Pathfinder

Why does Pathfinder, of all systems, attract so many weirdos, autists, weeaboos, fetishists, furries, degenerates, and ERPers?

What makes it even more of a magnet for creeps than World of Darkness?

Kitsune and Catfolk, followed by the Path of War rules that really cemented the weeaboo fans into /pfg/. Everything following that is just self-fulfilling prophesy.

It's popular.

>Kitsune are common race, among other things
>Canonical Steampunk setting
>so many expansions and rules that at this point it might as well be D&D: the GURPSening
>character creation entails the same sort of discussion that crafting a magic deck does.
>Characters are stupidly broken.

Why do you think?

That being said, I'm really hoping that Starfinder is "Paizo's answer to 5e," and they cut out all the cheese from PF in making it.

You do know that Starfinder is gonna be built to be compatible with Pathfinder, just so you can play your furry weeaboo kitsune in space, right?

it's DnD v3.5 2.0. it's a well-known fact that anyone who plays DnD is a weirdo.

it allows a ton of customization in terms of class options with a library of rules to pore over and combine together, which attracts autistic munchkins

much of this customization allows characters that are similar to anime characters, which attracts weebs

the number of character options and homebrew races attracts fetishists and furries

and there exists FATAL-tier rules for degenerates and ERPers

by their powers combined it really is the ultimate ruleset

>weeaboo kitsune in space

Is this a bad thing?

this

Normalfags are bad at roleplaying except for a few cases, prodigies if you would. Everyone else is a gamble, whether a degenerate or weirdo as you listed or some ego-fag who is practically a normalfag parading their dick or tits within the non-normalfag world to feed their own hubris "winning" or "taking over" the field.

It's not that weirdos and degenerates are attracted TO Pathfinder, it's just that all the mentally sound and well adjusted eventually quit playing Pathfinder and only the weirdos and degenerates are left.

What everyone said plus you can find all the rules and stuff for free, that helps.

Makes sense, similar to what happened to the Sonic the Hedgehog fandom

Pathfinder demands/rewards obsessive behaviors.
So of course you get all kinds of weirdoes.

This.
Hundred times this.
When 5th edition came all the talented and normal players suddenly stop showing up in Pathfinder games on Roll20.
Now you only get is fucking divas, rules lawyers, mental handicapped and paraphiliac frustrated deviants.
I almost feel like the main protagonist of The Night Land when he leaves the Last Redoubt each time I open a new Pathfinder game in Roll20.

I would allow any kind of fucking fetish on my table, aslong as you fucking own it.

And be open to jokes. I'm a massive pervert myself, and I just want to run this super sexy game of sexual innuendo without feeling guilty about it.

>similar to what happened to the Sonic the Hedgehog fandom
I used to collect the Sonic comics as a kid, long before I ever had access to the internet. Then when we got a computer with internet access in my house, well, imagine my excitement when I discovered whole websites of fellow Sonic fans!

I still can't look at my collection of Sonic comics without getting a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I miss being able to like things without being reminded of deplorable fan communities or being associated with them. "Fandoms" are the worst thing to ever happen to the internet.

Not by itself, but it's a really big red flag

/thread

Yep, that's why I regret entering a JoJo thread on /a/

Why not advertise in /pfg/?

I play 4.e, I enjoy these threads though

"Magical Child" archetype for Vigilante. Ultimate Intrigue pg. 57.

The best part about it is that it sucks for playing magical girls.

It's better to use for Digimon Tamers.

Run the same lewd game for 4e and let us play fox hengeyokai!

Fucking done.

Show us the Roll20 or the Discord~

>shit system
>attracts shit people
Strange, isn't it?

Because you see it on the store shelves, you hear from random people talking about games mentioning Pathfinder. There are card games, board games etc. It catches your eyes easily. If you happen to be antisocial reculse with a chance to get into some escapism then it is the easiest gateway into it. Some people grow out from it, some just love it because it was their first and some just try everything. Some like the crunch some like the art. Some loves to collect books. But in the end the furthermost reason is as follows: It is widely available and it is marketed in a way that it should be suitable to everybody. It is the most well know, easiest to see, easy to come by and to aquire.

If you fish with a hook and bait, you'll get some fish but if you fish with trailing net, you'll prolly get tons and tons of fish and few cars, dolphins and drowned people with it too.

