/cyoag/ CYOA General

Old Thread: Resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

63afd638575e0a2fbdda19bd44f65d165d6ed49c.googledrive.com/host/0B3kTDrvhIDLzay1iUmV1UmVKcmM/index.html
techtimes.com/articles/80909/20150902/google-drive-can-host-websites-for-free-but-you-only-have-one-year-left-to-use-the-service.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Gumiho
I understand completely.

>Seductress perk
>also a category

Well, since it's a slow day, I shall offer the first build!
Meet Boy-Kagome:

Race: Gumiho

Brawn: 5
Alacrity: 5
Personality: 5
Sagacity: 10

Background: Noble (and real sheltered.)

Skills:
Linguistics
Eavesdropping
Alchemy

Gambling (He played the guards all the time.)

Class: Miko (One of the only males to be.)
Abilities:
Kindred Soul
Hands of Healing
Suppression
Purification

Armor: Padded Armor (Can't be too safe!)

Weapons:
Magical Catalyst (A white wood staff.)
Magical Focus (Individually carved charms for various spirits.)
Endless Pouch (Of willow arrows.)

Magical Items:
Ring of Familiarity (Gift from parents.)
Gem of Listening (Gift from guards.)
Apothecary's Satchel (Enchanted by himself.)
Book of Knowledge (From the family library.)
Bag of Holding (From the family pantry. Has flour stains.)

Boon:
Jade Weapon (Spirit purifying bow.)
Drawback:
Kunoichi Assassin (Named Sango, of course. I will win her over!)

Companions:
Monoka Tadashi (I looked gullible.)
Bingbing Yu (I looked protectable.)
Hotaru Tatsumi (I looked hungry.)

First Quest:
The Cursed Onsen (They begged.)

After retrieving his jade bow from the middle of a deeply still lake (that a ninja clan considered their territory), he sets off to prove his knowledge of the spirit world in practice!
By helping others and being cute, of course. Is actually named Kagome, meaning 'Birdcage'. (I hope I did everything right.)

>Stats
Brawn: 8
Alacrity: 5
Sagacity: 7
>Race
Human
>Backstory
Tribesman
>Skills
Survial
Trapping
Alchemy
>Misc Skills
Painting
>Class
Gunner
>Gunner Skills
Ripper Gun
Anti-Material Gun
Double Tap
Jacketed Bullets
>Arms & Armour
>Armour
Brigandine
>Weapons
BP Musket
BP Pistol
Endless Pouch
>Magical Items
Apothecary's Satchel
Bag of Holding
Book of Knowledge
Cloak of Warmth
Deep Well Canteen
>Companions
Mizuna Namiwara
Oboro Daikanabo
Gennousuke Daikanabo
>Quests
Paekku Pilgrimage
The Cursed Onsen
The Emperor's New Court
Monstergirl Island
Journey To The West

What is your opinion on waifu CYOA's thst specify her fetish? I think they give character personally, make us know her more intimately.
If you think it's okay, what about giving her non-safe fetishes, like water sports or pegging? As in, fetishes that are "shit tier" for many people instead of being neutral, like a "giving blowjobs" fetish is.

F

I guarantee it'll start a shitstorm, even if it's a "neutral" fetish.

talking about "shit tier" fetishes without mentioning a scat fetish. You disappoint me.

And yea, it'll start a shitstorm, bad plan. (do it anyway.)

I like hearing about a girl's fetishes, so it's fine by me. As for "people hate this fetish" I don't hate fetishes the way some people do (they may disgust me or fail to arouse me but that's different than the level of hate you often see) so it's like any other option you can give in a CYOA: some will love it some will hate it some won't care, and if you want to be more inclusive you can list it but give people who don't care for it a "way out" such as "Sandra loves taking balls into her mouth but won't demand to do it every time / will understand if it's not your thing". Like any CYOA option you can make it more user friendly or extremely unforgiving as you please.

Inferior. It means not only do I have to pick a girl based on personality, I also have to worry about bad fetishes. This can easily lead to dissatisfaction, when the girl I like most wants to be vomited on, or just piss me off, because the only girls with fetishes I can tolerate are cunts.

