/bbg/ Blood Bowl General - No Bash Edition

Veeky Forums Fumbbl Main Season has Season VI signups open now until this weekend.

Stunty League season 2 has finals soon.

Secret Autism League is in round 3.

Veeky Forums BloodBowl 2 League is the alive in round 2, keep in contact with your opponent!

The new edition is also out!
bbtactics.com/
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The latest rules, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

Veeky Forums STALL League:
fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10591

IRC Server (Not Dead): irc.fumbbl.com
Port: 6667
Channel: #tg

Steam Community for Blood Bowl 2(It is basically dead):
steamcommunity.com/groups/tgbloodbowl2

Cknoor's tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4Nr-Ky1PaFZys50S7zewio1O

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DqRC5tquyU0
thenaf.net/2016/11/from-crp-to-bb2016/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fitting first post for No Bash Edition

>Piling on gone forever
Good bye my love.

youtube.com/watch?v=DqRC5tquyU0

GW didn't have to cut you off
Make out like you weren't needed
And that claw-mb was nothing
And I don't even need you now
But I have to carry more tacklers
And that feels so rough

They didn't have to stoop so low
Force you to use team re-rolls
And then not buffing foulers
I guess I don't need that though
Now you're just some skill I used to know

got ya

for wood elves I'm thinking of using 40k Wyches and just painting them earthy tones, and using the Spirit of the Forest reaper bones as the treeman

>played non-elves all my life
>start playing elf
>lose every game

Thinking's hard isn't it?

>elfs
>thinking

Intriguing post

>play elves all my life
>start playing non-elves
>do shit

>play stunty as first team to learn bb
>lose a ton but team is pretty manageable due to low cost
>lose 3 players to death
>ok
>try chaos
>lose a chaos warrior game 1
>mfw team is destroyed

I won like 1/5 games with my stunty but at least they were useful till death and cheap to replace.

play av7, enjoy losing 3 or more positionals in one game

Norse I am guessing?

I tried them. They are stupid good low tv but once they lose momentum their lineup just falls apart.

>Piling on gone forever
too be fair the NAF has currently kept most of the old rules in place for tournaments (piling on, slann, etc)

>pick high elves for high armour
>play passively to avoid injuries
>fail dodges and break armour, immediately die
>armour broken by every non-mighty blow player
>my thrower has been on the field for the duration of exactly two full turns in the three games i've had him on for so far

>try to start a game in BB2 league.
>Please wait 298 seconds
>fuuuck

I'd link game, but cyanide says fuck you.

>try to start a game in BB2 league
>Please wait 298 seconds
>10 minutes and searching through four league lists
>Match Found
>Guy I've played four times already

Yeah...

Should I wait for GW to put out official Khemri team minis before I put down the money for a team? The only reason I ask is I'm afraid the one at Willy Miniatures will look weedy and small compared to the new minis coming out.

Member S4? Elf edition.

From what little our GW rep was able to tell us, only the dwarves actually have an unreleased finished plastic team and that's scheduled for January. The rest were being held off until they could see the sales from the first wave. I'd be willing to bet the next batch of teams we'll see will be those in Deathzone, so even if they do a Khemri team, it will probably be a couple years before then.

So even if the mummies are are weedy, to say... the new black orcs I'll just have to grin and bear it?

So, has there been any word of how well the sales have been? I know that the skaven team is going in and out of stock, but that could just be supply chain issues.

Can I get an opinion from some other Chaos bros? Are 3 mutant Gor figs and 4 Ungor journeymen enough for a league? Also, do you guys try to model accurate mutations, or just use generic mutated figs and refer to your roster?

Ideally I would convert guys prolly. but if I used a metal team Id prolly just sub models/skill ring it.
4 journeymen *should* be enough, some low level stars would probably be nice too.

Just played Brettonia vs Orcs.
He got 3 KO's and an Injury on me first turn, but I got a man in the backfield off a blitz.
My turn 1, I sack his ball carrier and get into scoring position.

He concedes.
>mfw

My copy of death zone has a weird looking cut in it on page 17-18, is this normal? It looks like it was almost perfectly placed there to divide the new teams from the league rules.

do we have a pdf of all the rules in the new boxed game yet ?

Yes, check the last thread.

what are the main differences ?

so far i cant find any changes.

I member

thenaf.net/2016/11/from-crp-to-bb2016/

the new treasury rules seem okay.

So is piling on still a skill or can you just use a team reroll whenever you want to try again on someone's armor break?

Not sure I dislike the changes honestly.

Still a skill afaik

Question
how do you explain bloodbowl to people who never played

Fantasy football.
Just with more fantasy.

An ultra violent version of rugby/american football with fantasy creatures.

It's a skill listed under "optional rules", so whether you can take it is down to your league.

does anyone here ever time out slow opponents? in random public games or in a league setting or in the very tg league

Veeky Forums league doesn't do timeouts, but I wouldn't mind if we started since some people hit it so often.

Probably. See if you can find a picture of them on 32mm bases, since that's the base for all the normal players now.

