/EDHG/ EDH / Commander GeneralGeneral

Turboscrubs Edition

Previous thread: (Cross-thread)

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-12-16-share-the-love/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/karametra-angry-about-elves/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/maziwreck-the-directors-cut/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/thrasios-and-tymna-flying-men-and-rattlesnakes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for gruul politics

>Eight bears
>Eight fucking bears
>Not a 16/16

bruh we been over this

look at the card grizzly bearS

there's 2 bearS on that card, its a 2/2

rate my butt buddies deck

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-12-16-share-the-love/

That's because Grizzly Bears are fucking wimps. Gimme a damn Ashcoat bear any day.

me killing the simic player with xenagos + malignus:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1481186373314.webm

>no krosan grip

hmm yeah seems like an important card to have

Alright, here's my first attempt at my favorite strategy: Huge Token Army Fucks You Up.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/karametra-angry-about-elves/

Are you paying the extra 1?

>bofa lands
I love it.

Druid of the Anima is not legal in your deck.

>>Are you paying the extra 1?
im that poster who once demanded a guy to not draw rhystic study cards on my spells. he did it anyway, so i smashed him dead with a 16/16 double striker dragon the next turn and he got hella mad lmao

Ah, right. I tossed that out in Xmage. Haven't done it on tappedout yet.

Why would you use karametra as your general as opposed to literally anything else? Rhys? Rith? Ezuri1?

>Savanah and Safehold Sentry in the same deck
It's full of 5/5 and 0/5 cards without a whole lot in between. You don't have very many token makers, Karametra doesn't really contribute to a token or an elfball (which you're closer to) strategy, and Ambush Commander staples a free Armageddon onto your opponents' wraths. I would scrap it and look at some net decks before trying again.

Any super secret tech for nin?

Not that guy but why are you being such a faggot? Ezuri and Rith aren't even the same color combo

Also he has 45 creature cards I think Karametra will be good for him

>Karametra doesn't contribute to an elfball strategy

??

He has some bad cards but it's not far off overall

Do you ever have an idea that, while you know isn't the best, you kinda want to do anyway? I just wanted to see some insane Mana Ramp and have that fuel countless small creatures to fuel it with, then some big stuff.

That being said, what should I drop, and what should I add, keeping in with the whole strategy. If token generation is low, what should I add to fix that?

Post yer decks.

Also give me really janky deck ideas.

>Also give me really janky deck ideas.
Sliver Hugs.

grenzo flying men

it's like edric flying men but objectively worse

>commander with 1/1

Anyone?

I need you to come up with the spiciest way to kill a niggas lands with jolrael.

? that would just be 5c grouphug
now thats janky. though I feel like I have too much red. I'll brew it

>killin' lands
I hate everything you stand for, guy.

Nah man - You gotta work the sliver theme to somehow group hug, not just use five-color grouphug cards.

I have no fucking clue how to do that. Anyone have any idea?
The only idea I have is donating hivestone.

>super secret tech

If people on edh General knew about it, it wasn't very secret was it

And if I was in possession of super secret tech, then it wouldn't be secret anymore if I just told you

>Irrelevant stats

Mid combat Ameboid Changeling activations. The Velis Vel cards.

if there's a card like conspiracy that applied for all creatures on the field instead of just yours I'd use that naming sliver and forbidden orchard to give them slivers

whats that? I cant hear you over the sound of my turn two stripmine+crucible of worlds

You're in monogreen so you're only option as far as I know for board wipes is ezuri's predation, which happens to line up nicely with the stats on the creature lands, unfortunately it's an 11 mana combo

>land destruction is unfunREEEEEEE

this meme needs to die

>play simic
>ramp up to 30 lands while the mono-white player sits on 5
>cast 3 extra turn spells, 2 cyclonic rifts, 5 counterspells and 1 omniscience on my turn and put down 30 more lands
>pass
>the white player plays armageddon
>get so upset that need to pace around the room for 3 minutes, fumingly, before passing priority

what the fuck? these people are so fukcing cancerous about edh

Pic related, or Disk

I hope you aren't being genuine right now.

