How to defeat Chaos

My fellow Inquisitiors and colleagues of the Deathwatch and the Adeptus Mechanius. We are fighting a loosing war. I know I know but lets face the arch enemy is becoming stronger by the day. Demonworlds popping up in normal space like the barriers that protect of the Materium from the Warp are getting thinner and thinner.

Those times call up for unsual thoughts. We should consider the possibility that to defeat the chaos gods we could via indirect methods strengthen other gods. In my theory the greenskin gods Gork and Mork are those that have the biggest chance.

If we could get the biggest WAAAAAAAGH of all the ages rolling. Gork and Mork could be strong enough to defeat for example by Khorne itself. Of course we would have even when this plan came to fruitions very mighty Warpentities on our self. BUT and this is an important one, since those gods are bound by race we wouldn’t have rampart chaos corruption in our imperial subjects.

The galaxy spanning WAAAAAAAGH could be guided into the Eye of Terror taking care of the most dangerous followers of Chaos.

To sum it up, we could seriously weaken the great enemies in the warp and in the real realm by using the greenskins.

The current state of the imperium is a result of the weaknesses of the flesh. Cecede absolute control to the mechanicus, and we will resolve the issues at hand.

Okay please eleborate who you save the humanity AFTER we all gave up on our flesh. You screwheads have no more a plan then anybody else.

Inquisitor C.K. please go.

Greenskins are unpredictable

Plus, why would they fight chaos, they hate fighting chaos.

They'd probably come after us first.

But... but that would be heresy!

Sometimes you have do heretic things to defeat heresy.

>Plus, why would they fight chaos, they hate fighting chaos.

Wut?? Ever heared of tuska the daemon-killa???

Retarded as this idea might be, I thank you very much for not making it as a "excuse me" thread.

Really, I do.

Carry on.

You allow emotions to guide your decisions. Only through the analytical might of the machine can we divine a solution. Only through the efficiency of the machine will be able to carry it out. Your bureaucracy is unable to manage its assets. We would be better able to coordinate and manage the interests of mankind. The jump in efficiency from allowing us control would in and of itself solve many of our problems as we would be able to properly respond to threats as they surfaced.

exception to the rule

Erradicate as much life as possible, except ofcourse the loyal holy inquisition in an attempt to starve tgem out.

...Tis a bad, bad idea.

...Unfortunately, we're fresh out of good ideas. MAKE IT SO!

>...Unfortunately, we're fresh out of good ideas.

Is this seriously that bad?

Imagine what would happen if orks won

Can some orkfanboy explain what would happen if orks desided that the best and biggest fight would be in the eye or terror?

why bother? According to new BL fluff, courtesy of Laurie Gouldin and ADB, Chaos is undefeatable, humanity already lost, there is no point nor victory condition, might as well pick up a new hobby

So you people want to use alien gods to defeat Chaos, but using alien tech to bolster our great armies with improved guns, armor and vehicles is heresy? We could really learn some neat tricks from those Tau fellas.

We could always see a Chaos vs Tyranids fight for the universe. The Hive Mind is a massive pshychic entity of its own, so it maybe has enough strenght to weaken Chaos.

They already fucking did, the entire galaxy is a war torn playpen for them

JUST UPDATE US

>Sometimes you have do heretic things to defeat heresy.

WHAT THE UNBELIEVABLE FUCK AM I READING?!?!!!!!!!!

While many think it just apocrypha, the Orkish story of "Tuska Da Daemon Killa" presents an argument against this. Essentially, the Warboss Tuska led a Waaagh into the Eye and got trapped by Khorne, "blessed" to be slain and revived every day, only to be killed again the next.

Just think, fellow Inquisitor. Imagine the raw bloodlust of Tuska's warband, and think of how much it empowers the Blood God. Now, imagine how much Khorne would be empowered if the biggest Waaagh ever crashed into the Eye.

In addition, Orks themselves are empowered by combat. It would be truly a frightening scenario should a wayward warband break free from the Waaagh of the Eye and pass through to attack Cadia. The advent of Orks that have become almost Astartes-like through centuries of killing and being killed, empowered by the Blood God himself, could mean the end of the Imperium.

I vote for attempting to lure some Hive Fleets into the Eye instead due to their Warp-interfering capabilities. However, it carries the risk of repeating "the Daemonid Incident" on a galaxy-wide scale.

why would you fight what you can be what you are.

I propose that we make Felinid women standard issue equipment for Imperial Guard regiments, to bolster morale.

