Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

>My dreaming ends... Your nightmare... begins...
The edition

Discuss the lore and viability of Warcraft as a tabletop setting.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dp9C_0_JeYE
youtube.com/watch?v=q4IkPkelbrg&t=0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yog-Sothoth
youtu.be/dKY29qji2a8
wowhead.com/spell=211720/thalkiels-discord
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Which Class Order Hall campaign would you adapt to a tabletop campaign and why?

My personal picks would be Warrior, Death Knight, Druid, and Shaman. Maybe Monk, too.

To be honest, I am not familiar with campaigns of most of the classes, due to lack of information. I know what is DK campaign about, and more or less about Paladins, Priests, and Shamans. But not about the rest.
Oh, and something about Hunters seeking Hakkar, who is now some boring Fel Lord, instead of Overfiend, which would actually fit his description so far.

>Can't tell of this is a corrupted proto-dragon or corrupted regular dragon, or very mutated Twilight Dragon

nvm, this apparently is a corrupted Twilight Drake.

having finished the DK, DH and warlock campaigns, and done the first chapter of the warrior, druid and hunter campaigns. I'd say that my first pick would be DK

DHs are just hilariously incompetent, and the warlock campaign is pretty uninteresting outside of the first and last quests

How are you getting ready to celebrate Winter Veil?

youtube.com/watch?v=Dp9C_0_JeYE

>tfw finally got based Thal'kiel the absolute maderedar his last golden artifact trait

Kil'jaeden and Archimonde are cowards, feels good to be on the winning side

Never thought I would say this, but Hearthstone will save Warcraft.

This isn't Veeky Forums, retards.

I for one welcome our new 7/7 overlords
Every expansion since LoE has been an overall gain for Warcraft's lore, especially if they added more of it to WoW

Explorer's League raid and updated Gadgetzan when

>Veeky Forums
>lore

Why was the rogue order campaign so shit? It started out strong but there was so many weird/unexplained things. Why am I not allowed inside Stormwind as an alliance character? Why is Mathiass Shaw a dreadlord 3/4 of the way through the campaign but back to normal when I do my asassination artifact quest? The ending is also really abrupt and the final quest was way too easy.

I'd like to camp some corpse, see
youtube.com/watch?v=q4IkPkelbrg&t=0

>Which Class Order Hall campaign would you adapt to a tabletop campaign and why?
Warcloks,if not casualization thei class campaign could look great as old warlocks class quests.

It brought back Naxxramas and everyones favorite sexy Lich, KT so I like it just fine

Challenge: Plot up a factionless WoW that still has the current WoW's basic direction

>Vanilla>TBC>WotLK>Cata>MoP>WoD>Legion

Obviously you have to account for the lack of factions.

they should have kept the factions but have every race start out with special rep values. Being friendly with their capital and its allies, and neutral to everyone else, with world PvP quests and some PvE content dropping your reputation with the victim faction

In BC the only consequence would be meeting the Scryers and Aldor on the Stair of Destiny instead of Shattrath to account for the lack of factions

Do you mean the same as it is, but, say, an individual Orc could become friendly with Stormwind and go there?

Shaman. Uniting the elemental lords and high adventure in skyreach and the firelands? What more could you ask for?

Speaking of shamans, I'm never going to stop being shitty about the fucking thrallhammer being fostered on enhance

That was how Everquest worked. Each character started out with a certain rep with each faction based on their racial/class/deity choice but could potentially become friendly with hostile factions if they wanted to. This made other factions mad at you though so it was impossible to be friendly with everyone.

So in WoW terms, a Forsaken could become accepted in Stormwind but would become hostile to the Undercity while doing so.

That sounds kind of interesting. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me for Pandaren, or Death Knights, or probably even druids for that matter, to kill each other on sight due to being on the opposite faction.

>Speaking of shamans, I'm never going to stop being shitty about the fucking thrallhammer being fostered on enhance

you what? You mean foisted?

Did... did Blizzard just fucking tack-weld Sauron to Yog-Sototh? They did. That's exactly what I'm looking at.

Fuck you, Blizzard. Fuuuuuck you.

>Fuck you, Blizzard. Fuuuuuck you.
Hello GW, did you release your Highborne army?

C'thun's been a thing since 2006, man.

