Dead Space: Resurrection

>TFW theres never an option to buy and wear this suit in game

So Veeky Forums how would you go about making a TTRPG version of Dead Space?
>What system would you base it off of?
>How do we make dismemberment matter?
>How do we include marker madness in crunch?

I have my own ideas that are based on Dark Heresy's systme, but they're all at home so I'll dig them up later.

>Still busy with finals but want to desperately contribute edition

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/01WBnq1m
youtu.be/XiSB8W7lsHg
youtube.com/watch?v=RFoElza9NE0
pastebin.com/u/jukebox
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ZAEED'S BACK

now we just need juke and arty

You got it broski, juke was around in the other thread

Sytem: Cyberpunk 2020 (dismemberment - check, jury rig stuff - check, deep space sourcebook - check, rules for stress - check)

Get Deep Space for space related stuff and Dark Metropolis for stress rules and you're good to go.

I am monitoring this thread

So, is Isaac supposed to be the monster in that film?

noice

wassup

writan in a sec

This is turning into an /mlp/ tier writing thread.

Don't start a thread with nothing to show for it. Next time prewrite your shit and come back when actually have content rather than nothing but useless posts and bumpers.

>in a sec
>1 hour later and nothing
Please post something when you show up
or at least prewrite

>in a sec
>2 1/2 hours later
You let me down Jukes, I vouched for you, and you let me down.

So, what system do you think would work best to try to play a horror story in space, like this?

Dark heresy, a modded Call of Cthulhu or something else?

Depends, which one is the most brutal? It'd also need to have a sanity system, to show how many boatloads of crazy you're getting in the brainmeats.

Gurps, Eclipse phase, any of the 40k rpg games using zero gravity rules for certain sitations and custom xenos rules to stat xenomorphs.

Me and some others were trying to make a homebrew system for something like this a while ago.

Predictably, it never went anywhere.

Juke, you've left a hole in our hearts.

You promised us juke.

MAKE US WHOLE

It must be fate that we could only get two threads, but I must defy fate, and
BUMP

I'M SORRY

unexpected business

gimme a sec, I'm brainstorming

Well, since we're waiting, I'd just like to point out something.

Most non-necromorphic fighting Issac has to do? It's memetic. As in, the POWER OF MAYMAYS. And while he fights it, he cannot control it. Which is the main issue of all this "Let the literal unprotected mind-fucking commence!" Attitude.

>HAS SCP TAUGHT YOU NOTHING?!

Memetics are contagious, and this one is fucking horrible. You could see these !NOT!-Orions becoming not only infected, but vectors for the marker infection to spread without the assistance of a marker itself!

Puts a while new spin on "Make us whole", though.

>Month 2, day three

>Went planetside to start salvage. Making a list of all the stuff i wanna present wasn't too hard, or at least it wasn't all that difficult to prioritize. Shockdrives come first. Everyone threw a fit when i told them what it did. I seriously don't know how they haven't found it out yet. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this whole crazy episode myself, and with every passing day, the likelihood of it all being a dream drips away more and more. At this point, I've kinda put that whole mess in the backseat. Thinking about how and why I'm here is getting me nowhere. time to start living for the moment.

>Found three working shockdrives from the unitologist vessels. Spare stasis and kinesis modules weren't especially hard to find. Some on-board small arms have been collected, and I think those guns we ripped off one of their gunships may just be in good enough shape to be worthwhile. Everyone says it's through, but I think a few well-spent hours will have this thing ready to go, or at least ready to show by the end of the week.

>Isaac is drowning in unwanted asari pussy due to crazy brainmeats being confused for ALPHA POWAH
>Joker gets none no matter how hard he tries
>Isaac complains to him one day about
>Joker's response is, "I feel like a man dying of thirst watching another man drowning"
>Isaac begins to try his hardest to become the ultimate wingman to Joker to kill two birds with one stone
>It never works because Joker is a sarcastic asshole
>Isaac's face when

Why would Isaac not be interested in all the azure coming his way?

Do you have any idea how awkward it is to keep having to explain to people that no, you are not giving asari maidens hallucinogens, they're just being driven mad by all the bullshit in your brain?

