>Amonkhet
>Hour of Devastation

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztlán
google.com/#q=Atlazan&nirf=Aztlan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Hell is Atlazan?

Seems like the next plane after Amonkhet. The name and background art makes me think Mesoamerica. Seems like they'll do the whole conquistadors showing up thing, which will probably result in a political shitstorm regardless of how they play it.

Nice to see Vraska again at least.

Aztec inspired plane I'm guessing. Look at the background of the packs and you can kind of see an Aztec/Mayan calendar, it seems not!Aztecs are gonna get conquered by not!Spaniards again.

Ten bucks white people are the villains of "Atlazan"

Well, the Spaniards were a) white and b) objectively horrible people.

Mind, the Aztecs were also objectively horrible people.

There was a lot of horribleness happening in Mexico in the 1500s, is my point.

Atlantis-Mexico?

what an odd fucking choice

The conquistadores weren't exactly great people, so that'd be pretty historically accurate.

Not to say the Aztecs weren't so horrible their neighbors were glad to be rid of them, but it's not distorting history to show conquistadors being fucking dicks to everyone they come across.

> result in a political shitstorm regardless of how they play it.
Hyped as fuck

Obviously, and Veeky Forums is going to get five kinds of buttblasted about it. Hopefully they're all tuckered out after all the POOLOO and KANGZ from the previous two sets though. I'm just tired of the fucking memeing and shitflingling.

I know that both were horrible assholes and seriously, at the time and space I can't say who is in the right or the wrong because it happened in the 1500's. My point, is that this"Atlazan" plane is going to show that the not!Aztecs were a bunch of friendly nature loving people, while the not!Spaniards are a bunch of assholes who bring industry and other stupid crap. Basically, instead of making it as not!Aztecs and not!Spaniards going at it, it's going to be about how wonderful the not!Aztecs are and how horrible the not!Spaniards are, and the not!Aztecs will win because "friendship".

Actually, given the name of the set it seems like they might show a relative amount of grey. Conquest of Power seems to imply that it's just big empires fighting it out, with the little people caught in between.

Tenochtitlan was the 4th largest population center in the world, before it got destroyed.

This is the dumbest leak ever.

It comes from a fucking WIZARDS CUSTOMER SURVEY

Someone must be losing their job for this

I'm liking that cat masked babe.

>The gatewatch is contacted about the not!Aztec empire, which still does the tributes and human sacrifices thing and is doing their neighbors a concern
>They debate whether to help (Gideon at least is against meddling in planebound politics), but some of the neighbors found other outside assistance against the common enemy, the not!conquistadors.
>The gatewatch realizes very quickly that TWO evil conquering forces are going to war and something something Vraska and get involved.

I know?

It still has nothing do with Atlantis

>more Ajani

I'm in.

The leak hasn't been up for an hour and the OP has already deleted his account. Someone's getting exiled

You think they won't have blood sacrifice and heart offerings to their gods?

>Aztec-sounding name
>pics of boosters from future sets
This isn't so much bad at magic as plain retarded in general.

the fuck makes atlantis relevant?
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztlán

Sure, Spaniards are the Africans of Europe, but they were still infinitely better than those they met across the Atlantic.

Nope. The not!Aztecs are the non-aggressors, thus they must be better ethically then the aggressors, the not!Spaniards.

The thing is that I've heard nothing about it, and a Google search of "Atlazan" turns up nothing relevant,

google.com/#q=Atlazan&nirf=Aztlan

And those boosters look photoshopped as fuck.

So you'll forgive me for being circumspect concerning whether or not this is the next set after Amonkhet.

The Aztecs believed themselves to originate from a place they called Aztlán.

The real question is does the art on the boosters come from anywhere else. Typically if it's a fake you can find the art on somebody's DA or tumblr or something.

MAN I wish I could see the future like you. Then again, it must be difficult, being so clairvoyant.