Yeah, but Everquest was also primarily a PvE game, and 90% of the factions in the game were useless. It'd be like if there was a separate rep for every quest hub in the game in WoW as well as half of the monsters but most of them gave no rewards except for the NPCS not attacking and maybe a quest or two for no real reward

Yes
an Orc would start out friendly with Orgrimmar, Sen'jin and Thunder Bluff, neutral with the UC and Alliance cities, and unfriendly with Darnassus. It would be very easy to attain friendly with the Alliance without a drop in Horde rep, but gaining Darnassus rep would require working directly against the interests of Orgrimmar in many cases, making it much harder to balance the two

Assuming you're trying to fix the faction system, why are you assuming the warsong lumber camp would still exist?

>tack-weld Sauron to Yog-Sototh?
Nah. That there is C'thun, and it's spelled Yogg-Saron.

Because assuming the orcs and nelves are still fighting makes a better example of my idea

You're right though

Considering dear old Daelin, I'd say the orcs would start unfirendly to all human cities aside from Theramore, which they start neutral with

Theramore should have been a neutral city from the beginning anyway.

>theramore
more like Theranomore

yeah they hate the orcs the most now

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yog-Sothoth
Even the names are copied.

if you are not a fan of copying check up the pantheon and the keepers of ulduar

>Even the names are copied.
Yes, that was the joke. It's just not spelled Yog-Sauron.

I am currently GM'ing a game of Warcraft D20 and a player has shown interest in becoming the new warchief by killing Garrosh.
He has shown much interest in gaining the Tusks of Mannoroth and I agree with him that that sorta stuff should go to the next warchief.
Could someone come up with some stats for it? Preferably with some effects like Gorehowl

Shoulder slot, +15 competence bonus to Intimidate.
1/day as swift, give the user's weapon the Demon Bane property for 10 rounds.

oooh I like it, thanks user

Say hello to N'Zoth, that rests in Ny'alotha, a sleeping city under the sea.

fuck you and your weird faction, alternative history in every fucking thread.
It's always the same shit.

I don't like that Blizzard's official pronunciation for Y'shaarj makes it sound like a mortal name instead of the name of a faceless elder god from beyond the stars

Isn't their official pronunciation something that doesn't match with the spelling at all?

Ya'Sharaj or something

it's supposed to be pronounced YA-she-raj, but it's spelled like it should be ee-sharge, which makes you feel like your mouth is full of sand when you say it out loud

It sounds less natural, and therefore more fitting for an eldritch god, when it's pronounced as it's spelt, as opposed to the official ruling

Who is best Demon and why is it Lord Jaraxxus?

>something in WarCraft was ripped off of something else
Say it ain't so

>which makes you feel like your mouth is full of sand when you say it out loud
Holy fuck it totally does. That is what a Lovecraftian abomination's name ought to sound like.

Thal'kiel

>it's supposed to be pronounced YA-she-raj, but it's spelled like it should be ee-sharge, which makes you feel like your mouth is full of sand when you say it out loud
More like something that you can't spell properly with your mortal speaking apparatus.

TRIFLING GNOME

Have you heard his karaoke? He's amazing!

*Ahem* And he didn't torch the library...

>Thal'Kiel

Does not sing karaoke.

youtu.be/dKY29qji2a8

>implying
wowhead.com/spell=211720/thalkiels-discord

>tfw no Succubus qt to steal my soul
>and my heart

>ywn party in Medivh's palace of memes

>Why is Mathiass Shaw a dreadlord 3/4 of the way through the campaign but back to normal when I do my asassination artifact quest?
I haven't done the rogue campaign, but doesn't he intentionally cockblock you in the assass quest?

>Why is Mathiass Shaw a dreadlord 3/4 of the way through the campaign but back to normal when I do my asassination artifact quest?
Is he a dreadlord or just mind-controlled? This IS Detheroc we talk about here, after all. He controlled entirety of human army of Garithos at the same time.

>¡Soy Jaraxxus, Señor Eredar de la Legión Ardiente!

All hail senor jaraxxus!

DK class hall. It was actually the fucking best. Second place for Rogues since they operate in the shadows.

What is her end game?

>Implying it's not HIS endgame

The forced acceptance of the Panda butt religion.

Ahegao

what a bitch

also what the FUCK is up with her time hax

>Instead, you ally with misfits and monsters
Meanwhile, she's gulping demon jizz on daily basis.

Elves were a mistake.

Settling around Well of Eternity was the greatest mistake of the Dark Trolls.