Not sure if you are being ironic or just over the top with your satire.

Maybe? Dunno if it's super secret but meh.

Spinal Butts

Striking silent as a dream,

Cutting short the strangled scream

The lines of bluish life it cuts

With its vill'nous spinal butts.

Ok I figured out the janky deck(s) I'm gonna make
Grenzo flying men (which seems like what it would be built as)
Mono black jank: Kuon as commander with cards like word of command, season of the witch and so on

Which Grenzo, Rakdos or monoR?

mono R

Depends on your Deck. Is she your commander?

I play her in my Sisay.deck alongside that legendary spellshaper who can cast a Wrath of God and several other "kill all creatures" funspells.

Are you serious?
Oh wow

Wouldn't Deathmantle be better? To combo with that pig from og Ravnica.

I have seen this card used to great effect

Sounds like a you problem

In that you overextended extremely early and got fucking dunked on

Should green ramp be used with 3-color decks?

I always feel stupid when my starting hand is something like "plains, mountain, dual WR, rampant growth, X, Y, Z" and I have to consider if it's worth keeping, while an identical hand with a mana rock instead of rampant growth would be guaranteed ramp/colorfix.
Maybe I'm just complaining about the symptoms when the problem is that I don't have enough dual lands?

1v1 it's fine, but when a player uses his Thursday, December 08, 2016 deck to literally fuck over a single player in a big group game, it's literally impossible to recover.

Izzet Lifegain

>his Thursday, December 08, 2016

What the fuck? Suppose to be LD.

It depends heavily on what 3 colors you run and in what deck. Hoewever, as a general rule for 3 color decks including G you should aim for G being your base color in lands and your ramp giving you access to the other colors.

Cards like Elves of Deep Shadow or Avacyn's Pilgrim are such candidates. In short it is easier to maintain a G manabase and access the other colors from there on, than the other way round. The WR dual in your case should be a Gx fetchland and the plains and mountain could very well be forests.
I think it is kinda self explanatory, that your imagined hand would have worked with all forests and only one mountain and one plains in your deck.

But take this with caution. As I said it depens on your deck. When I run Leovold for example I don't want to play any dorks or spells at all because I get way more synergies out of a rock package since I am already running Transmute Artifact, Reshape etc..

Oh man, I know it's bait, but it's just too tasty. You sound like the type of person I love playing against. Nothing beats countering a smug blue player's spells with my RG deck.

i tried my absolute hardest to make my post seem facetious but it was not enough

next time i'll make sure to use the reddit sarcasm tag when i post a meme

Depends on what non-land sources you play. I use selective combined land/creature destruction in a reactive way, if a player is fucking everybody over.

Eg that player with a 8.5 tails Voltron with extraplanar lense where nobody really had a chance to get rid of that fucker thanks to pro:white shenanigans.
Fucking his lands AND fucking all creatures afterwards was the only thing to do. Probably should have cast Karn before and animated all his fucking artifacts.

Same can be said about every other strategy out there. I could bring an infect deck to the table to fuck up one player only to lose right after him. So your point is what exactly?
People can focus on one player in a multiplayer situation and ruin the game for that one person? Yeah, that is the game and nothing related to LD.

>literally impossible to recover
And this is bullcrap. If you overextend, yes, you will have a hard time to recover. But that is, again, not the fault of LD but your own.
If your whole plan is to ramp into fatties and you end up having an empty hand and an empty board after someone dared to have an answer to your strategy, this is, again, no point against LD.

If your plan is to have a shitload of lands you better expect someone to deal with it. There are plenty of cards that hose LD, just like LD hoses mindless ramping. And this is the very point why the whole "LD is unfun" has to die. It is actually "My naive idea of how to play this game does not work and now I am mad".

tl:dr; play Titania, learn not to overextend or just grow up

my favorite deck is actually xenagos. i don't own any blue decks and i'm not sure i ever will

even captcha knows what i like

>go to LGS for the first time in a year
>2 girls behind the counter
>one of them has 2 prosthetic legs
>the other one has pengin hands
>couldnt stop staring
>they probably noticed

what do i do? i feel so bad, i can never go back again

How do you protect yourself in a UR spellslinger deck, like Melek?