Those fetishes are terrible. Piss is gross and if you like pegging you need to own up to yourself and date a man already.

Doesn't work. If you can't satisfy her fetishes, then she's not going to be sexually satisfied in your relationship. It's not viable. It doesn't matter if they force it or not.

no husbando material.. could you make a handsome hero type, or a sexy rebel, or something? please?

is Kagome gay?

Is there a non-ded Interactive Realm Builder somewhere?

F

No, you have to download the source yourself.

>Race and Attributes
Human
6 Brawn
8 Alacrity
6 Personality
5 Sagacity

>Background and Skills
Thugs
Eavesdropping
Athletics
Cooking
Music

>Class and Abilities
Shinobi
Slow Time
Silent Killer
Assassinate
Wisp Form

>Armor/Weapons
Leather Lamellar Armor
Bow (Primary Weapon)
Katana (Secondary Weapon)
Endless Pouch

>Magical Items
Quickboots
Gem of Listening
Hook and Rope
Instrument
Nice Wok

>Boons/Drawbacks
Jade Weapon (Katana)
Kunoichi Assassin

>Companions
Jotaro Shimabukuro
Monaka Tadashi
Mizuna Namiwara

>Quests
Paekku Pilgrimage -> Wokou Wipe Out -> The Cursed Onsen -> The Captured Phoenix -> The Emperor's New Court

Basically the idea is to run around for a number of years helping out the people of the land, both for stability and reward, before aiding aiding the emperor to 'retire' and set up my own Shinobi Village, hopefully convincing the stalking Kunoichi Assassin to end the vendetta and join me by either making amends for whatever it was I did to wrong her, or through a more diplomatic maneuver of bringing her clan into it all.

Where can I get it?

63afd638575e0a2fbdda19bd44f65d165d6ed49c.googledrive.com/host/0B3kTDrvhIDLzay1iUmV1UmVKcmM/index.html

?

>Stats
Brawn: 8
Alacrity: 7
Sagacity: 5

>Race
Yecha

>Backstory
Merchant

>Skills
Navigation
Linguist
Cooking
Painting

>Class
Monk

>Skills
Jianquan
Beixingquan
Daposhou
Tieshan

>Armor
Ainu Mantle

>Weapons
Shield (heavy)
Polearm (spear)
Melee Weapon (curved sword)

>Magic Items
Cartographer’s Case
Ring of Familiarity
Nice Wok
Book of Knowledge
Bag of Holding

>Boons & Drawbacks
None

>Companions
Mi-Seon Hwang
Ji-Hyon Tae
Ilhyun Choi

>Quests
Wokou Wipe Out
Crown of the Yellow Emperor
The Captured Phoenix
Journey to the West

They wanted me to smash up some pirates for money. I said yes. They wanted me to smash up some toy soldiers for money. I said yes, and brought along some of the fighters from the last expedition too. Who would have known that these unsavory characters would end up following me around and calling me “leader?”

404 for me. Thought it's on my end but then stumbled upon techtimes.com/articles/80909/20150902/google-drive-can-host-websites-for-free-but-you-only-have-one-year-left-to-use-the-service.htm
Is it on my end after all?

404 on my end too

B

what options (class/abilities) effect longevity? Are any of the races inherently unaging or capable of reincarnation with the retention of their identity?

>effect

shit, *affect
it's early, gimme a few

A

Don't tell me her fetishes, just tell me how kinky she is. Is she vanilla, does she like to try new things, does she want to go to kinky parties and sex dungeons? I'll work it out from there.

I'm sorry you're so vanilla.

8 point options but no 7 point options WHY?

Did Magic TG Order's second page ever get finished?

