/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Rolled 8 (1d18)

Alpharius Daemon Prince of Kek edition
Gas the Primarchs sub-edition

Summary.exe failed to load due to time contraints. Too bad, because new images were posted and the memetic energy was H I G H.

Old thread >HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EKy4BdOVsZI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how much shit would I get if I showed up with my darkmech army with a brass scorpion as a LoW?

A better use of the power would be to draw the Inferno closer to us.

Reminder that Black Library leads to shitposting.

Alpharius can never die.

youtube.com/watch?v=EKy4BdOVsZI

So does Forge World so no one cares.

I'm currently assembling my Night lords for 40k, but I'm modelling them so I can also use them in 30k.

I need another set of terminators, and I currently have one set of 5 Cataphractii and one set of 5 Tartaros. Which pattern is more fitting for a Night Lords legion? I'm leaning towards Tartaros because they can sweep.

>Alpharius can never die.

Can anyone remember shit fests coming from black book lore? I cant

Alpharius condones combat Aug array saboteurs for auto-explode fun :^)

Just finished Thousand Sons. Breddy good imo, i know the black library stuff is....controversial on here but once i forced myself through the first few chapters (muh enumerations) i enjoyed it more than Prospero Burns.

Do we ever find out what happens to the chubby psychic and his fag-hag friends after they get off world? Their story kinda ends when the spess wolves show up but it doesn't mention them being blown up

Catapractii are both easier to maintain and more brutal. If you're night lords then the entire rest of your army can sweep advance and you'll want the termies to take as much punishment as they need to on behalf of your assault/terror/night raptor squads. Besides, if you deep strike them they can't charge that turn anyway. What good is a sweeping advance going to get you if the squad is dead before they get there anyway?

I'd go with cataphractii just because it looks more brutal, and so I think it fits night lords more. Also, if you're teleporting them in, it's slightly more survivable for the turn they have to stand around like lemons.

I think they talk to Dorn or something, also which edition, as the latest ones really bulk out the numbers

Random question but did you buy the book recently? Theres supposed to be changes in the 2014 edition that could be interesting but I cant be fucked buying a book I've already bought

That makes sense, and I do plan on teleporting them in because why the hell not, right? Better have the hefty save, though I will still have the 5 Tartaros to use regardless.

Seeing as you both agree that the Cataphractii also looks more fitting, which I agree too, then I guess I'll end up with 10 Cataphractii and 5 Tartaros. Thanks!

Also, since FW doesn't sell jump packs, which 3rd party packs look best for Night Talons? The MiniMax? Which armor do I use with it, MkIII or MkIV?

Holy shit, I was wondering the same thing.

fuck it, my group seems ok with it, and we're playing 30k vs 40k all the time, so its just going to get deleted by a WK anyways. I'm going for it anons, it'll be my birthday present to myself, along with some beepboops and conversion fodder for thralls. considering turning the talos pain engine into a domitar

Fuck anyone who says no

Play it fluffy, user, it's more fun.

Daemon Primarch Angron when?

What's the optimal amount of vorax in a unit?

as many as you can desu, they look very versatile on paper at least.

Would 3 vorax and a praevian make a good flanking unit?

don't know how much stock you can put in the rotors, but with the preavian boost, the lightning guns and S6 in melee ought to do decently against lighter vehicles and smaller squads.

Cheeky 2500 iron warrior list for a tournament.

Rite of War. Hammer of Olympia.

HQ

Praetor. Cataphracti Armour, chainfist , digital lasers . Warsmith 165

Elite

Cortus Contemptor, kheres , heavy flamer. 170

Cortus Contemptor, kheres , heavy flamer. 170

Troops

10 man tactical squad, extra CCW, sergeant with Artificer armour and power fist , rhino with dozer blade and multimelta 225

10 man tactical squad, extra CCW, sergeant with Artificer armour and power fist , rhino with dozer blade and multimelta 225

Heavy Support

10 Tyrant Siege Terminators , 1 chainfist . 550

Deredeo with aiolos missiles

2 vindicator squadron , dozer blades. 250

3 Predator Squadron , heavy bolter Sponsons, dozer blades. 300

Praetor goes with the cataphracti and provides ablative wounds and a nasty surprise if they get assaulted. They create a firebase with the deredeo and protect it.

Cortus are a distraction/ counter assault unit.

Rest of the tanks and rhinos advance together, squads take objectives and predators and vindicators provide fire support.

Thoughts ?

You can just use a regular Bloodthirster for his model desu.

Now daemon Fulgrim is where the party's at

>The machine advanced at Ra’s side, its shoulder cannons tracking independently of its primary attention, groaning with the ear-straining choooooom of Martian volkite beams and the heavier staccato crashing of Avenger bolt cannons.

CHOOM FOR THE CHOOM GOD!

I hate sleeping on the job.
Mortarion never learned biology did he? Why didn't he go with bright colors for the his legion?

Are you fucking kidding me?
decimation, Mechanicum frogs, "every legion has traitors", Scoria, Alpharius helmet, CHAIN AXES.

Plenty of shitposting comes from Forge World.

>Mechanicum frogs

what

Don't forget Autek Mor's moon.

Was tempted by the FW Bloodthirster, cuz I've obviously too much money.

Are they doing updated stats for the rest of the Primarchs as the Heresy goes on do you know ? Different stats for Horus, More psychic shit for Lorgar, -1 heads for Ferrus, etc...

Because Mortarion didn't want to give the opposition any warning.

Also because DG in general hated anything and everything fancy and still got stuck on the same team with the most fancy boys of the whole crusade somehow

>... That's a whole new angle on persons with painted hair I never thought of before ...

