Warrior race

>warrior race
>always gets BTFO

Orcs suck the only setting where they are competent is Gothic. They shouldn't even be a thing in fantasy anymore some evil human kingdom would make a better villain.

Antagonists in stories usually lose, yes.

Did you just figure this out?

They are almost never main antagonists either they are always just cannon fodder until main villain race arrives.

I actually think it makes sense for a race/culture that focuses too much on fighting to lose anything other then minor skirmishes.

In one of my games we actually tried teaching a bunch of orcs how to fight in a group, but it failed EXTRAORDINARILY because they simply can't process it. It's simply not "Them".

But really I don't see why that would bother anyone, they're meant to be minor monsters and making them evolve would inevitably change what they are- and that's already half-orc territory.

Orcs are the big bad guys of many WHFB campaigns and stories.

Orcs are the big bad guy race of Tolkien's mythology.

Orcs are the main bad guys of Warcraft... until they got turned into the essentially main good guys with WCIII. Which is an upgrade as far as I can tell.

Orcs are the main antagonists of many low-mid level D&D adventures. Obviously, as you level up, you're gonna face bigger threats, but you're delusional if you think every adventure splat or book featuring orcs has them lead by a demon.

So yeah. Whatever bruh.

>Orcs
>bad guys of Tolkien's mythology

without some greater evil like Morgoth or Sauron leading them they are just a bunch of tribes raiding countryside

Not really applicable, they are literally created to fight on behalf of Morgoth and Sauron in Tolkien. They are the main enemy faction and they have rekt the fuck out of Middle Earth during their stay.

More like were rekt the fuck out by most inhabitants of Middle Earth. Even Hobbits could take on them.

They were the villains for thousands of years and annihilated civilizations.

Yes, the antagonists eventually lost, but they were a legit threat. Again, is the concept of antagonists losing new to you?

>anihilated civilizations

villages are not civilizations

>I've never read anything Tolkien, the post

>just raiding countrysides
Nigger so do the Dunelings. Theyre still fucking evil

And the Dundelings suck as well.

>>Orcs are the main bad guys of Warcraft... until they got turned into the essentially main good guys with WCIII. Which is an upgrade as far as I can tell.

And then WoW made both major factions of Azeroth into giant assholes who are only the protagonists of the story because the players are on their sides and the two factions are halfway teamed up half most of the time against factions that are far worse than they are.

>without some greater evil like Morgoth or Sauron leading them they are just a bunch of tribes raiding countryside
>RAIDING countryside
>not bad guys

Are you a complete fucking retard

>brutes who focus more on killing than basic strategy lose wars

Gee, who would've though it

He's saying that the problem with using orcs as antagonists is that their descriptions almost universally say that they're extremely good at fighting, and yet in actuality they frequently lose fights.

Nah they cool in Elder Scrolls.

That's why I play Hordes of the Things and created my own setting.

Another anti-orc thread. Woo, haven't seen a million of these in just the last three days alone.

I wonder who could be behind these threads?

Really, most non-human races in fantasy games don't really offer a compelling reason that they couldn't be just different cultures of humans. On the note of orcs, even Tolkien admitted to basing them off of Germanic and Hunnic barbarians.

>>warrior race

Lemme look under the hood, here...*there's*your problem, you have the wrong role-engine installed. That *should* be

>cannon-fodder race

There ya go.

Oh, and you're down a pint of ichor.

Orcs are horrible, they only ever die. I see nothing wrong with these threads.