Does anyone have an idea when we'll get ?

yecha
5 brawn
8 alacrity
6 personality
6 sagacity
peasant
-smithing
-animal keeper
-first aid
-gambling

monk
-tieshan
-liushou
-shanshou
-beixingquan

shaolin robes
throwing weapon
2 fist weapons

repair hammer
bandage satchel
cloak of warmth
book of knowledge
bag of holding

tongshi
dark attraction

Monoka Tadashi
Ji-Hyon Tae
Hotarubi Tatsumaki

Paekku Pilgrimage
Wokou Wipe Out
The Oni Daimyo's wife
Journey to the west

do some adventuring, acquire oni waifu, leave to seek new lands.

My psychologist told me that I should try shaking things up to avoid developing a Pavlovian response between my nightmares and my anxiety induced insomnia. So I decided to add waifus. All of these are recurring nightmares I've been having for the past few years.

I've never touched any image editing software more complicated than paint in my life before so its really quite simple, and even then its not very good. English isn't my first language either, so there might be sentences that feel grating to read.

Well I think that's enough excuses, in any case I hope you'll enjoy this /cyoag/. I love creepy waifus so goddamn much I can't help myself. I hope you'll enjoy this as much as I enjoyed making it.

Race and attributes: Human
Brawn: 7
Alacrity: 7
Sagacity: 6
Background: peasant
Skills: Smithing, cooking, superstition and music

Class: monk
Skills: Tieshan, Jianquan, Beixingquan and daposhou

Armor: shaolin robes

Weapons
Thrown weapon( chakrams)
Melee weapon (dao)
Fist weapon ( caestus/ fist wraps)

Magic items: Bag of holding, book of knowledge, repair hammer and soul attractor

Companions: Monoka Tadashi, Ilhyun choi and Yufi kong

Quests: crown of the yellow emperor, the curse onsen, Wokuo wipe out and monster girl island

the waifus.

Male Tengu Thug

BRN: 5
ALA: 9
PER: 6
SAG: 5

>Skills
Athletics
Eavesdropping
Alchemy
GAMBLING

>Class
Monk
Alacrity monk build, essentially when I hit someone they're weaker, and I can attack very rapidly. Activating my Liushou is a guaranteed win by the sheer speed of my debilitating attacks.
Shanshou- Lightning fist
Jianquan- Heals yo
Daposhou- Crippling strikes
Liushou- Asura.

>Equipment
Mage robes
Shuriken
Metal shield
Iron knuckles

>Magic Items
Quick boots (I assume they're wraps for my talons)
Hook and rope
Deep well canteen
Unending lantern
Cloak of warmth

>Boons
Jade Throwing axes
>Drawbacks
Kunoichi assassin

>Companions
Yifu Kong
Gennousuke and Orboro

>Quests
Cursed Onsen- Completing to gain the Trust of Yifu
Ninja vs Samurai- Joining the side of the Yamamoto, having a stronghold of noble warriors is better than an island full of spies that can cause all kinds of issues, also pays our troop well.
Paekku Pilgrimage- with Yifu's trust, I should be able to convince him to help the noble. and we get a horse to boot.
Wokou wipe out- Misc adventure and gear
Oni Kaimyo's wife- Gaining the respect of my Oni companions, testing our party, and gaining a wife (If Orboro falls for me instead, I'd take her and give the Oni wife to Gennousuke) I assume that adds a third Oni to the party.
Captain Jeong's Expedition- Gained the Joseon Sailors as a contact from the Wokou mission, deny ruling the primitive peoples and instead establish trade.
Monstergirl island- Adventure! and getting Yifu a waifu. Giving us a fifth party member
Journey to the west- We've made a name for ourselves, have quite the crew, and now we set off for distant lands.

Comfy times fighting bandits alongside Oni and a crazy man who dabbles in spirits.

Picking fist weapon gives you 2, or 4 if you're Yecha, right? What about the jade weapon?

2creepy4me desu
the landlord is cute tho

What does "immortal" here mean? Never being able to die from old age?

>Appearance
Normal Hair Color (Black)
Normal Skin Color (Same As Now)
Obscure Eye Color -2 (Shifting Rainbow)
Ultra Sensitive +5 (Pollen)

>Talents
Super Science -5
Psionics -5
Lucky -9 (Deus Ex Mecha)

>Enchantments
Retain Memories -15

>Friends
Heroine -5

>Kindergarten
Fun Kindergarten -3

>Teacher
Relaxed Teacher

I’m going to change the world with my “childhood friend” next to me as my sword and shield.

