/twgg/ TowerGirls CYOA General

We're currently working on Expansion 3

Boredom Edition

Here's the current worklog:
| Expac 3 |
-Header (1st Draft)
-Intro
-Loose Details

Discussion of the Towergirls CYOA, RPG, Setting, or Video Games welcome here!

Everyone welcome.

FAQ:
pastebin.com/gaSHJEZF

Resources:
Imgur Album - imgur.com/a/maXHJ
Tower Girls infinity Chan Board - https:// infinity ch.net/twgrl
Booru - tower-girls.booru.org/
Brushes, Fonts, and Templates - pastebin.com/0uCbMGx6

Games:
Subtitle Pending - towergirls.boards.net/
Kingdom Conquest - towerkc.blogspot.ca/

Tabletop Rulebooks:
docs.google.com/document/d/1AiYSs3a-sOL9SgVkjNNFfSRBfJxef99Ow4E7iSP6ra4/edit (Towers)
mega.nz/#!oBkXlaLa!HubjjHJRD_gdcXMqHIoh-6E1GTxZmR2djuX-d-vj4Og (Lewd Adventures)

Quests:
towergirlsquest.tumblr.com/ (Gats)
towergirlschivalryedition.tumblr.com/ (Eversor)

Contact Project Lead: [email protected]

Old Thread:

Starting with Slime

Not dead yet, real life and video games are keeping me busy and I've had no luck starting playtests or getting any feedback from people who've read the rules.

Here's some plans I've got so far:
>Work on Infinite Arcana and Infinite Creation.
Adds new powers and rituals for Arcana and Creation, primarily utility-based ones. Some of these will raise the power level of these Mysteries considerably (think 3.5e Fighters compared to Clerics), and so they're not going into the main rulebook.

>Work on Alien, Edge, and Hermeticism Mysteries
Characters built with these Mysteries are expected to revolve around those mysteries; characters with Alien lose access to normal facets and gain a special set of Alien-related facets, and the same applies to the others.

>Change TOWERS over to a Maid RPG style system for rolls.
For those who are unfamiliar, rolls consist of rolling a d6, and then multiplying the result of your roll by whichever stat you're using. A character with Prowess 1 can roll 1 through 6, a character with Prowess 5 can roll 5 through 30, et cetera.

-Replace advantage and disadvantage with flat modifiers.
Multiple dice is a nice way to handle advantages and disadvantages in theory, but in practice it's not that great an idea.

There actually was a Christmas princess made apparently, guess I forgot

Holly cuteness

anyone know of a good idea for a new gen 4 I am trying to build up a alternate one

Whatcha mean?

like a new gen with its own prizes and rules I'm not a big fan of the class system or the dragon princess

yeah gen 4s princess in my opinion just wasn't that interesting

dragon princess I mean

if all the dragon princesses got into a fight, who would win?

Feel like this was asked before, most said DP5.

The Knight

Id say five with 3 in second place since shes a poison breathing warrior who according to so much fanart is chubby

Did someone have actually tried your system?

For example for mine i go 0 feedback, so i've simply stopped to work on it

I had three people who were interested, two of which have forgotten about it entirely (the third one actually asked for some unarmed options, which is about the only response I've gotten besides "looks neat"). Didn't have scheduling figured out either, so no word on whether they'd be able to play together at all.

I see

Well, that's sad.
To be fair to both of you, though, it's College Finals week, so a large portion of potential players are busy doing things.

It's okay, i also have other things to work on.
I'll return to work on it if i see that someone it's interested. but not for only one or two people.

Who is dis Girl's Companion. The mighty question of the day.

I think you or photo should just assign all proposed companions a number, then roll a die and choose whatever it lands on.

No Eversor. You are the Companion.

And then Eversor was a zombie.