>tfw you kill your opponents star player who won several awards in previous seasons on a 1db

do i fire a level 4 ogre with -ma and no doubles

Probably, unless you're playing ogres and hate winning.

i suppose it's simply a question of how fast can i get six spp to get him the one useful skill he has

>Entering a weak team, or deliberately weakening a team if it is doing poorly
i can understand turn 16/16 fouls being utterly pointless against a team you want to win games to siphon points from others, but does this mean that by deliberately weakening a team on turn 15/16 to prevent incredibly unlikely touchdowns or fouling the shit out of them in the previous few turns is against the rules?

No, you deliberately weaken your own team so it sucks dick and creates no competition.

Signups are closing tonight. Will veterans manage enough teams to not end up as a round robin tournament? Going by the signup sheet update, we have 9 teams.

I submitted my team yesterday but no reply yet

Posting this again because it's almost time.

same

skavenblight pack only has 2 gutter runners... why live?

Mauled will run vets as swiss even with 6 teams. Last season is proof.

good gfi trying to score a td

fantasy fantasy football, with orcs playing american football as described to them by a blind dwarf who read the rulebook once

my models are just gors and chaos warriors with weapons cut off

I'd only model a mutation if I had a star player but I'm pretty tryhard so that would mean like one claw gor and probably two or three claw warriors

but you'd want multiple minis representing your guys as they leveled up probably (unless it's for a tourney team but a tourney team usually won't get enough skills for claw mb and things like that)

I'll be looking through my PMs tonight when I finish work. Always seems the case that Rookies sign up early whilst Vets get around to it later.

You can't play the same opponent twice in Swiss unless you're the only pair left, so it wouldn't actually make that much of a difference if I were to. Besides, last Vets had a dozen teams.

>12 Teams
>3/4 players get into playoffs
No problem here

Only one team can become champion

The fags were waiting for you to post the signup like an idiot so they could see if their pixels would have an easy in win in vets. Posting the signup sheet is bad.

Shitty coaches can get into playoffs.

So?

shitty coaches can win playoffs too

That has little to do with Swiss though.

And 8 from 12 is 2/3 you dolt.

See If more shit coaches get in then the odds are higher a shit coach wins. Back in Season 3 LogicsFate won because of insane luck. Ram only won with moderate luck because there were less good teams.

My bad. Playoffs is still shit with 2/3 getting in.

If a shit coach beats a 'better' coach then he's not so shit, even moreso if he had to win 3 games in a row, deal with it.

t. Ram

i mean, if you don't want to play with shitty coaches then don't sign up for Veeky Forums league

Got me there

t. Ram

Wonder how many dorf players suddenly appear to farm the stunty gits in rookies

Not as many anti AG4 teams will show up.

actually the best team for farming stunties is something like khemri

like sure, orcs or any other strong bashy team can farm stunties, but they're strong because they can farm pretty much any team, if you want to maximize value from farming stunties you want to take a weaker team which can snowball off stunties

Try farming me with Khemri faggot. Gonna gangfoul ur TGs to ded

would the strategy and tips section be good to read if I'm starting the newest BB? or is it outdated?

>no tackle
>no block
>decay
in what world is this good against stunties

Because 3die blocks are so much better than having block on 2dies!

newb here
wanting to watch a few games on youtube just to help get a grasp of the game before I give it a go myself
Im aware miniwargaming isnt considered a good one, so are there any particular channels Veeky Forums would recommend?

newest BB hasn't changed at all basically

awesome thanks

cKnoor is alright.

because khemri is shit against most teams but they're ok against stunties, so you'd have an easier time farming them up

Hey now, we have a whopping two block on our side thank you very much!

cknoor is a SJW cuck with shitty terrible opinions, but he's the best for youtube bloodbowl content, just take his criticisms of the community with a grain of salt

his tutorials about the game are A1 steak sauce though

thesage

>reading comprehension

I said that while good teams can crush stunties, Khemri at least win against stunties

A good team can farm in any environment, but a bad team thrives in their optimal environment where as they do not thrive in a normal environment

If you wanted to cuck stunties you'd just take norse and laugh

Wrong

He only acts like that because that is his job. Before he was hired by paradox he was better.

>He only acts like that because that is his job. Before he was hired by paradox he was better.

No, no, he's always had shit opinions

I meant the SJW part. He can't get them a bad image. His opinion on tun 16 fouling doesn't really matter.

fuck you. il win this league

;-;

Cknoor "I am an elf coach" and "You should just try to outscore woodies" the faggot.

At least he is not as boring and as autistic as the Sage

That image wasn't ever and still isn't true.

Watching bloodbowl is shit anyways. I just skip to the end to see if there is a super weird game and watch level ups.

>At least he is not as boring and as autistic as the Sage

pretty much this

I still can't believe sage starts all his videos with that garbage intro video

and that garbage overlay

the only upside is that he doesn't look like a faggot anymore

He is worse than one of the worse coaches in the league that quit because he was so bad.

We have already given away enough trophies to mentally challenged to promote accessibility.

Lol fuck you. I am better than 99% of the people in this shitty league.
I quit fumbbl because I am busy playing in top quality leagues in BB2 with other pro players like the Sage

>he didn't roll 80-90k winnings in his six first games
get on my level

sometimes i think i'm okay
but then i think again and know i'm fucking awful

Faggot:

Now and then I think of all the times you piled on my gutter
Or put my wardancer 6 feet under
But I don't wanna play that way
Getting punished for my misplay
You said that you could win without piling on
And I don't want my precious pixels gone

and he has the tinniest mic ever