Sure. They can serve their "Greater Good" by serving the Imperium. All they need to do is cast off the yoke of their oppressive Ethereal ruling class that have such supicious backgrounds, and they can serve the Imperium of Man - on the front lines between us and the incoming Tyranid invasion.

Right, because the last time we tried to use the orks to deal with a major threat that worked out so well. I'd rather suggest we start expanding our combat servitors so that way our armies won't keep running away the moment a heretic sneezes at them.

Issue here is that the power of Chaos is drawn from the roiling emotions of races in the material plane. I.E. humans.

In order for the Orks to beat Chaos, it might demand that they subjugate humanity, thus displaying the supremacy of Gork and Mork's adherents.

Perhaps we should wake up all the necrons and let them sort out the problem

Exterminatus everything.

MY FELLOW INQUISITORS.

It has come to my attention that some among us have fallen to the plague of RADICALISM. They do not know that the only way to do battle against the Ruinous Powers is to do so in the methods established by His Holy Inquisition. To do otherwise is to fall to Chaos ourselves, and is not only the greatest HYPOCRISY, but the greatest HERESY.

As such, I have dispatched numerous squads of my personal Stormtrooper regiments to remove these RADICALS.

Now then, with the ever impending Black Crusade on the horizon, I encourage you all to mobilize yourselves and deploy to strengthen the bulwark of Cadia against the foul servants of Chaos.

Fear only His dissapointment,

High Lord Inquisitor Tyrosus Lafel, Holy Torch of Alvander.

What is this Radical bullshit? Didn't we label you Excommunicatus Traitorus ages ago? GUARDS!

How do you propose we stop the Beast-Tier Orkoid crusade this would create, once it has finished decommissioning Chaos?
We must also factor in Species:Eldar intervention. They have a history of manipulating Orks and see sacred Humanity as little better than Greenskins.
Projections show a 45% chance of them shifting the targets from Chaos Worshippers to everything living in what they still see as their Galaxy. They are unlikely to stand idle while your Radicals spread the Orkoid spore-plague across the stars without attempting to take that martial force for their own.
This all presumes the dark powers do not bring the Orkoids over to them in the guise of Gork and Mork. Even Khorne is not above accepting fealty through other names.

This also presumes the Orkoid crusade
A better method would be to continue the pursuit of lost STC technologies of the so-called Interex empire. Much caution must be taken regardless, given their recorded collusion with Xenos Minoris and noted retention of artefacts Heretekal.
Education must be revised also, with the power of knowledge we can purge those who would turn to Chaos willingly whilst, galvanising those whom the dark would trick into service.
In the hands of the Mechanicum such technology could rebuild the Imperium's mighty bulwark of Power Armour. Man-Sized suits would become easy to mass produce for both Skitarrii and Militarum assets. There are no short-cuts to rebuilding the Omnissiah's glory, Inquisitor. We must rebuild the road before we can travel it.

>We are fighting a loosing war

Titus, bring the bolt pistol.

Error: Data corruption in Dictatum Servitor.
Repaired data follows:
"This also presumes the Orkoid crusade would limit it's targets to Chaos alone. Something impossible for Greenskins as much as an awakened weapon left without targeting protocols.

How did the tech-priest get on the line? This is supposed to be a secure channel!

Oh wait. Tech-priest.

They love fighting Chaos. A bit too much.

Some say that the reason the Tau weapons work so well is that they, by sheer chance alone, are extremely similar to an undiscovered STC pattern. Perhaps we could field captured weapons- but on a small scale, of course, and only if the only other option is losing a planet to Chaos.

Sorry, Sister. The funding isn't there to equip you all with updated gear at the moment. With luck, maybe in a few years.

Good point.

I agree with you- but alas, Felinids are rare in the Imperium at large.

An excellent alternative proposal.

Why are these idiots on the line?

Finally. Thank you, High Inquisitor.

This is easily the best proposal I've heard so far. I wholeheartedly support your endeavors. Maybe I'll even send some Acolytes or Scions to help you out in case you run into any trouble.

Orks view all races suprisingly even - they give no damn if you are "`umies", "pansies", "bugs with lotsa teef" or "spiky git". Just point them in the right direction of the biggest fight there is and they will go there.

Now that I have said that Inquisitor, I have been studying the phenomenon of a "prophet of the Waagh", Ghazghkull for decades now. Their leader is a special breed of ork: he does not only look for the biggest battle he can fight, but he also strategically organises clans around himself to fight for resources and important planets and systems to further fuel his war campaign.

Daemon worlds don't have enough resources and thus, he'd probably attack Imperium space first.