Isaac has had, approximately, two metric Fuck tons of crazy and nightmares dumped directly into his brainmeats. Dude is 20 pounds of crazy in a 5 pound bag. Dude is classified as clinically insane. Dude is so insane, he's looped back around into being TOO sane.

>Month 2, day four

>Had the quarian crew gather up the stuff on the list. Marked out locations, gave them descriptions and sent them on their way. Kinda gives me some time to work on the gun. Danik spared so expense here. Stuff's military grade. Migrant marines saw me working on it and were especially interested. Started asking about what soldiers use in my "dimension" or whatever I'm supposed to be from. Couldn't find any SWS rifles in Danik's stash. Was afraid it would be a waste of time, but I decided to have a lintel fun and craft some stuff up. had enough materials to craft up a few mining tools. They weren't very impressed until they saw the contact beam at work. These guys are kinda odd. Every one of these people is in some way knowledgeable about tech. They're all so fascinated by what I've got here. I've had some time to set my work aside (like maybe thirty minute or an hour at best) and just explore the place. Apparently, the Rayya is one of many of these ships where this whole race lives. Nezala's story is really starting t come to life. It's really starting to dawn on me that these people, though not human, really are just people. I mean, the suits and the glowy eyes still kinda weird me out, and the fact that there's aliens not trying to rip me apart is still kind of a big deal, but, deep down, I actually feel kind of at home with them. maybe it's the cramped space and the technophilia, but hey, I won't complain.

Home at last, man, these threads never die, its almost as if they keep getting reanimated from the dead...

Pastebin for those who want to follow along:
pastebin.com/01WBnq1m

Zaeed was almost surprised at his own curiosity, it hadn’t gotten the better of him in years. He had to admit that the prospect of a contact who’d been dead several years suddenly turning up and wanting to chat was an intriguing one. Could it be a trap? Sure, but Zaeed trusted that and Alliance shuttle wouldn’t pick up on any long range scanners.

Zaeed paused for a moment in front of the elevator absorbed in thinking about what it could all mean. “Hello Zaeed.” He started and turned to see that Thane had silently glided up beside him.

“Kryos! Shoulda known that only you could startle me like that!”
“I’m sorry, that was not my intention. You seem preoccupied, but I know better than to ask.” Zaeed blinked and looked askance. Thane only blinked his inner eyelids, saying no more.
The elevator arrived along with a cargo of harried Alliance ensigns. The two slipped inside and descended.

“It seems that soon everyone is to part ways. I’m sad to say that we’ve rarely exchanged pleasantries.” Thane’s dry and cracked voice carried a hint of sadness.
“Don’t worry yourself over it, we're both professionals, it happens. I once worked with a man for three years, nary spoke a word to each other. Best friend I ever had.”
Zaeed could swear he saw the corners of his mouth twitch upwards in a smile.
“Your memory is as good as mine sometimes. ” The doors glided open and the stuffy silence gave way to the bustling docking bay.

Zaeed made to the unattended shuttle but paused when he heard Thane.”Zaeed? One mercenary to another, we always expected to die fighting, yet here we are. I have my son to return to after this, what do you plan on doing?”
“I dunno why you’d think I’d do anything else! You and I don’t love a good fight in the same way Kryos. I plan on hunting that scum Vido to the ends of the galaxy, and making a ripe old mess on the way!”
Thane shook his head thoughtfully and let Zaeed go as he was consumed by the crowd.

The chaos made it relatively easy to slip past unnoticed, and his mean look stopped anyone from asking questions as he popped the seal on the shuttle. Zaeed knew Joker didn’t have the balls to stop him and was confident that he could investigate the signal and return before anyone raised too big of a stink. He paged the bridge.

“So... are we gonna dance or is your pelvis giving out already Joker? “
“Zaaed just what the hell are you doing up there?” It was Shepard. Zaeed cursed, this is what he got for trying to pick fights with kids in wheelchairs.