>The thing is that I've heard nothing about it, and a Google search of "Atlazan" turns up nothing relevant,
Uh, because it's just been announced/leaked? What do you think you'd have heard or found on a google search after the Amonkhet announcement first went up

>So you'll forgive me for being circumspect concerning whether or not this is the next set after Amonkhet.
Well sure, every leak might be fake, but it's patently obvious that it's meant to be the next block, whether genuine or fake. So
>The Hell is Atlazan?
is still retarded as fuck and you're not making yourself look any brighter by pretending that wasn't what you were talking about.

Don't worry, within the next few years, you, lots of people on Veeky Forums, and myself, will die in nuclear fire. So yes, it is difficult to be clairvoyant. ;^)

Too much new art to be fanmade and the story we're provided is plausible. The first stages of product development are not very polished so that's why they look photoshopped to you and some guy forgetting about his NDA is entirely possible. I'd be very surprised if this is fake, considering the OP panicked and deleted his account without even removing the post

He's just making excuses for his idiocy in the first post

>Conquest of Power
This shitty name alone makes me think its a shoop. Still. That's some pretty solid artwork.

Haha wow the guy is in full panic mode. He's deleting everything with the same username.

>spray out his name
>don't spray out the tag that has his name

nice

I goofed too. Doesn't matter really as I can't seem to find anything on him. The only thing he had under the same name was a tumblr so the only thing remaining are his reddit/tumblr posts in content rehoster sites.

That's not the half of user's tardery. Rosewater's blog is there for anyone to see.

The aztecs builded their capital on A FUCKING LAKE. For reference, it is like building Venice wihtout the islands under it.

Can i get sauce on this shit? I'm not seeing it on the WOTC website.

Their pyramids were piles of rocks with masonry on the outside. Egypt's pyramids were actual buildings.

Plus someone in the reddit comments mentioned his username and you can see it with Uneddit. Now that I think about it, I may be screwing this guy up by linking him to the leak but I'm sure I'm note the only one who screencapped it.

Tomorrow I'll probably wake up to an announcement from wizards.

Nigga it's called a leak. It is the source.

not*
I'm sure I'm not*
fuck I need sleep

>Tomorrow I'll probably wake up to an announcement from wizards.
Wonder how many judges they'll ban this time!

No shit. Where are you people getting the images from?

His reddit account is still cached by google, and there's easily enough info on there to fuck him good. Serves him right.

Someone leaked it on reddit, then went into full panic mode and tried to cover their tracks ineptly.

That is fucking hilarious. Someone just got fired.

Read the thread you major grade retard.

>Jungleland plane.
>STILL NOT FUCKING MURANGANDA!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCK YOU WOTC!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>cave men and dinosaurs = Aztecs

The real criminal act here is that we're getting Egypt and Mesoamerica and no snake people. Even Japan got them, but the places they belong?

Considering the Disney movie that did basically the same shit, not really.

I would have preferred we go to Muranganda instead of another plane with jungleland themes. This means we are even LESS likely to ever go to Muranganda, because now we have a jungleland set/plane. And we will probably revisit this jungleland plane again in the future over Muranganda.
Fuck WOTC.

Honestly I'd rather a brand new primitive world place instead of Muraganda.

Just shut up and give me my Egyptian God Cards in MTG already.

It was leaked in a customer survey by Wizards that many people, including me, recieved

I bet she's the Not!Bastet cat god.
She looks mono white, though. I would've guessed the gods to be tricolor. But maybe she's just a random champion. After all, Amonkhet is about people facing trials so Bolas can have his army of qualified fighters.

Here you go.

>Not wanting to ride dinosaurs and shoot lasers at shit.
Get out.

>Honestly I'd rather not have dinosaurs and giant dinosaurs and other prehistoric megafauna
yeah well your opinion is bad and you should feel bad

>hour of devastation star a cool looking mummy

I'm ok with it.

Sure I do. Just not Muragandan dinosaurs.

>leaking something on Reddit instead of Veeky Forums

I guess some people just want to be the target of a law suit.

That isn't Yawgmoth

WE MEXICO PLANE NOW

>instead of Veeky Forums
Right because Veeky Forums, formerly run my Christopher "I need to see IDs and get a signed contract from internet people" Poole, is always run to protect posters.

Certainly more so than Reddit.

aka purely accidentally thanks to the format of the website.

>I bet she's the Not!Bastet cat god.