But before this someone needs to keep the children in control, to direct them so that none cause trouble for our teacher.

What kinda instrument can you pick? Does it have to fit with the lore or something?

very well done! im assuming the nightmare you pick decides your waifu automatically?

Oh hey, another one of my favori--
>Notices file name
Goddammit; it's almost uncanny how many times I've found CYOAs I really really like and only later noticed that they were all made by the same author.

You could also pay more attention to the corners of the CYOAs, in case there's a "b" tucked away in there.

Piggybacking off this, someone talked about creepy waifus?

No. The person working on it is in college and has said they'll be able to work on it more when the semester is over or something.

No, nothing else has been said about this, but this was only two days ago. Cool your jets, not everyone does WIPs and not everyone starts projects immediately. It'll either be done or it won't.

>oni

The Apartment seems best. Since there's no real danger, it gives time to relax, explore a bit, and break the tension by cracking a joke or two.

! Yes!
This is insanely well done for a first attempt! Easily taking first place for "best first cyoa"!
But pls remove bug picture.
>its really quite simple, and even then its not very good
Hocus pocus, it's great. The second page is somewhat boring to look at, but the intro picture is great.

I am not eating enough but thank you for asking! Eating sucks.
So like, when I go to bed, every night for a year, I have this nightmare? But my waifu is real, right?
So, how do I beat the nightmare? I guess you can't answer that...
I do like the idea of the CYOA. It has an Adventure, even if it isn't a fun one.

>Labyrinthine Apartment
It's a boring dream, but I won't wake up bathed in sweat.
The Night Children is a possibility, because unlike the Ocean, I can end the nightmare actively. I can confront the fears, accept my doom.
Trusting a waifu made from the same stuff the nightmares are made from, is probably a bad idea. I think it's in bad taste to use the image for the Devourer from the Alien CYOA, but whatever.
And if user is right, that the nightmare decides your waifu, please write the name of the nightmare under the waifu! I am very stupid.
I like Leviathan Spawn...
Can I choose to not get the Obscure Landlord? I guess I can't, when I "win" by entertaining her. Grabbing my hand when she thinks I'm not paying attention, is cute.

I think I'll go with the apartment. I'd probably prefer cuddly insectoid waifu, landlady is by no means bad, just distant. It would be hard to convince myself that she cares about me & I have more important things to deal with than that (namely figuring out why she's so afraid of reality). Bugs are just too hard to deal with. There's nothing in my house to repel bugs. Some porch lamps, cans of bug spray, brooms... The house is pretty big so it would just be too hard. I don't mind being patient with the landlady, though. I'll spend as much time with her as she wants.
I was also considering Living Complex before I learned that "overcome" did not mean to stop being spooked. Because assimilating would have been the best solution in that case.

I bet you took it just because of the waifu

Well, living complex and infested memory are just right out, and deep waters is too spooky. I like night stalker more than landlord, so I guess I'm going with that one.

Well, she can't come back with me, so it's a bit of a moot point.

Horror of horrors, I actually made a (nominally) male Lavender build

>Genitalia
Penis
-Flare (1)
-Spines (1)
-Prehensile (3)
-Pillar x3 (9)
Penis (3)
-Knot (1)
-Prehensile (3)
-Lumen (3)
-Pillar x2 (6)
Penis (3)
-Spines (1)
-Prehensile (3)
-Pillar x2 (6)
Penis (3)
-Flare (1)
-Prehensile (3)
-Pillar x2 (3)

>Shape
Modest
>Chest
Soft
>Influences
Xenobiological (3)
>Face
Primal
>Flourishes
Ejaculation (3)
-Addictive (3)
Carnal Atmosphere (+3)

>Progeneration
Cultivation
-Rapid Maturation (3)
>Specialty
Multitudinous
-Monarch (3)

>Dowry
Abyssal Ink (3)
Regal Array (1)

