Warhammer 40k General

Carnac is the fagnigger - edition

>Some fagnigger's un-usable epubs.
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI
>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

Let's start this general with some bingo.

First for nids

Naturally, new thread just before I post this.
New EC list in progress using the Rapture Battalion. Chaos Lord is the warlord and has the drug artefact. The allied CSM are Crimson Slaughter, so to be a legal allied detachment. Vindi has the Perdus Rift anomaly bringing the current total to 1705.
This list has everything I want except enough points-- doesn't have a full Kakophoni, full Linebreaker squad, or as much psychic support as I'd like. And with only 145 points left all I can really do is add another respectable sorcerer (and give the other one a spell senpai).
Thoughts?

The Battle Force and Start Collecting boxes are both great deals. Theyre significantly off the price if the individual components. What he's talking about are things that are explicitly called "bundles" on the web store. They come with no discount.

Who else got the WoM collector's edition? 1212 here. Enjoying my copy and the beautiful things inside.
Anyone else getting Magnus the Red, even if it's off of shit library?

Tau sux
Sisters
>melee race
>I2
magnus OP
Orkz are strong i win all the time with them

there already did a good amount for you

What Herald and lesser daemons should I add as allies to my Word Bearers?

I'm thinking Khorne and Bloodletters, since they're basically the "generic" daemons.

Nurgle and Slaanesh are fairly ubiquitous, one just has the emphasis on survivability and the other mobility.

buy one of each and aim to summon each of them during a game.

I'm not buying the collector's edition. I'll probably buy the normal edition when it comes out next year.

Can daemons be waifus?

Ah. I'm caving in and preordering instead of waiting because it looks nice

Should I be ramming things with my Raiders?

Depends what you want to use them for and how you intend to have them enter the battlefield. I've enjoyed using khorne daemons as a back up melee group for cultists. Nurgle is great at holding objectives and has a little bit of AT. Tzeentch daemons can now hold objectives like crazy, but are otherwise worthless unless you are going for a ton of warp charges. Slaanesh daemons do about the same job as khorne ones and trade AP3 for rend + I5

This weekends made to orders leaked.

>Four mastery 3 psykers that manifest Warp Charge points on 3+, re-roll failed psychic tests, have 4+ invulnerable saves, and spawn daemons from every orifice
>Dark Apostle grants Zealot to all units within 6" and generates D6 Warp Charge points every game
>Army wide Crusader
>Every turn a character rolls on Boon Table
>Cultist units respawn on a 4+ when destroyed
>Two Heldrakes to deal with gunlines

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?!

Let's start with some bitching about Magnus. What do you reckon is the limit of points you'd play against him with?

>delicious titties
yes

With my Tau, I could swing 1k with equal bullshit.
With anything else I'd say 1500 and some forewarning would be minimum.

Just emailed GW to see if Termi Chaplain with Storm Shield is legal.

Probably not, but if it is, I have a new project to work on.

What implies they couldn't in the first place?

Sure

That's actually... a pretty fluffy list.

I can save you time on waiting for a reply:

It's not in their codex, and not addressed in any FAQ, therefore, no, it's not legal.

Is that a vindicare assassin in the top right?

Primork models and rules when?
I'd take him at 700 - 1000. Lootas are glorious for killing MCs.

So I guess Adeptus Titanicus is gonna be a thing again.

Nope. The old Imperial Assassin from RT/2nd ed. He was pre-temples.

I love Ork models so much, they're so cool.

Ork update when? I want more stuff for da boyz, even if it's shit.

Also looks like BA are going to get an update.

I probably wouldn't bother after the first time regardless of points as I don't have any ability to touch him before he goes online.

Yeah, probably. But there's hope!

You didn't know that? It's going to be 8mm.

>tfw the warbuggy is still the same 2nd ed one
I'm sorry, user.

Probably soon after 8th.

>new blood angels
>primarchs returning
>yfw dante is revealed to be the warrior in gold in the prophecy and leads the blood angels to a new golden age
>yfw blood angels get eldar-tier boost in their next codex
>yfw more awesome models

I still have a warbuggy from around that time.

It's all smashed up though.

I guarantee Orks will get a new buff after the next edition. They're absolute shit tier right now, and shit tier armies means less model sales for geedubs.

Don't make promises you can't keep.

For every good thing Orks will get, they will two slaps to the face and a kick to the dick.

Are there any good alpha legion stories?

Fun game: When was the last time Orks were good?

At least 3 full editions ago.

It also looks like Fabulous bill is gonna make a return. Hopefully as an immortal sadist.
Already ordered the limited edition

Orks aren't going to get a buff to be eldar of course, they probably won't even be GSC tier. But I have no doubt they'll at least be viable in 2000-point games against competent players.