Honestly, they're probably used to it. Don't be autistic about it and you'll be fine. Play your cards right and you might even get to take those legs off.

>2 bears

if someone wants to swing at me i threaten to blow all their shit up

>play your cards right

"Hi, can I go out on a limb and ask you for your hand for a date?"

>you might even get to take those legs off.
Where the fuck are my sides?

>not running control in your EDH deck

Was losing your plan from the beginning, user?

we banned control in my play group because it stopped me from having fun

>Control
>Stopping the fun

Accurate

ya we basically only play gruul and boros in my play group because swinging with huge 7cmc guys is the only correct type of fun. its considered by etiquette to do damage before turn 10 too

I run aggro since the rest of my playgroup decks are tuned for fighting other control decks.

Making it so they can't cast spells on my turn keeps them locked on each other since they're bad

Control decks are fine as long as they aren't blue.

Mono Red is the best kind of control.

Wrong, mono black is the funnest control color

Build Nekusar and use Nin as one of the 99.

>Still Called Grizzly BearS

Other bear not pictured.

You bolt Nin with her ability, then you get to draw a card. Then deathrender's ability goes on the stack and you can play Emrakul, the Promised End for 6UR over two turns instead of 13.

This. We actually put it to a vote a while back. As a whole, Veeky Forums plays Black the most out of any color, followed by Blue, then Green, Red, and White. Of course, this is taking into account Every MTG General, so it's more likely that /edh/ is more Black Green Red than it is blue.

Aetherize effects

Name one other instance of a single card being multiple creatures working together as one.

tibor and lumia
pia and kiran
meletis fags

Aetherize, Aetherspouts, Cyclonic Rift, Evacuation, Illusionist's Gambit, some spot removal (I like Pongify, Reality Shift and Wipe Away)

Llanowar Elves
Flying Men
Scute Mob
Plague Rats

Any one have some spicy Thursday, December 08, 2016 tech they can share with me for my Zurgo deck?

Love this commander. A lot more difficult to build around.

Impact Resonance for fun.
Dominus of Fealty to grab their creatures, kill them, and draw cards.
Vicious Shadows is hilarious.
Whirlpool Warrior is a fun wheel effect, especially if you can close a game out with something like Molten Psyche.

Kynaios and Tiro
Tibor and Lumia
Gisa and Geralf
Pia and Kiran
Scute Mob
Severed Legion
Endless Ranks of the Dead

Land Leeches
Fyndhorn Elves
Ajani's Chosen
Akroan Phalanx
Drove of Elves

Incorrigible Youths
Unruly Mob
Assembled Alphas
Brazen Wolves
Gatstaf Arsonists
Hanweir Garrison
Impetus Devils
Insatiable Gorgers

How much more can I improve this? I want it as fine tuned as possible

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/maziwreck-the-directors-cut/

>noncreature

>return an ARTIFACT

sigaurdas blessing, you can flash on that worldbreaker and have many laughs

Just from a quick look I'd say get yourself a Polluted Delta and cut a Swamp for it. Kahns fetches will neither rise nor fall anymore and are all quite affordable right now.

Same goes for DRS. A body that hits the board early, fixing, ramp - no reason not to include it. I'd cut Reassembling for it. I see the interaction, but this is way too clunky and costly.

From the rolling challenge some threads ago, how does this look? I'm not sure on wincons beside combat damage but that will take forever it seems.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/thrasios-and-tymna-flying-men-and-rattlesnakes/

why the fuck is the gorilla in german and why the fuck is that one card unreadable

how do you fuck up this bad

none of that even remotely works

>Upheaval and Balance are both banned
>Armageddon, Jokulhaups, Epicenter and Razia's Purification are all legal

I fail to see the logic here.