>Urges
Widow's Hunger (3)
-Predatory
-Thrall Maker (3)
Throne's Shadow (+3)
Cerebral Recurve
-Mental Morass (+1)
Nightmare Cycle (+6)

>Stigmata
Stigma of the Crimson Kiss (+3)

Pedigree: 2
Allure: 10

His hair, arms, and lower legs have been replaced by writhing masses of slick rubbery tentacles which he uses to crawl around in the dark to surprise, restrain, and ravage his chosen victim. Unlike most of his fellow brides he has relatively little interest in pursuing particularly interesting or rare breeding stock, instead slaking his desires on any random mortal foolish enough to step into a darkened alley. Though a part of the Crimson Kiss he has made no real moves against the other members and nothing in his inventory of brain-raped husks is of the remotes interest to most other brides. He is more focused on immediate carnal pleasure and has little interest in long-term planning but he has made a few forays with other brides depraved or intrigued enough to seek out his singular pleasures. He yearns to tear out their mind and soul and replace it with one of his creation, and all his dalliances know that to be a risk of mating with him, but for now he bides his time and lets them grow slowly more addicted to his seed, toying with his meals before consuming them.

>obscure landlord
>when she feels that you have sufficiently entertained her

I know what I'm doing.

If she doesn't want to.

Additional information :
Damocles Eye :
-The Eye is gigantic. When you look up at it you can only see small bits of the sky at the corner of your vision.
-Your new luck will never protect you from it.
Harmeless Possession :
-Think of it like a different timeline, whatever you do while possessing the host will be completely erased at the end of the day. The host will act as if you never used your power.
299 Candles :
-You can put out and light the candle whenever you want.
-You're the only one affected by the Candles.
Dark Path :
-Time doesn't pass for you as well while you're in the dimension, making you effectively immortal.

>another one of my favori-
Glad it you like it. It's pretty old & below par graphically now.
>all made by the same author
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy my CYOAs.

Guess I pick
>299 Candles
I don't want to be old and weak.
I'd pick Harmless Possession if I could permanently take over their body.

That wouldn't exactly be harmless.

Harmless Possession.
Extreme sports, fucking actresses and models, travelling all over the world, all without cost and without risk. No downside. Nice.

The apartment, both for the low danger and the cute waifu.
>"There are fun things I like to do back home that I can't do here. I bet they'd be much more fun if you were there with me."
>"What is it that you do when I'm not around? Wouldn't you rather spend that time with me?"

I was wrestling with myself whether it should be a free for all or whether it should be fixed. In the end I think fixed works best since I think otherwise everyone would choose the lovely moth waifu.

Hence why I won't pick it. I'll just end up with brain pain. I guess it could be fun, even if I'm going to break my own heart when I wake up and realize >tfw fantasy isn't real, and >tfw someone's normal life is my fantasy
Sure. Changing 299 Candles to Harmless Possession. Do I have to personally know who I possess? Can I say "I possess the girl I possessed yesterday"?
It does have the nasty drawback of forcing me to be awake at midnight so I can live an entire day in that person's life.

Julia is a cute name that I've always liked, so I might as well use that one.

Needle Pulling Thread & Crafwork Planning
Spark of Genius & Scientific Rigor
Happy Touch & Peace of Mind

I should note that I picked what I thought would make her most happy without being a bad influence/temptation (like Seiren's Call), so it may be a bit redundant with parts of my second build. Wasn't going for optimization. Happy Touch will make her a happier person innately, Needle Pulling Thread gives her a natural talent and hobby without negative influence or danger, and I think some of the greatest joy is in creation, and Spark of Genius will probably have neat interactions with Needle and I don't think being a little precociousness and micheviousness is a problem as long as it's in good fun. Outside of my choices, most of what I skipped were things that made her hardier because the main point of them is to mitigate my failings and I'm hoping to be the best I can be and not need it, stuff that has a negative influence like I said before, choices that are simply neat powers for the reason that quality of life and happiness come before anything else (even if wings are neat), and magic because while I may not be afraid of risking myself in its study, it's dangerous and maddening and I don't want her to go down that path.