>place my SM demi-company on table
>tell my opponent they are Alpha Legion
>for lulz tell him his army is too

When are we gonna get some imperial agents leaks yooooo

I'll be fine with this if they leave the blood drops and angel wings as optional glue-on bits so I can use their models as vanilla units.

Rumor was a plastic Incubi kit was coming out too. Perhaps a Dark Eldar Kabalite rework is in the mix. Or at least a Incubi fallen phoenix option.

Pretty cool looking either way.

If past trends are any indication, Orks will get a mid-level Codex released soon after the new edition drops. However, given that the designers always seem to be very cautious with the first codexes of an edition, the Ork book will quickly drop in power as the designers begin to experiment with more and more radical new rules.

But at least you can look forward to six to twelve months of mediocrity before you back to losing every game.

Neither of the Inquisitors have the flintlock flamethrower. I'm sad.

>implying the alpha legion even exists
>implying the alpha legion wasn't invented and falsified in other legions' records as part of a secret alpha legion plot to intimidate those legions
>implying models painted as alpha legion are actually alpha legion
>implying they're not alpha legion doing a psy-op by disguising themselves as alpha legion

I don't think Orks are an unpopular army.

Loads of people say they love Orks and want to collect the models, many people do.
The problem is people quit them after they get stomped on so many times...

Reading the ebook now, fairly good for BL standards.
>Fabulous Bill is the last SM still on the Great Crusade

Shame I don't have room for him in my EC list rn, would go great with the drugs.

Just like 7th edition!

What's the most diverse unit in the Guard codex? Is there anything useful for both anti-infantry and anti-vehicle?

I'm thinking Autocannons on Heavy Teams, is that a solid investment? Maybe a Chimera or Taurox to jump them onto objectives?

is there a deposit of audiobooks anywhere? I love listening to books since I drive a few hours everyday. I am missing a few of the HH novels and it bothers me.

The worst part is KAT had most of the books, but no longer exists.

BFG when?

Anyone else ever homebrewed a random chance system? I call it a chaos system.
Tau vs Chaos Marines tonight. 1000pts.
At the start of the match, roll a d6.
On a 1, a unit of 10 Necrons "wake up" in the centre of the board.
Roll a Scatter dice and 2 d6 to determine their movement.
They open fire on the nearest unit and/or attempt to charge if their within 9 inches of the target after moving.

It kicked in on turn 5 and cleared an objective of some dug-in Berserkers running denial, so I gladly plopped some Fire Warriors onto it. Necrons swung back towards me in turn 6 and wiped out my remaining Fire Warriors on the objective, sealing a narrow win for my opponent. Some nail biting stuff!
Next time, the roll of 1 will generate a Warboss and 30 Boyz arriving by outflank.

>primarchs returning
I really doubt we'll see primarchs come fully back user.

When does Magnus somehow repent for his crimes of ruining mankinds only hope and sit on the throne instead of dad so he can finally die?

>At the start of the match
At the start of the turn*

CRUDDED

Reminds me of mordheim with monsters being randomly around and just controlled by dice-rolls and random chance.

that's pretty cool actually
but you missed the opportunity for spessmehn to come and purge the heretics

Pask in a Punisher.

I'm yet to play Mordheim, but it's on the to-do list.

Drop pod deployment instead of Necrons waking up is always a possibility.

So I'm really torn on the army I want to start with, eldar tau and admech all look really cool to me.

>inb4 I'm "that guy"

I know radar jetbike and tau walker lists are gay af. My meta is also pretty bipolar either being super competitive or fairly casual. For the tau and eldar lists I would run them fairly infantry heavy, since I like the units (don't get me wrong the big guys are awesome too).

What do you guys think?

>Featuring Dante!

Sounds pretty fun, more wacky than the random objectives in Maelstrom of War.

What about multiple "chaotic" possibilities per match?

I'm conflicted. I've been wanting to come up with a color scheme for my Guard, but I'm not sure what looks good. I have 3 Chimeras and about 30 Guardsmen painted as your basic Cadians. I really like the basic Cadian color scheme, but it just seems boring to me. However, the colors I've come up with don't seem very good.

I'm stuck between a goldish yellow armor with black clothing and a greyish blue armor with black clothing. There's also the 30 Guardsmen and Chimeras I'm not sure what to do with. Do I just have mixing colored Guardsmen? Make them different platoons or some conscripts? I don't know and these decisions plague me. I want to make sure I pick a direction and start working instead of painting 10-20 guys and realizing I want to change it.

What are some good and more on the original side in terms of color schemes for Cadian troops?

go eldar for maximum cheese and winning
tau for high amounts of cheese and winning
admech for fun winning, less people complaining about cheese, and good (but expensive) models also if you want to build a skitarii army

Really depends on how well the FW models sell. Its too tempting for GW to ignore.

>when you're in deep
>and you need to go deeper

Now I need an Alpha Legion PDF in the same vein as the Pepsi PDF.

