that if you get to use rules that give you a fighting chance the games will be more fun for everyone.

Alternatively bring Magnus to every game and give them a choice, Homebrew or Magnus.

Or maybe find better people to play with?

Lastly you could always see if there's another army that isn't really weak that interests you? As a big Thousand Sons fan I also really like the new Mechanicus/Skitarii army and they're actually quite powerful, maybe they'd interest you too?

>Think Eldar are the only one with a SH / GC as a Heavy Support via the Lynx (?) Tank

As of the reissued Imperial Armour book, the Lynx isn't a Superheavy any more. It's just AV12 with 5 Hull Points.

Subterranean isn't a core choice for the GSC Decurion, its an Aux choice.

>ask if you can get a bit of a handicap/boost as it's clear that GWs rules suck and that if you get to use rules that give you a fighting chance the games will be more fun for everyone

Nope. They enjoy tabling people. They're not going to make it harder for them to table someone.

>Alternatively bring Magnus to every game and give them a choice, Homebrew or Magnus.

I really don't want to field Magnus, which is what I meant when I was saying I have to compromise and field an army I don't want.

>Or maybe find better people to play with?

If fucking only. I'm trying to find a casual group, but there just doesn't seem to be the support.

>Lastly you could always see if there's another army that isn't really weak that interests you?

And again, the compromise. I want to play 1k Sons and have a good time playing 1k Sons. I'm sure I probably would enjoy playing Mechanicus, but I don't want to spend money on something that isn't the army I want.

I know. I said that taking the Calvacade would be better because I could dedicate more points to better assault formations like the Subterranean assault.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Sadly, I kinda prefer the Acolytes to the Neophytes, built ah well, I can fit them in elsewhere.

>Nope. They enjoy tabling people. They're not going to make it harder for them to table someone.
The group is toxic, leave.

Well shit I don't know what to say then, cause those are your only real choices.

Find better people or find and army that inspires you as much as Thousand Sons are still your best bets in my opinion.

So help me god, I want to. But it's a choice of either play with that group, or don't play, period. I do enjoy modelling/painting, but I'm not going to do it if the models just get tossed into a drawer when they're done.

>I do enjoy modelling/painting
Stick with that.

>it's a choice of either play with that group, or don't play
That's what battered women say

Pretty much this, they sound like cancer incarnate.

Real talk, what role do Orks even have in 40k?

They sort of fit in back in the old days when 40k was more "wacky" but the setting has evolved beyond that and become more serious, Orks have not.

Their terrible rules, their terrible lore.
Why not just get rid of them?

Yo, guys. Didn't have much time to check these threads recently, but was Traitor Legions already leaked?
If not, pic related.

A lot is there but thee are some gaps you are welcome to fill.

That's a 1k army.

A 1k army with 17 models.

why live Veeky Forums

why live

It would be helpful if you could spell out exactly the auxiliary formation available to the traitor legion "decurions". That's one of the fuzzy bits of info.

A photoset of the book hasn't turn up, to my knowledge. If you've got pictures I'd love to see them.

>three units of overpriced garbage
>overpriced HQ
How does a low model count surprise you in this context?

This stupid and defeatist. They just need a new book.

>That adamantium will really help keep the Tau psykers of-balance

That's not what makes Khorne crazy, its the crazy turn one charge you can pull off.

A lord with Talisman of Burning Blood gives +3 movement and run and charge. Put him on a bike or juggernaught and put him in a Bike unit. The rumored Blood Mad! army rule gives them a 2d6 move after infiltration happens. They then ride forward 12", run d6" and assault with rerolls, nuking the unit they hit. Then, if they rolled the right warlord trait, they can charge on YOUR assault phase, meaning you need to kill them immediately or else they will eat a unit a turn.

And the rest of the army is coming in right after them. Hounds to clog the gunline, Rhino's with normal CSM squads to grab objectives, and probably a Knight to handle any thing the bikes cant deal with.

Khorne is looking like a potentially really viable assault army again.

How unbalanced is 40k? I'm making Necrons and my brother is making an Ork army. Do I need to be mentally deficient to lose?

Yes.