“Nothing personal Shepard, but my pays run dry and I’ve got better things to do than swap stories with a goody goody like you.”
“What’s gotten into you Zaeed?! I order you to stand down and wait to discuss whatever it is you’re doing with me once our negotiations are done.”
“No pay, no command, and I don’t need you mucking up another one of my operations again. Now order your monkey to open the bay before you have to order him to mop me off the floor.”
“Just do it Joker, we can’t have a scene just over Batarian space, were not even Alliance, remember.”

“Aye Aye Commander.” Zaeed grinned broadly as the bay doors slowly retracted to the confusion of the many dock workers. Lucky for them that the shields stopped the vacuum or a score of fine Alliance men and women would be in orbit around Kar’Shan.
>The docking clamps released and the shuttle dropped into space.

I'll check it out, thats all for tonight.

I'm gonna try and set aside time for brainstorming.

Hey I'm still working on that but christmas is a shit for me with work and family. I've got all my current work saved on a hdd somewhere.

For those who weren't in the thread, the point of the system was using resources and tools to jury-rig repairs and upgrades to shipboard tools. Things like plugging a flashlight into a railgun power pack because you need to see more than you need to shoot.

dude, it's awesome. Keep it up!

Taking a point which says that possibly NONE of mostly sane and selfconscious asari would like to revel in Isaacs proximity, only the cut-self, bite-me, hit-me-harder bsdm ones would do it willingly, and I bet you 5 bucks that they are astonishingly mad, althou not Isaacs so-mad-he-came-other-way way, I see no reason why not to.

nice job, dude

oh no, that's old stuff from the first threads

maybe overlooked it first time

>Was that supposed to help me? Cause it didn't.
>I swear to god, Isaac, if you broke our Shadowbroker...
>ALL THESE SQUARES MAKE A CIRCLE ALL THESE SQ

>Isaac is horrifyingly effective bait for rogue Ardat-Yakshi
>He does not appreciate this "gift"
>Especially not when they start acting like Marker!Nicoles

Isaac is contagious. An asari Embraces Eternity with him, she catches his insanity and starts trying to either kill herself or build a Marker. This will quickly screw up relationships.

Also Jack gets jealous. Violent biotic catfights ensue.

actually, i am pretty sure Isaac simply has too metal nervous system and i think Ardats would most likely fry themselves like banshees

Well, I never said they survived the experience, just that they might get real fuckin' weird before they burn out

Sorry, as a little independent slave of intensity I just wandered off and wondered how would that feel. Frying your own brain out in last electric spasm of an agony orgasm.

That's literally what the Ardat-Yakshi do to their victims.

See it from a bit wider angle, mate. As Ardat, all you can do while melding is to fry the other one, to GIVE intensity, not to feel it as the one "melded". As a power freak feel-seeking one might be, this one particular feeling would elude them, would not be available. And that is where Isaac would come in handy, serving as a silver mirror. a taste of own medicine. If you would be a master of slaves all life, unable to change and willing to try it anyway, wouldn't you pounce at first opportunity to do so?

>>ALL THESE SQUARES MAKE A CIRCLE ALL THESE SQ

GURPS. Eveything is practically already there.

I'd told you to fuck off with that
but we are on Veeky Forums
so have this haiku and gently wander somewhere else

youtu.be/XiSB8W7lsHg

The events of the last few years raced through Isaac Clarke’s mind as the Brother Moon filled the Terra Nova’s bridge windows; The Ishimura, Titan Station, and finally the events on Tau Voltanis and the race to get off that dead world to warn Earth. Somewhere in the background Carver was shouting something at Isaac, but the fact that they were moments away from crashing made anything he had to say irrelevant. Time seemed to slow down as the ship began what was probably going to be a catastrophic crash on the surface of the ancient, unknowable space born horror. As the chair Isaac had braced himself against was ripped out of his hands as he catapulted forward, he had a moment to notice the way the bow of the ancient vessel began to buckle and splinter on impact, the spider’s web of cracks the played across the window he was rapidly approaching, and perversely the sudden energy spike in the Shock Drive.

That’s odd; Isaac had time to think calmly. Time reasserted itself, the window rushed up to meet Isaac’s helmet, and then-

Light.

Light and pain.