From an old codex

I've done something similar. In one campaign, we had this mad mega Chaos spawn that each player took control of in there turn. However, if it got within 8" of any unit- for any reason- it immediately had to charge. It was kinda neat, fucked over some unwitting Skitarii though.

Otherwise yeah it's very similar, 'Crons waking up or a warp incursion that attacks the closest thing to it/ it's important relic. Good stuff, adds a nice bit of intrigue

Harakoni Warhawks are cool.

Oh nice, thank you.

512th Cadian was my shit in Dawn of War.

What the fuck did I just read.

>multiple "chaotic" possibilities per match
You see I think it could definitely work, but it would easy to cause too much havoc. I think multiple instances would work best if there was a slightly narrative lilt on things. For example, the 30 Boyz mentioned above could be scaled down to 15 Boyz + Warboss. But if the D6 rolls a 1 or 2 at the start of the next turn, 30 more Boyz turn up to represent the next clump of the waagh rocking up to scrap it out. I would recommend you try it yourself some time!

I like the idea of controlling the unit to a degree. We once did something similar, but even then it relied on the scatter and proximity rules outlined above. Each army started with a Dreadnought/ChaosDreadnought/Hellbrute etc in a random selected corner of their deployment zone. In the middle of the map was a console that, if activated, would bring the unit to life.

A social experiment on whether or not shareholders are really just retards with expendable income.

Shareholders of GW are.

Those were the 2 I noticed that I wanted to potentially use. I just gotta figure out what to do with the other 30 and the transports. It's really daunting to think about repainting them, but also it might not look great having such mixing and matching color schemes in the army.

I'm not sure about all the Sigils on the Sorcerers. They're going to be taking a fair number of wounds from Perils, which don't allow saves at all. A 2+ Look out Sir! is better than a 4++ anyways.

I never knew Harakoni Warhawks had the Helldiver nicknames. I've always liked Harakoni Warhawks for being a less wonky looking EDT and I thought the term Helldiver from other media was badass.

Harakon confirmed for GOAT

I had an idea for a system like that.

My friends wanted to build a board where the terrain was more than just "ruins" and "da uvva bitz", you know?
Actually use the terrain rules for stuff, gun emplacements and unoccupied buildings.

The plan fell apart when we realised that would mean going out of our way to custom build a gaming board.

I assume I can't replace a Chaos Predator from the "Legion Armoury" formation with a Chaos Infernal Relic Predator?

make the bases and layers of dust/weathering same and have a nice AM force drafted from interplanetary remnants marching to their death

Go ad-mech, they're the hot new thing in the game, the newest faction.
Not many people collect a big army of them so you can do it and become a snowflake.

Nope. You need a CAD for FW goodies.

Careful, user. That's Khorne's waifu, and he doesn't share like the rest of us.

Email forgeworld about it. There's a precedent in them telling people that their "FW 'dreadnoughts' count as dreadnoughts in formations", and that you can use any Badab War Character in place of normal characters in formations. Like using Asterion Moloc in place of a chapter master in the Strike Force Command, or Tarnus Vale instead of a captain. They even let you take a Leviathan in a gladius, their reasoning being that 'leviathans are dreadnoughts', although the leviathan's rules explicitly state that it never claims any benefit from whatever formation you stick it in.

Just go with the Forgeworld Predator is still a predator, or god forbid just email forgeworld about it. And when they give you permission to, print out the response and bring it with you.

Nope.

FW really needs to make a list of what of their stuff counts as what for detachment/formation purposes. It's silly that none of it can be taken in Formations/Detachments.

Oh great idea. What do you think of adding something to the should pads? Like some kind of colored line through them horizontally or vertically? As a sign of their bond despite being from different worlds?

You could always just use something a bit more simple. Enter a building? It might be booby trapped. Come within a certain distance of an emplacement, it might be an auto-defence turret. Come across some long grass? There might be undeclared melta-mines in there!

You don't need to go over board and create new boards or custom terrain if you don't want to. Sure, it helps, but it isn't needed. These are about £11 in the UK and you can do a lot of fun stuff with them. If a unit is behind it, they can use it for cover, but if you don't hit your target you're more than likely going to hit the tank. If you're lucky, you might ignite the magazine and kill the whole squad hiding there.

>Roll to hit with 10 shots
>4 hit, 6 miss
>Resolve 6 misses against Av10 (for example)
>On a 5 or 6, the magazine ignites
>Roll 2 d6 for range
>Deal 1 S5 Ap4 hit to everyone inside the blast radius
>If the 6 misses don't penetrate the armour, resolve the original 4 hits as normal

That's just an example, but you just need to make a simple system that your opponent agrees with.

I'm doing this, I like this idea a lot.

>Harakoni Warhawks are just cadian models

Rules are in the OP

Have fun friendo!

Not gonna lie, I never even skim read that.

Not really. But it's close enough you can pretend.