I bet she's Elspeth, rescued from the Theros underworld and enslaved by Bolas.

Why would Bolas care about another plane with gods and a random person he hasn't even met?

Are there even any connections between Bolas and Elspeth? Elspeth -> New Phyrexia -> Tezzeret -> Bolas - is all I can think of. Or did they meet during the Conflux on Alara?

I mean, I think she helped Rafiq kill Malfegor, but would Bolas care?

elspeth is dead as shit, and she's gonna stay that way until ajani rescues her and NTR's her from daxos

>that moment when Ajani told Tamiyo and Narset that Elspeth would not be joining them in their story circle

Ajani was a cool dude. Why'd they relegate him to second-class planeswalker and give us Scowling Human Male?

just because he's not in the limelight as much doesn't mean he's second-class. he's kind of the "wizened old guy who's better than you but you're okay with that because he's cool" planeswalker now.

The multiverse might as well be changed into a earth-like planet at this point with a bunch of nations.

>fantasy Central Asia plane
>fantasy India plane
>fantasy Greece plane
>fantasy Mesoamerican plane
>fantasy Egypt plane
>fantasy Eastern Europe plane

What's next, fantasy Liberia?

>Still no Roman Empire plane

Nah. Ice/Tundra Plane. Semi-industrial like Kaladesh, but not quite there, like WWI style.

MTG Plane of Mother Russian, complete with fur hats and coats.

What is Theros?

>implying they won't go to the Norse plane after all this

Maybe
Maybe
The white conquistadors are new phyrexia
and mesoamerica plane gets BTFO'd to show us new phyrexia ain't phucking around.

>What's next, fantasy Liberia?
Nah, can't have anywhere that makes westerners look like good guys and third-worlders like like incompetent savages.

Mine is more:

-Maybe
-Maybe
-The had better release some Legendary Enchantment Creatures in this one
-Also this one. Quetzalcoatl inspired Commanders would be sick.

Everyone is a villain in mexican history.

>Legendary Enchantment Creature: Dragon Bird God

Every set that isn't Muraganda hurts

There are lots of things to complain about concerning Magic's current story and worldbuilding, but this ain't one of them.

In the good, old times we had fucking Venice: The Plane and Medieval Japan: The Plane and we fucking loved it.

I still miss Dominaria.
No plane will ever again be as great as Dominaria.

If this shit isn't BR empire vs UB conquistadors with a bunch of naya/jeskai tribes of losers caught in between. It's not at all like the conquest of mexico.

Don't think the text box could hold all that. It can barely hold
Legendary Enchantment Creature: God
As is.

Bruh, you're aware that Liberia was founded by westerners and destroyed itself due to their self-important perception of themselves, right?

>What is Theros?
>Not being able to tell the difference between Greek and Roman

Tenochtitlan was Atlantis if you compare it to other stone-age cultures.
They refused to use metal in industry and didn't even need to because they completely dominated the power of water.

Exactly: it's what happens when African-America gets to govern itself.

Aztec pyramids are mausoleums, at the bottom and temples at the top, the insides were blown up on purpose by jesuits.

source or it didn't happen

Amonkhet: Bolas creates trials for people who mostly just die, those that ascend to planeswalkers are met by him who convinces them that they are gods and makes them naive to the true nature of the multiverse. They revere him as their own god and he makes them hunt down the Gatewatch.
Hour of Devastation is Bolas's return to Amonkhet, wherin he plans to use the multiplanar device brought by Tezzeret to invade other planes with his gods/armies.
I believe we will see a new series of planeswalker/god cards that are either indestructible enchantments that become planeswalkers upon completion of a "task" or creatures that do so.

Oh, and the "Masterpiece" "Expeditions" from this block are going to be reprints of the 15 old Gods with new art and 5-10 of the new "god-walker" cards.

Spaniards are white?

>the fuck makes atlantis relevant?

uh, maybe the fact they spelled it ATLAzan and put a picture of a fucking merfolk on it?

Yeah that's retarded, ignores basic facts about the story and the product, and is going to be 0% accurate. Not a single thing could possibly be right.

They didn't"refuse to use metal" they didn't HAVE any fucking metal.