In a millisecond that seemed to stretch years Isaac felt as if every particle of his body had been ripped apart and scattered at unimaginable speeds. With a jolt the pain disappeared, leaving in its place a sense of dislocation not unlike a full body sleeping limb and vertigo. A second lesser impact drove what little air he had in his lungs from his body. After some inner searching he realized the blinding light was coming from a bright set of lights above him, that he was laying on his back, and someone nearby was speaking.

“-ansport complete. No ardent energy detected. Tether source unknown.”

“You mean they didn’t come from Hell?” replied a second voice.

“That is correct,” the first voice replied. “An energy spike originating outside known quantum frameworks was detected at the exact moment the tether was recalled.”

The voices sounded…odd, electronic. Further, the first voice was definitely coming from some sort of speaker in the room while the second was coming from only a few feet away. Blinking to focus his eyes Isaac rolled his head to face the speaker, and then blinked again at what he saw. A large, obviously mechanical figure was approaching him while a second figure dressed in bulky green armor stood behind the first not quite pointing a large double barreled weapon at Isaac’s head.

“How unusual,” the mechanical standing over Isaac said. “Who are you and just where did you come from?”

Isaac answered both questions by retracting his helmet and vomiting on the pristine metal floor.

Sorry for the long delay on getting these up life threw some wrenches into my plans. Things are more or less back on track now and I'll be aiming for a post or two a day, no promises though.

As a side note I'm going to try something different with writing these, thoughts and criticism are welcome. Hope this goes over well.

>DOOM SPACE
>EXPECT BRO-EST OF BROS, smashing and STOMPING everything in their path.

Does, admittedly HAVE moments of that, but mostly entails Doomguy being... well... Doomguy, while Clarke following in his wake, grumbling and cavetching because he has to keep fixing EVERY. DAMN. THING.

Though he will admit fighting literal hell spawn has been both cathartic AND somehow suppressing the Markers effects. And fun, though he'll never admit it.

It's snowing on mount fuji
Look forwards to seeing more of it bruv

Well holy crap. I decide to check Veeky Forums for the first time in months and here's the dead space threads I remember having so much fun making a theory about Issac Clark slowly becoming part necromorph simply due to regular tissue death.

>Isaac Clarke slowlu becoming a necromorph due to marker signal in his braincase and slowly dieing
That is the single most terrifying fucking thing I have ever heard in my life

>Shepard! I need you to tell me I can leave the Normandy of I want to!
>you can leave th-
>BITCH DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

>Creating a new thread when this one barely has any posts yet.
You /v/ tards are quickly wearing out your welcome.

Why the fuck would someone create another thread? Just let it die after telling that dumbass that we already got one up.

Because you lot are a lot of out of place fucks. Please take your shit group and go back to /v/ when this one finally dies.

that idea is so stupid, but I can't help but love it

Because /v/ would shoo it off like they do any discussion

things are usually slow in the daytime. Nighttime is when these threads usually see action. Just like last time

How much dead tissue is required before the Marker starts animating it?

not too much. According to the logs in DS1, cells under the microscope were starting to kill living cells as long as they were actually separated.

This does create a bit of a plothole since blood and skin cells in a person's body are consistently dying and being replaced at a prodigious rate. If this is true than exposure to a marker signal would pretty much immediately turn people into necromorphs because a portion of most of the cell types you're carrying around is always dead.

Im sure others have already told you despite your excuses. Do not start a thread with very little to show for it. We do not do "parking" here so you can appease your ego. Veeky Forums has seen a lot of writefags in its time and you are quite honestly shit at it. Maybe you will get better or maybe you will prove to be garbage like most say. Regardless, do not make other people spam threads for you and instead maybe start it yourself with a pastebin link of actual new content then commence discussion rather than what you are doing now.

The only way to bypass this to make Markers unable to process the idea that dead cells can exist inside live things.

>No that thing's alive. I can feel the dead stuff inside it, but it's still connected to the living stuff, so the dead stuff is still alive. See?

Then allow the Marker signal undergoing self-editing recursion in Isaac's head to finally grasp the concept that as long something is dead, it doesn't matter about the particulars, fucking animate it.