>could've had an azeroth ruled by trolls, mogu and vrykul

>tfw there's a non-zero chance of us getting Odyn's help in reviving + stormforging Lei Shen

WE KILLED HELYA FOR YOU C'MON YOU OWE US ONE

Well they were called dark trolls so they fucking things up for everyone was to be expected.

>ywn get to make a witty comeback

>BElf: Grand Magistrix? You whore yourself out to the very demons that damned our last prince, and nearly took us with him. We will not allow Kael'thas' mistakes to be repeated here.

>NElf: Grand Magistrix? For all your ancient power, you betray your home and your people to serve this petty warlock, cowering in fear from an enemy we have beaten twice. You spit on the graves of all those who died to save your soul.

>"Only if he gives Ra back his power. I miss Ra. Wonder how he's been."

Actually, Lei Shen only had the power of Aman'Thul that went to Ra. Ra should have kept his own power, I think, Lei Shen eating Ra's heart makes little sense, but him eating Aman'Thul's power that Ra took out of himself and put in a spherical form before himself could be the thing Lei Shen ate.

And Wrathion later ate Lei'Shen's heart, so he likely have majority of that power now.

So would Warriors have to go kill Wrathion?

>Xuen and Lei Shen are huge to the point of crushing multiple houses per step

Okay but why?

Nah, I do not think that eating of heart would take all of his power. After all, Jaina somehow later empowered her staff through his body, and Ra should still have his own original power.

So if anything, Jaina is the person people should go after. Or at least her staff.

Because Lei Shen decided to match the Ancient in his size to fight him.

>Raid boss

plz no.

t. Blizzard

To be fair when the mantid say it there's a lot of clicking and gargling along with it...and that's probably the proper pronunciation.

We just don't have mobile mandibles or proper grinding plates, so we just do the best we can.

Matching the strength of their opponent.
When you fight a god it's time to step up and inukchuk.

daily reminder that the Legion is only destroying all life because of an offensive YouTube video, and the Horde is your real enemy

It's going to happen. Come on, you can't see how Blizzard works by now?

And so ends another WC character replaced by their WOW meme leaders.

>tfw the factions will run around killing each-other so soon after the Faction War while the Legion is marching
>tfw they win against the Legion
>tfw the Legion is such a joke the factions can kill each-other again and still win

How do we take the Burning Legion seriously again?

It's because the heroes can carry Legion-killing business, while the faction leaders can waste some time killing each other.

>How do we take the Burning Legion seriously again?
because the night elves took them seriously when we thought they were badasses and not incompetent Vietcong wannabes

>grown as savage as the niggers that skulk about your neighborhoods
>willing to mingle with lesser races that dilute your bloodline.
>i thought you might understand the choice i made to save my people
>instead you ally with niggers and sjws
wtf i love elisande now

But Orcs aren't Niggers. For one thing, they were modeled on Eurasian barbarians (Mongols, Norsemen).

>implying the Forsaken aren't Unit 731

>what a bitch
That's pretty regular elven dialogue. Also:

>Bitches about elves forsaking their culture and allying with mongrels
>Is allied with demons

Never trust an elf!

>telling fucking Liadrin that she should understand the "sacrifice" Elisande made
6 years later she's still trying to make up M'uru's enslavement to the Draenei, and Elisande is going to tell her to prease understandu her doing something worse?

god damn I hate that slut

>protecting whore Liadrin

>looking at the timeline and realizing just how little time it's been since the beginning of the series

Someone who is just old enough to post on this site as of Legion was born before the founding of Thrall's Horde and the ENTIRETY of the Third War.

Someone twice that age is older than the Dark Portal.

>not protecting the only character with a redemption story that's not a retarded asspull to stop them from being a raid boss
Liadrin is based, fuck off

>tfw you realize that pretty much an entire generation of orcs was killed by the 4th War and SoO

Orcs are the definition of dindus.

Exactly. That's why we should gas the gooks and the Forsaken.

One good mongrels doesn't mean their entire race is also good.

>Liadrin is based
>destroyed Blood Kinghts Order and drag them into Silver Hand failed state
>totally forgets her main purpose
>ignoring Rommath her prime commander, just because she is storn independent womyn

Remember when these threads weren't 80% /pol/-styled shitposting? Those were good times.

>reforming an order built to serve Kael'thas and the Legion into proper paladins
>bad