Main exceptions to this are A Green Thumb, which was the runner up for Spark of Genius and skipped merely because I only have three choices, and my sole flash of selfishness, Blessing of Freia. Good looks will ultimately make you happier than genius, yes, but Slim and Trim would end up making me look like Zarya from Overwatch and I don't want that.

Going to take the DLC, of course.

+5

Damnit, it dropped my image.

Basic Beauty Package (1)
Grace and Poise (1)
Hot Blood (1)
Empowered Eyes (2)
Within Your Grasp (1)
Monster's Energy (3)
Thought Processing (4)
Refined Digestion (3)
Divine The Secrets (6)
The Fountain of Youth (5)
Rebindable Flesh (4)
Silvered Tongue (2)
Truly Perfect Hair (1)

+2

Parasitic Organs (+2)
Eternal Hunger (+2)
Chill Flesh (+2)
Sensory Swap (+3)
Weeping God's Toxin (+3)
Gasping For Breath (+2)
Delve Too Deep (+7)
Robbed of Pleasure (+3)
Discomfort in Comfort (+3)

Rather dark here. Pain, discomfort, unhappiness, numbness, these are things I can survive and tolerate. Weeping God's Toxin and Delve Too Deep will be most alike schizophrenia, and a calm mind will hopefully limit the negatives as much as is possible. Madness runs in my family anyway. Though I made sure not to pick anything that made me dangerous or incapable of defending, protecting, or watching someone, even if they were things I could tolerate, and I also avoided anything that'd make me too ugly or horrifying. Both for the child's sake.

Also, I am well aware of how Divine The Secrets and Delve Too Deep can combine. I'm not planning on going all the way, I was there when this was being discussed and becoming a god does not seem especially appealing. What I will do is hang on the precipice, exploring as much of reality and its truth as I can without falling in. After Julia is gone, of course. I don't want her dragged into my cosmic game of chicken.

>I think it's in bad taste to use the image for the Devourer from the Alien CYOA,

I promise I searched up and down for a monochrome picture of a body horror based waifu that would fit well in the 500x700 image square, but after going through gelbooru, then danbooru, then deviantart and then a few more websites I gave up and settled for the devourer. I understand your feeling, but I really couldn't do much else with my limited understanding of gimp. Maybe after I find a suitable replacement and learn how to turn something black and white I'll give it a try again.

I'm glad you liked it.

I bet you're drowning in pussy 24/7

None of these are worth it

If you're already severely depressed you can get like 10 points without really making it worse for yourself, and you get 2 free anyway so you can make yourself pretty at no cost at all.

Reminder that you get 5 free tokens (in additon to the 2 from the Fleshweaver) if you also take care of a little person:

>little person

How rude. It's a cute girl.

I wondered how long it would take before a tentacle monster build showed up. This one is pretty well-executed. I noticed that you've a lot invested in 'equipment'... was your build centered around such a concept?

The only person that mentioned having budgeting trouble was Angelanon... The way I price this thing is to make my build and then allocate that number of credits to everybody else, plus a little more, but I worry that I overdid on the "little more" in this release...

I still see no drawback for 299 Candles.

13 sets of 23 candles would cost 16 days of life, and would be absurdly effective given the existing scaling - one candle for the energy, one for tine management, and 21 separate skills to master for one working day.

Heck, even two candles at a time (plus the single one at the end) is only half a year, and 10 hours of learning useful skills or investing in stocks could permanently improve my quality of life.

It's okay, I liked her from the CYOA. She can't beat ???, but that would be impossible.
I like mystery boxes that aren't bad.

And water is wet. Or are you saying that cute girls can't be little, or that they're not people?

>cute girls can't be little
Maybe user's a macrophile?

I do know about that, but often I only check when I already have a feeling that it's one of Beri's works and therefore only notice later.

This is really cool, though i have a few questions
>do i breath underwater in the 2nd nightmare?
>can i speak there?

Is the purchase maximum for Plush/Pillar per genitalia, or total?