Prom Queen Alt because she has all the friends

Cyberdragon Princess is probably going to be recycled for MatrixGen, just like EnderVoidDragon is probably going to end up in PlaneswalkerGen.
why not a pervy wyrmy?
Also, Vel, I didn't have the opportunity earlier, but an awesome job with your comics. If you don't terribly mind, I'd like to post it on the 1d4chanpage once my time is freed from finals.

Im still with the mole idea, though I guess its a matter of givin em a good enough reason/story to be with her at this point

The Diamond Drakes! Go Team! Fight the Football!

>I'd like to post it on the 1d4chanpage once my time is freed from finals.

You kiddin'? sure you can! Just put my nickname in there as credit

I've also posted it on tumbrl but the preview image is blurred and i hate to go around and look for a theme that allows larger images, goddangit. Why others can post large images and i still have to figure out stuff.

Follow-up question: who do we already have art of to be dat Girl's Companion?

Maybe we can make the mole Drake's bestie? Like, Drake helped 'em out of a real bad situation, so now they do whatever they can to help her back?

we could have a companion that feeds to the confusion of her being a dragon

A lizardman with dwarfism.

It's not a kobold, I swear.

Here's an idea. A hatchling.

Just a little egg with two legs and a tail sticking out.

Whose hatchling?

Little Sister

Who is the tiniest Princess? Anyone smaller than Fairy yet?

nope fairy still tiniest

Do we have an Amoeba Princess?
Also, maybe Triangle Princess.

Pixel Princess!

I'm sorry you two didn't get more interest. For me, personally, I'm busy with work, editing, what social life I have, etc. Seeing projects in "0.03 alpha" just gets it pushed to the backburner for me. And that doesn't apply to just your Veeky Forums systems. I've not played either of the vidya games extensively. So, at least for me, the issue is not wanting to spend time reviewing a project that may not ever get further than some bare bones. I'm super sorry if that comes off as dickish, but that's my feedback.

To you, might I offer an alternative? Rather than branding it as "New Gen 4", why not go with simply making it it's own thing? While "Blank Gen" might not be quite so creative, I'm sure you'll have a lot more traction if you try and come up with an idea and a theme to build around, rather than simply trying to replace something you don't like.

And some back story on the Dragons you might be missing; they're the 5 sisters. They're the daughters of the Dragon Queen. So, if you do decide to stay the course of "replace Gen 4", then you'll at least need to make sure that your dragon is white with a gem in her forehead, to keep with the lore. Again, though, I'd encourage you to make a standalone thing like Brave's "Stationgirls".

Also! I think you were the one asking about Alien and Flumph princesses? The explanation there is, as Eversor said, that Flumphs are in the D&D monster manuals, which lets them slide in. As for Alien, she is one of the oldest princesses in Towergirls history, but never got on a chart. Heck, there are comics making fun of this fact. So we found it deliciously appropriate to finally give her a home on one of the charts. As for Stationgirls, it is a one man project written, arted, and edited by "The Brave".

Now that I think about it, she's possibly the only princesses with more subjects than Insect Princess. Which do you think there are more of in the world; pixels or insects?

Don't forget GMP's idea! (She's in recovery and wasn't able to post it herself.) She suggests that Drake Princess have just a simple Rock as her companion to mirror DP3's imaginary friend. Her aggressive protesting having driven normal people away.

Also, I missed this in my post above. That'd be simple, but I'm thinking that, if it comes down to "just fucking decide", we'll go with Moles. They've had the most written about them.

that makes alot of sense
well as for a standalone thing I'm not sure if I'd want that but i guess trying to figure out a way to not go for replacing a gen is right. Guess I have no new territory to go guess i got nothing to do

I command the thread to live

Little brown cave dwelling goblins

And they all kinda look like this.

Her loyalist of burrowing underlings

neat roll bro

I support this, also the numbers have spoken

Brainz

If you where dressed as Doomguy it would be top, since mine was a quote from Doom: Repercussions of Evil.