>Suddenly, Necromorph outbreak.
>Find the Unitoligists! No Unitoligists?
>Find the freaky MIB from DS2:S! They aren't even here?
>Find the Marker! Where is the Marker? WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE NECROMORPHS COMING FROM?!

The only question is how are the Nu-Necros formed?
A person slowly rotting from within until their skin sloughs off?
Or chestburster style?

>threads up
noice.

juke, where are you, i require aditional storys

What makes you think that's what's happening? If the threads die, so be it. They're not about me.

coming up

stuff's about to get a lot more serious a lot faster too. I decided pacing was way too slow last time. it was all on the fly and a bunch of insane nonsensical escapades strung together by a timeline. Time to rev it up a bit faster

Thread carefully Juke, once you bring them into the world, it's game over man... GAME OVER!

Don't worry, "they" are a way off. I mean, I guess that's kind of a spoiler, but we all know it has to happen

You're going to love how it happens, though

Oh my...

The lives of all the people will jump the shark.

Wait, no.

This will be an understatement.

Posting obligatory Nostalgia Critic clip.

youtube.com/watch?v=RFoElza9NE0

When an Ardat-Yakshi tries to Embrace Eternity with Isaac they die. Something about the mutation enhancing the bottled crazy. In any case it's not a good way to go.

thank you juke

>Month 2, day five

>Usual load of work until my freaking arms fall off today. Starting to set things up for final presentation. Tomorrow's the last day to prepare. The guys found some old RIGs in the SC ships. Unusually good condition. Seemed to have belonged to some sort of spec ops unit.

>Had a little talk with Nezala during down time. She's still kinda taking heat from brass, probably because of Xen. God, what a little shrew. Suddenly, her CO has been denying her leave, her monthly pay disappeared because somehow their system magically went haywire, all sorts of crap. Can't say it's all been sunshine and roses for me either. Head's been killing me. I appreciate the space they've given me to work in, but it's not as well-ventilated as I would have liked. I mean, holy crap, even CEC would be embarrassed. We just kinda talked for a minute. Both of us were kinda stuck and not sure where we we're going next. I still don't know if I'm rolling with this Shepard guy yet, but Nezala says he's good people. At least someone's vouching for him. Nezala's been thinking of resigning. Apparently this wasn't the first time she's been pissed with her superiors. From what she tells me, they sound a lot like some of the assholes I worked with in the CEC. No actual experience, grandfathered in by someone who had connections, and generally shit. Problem was that she didn't know where else to go. She really didn't have anyone outside the fleet. Kinda funny how that goes. All I got right now is Shepard, if anything. I miss Ellie. I miss John. I really hope they're here too, somewhere.

what if John and Ellie ended up in their own separate Game universes?

shhhhhh....
>Month 2, day six

>Deadline's a few hours away. I'm tired as hell. I'm surrounded by a bunch of beat up crap that's taken forever to fix. It's a wonder I can even record anything I'm so out of breath. Stasis modules, gravity tether tech, RIGs, Shockdrives. Pile that on top of all the odd looks and constant questions I've been getting from everybody. Council reps came earlier today and started grilling me. Had some scientists with them who apparently studied Jettan top to bottom to find any anomaly. Listened to their useless report telling me they still don't know how I got here. based on electromagnetic readings, they suspect some sort or singularity event. Whatever. I've stopped caring. I just want to go home, or even have a home to go to, dammit. I think I've made up my mind. Shepard might be the best route as long as I don't have to fight. If i can help people without everyone crawling all over me, then hell yeah, let's do it. Kinda sick of stewing here wondering what my next step will be. He showed up today. Came with the quarian chick and some new freak-show. Couldn't see his face behind his helmet, but boy was he a smartass. Maybe I'm just being too touchy. Guy didn't mean any hostility, I'm sure. I just can't wait until this is all over.

