HUGE PIT FILLED WITH 200 SPIKES

This 10' deep, open pit completely fills the passageway and extends so as to make jumping across it totally impossible.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qammSSEwhiE
youtube.com/watch?v=VGkduYVatMI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So what?

Shit someone give me some quarters fucking Johnny Cage is such a bitch to fight agasint.

That's a lot of spikes for a 10' pit. Possibly even an excessive number.

What's the neighbourhood like?

So, you're supposed to fill it with water and then swim over it?

Look, boss - we can build somethin' based on a napkin sketch and an idea, but yer sketch just looks like spikes in a pit, and has the note 'EXTENDS!' next to it.

I don't understand what we're meant to build, boss. Work wif me here, 'ow's it s'pposed to extend so you can't jump across it? Do the spikes leap up? Are the edges of the pit hinged so's running up to the edge drops you in? Izzit magic wot extends the pit out?

>There are dried Dire Prawn eggs strewn about the bottom of the pit.
>Exposure to water causes them to hatch rapidly and eat anyone in the vicinity.

I climb down, walk across the spikes with a ladder, then climb back up.

It's 10' wide, but OP didn't specify the length, only that it's too long to jump across. If we assume it's 20ft, then it only has one spike per square foot. If it's even longer then it's even more spread out.

10' deep, other dimensions were left vague. Wide as the passage you came through, however wide that was, but in theory too wide to parkour across.

>be Aaracokra

Thankfully I remembered to bring my trusty jetpack.

okay, so climb down slowly and shuffle around between them and try not to break my ankles walking around on the narrow and/or uneven bottom of the pit

Climb down, go to other side, break spikes along the way, clim up. Easy.

Rolled 4 (1d5)

As you set foot upon the floor of the pit, spikes shoot upward and impale you. Any character looking over the ledge of the pit is likewise struck.

Roll a d6 for each spike, as above.

> Plebs don't have a Wizard in their party.

I piss in the pit and give the roof the finger.

Stop moving your goalposts.

Are you going to be a bitch or are you going to roll damage?

wheel barrel, shovel, gravel/sand and maybe some nice pavement

I cast fly is just too easy.

As the party wizard I cast spike to silicone.

>tfw no one old enough here to remember that video game :-/

pit faLL ?

Take it to you fucking mong

No we're just laughing that you had trouble with fucking Johnny Cage. Seriously. You could end his ass with any of the ninjas, or Liu Kang. Who the fuck were you playing as, Kano?

Battle Toads?

>Stop moving your goalposts.
It's Tomb of Horrors, dipshit. That trap's been around longer than you have.

I would drink a beer with that cat

Decanter of Endless Water. Fill the pit and swim across.

Or.. find a raft or something to keep you and your equipment dry. Yeah, there's a potentially significant caveat to that.

I climb down, walk on the tips of the spikes to the other side, then climb up.

How do my feet not get impaled on the spikes? Simple: I use Hamon.

Hamon wholewheat?

As in the Ripple, boy.

THE TEMPLE OF THE DEAD MOURNS THE LIVING
H
E

T
E
M
P
L
E

O
F

T
H
E

D
E
A
D

M
O
U
R
N
S

T
H
E

L
I
V
I
N
G

Tomb of Horrors was a shit module.

"Ha Gotcha!" is not a fun game.

I mirror the screen. The leftmost entrance I came in is now the rightmost exit, and I progress to the next screen

>Tomb of Horrors was a shit module.
Says the shit player. Sorry that you grew fat and complacent on the champagne wishes and caviar dreams of your Monty Haul dungeon dives.

Boiling water then you cross when it cools. Fucking. NEXT.

>Using the mortal plane for locomotion
I cast Dimension Door, with the enterance behind me, and the exit one foot before the next door

Get some dire vegetables and you've got the start of a mighty fine gumbo, there.

fookin prawns

I cast stone to flesh and jump in.

It's not particularly good module, though. The challenges in it depend on
A) traps, that can be defeated simply by having a hireling walk ahead of the party
B) combing meticulously through every 10'*10'*10' square to find secret doors
It's an exercise in tedium not exploration.

Remember ToH was written for a group that included a Thief that would use spider climb slippers to walk on the roof of the passage, blindfolded using a crystal ball to navigate. It was an asshole dungeon made for asshole players.

Then the solution is to not have shitty players.

Smash rock spikes, fill pit, keep smashing rock until it's solid ground, then walk across.

I cast flight

Also the only way to defeat the demilich at the end was to place the crown of disintegration, which you would have obtained and been compelled to put on much earlier in the module, on his skull-body without awakening him.

>cast predigistation to move dirt into the hole
>mock the GM for an hour

>This 10' deep, open pit completely fills the passageway and extends so as to make jumping across it totally impossible.
>jumping
I fling the dwarf

Going to chime in, here. Brine shrimp can survive extremes of heat, cold, and chemicals. Nothing mundane like boiling or salting the water can stop that.

I cast "mass flight"

youtube.com/watch?v=qammSSEwhiE

JOMP THE CHASM

Mein schwartze.

youtube.com/watch?v=VGkduYVatMI