Nice work tho

Keep it as is, but just slap a Doomguy helmet over the head.

Lil Sis? (I dunno, it doesn't feel like it pushes the theme, but its the closest suggestion I liked.)

I'll agree, it's a touch odd, but it's also fucking cute.

thats FRIGIN adorable!

But what is the purpose to have an egg as companion for Drake?

At least the moles/cave goblins could do stuff, be enemeies/allies and else, but an egg with legs just walks around.

Not everything has to have a use.
Thematically, it makes sense.
>Drake Princess wants to make a safe home where her little sister won't be persecuted for being a Dragon when she's not

well that looks purely cute

Don't forget that DP3 has a completely useless companion, considering it doesn't actually exist.

wait doesn't this chart have a lot of companions that are sisters?

I remember the last time I saw that, it was for Ogre's 'subjects'.

No

Jotun princess has a little sister
paladin princess has her sister
firework princess has her sister
and well rat princess has instead alot of brothers
gemini princess

I listed a fourth of the chart

Hows this idea? a inbetween chart with its own rules like these bonus gens but just like maybe a dragonewt princess trying to feel original

Jotun and Paladin don't companions at all yet.

And how does she make a safe home if she is alone with her little sister?
You could attach her sister as an extra, but she needs servants to keep the home safe then.
Also, wasn't she obsessed to make other understand that she is a true dragon?
If she have to take care of her sister, she don't have the time to do so, unless she keeps the sister with her, but by that, the sister isn't safe at all.
The servants could keep the sister safe, while Drake goes around, and if Knight comes while Drake is away, he could findthe little sister instead.

DP3 is a Skilled warrior who can breath venomous gas and her theme is that she is a loner... that's why she have an imaginary friends, since she can't talk to others without killing them.. except for undeads and constructs.

and she steals princesses that are kinda like previous princesses but not quite like banshee and hobgoblin princesses

Might want to take a closer look.

they do go to the previous thread and find the chart

>but she needs servants to keep the home safe
No, just a lock and a shotgun.

Honestly the issue with your suggestion is that there's zero point in giving her a sister if we don't get a visual.

Well so far we have that it's better than nothing

Yes, but that wouldn't be on the chart. Thus players, and pretty much all of us after this thread when we forget, won't have a visual.

Ya lost me.

Velgarn does not care either way if she has a sister, but he does not think the sister should be in her companion slot. He thinks she should have servants (he probably wants the moles) in addition.

However I am telling him that if she has someone else in her companion slot, then the sister would not be visible on the charts because the image would be of her the companion. I say that without a picture of what she looks like, there is no point in her existing within Drake's profile.

I don't want the moles, ew! I actually thought that moles would have 0 sense, but people continued to say "moles here, and moles there".

I was trying to find a solution for both sister and servants. then i've read her chart and.. well, she should have 0 companions.
Why? It's written that she is indipentend, so she prefers to do not have anyone nearby.

For what i see she just want to be left alone, but knights still come to her thinking that she is a dragon.

Maybe she could have a Sign with "There Be No Dragons Here" instead of a companion, that nobody reads (or maybe the word NO is half cancelled by the weather)

She kidnapped princesses, she doesn't have a right to be left alone.

Allrighty, so she needs someone who keeps the princesses, yes?

So Cave Goblins can be the kind of servants that could do that. Moles are just miners.

But that's so generic. Why not go with something thematic?

Who woulda thought the drake companion would be a such a toughy to pick.

Though she is the head honcho, guess it makes sense.

I'd say either a rock or a drake statue is better for her

I hate most male companions personally. If I can't stick my dick in it, I don't want it in my cart. And most males are uggo or not my type. Only cute boys allowed.

I like this user, he understands the power of cute.

is there even a waifu limit?

Dwayne Johnson as companion would be great!

Jokes aside, i also support this choice

The power of cute is mostly insignificant to me, but it's okay.