In real world: No.
On internet: No
On image boards: Yes. We have to get the drama from somewhere

>I almost feel like the main protagonist of The Night Land when he leaves the Last Redoubt each time I open a new Pathfinder game in Roll20.

I personally have avoided all fandoms as far as I can. Be it art communities or fandoms for specific things. I can enjoy the general athmosphere on the surface (I really like Dishonored 2 for example) that fandsoms generate but I do not dive into fandoms or their speculations. But now a bit more of an example: Furries, Bronies, 40k fans... Well. There they are. I don't get mixed into that. I let them be but I can enjoy and understand the general thrill they get whatever they do. I just don't get myself involved more than that. It has been better that way. I've read some 40k, Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance and tons and tons of more and I've enjoyed them in their own way. With some of them the age you read them in affects it a lot. Dragonlance for example isn't as enjoyable as an adult as it was when I was 10. But I still enjoyed it back then. I let fandoms be. I defend them in a sense that it is nice to be fan of things but I don't defend them when they start hitting the "fan" with shit.

Still at work, will make something when I'm back home.

MapTool 1.4.1.7 + Hamachi, please.

Roll20 is bad.

Count me in!

I would be interested in participating in this D&D 4e game provided that it does *not* take place over Roll20, a platform that I must minimize my usage of by necessity.

The recently-released MapTool 1.4.1.7 in conjunction with either port forwarding or Hamachi should serve well as a Roll20 substitute.

Have you a setting in mind?

Because it's popular.

Got any further questions, genius?

Why can you not use roll20?
Genuinely curious.

He's probably been a giant sperg an pissed somebody off.

If you want to let 2hu in your game, be prepared for heavy optimising.

Touhou has a craptastic Aussie ISP.

Limited monthly bandwidth and inexplicable data leaks on certain websites. Roll20 is one of them.

I must carefully manage my Roll20 usage.

>If you want to let 2hu in your game, be prepared for heavy optimising.

Admittedly, 4e's optimization ceiling only gets truly out-of-hand by level 16+ or so.

I personally prefer to optimize for skills in 4e, be it a "use Arcana for everything" wizard or a "use Bluff for everything" Spy.

Just use Tabletop Simulator

Hey, I have never played 4E but I have access to the books and always wanted to. Would someone completely new to the system (but not to RPGs) be ok?

Even worse.

I'm pretty interested in this, if it's 4e.
That's hard to find a game for, and I'm down with lewd garbo.

Yes, but remember to use funin.space

An online compendium for a game as big as 4e isn't necessary, but it helps a hell of a lot

>it's an "anonymous makes random spurious claims about a nonexistent phenomena" thread.

Because you perceive it as such and you assume that everybody who plays Pathfinder are only the people who frequent /pfg/ and the people who are the primary antagonist of the horror stories you read from that guy threads. That and you generalize that existence of set pieces and character options as being the reason also.

In GURPS you can play a cyborg gorilla? You fucking memer, get out with the Harambe shit.

In DnD 5e you can play a draognborn? Get back to /v/ you Skyrim fucker.

In CoC you can play as a black person in the 1920's? Unrealistic SJW bullshit, out of here you faggot.

In anything ever you can be something other than a human male or derivation thereof? You furry/SJW/faggot/memeshit/cuck and the list goes on.

See, you can pull this stuff for everything and you will get a group to rally behind you, especially on this board.

>4.E
>Worst degeneracy of them all

You sick monster

Invite 2hu and see how well he does.

I guess. That's a lot of material to go through.

For what purpose?

You don't have to go through all of it right away, just use it to search for stuff while preparing or during the game

It makes things like building encounters a hell of a lot easier

Also pic related, very useful for encounter-building

Even if I get to play it, it won't as GM. I am not very good at that.

Oh, sorry, I was running under the assumption that you wanted to run a game of 4e.

If you're playing it, you shouldn't have many problems as long as you read the books. They mostly give good advice with a few exceptions. (Do not make a character that uses strength and constitution, dexterity and intelligence, or wisdom and charisma until you understand the system enough to weigh it's advantages against it's massive weaknesses)

shockingly /pfg/ is full of some decent players

but that archetype is garbage

Isn't pathfinder just D&D with weabooish art?

No, I was mostly referring to and . None of my friends want to play 4E and finding it online is hard.

Thanks for advice anyway.