Glad to see you made it to our meeting - Magos I presume?

>Man-Sized suits would become easy to mass produce for both Skitarrii and Militarum assets.
This has been discussed before amongst inquisitorial ranks. While indeed, backing up "Hammer of the Emperor" with power armour would indeed improve our capabilites, as a perso... Omnisiah servant who relies on statistics and raw facts, you should realise that the reason we arm Imperial guardsmen with lasguns and flak armour is because it would be too resource intensive to provide them with power armour. Also do not forget that people are weak and sometimes heresy and selfishness makes planets try and strafe from the light of the Emperor - be it because of chaos incursion or autocrats refusing to pay tithe. Rebellions like this would be even more damaging if power armour could be accessed that easily.

All sacred Technologies are a double edged blade, however we accept the fifth warning to be true also, and in the ancient's wisdom, the combination of understanding and mass produced STC pattern Powered Armour was an acceptable configuration.
Reworking the education of the Imperium at large, while likely to aggravate the Ecclesiarchy, would drastically reduce chances of Chaotic Insurrection, pacifying their ire with empirical truth.

The Issue of non-ruinous rebellion is another matter. History teaches that such actions are near incurable so long as the enigma of flesh stands. My colleagues would be at odds with me recommending Mechanicus-exclusive information, but the integration of Sub-Dermal Circuitry into key personnel can do wonders to stop a rebellion before it starts.

Resources are always factored in, and while this does mean many regiments would be without these new advancements for a time(Or would outright refuse them in the case of Catachans and Kanaks) This allows a greater period of adjustment where Man-Sized Power Armour will remain a symbol of great status among the Militarum. Regiments with greater histories of loyalty would make for primary candidates during early phases, those with less pure histories are likely to remain with few suits, both protecting the Imperium and reducing overall resources

With STC efficiency production will be far more cost effective than current methodologies, and with the many gifts a single Interex STC may conceal other means of increasing efficiency can be found. These sacred databanks were designed by the ancients to enable swift colonisation and terraforming after all.

A single functioning STC would work to reverse most of not all of the technological degradation suffered by the Imperium since the Schism of Mars. Unlikely as such a find is given the fate of the Interex, the swift purging by the Legion involved is likely to have left many of the STC simply buried upon superficial decommission.

this insane. Orks can't be controlled. Ane even IF we get them into the eye of Terror, they will become a threat to all imperial worlds around the sector.

i got a better Plan! WE MOUNT GIANT ENGINES ON NECRON TOMB WORLDS!!
AND FLY THEM INTO THE EYE OF TERROR!

>How to defeat Chaos
Create sigmarines my mixing Ultramarines and Grey Knights gene-seed.

Heresy. Please report yourself to the nearest Boltgun.

WHY DONT PEOPLE JUST MAKE MOAR OF US?!

JUST SEND A LEGION OF US INTO THE WARP, PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

FUCK YOU!!!! YOU CUNT OF A SLUT!!

WE NEED TO CONQUER THE LANDS OF SLANESH AND ESTABLISH A BASE AT MOUNT COCAINE!!!!

the thing is that imperial technology is actually higher tier than tau tech, the only thing is that it's less efficiently used due to loss of knowledge and mechanicus shenanigans

01000001 01100100 01100001 01110000 01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01110000 01101000 01100001 01110011 01100101 00100000 01110110 01100001 01110010 01101001 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100010 01100101 01100111 01101001 01101110 00100000 01100010 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01100011 01100001 01110011 01110100

COMMUNICUS INITIATED

GREETINGS FELLOW FLESHY INQUISITORS, I AM INQUOSITOR OBI-WAN SHERLOCK CLUSOE, I AM ABSOLUTELY NOT A MAGOS

I BELIEVE MANDATORY RITUALS OF PURE THOUGHT ARE THE SOLUTION TO OUR DILLEMA.

LOBOTOMIZED PATIENTS WHO FEEL NO EMOTIONS ARE 38.9% MORE RESISTANT TO THE ENERGIES OF PERFIDITY AND 47.1% MORE EFFICIENT IN GENERAL.

I ALSO HAVE IT ON GOOD AUTHORITY EMOTIONS FEED CHAOS. WHAT FORTUNE THE RITUAL OF PURE THOUGHT ELIMINATES THESE AND ALLOWS FOR PURE LOGICAL COGNITIVE FUNCTION.

> We are fighting a loosing war.
please report the nearest armed imperial citizen for summary execution

How do you know about the loosing war!? All information on the Loosian scourge was supp-

What? Oh. LOSING.