>Council members spoke to me a little more over hologram. Kinda drowned out everything they said. Just more "pleased to meet you" and other shirt and tie drivel. Getting pretty sick of it. They just look and sound like every thick-skulled politician I've ever heard. Only guy that seemed worth a damn was that Anderson guy. he was a lot less fake than the others were. Tempted to say that's because he's human, bu to be fair, I haven't had much contact with aliens outside of the quarians here on the fleet. Apparently he's in good with Shepard. That's good news. If this is who I'm rolling with, looks like I made the right decision. I hope.

>END LOG

On the topic of "Asari getting their brains fried by the remains of the Maker signal in Isaac's head", how's this for a premise: Morinth comes across a lonely Isaac at a bar on Omega, attempting to drink himself into oblivion.

One thing follows another, and they end up back at her place. They embrace eternity, and Morinth gains a view into the remains of the dead god that tried to force its way into Isaac's head.

And she falls in love with it.

Cue blackout. When she comes to, Isaac is long gone, but now Morinth is obsessed with finding him and getting another look inside his head. No matter what she might unleash.

So, anybody ever stat Isaac for Unknown Armies? I think its one of the few insanity systems that can accurately and simply describe his level of mindfuck. Some kind of adept he might be, but his steel determination and seemingly infinite willpower could be a result from channeling the Warrior. He's probably a soon-Godwalker. He still has immense mental scarring, but by Dead Space 3 he's an avatar and can simply ignore any and all necromorph related stress checks. Too bad he's already bonkers.

Fact: none of these shitty video-game thread ever have anything to do with adapting them to tabletop, and you all know this. Just fuck off to Veeky Forums.

Veeky Forums sucks, so no

Veeky Forums has good taste in Vidya. I don't see the problem.

Sounds pretty sweet! Dude, if you wanna write that go for it! me and Zaeed can't be the only ones!
It's teh same grouchy guy. let him stew. No need to egg him on and create drama

>Dude, if you wanna write that go for it! me and Zaeed can't be the only ones!
Eh, maybe. Don't really have the amount of free time I used to, and I don't feel as though I have a good enough grasp of Morinth's character.

I've only recently come into my powers of insight, and it's been a long time since I played Mass Effect.

well, if you have it, bust it out! That helped Ardy a lot and to be honest, I might have to do that too

Isaac looked out of the porthole in his quarters. Among the familiar ships in the flotilla were several notable newcomers. In addition to the Normandy, he could see other ships docking with the main live ships of the flotilla. he didn't recognize nay of the insignia, but it wasn't hard to deduce why they had come. No doubt there were reporters, scientists, special interest groups ready to see Isaac's demo. He squinted at them with an exhausted contempt. He didn't know what Shepard was planning to do with him, and he couldn't expect the shrewd commando to pander to him forever. Still though, there had to be some sort fo break he could afford him, even if only for a but a fleeting moment.

Isaac got a call on his omni-tool. Nezala's familiar, somewhat tired voice called out over what sounded like a huge din in the plaza. "hey Princess, show's almost on. You about ready? Everything's set to go in about an hour."

"I'll be ready. Sounds like everyone in the fleet's ready too..."

"Them and just about everyone in Council space. We've never had this many outsiders on board. Security's got their hands full." Nezala said, as the din behind her continued to roar on. "How have you been holding up?"

"Eh, I dunno." Isaac said, cracking his neck and knuckles. "I mean, I'm tired of all the nonsense that's been going on for a month, but to be honest, I do like this kind of stuff sometimes. Fixing all this crap up was a pain in the ass, don't get me wrong, but tech normally doesn't backtalk you or get in your face much."

"You're still throwing a tantrum over that, huh?' Nezala asked with some friendly sass.

"Oh no, you're good." replied Isaac as he stepped out of his quarters and walked to the main atrium, accompanied by an armed guard. "It's just kind of a way for me to cope with everyone's BS, I guess."

>I might have to do that too
Juke, do you actually know where you're going with this?

Just because more than one person has a less than positive opinion of you doesn mean its the same person.

Apologizing in advance for the wall of dialogue I had to rush this a little. I'll probably rewrite it at some point.