Mine where just mere suggestions

Her companion is a "Do Not Disturb" Sign

Her companion is just a pet rock.

Honestly, I like my suggestion that her companion be "The Earthen Congregation" because of just how many companion suggestions she has had plus a "group" companion would make her special just like the "imaginary" companion made Dragon III special

>The Earthen Congregation
A sort of Cult? Define this congregation, seems interesting.

I feel the problem is we just have a bunch of really vocal individuals with completely different ideas on what a perfect Companion for Drake would be.

Me? I say perfection is the enemy of time.

We're definitely getting somewhere. Much more appropriate than the moles, I think.

We could say that Drakes mature much faster than Dragons, allowing her to reach adulthood quickly and giving you another draconic powerhouse. Or perhaps she'll be impressionable enough that you can educate her to perform a certain role. She'd be a long(ish)-term investment rather than instant gratification.

But we have a lot of time, what's the problem.

Also i like brainstorming as we are doing here, still i'm supporting some ideas of others but it seems that no one wants to take a decision, so that's why Gemini still have her design and Drake has no companion.

For me is the same, tho.

I just suggest and support, so we can proceed.

At this point im fine withe either lil-sister or mole folks, both are nice

While i was reading this, i've imagined that Drake is so butthurt because her sister has been kidnapped by others, so she kidnaps princesses untill her sister is given back. So knight have to rescue hatchling egg, so he can bargain her with the other princesses or try to calm down Drake.

Yes i like to invent quests and adevntures more than cute stuff.

That would also a good idea for another short comic, hmmmm

That kind of thing sounds good for an item on a bonus page.

Hey buddy, that is a cute tho!

I just don't understand why you're trying to specifically slot it somewhere in the "timeline". Again, just make it its own thing.

I try and leave things to thread consensus rather than just "make a decision".

As for gemini, that's more that the artists don't want to touch it. Brutus and Eversor have both given me a "I won't touch Gemini with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole."

i just kinda feel uncomfortable with the idea for some reason ok. a single standalon gen sounds a bit boring to me especially since i want to stick to the sorta fantasy setting

What.. no... what did you mean? How it's cute? Impossible!

>As for gemini, that's more that the artists don't want to touch it.
I've touched her, and i'm proud of that. Still maybe i can try another go, but the problem is that the multyheads and multyboobs does not compute right with the small body

>sorta fantasy setting
I'm totally on fantasy settings. Also with a little bit of grim, muahauahaua

but i guess that isn't wanted whatsoever i guess i'll avoid touching anything

ya think it's fine to do my own gen that can be fit wherever somebody wants it to be put?

I mean, Towergirls isn't going to magically end when we're done with the five expansions. A standalone gen doesn't make it "not Towergirls."

You're right. You have. However, I would argue that yours went beyond a redesign of the art into a redesign of the character. She's not nearly as mystical as that design you had.

If you think you can do it then go for it.

ok I am making a gen and I am gonna go ahead and make it fantasy consider it standalone it's gonna exist and be its own thing thats fantasy setting is indistinguishable from the normal gens so maybe it's standalone maybe its not but it's gonna have bosses,treasure,princesses,weird companions, and who knows what else I am gonna go full force with this and have fun with the silly concept that I love

I am gonna go full on insane with it so insane you will freak out on how beautifully mad I went with it

Go for it...? I'm not terribly sure if you think I'm trying to dissuade you or not. All I meant by "standalone" is that it's not part of the 1->5 gens that are the Dragon Queen Pentology.

Welcome to my world.

Also hey i did touch it with a stick, i made twins as is typically shown for gemini depictions. But it was turned down cause we want to cram a bunch arms and tits in a frame that barely fits the normal amount of limbs required to function.

nono I understand no worries what Im doing will be after that it shall be in its own thing I shall explore the after of gen 5 which is what I will love exploring sorry for that bit that adventure so consider it standalone or epilogue whatev suits it to you