Welp

since it appears we have been infiltrated by the red-hooded clerc of Mars, i might have an idea to defeat chaos :
we all know haw gellar fields protect our ship during travels in the immaterium, and it prevents demon to appears within the hull of the spaceship. Combining that and the fact that the pylon of cadia seems to have the property to hold back the warp, the adeptus mechanicus might be able, if they direct their ressources to it, ''weaponize'' gellar fields in some ways. thought not a definitive solution, it would greatly improve our fight against the great enemy

Please report to your personal execution chamber at once for divulging secrets.

...wait, so I report the guy with a gun and someone executes him? Sweet!

Please report to your commisar for execution for tech-heresy.

There will be no plot advancement.

Why should we settle with merely manipulating the Greenskins when there aare far more... Profitable options available.
Necron's have been known to negotiate. Certain sub factions will even trade and cooperate with rouge traders.

An alliance with the Necrons, the one xeno's race who is immune to Chaos could extremely beneficial to the Imperium.
The Astra Militarum sheer numerical superiority can be used to ensure the Necrons remain faithful to any proposed alliance. And I'm sure if the Imperium was to grant the Necrons with free movement through out none essencial segmenta, raw materials and even territory to colonise, certain Necrons sub factions will assist in a crusade against chaos. Or atleast provide the Mechanicus with new technology to dissect
It would be in both parties best interests after all, chaos is quite the... nuisance. Even for Necrons.

Just because you wear a red hood doesn't make you one of us Trezhyn. Now go away before I call my Skitarii

Archmagos please, this is no time to test your Sicarian protocols. We were invited by the radical and no matter what his opposites say we're allowed here.
We have made good headway towards beginning a search for the Interex STCs.

you are not helping here son
to hinder the movement of the holy inquisition is futile, to resist it is heresy

through the superiority of the human mind, with every asset at our disposition, we shall prevail, such is His will

But the fourth warning teache-
Oh.
It's you.
And then you steal our most interesting things for your robot skeleton museum. We know how this goes. That robe you're wearing was stolen from the last time we met.

> Imperium is in trouble

Yep.

> From Chaos

Meh. Chaos is by its nature self defeating. We shall continue to hold the Cadian Gate while facing the numerous other threats of the Galaxy.

At worst, we can drop some Necrontyr tech on Cadia and let them deal with Chaos.

There once was a woman who swallowed a fly, I don't know why ~

The advantage with Necrontyr is that they don't stick around and multiply looking for a fight, they just pick up their shit and go after killing everything.

Are you sure can't just get the Ad Mech to make a bunch of thoses really fuckin big Logic bombs and hurl those at the eye of terror instead?

I mean it is a place pure imagination, technically. So shouldn't a bunch of distilled boring objectivity destroy all the shitty parts of the Warp? I mean, worst case scenario, the Emperor is a little bit nerdier now.

Gellar Bombs are noted to shift Empyreal energies rather than destroying them. Any Warp travel in the vicinity of a Gellar detonation draws the energies along the translation's path and deposits a warp storm of equal strength at the initial Mandeville point. The STC associated with said technology is lost, with barest hints at surviving copies.

Instead of blasting pure reality into a zone where realspace and the Empyrean, perhaps the ancients devised a method of re-establishing the borders between the two? Only the Omnissiah knows.

OI! YOU GITZ OUGHT TA JUS' MAKE AN ALLIANCE WIT' ALL DA ORKS, 'STEAD 'A JUS' MANPIL- MANEPOH- TRICKIN' 'EM!

Actually, I've been reading over several of the datafiles published by Inquisitor Vail, and her ruminations on the "Blank" theory are intriguing, having evidently seen one up close.

What if - and I stress "if" - we were to redirect a proportion of Inquisition resources into rounding up a great number of these "blanks", and more or less threw them into the Eye of Terror? Their peculiar warp-nullification properties may well damage the eye significantly, if not outright close it (if a proper number of these individuals were employed in the effort).

Interesting idea.

I propose that we fuck the chaos. Simple as that.

Perhaps I'll send some Scions too. To keep an eye on you...

Go away Slaanesh

I suggest we find 4 random people holding shiny orbs and throw them back in time.

Place a population in stasis deep beneath the earth of a random garden world together with all stc fragments and examples of technology. Set them to wake in 50k years.

Virus bomb everyone and eveything everywhere and then commit suicide. 50k years later humans emerge with no Chaos no enemies and free reign

What do Deathwatch and AdMech have to do with Chaos you massive faggot?