“I’m going to be brief,” Director Samuel Hayes said a short while after Isaac’s unexpected arrival. An awkward introduction had followed, accompanied with Isaac’s panicked warnings about the Brother Moons and all that came with them. “We are in the middle of a crisis. Under normal circumstances you would be held and evaluated until I knew exactly how you managed to arrive here, but as it stands I’m forced to ask for your help containing this situation.”
“There’s no time for that! Earth is under attack!” Isaac yelled back. “I’m surprised the Moons aren’t here right no-“
Hayes cut Isaac off sharply. “Mister Clarke, focus please. Earth is not under attack. There are no rogue stellar bodies orbiting this or any other planet in the Solar System. And I have never heard of an Earthgov, church of Unitology, or anything that fits your description of these Markers of yours. However if we do not deal with the current situation at hand things will be a great deal worse for everyone.”
“But where did they go?!” Isaac cried. “They were there! I saw them! Hell, I crashed into one! Weren’t you listening to me?”
“I was, and to answer your first question I suspect ‘they’ didn’t go anywhere, you did,” Hayes replied with forced patience. Vega, have you made any headway on locating the origin of Mister Clarke's signal?"

“Yes Director,” the nearby console replied, making Isaac jump. He knew it was just a computer responding but saying he was ill at ease was a monumental understatement. “I am still compiling data but every indicator I have points to an origination point beyond our current space time boundary.”

“In short, you’re not in Kansas anymore Mister Clarke,” Hayes continued. “Back to the matter at hand; if you are as accomplished an engineer as you claim your presence here is a godsend. My silent companion here, while very adept at combating the invaders, lacks the technical knowledge that would make possible at least one course of action that will mitigate the damage done to the equipment in this facility. Equipment that I must stress is vital to the survival of the human race.”

“Let me make sure I understand what you’re telling me Director,” Isaac replied hotly. “I’ve been ripped from my…what…dimension? I’ve landed here in the middle of an invasion by literal demons from literal fucking Hell, and if I don’t help clean this up we’re all dead?”

“That’s a gross simplification of the situation, but accurate enough for now,” Hayes replied with a trace of humor in his voice. “I can’t force you to help contain this, Mister Clarke, and for the record I’m reasonably sure my companion in the next room will be able to handle anything he runs into. I’m asking you, for the good of mankind, to help me contain this with a minimum of damage to this facility. If you don’t want to get involved, fine, I understand. But if you turn me down that will be it. You will receive no support from myself and will be all alone in the face of what is to come.”

"But I don’t know how anything here works!” Isaac protested, stalling for time to come to terms with what he was hearing. “I don’t-“

“Vega and I can walk you through anything you require assistance with,” Hayes overrode Isaac yet again, voice turning hard. “We are pressed for time. I need an answer, and I need it now. Are you going to help us and yourself, or are you on your own?”

Isaac frantically looked around the room, feeling trapped and lost. He was in over his head, he knew that. He wasn’t just up shit creek without a paddle, he was didn’t even have a boat and the creek was about to turn into a water fall.

“Alright, fine! You win!” Isaac snapped. “I’ll help sort out and ‘contain’ you’re damned problems! Just tell me what I need to do to get out of this shithole alive!”

“Excellent. Welcome to the team,” Hayes said, his voice back to the calm and composed tones Isaac had first heard when he arrived. “Let’s get you introduced to your partner in this endeavor and get the two of you on your way.”

And that's all I've got for the time being. One more post of dialogue then the Rip, Tear 'n Stomp will begin. If it'll make the "this ain't /tg related now git" crowd shut up and go away I'll pause things after the next dump and write up the time my Shadowrun group shot Altman and kept the world from being Made Whole.

Inb4 Shepard punches a reporter. (or several)

The way i initially thought of it was something like a zerg infestation. It just kinda starts showing up on your body. If you get a cut it would obviously start spreading rapidly from that point. Basically any damage to your body leads to a new vector in the necromorph infection on your body. The best you can do is not get hit and simply hope you can destroy the marker before enough of your tissue is taken over and you end up dying to organ failure or something becoming a full necromorph.

Bump

Hehe

Hey Juke, do you have a drive or something where your putting these?

I'm enjoying this

pastebin

pastebin.com/u/jukebox

Bump