>Because Mortarion didn't want to give the opposition any warning.
But he did though. His scent.

Ferrus already has a detachable head.

They've confirmed there are going to be different stats by the end, don't know about models

Ah okay cool. I thought I'd seen that somewhere but I'm currently tainted by papa-nurgle's cursed man-flu so my brain has melted.

>emps was totally fine with this guy being the head of the Mechanicum

Dude he's like 67% tubes, how could he be anything other than the machine-man for the job?

Not much Emps could do about it without hurting the agreement.

Is this Wayne England's work?

Neil Roberts

I miss Wanye. He drew best Khârn and my favorite style of exhaust ports. Go ahead guess which one is best Khârn over the years.

I don't know how I feel about the armored skirt.

The head is absolutely atrocious though. I hope it's a separate piece.

Power Shovel confirmed !

Looking forward to my +2 to go to ground oh yeah.

Is that supposed to be a generic primus medicae or a special character? It looks horrible.

I like the head. That stubber is neat too.

Powerkilt is awful though.

Jesus, and we thought the last one was a THICCmarine.

What on this Gay Earth is that supposed to even bet?

>not liking armored skirts
What are you?

Is that a Kharn in black legion armor?

>Choom is canon.
Glorious.

I think a docmarine.

That guy looks THICC enough to be a Heavy Support choice

That's a Pre-Heresy Khârn(best Khârn). But 2E Khârn is also nice, but mainly for the choppa on his plasma gun.

The first images of the Thallax and Castellax were shitty angled. They looked like sad fucking frogs.

Is he some sort of DG Medicae or something? Could it be Necrosius? It kind of looks like a banegyn to me.
I thought it was a power shovel too!
And people said mortals wouldn't be able to deal with our meme :^)

so how does HHG regard the use of blue in an Iron Hands paintjob?

Blue Steel is a thing therefore it meets the Iron Council's mandate of being sufficiently METAL.

A little too teal. I imagine a darker Ultramarines blue with the black oily metal armor would look awesome

As long as you get those hazard stripes in there somewhere you're kosher. Otherwise, you're just playing IF.

>Ultramarines
WEAKNESS DETECTED!
DEPLOYING VOLKITE!

So, Ferrus had only three moods: slightly angry, REEEE FULGRIIIIIM and Blue Steel?

I need to see this. Would you be so kind to share an example?

ERrrmm, how about Crimson fists blue?

thats actually El Tigre

I was going to argue how google said it was Blue Steel, but then I remembered the differences between his trademark looks and realized the futility of my argument.

Don't forget Magnum.

That's an IH, not an IW, you mong.

>Iron Hands
>Hazard Stripes
Pick one

So I'm thinking of doing a night lords terror assault list at 3k. Basing it post Thramas with a mix of armour marks etc. This is what I've got so far:

HQ:
Legion delegatus (volkite charger, artificer armour, refractor field, melta bombs, chainglaive) 115

TROOPS:

9 man Terror Squad (9 volkite chargers, sarge with artificer armour, melta bombs, chainglaive) in a drop pod 290

10 man Terror Squad (10 volkite chargers, sarge with artificer armour, melta bombs, chainglaive) in a drop pod 310

10 man Terror Squad (10 volkite chargers, sarge with artificer armour, melta bombs, chainglaive) 275

10 man Terror Squad (10 volkite chargers, sarge with artificer armour, melta bombs, chainglaive) 275

ELITES:

10 man Veteran Squad (marksmen, 2 x plasma guns) in a drop pod 225

FAST ATTACK:

Javelin Speeder (2 x hunter killer missiles, TL lascannon) 75

Javelin Speeder (2 x hunter killer missiles, TL lascannon) 75

Lightning Fighter (6 kraken penetrators, ground tracking auguries, battle servitor control) 285

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Malcador Tank Squadron (2 Malcadors with flare shields, armoured ceremite, lascannon sponsons, battle cannon, demolisher cannon) 790

2990/3000

But how are we IH if we're all AL, brother?

We're not.

The Alpha Legion is a meme.
One of their primarches is dead.
Their fanbase is cancer.
Their literature uninspired.
And lastly, nobody actually plays them.

;^)

I think it's great. Red should be left to the Dark Angels, and white is more of a Raven Guard color. That leaves silver, which would be boring without any colored accents. It's more blue than I'm used to but that's not a problem (the norm is just a little bit, like the eyes and a few weapon bits).

Or are they?
Or do they?

Or AM I?!

I actually do play AL IRL

>most selected army on hhg
I'm sure that nobody plays them user.

You do know some of those are memers and false flagging?

>people on Veeky Forums actually playing games
Come on now, you and I know less than half the people that claim to play are actually playing, and an even smaller number plays on an actual regular basis.

While some are false flags and people doing it for teh memes, I've seen more actual AL players than, say, IH, WS, or NL (though that might just be my area)

post your MkV

that torso is way out of place for cataphractii

otherwise he's an interesting model

I want to give him a dome to cover the face.

I like him a lot. Skipped some of the other exclusives but this guy has my attention. Would look good in a lot of different color schemes, too. Death Guard maybe?

Honestly, with a proper helmet, I could see it happening.
Not sure though, the skirt feels weird on an IW.

checked, also would get fucked by such a nice army.

So don't make it an IW.

this is surlak in all but name

>Not making it part of my Bitter Boys

But user, that's not how it works.

Surlak isn't in Cataphractii armor though.

nice 3rd party model

>Space tommy gun

Ill take 20

Key word being some

Does FW have a new sculptor or something?