Half-Orcs: Gary Gygax's sick crypto-furry perversion?

I can never really fathom the idea of Half-Orcs in my campaign settings. I simply do not believe a human female could physically conceive an Orc child. I believe that an Orc could very likely rape a human female (or male), but I do not think that they would have the ability to have children together.

The same goes for humans fucking dwarfs.

Good for you.

You sound triggered.

>but I do not think that they would have the ability to have children together.

Why not?

Orcs are made with dark magic and evil rituals. Half-Orcs happen when a normal person is subjected to that stuff.

Happy?

Don't have them then. The consequences are for you though.

Half-orcs aren't either. They're a separate race with similarities to both humans and orcs. There you go.

I agree. I don't think there's any other game that features half orcs or any half breeds for that matter.

The same reason that a human and a dog can't reproduce. They're not genetically compatible.

>The same reason that a human and a dog can't reproduce. They're not genetically compatible.

Why not? Orcs and Humans would have more in common than humans and dogs.

I can never really furthom the idea of non-furs in my campaign settings. I simply do not believe an anthro female could fursically conceive a human child. I furlieve that a furry could very likely yiff a human female (male), but I do not think that they would have the furbility to have pups togefur.
:3

The same goes for furries yiffing scalies.

>I believe that an Orc could very likely rape a human female
I agree op, the female body has ways of shutting that down.

Shit system, my system allows for any humanoid races within 1 size category of each other to have a half breed child

More like a Chimp mating with a Human.

Humans and Dragons are two races with the supernatural ability to fuck and have children with anything. Kinda like Gods.

Gygax felt very strongly that orcs are Always Evil and player characters have no business being evil.
The half-orc was him meeting his players in the middle when they kept bugging him to let them play an orc anyway.

The half orc has no reason to exist if you let your players have full orcs.

Orcs and Evil are a distinction Gygax didn't make.

When asked about killing Orc 'children,' didn't he quote Cromwell by saying "Nits make lice?"

> Half-Orcs: Gary Gygax's sick crypto-furry perversion?
I can tell you're utterly unfamiliar with both the history of half orcs and furries.

The furry fandom didn't start until the very early 80s, and was fairly small and easily overlooked until the internet came along. Half orcs were created in 1954 by Tolkien and made one of the core races of AD&D 1e published in 1978. So no, they couldn't be crypto furries since that fandom didn't even exist yet. And perversion? Your a moron who thinks with his penis and thinks everyone else is doing the same. They were a compromise between his players about playing full orcs since Gygax did not want those as a playable race. Sometimes people want to play something different because it would be fun.

>I simply do not believe a human female could physically conceive an Orc child
Well, your lack of ability to understand or conceive of it doesn't mean they can't. Orcs can respect and even find us squishy humans attractive, especially frontier tribes that have plenty of contact.
>muh genetics
This is a fantasy world where the races were crafted by literal gods, Earth genetics means nothing. They could follow lamarckianism, Rupert Sheldrake's Morphogenic Field theory, or any number of pseudoscientific or even mythical means of inheritance.

>The same goes for humans fucking dwarfs.
You've apparently never seen a shortstack thread or any good art of what a female dwarf looks like. Of course half dwarves only exist in one setting and they are sterile there anyway.

There sure are a lot of really stupid autists out this week.

People applying real world scientific principles to fantasy worlds are the fucking worst. Especially since they always do so inconsistently as a weak attempt to justify whatever dumb idea they want to advocate.

It's like, fuck. If you want your setting to work that way, just say 'The setting works that way'. Don't try to act like you're somehow being more 'accurate' than other settings which might do things differently.

This makes sense in a way, but only when thinking of sentient species, otherwise:

>giraffes and rhinos were literally created by the gods and their genes are only mythically real

>girhinos therefore make sense

I know it's reducto ad absurdum but I think it has a bit of a point

You're talking about settings where owlbears are a thing.

I'm pretty sure that in most settings orcs are just corrupted/mutated elves and if elves can breed with humans so would orcs.

Quick! Someone work up a girhino!

But they aren't the offspring of Owls and Bears.

Haven't you noticed the recurring trope that humans can breed with anything?

The Girhino? Aye, that's a fearsome beast. A strong body and great, powerful legs, capable of crushing a man. But the real horror is its neck. Unnaturally long, with a great curved horn at its tip, it can swing it like a flail or lunge like a spear, slaying armoured men with ease.

Actually it's usually just elves and orcs. You don't hear about half-dwarves or god forbid half-halfings.

>half-halfings.

One quarterlings, or three-quarterlings?

>You don't hear about half-dwarves

>a setting where every species can cuckold any other species

From a Darwinian standpoint, wouldn't every species' males be constantly genociding neighbouring species because of paternal doubt?

>a blue-bird fucks your wife while you were out adventuring

>come home to a house full of harpies

>burn down entire forests

Are you saying you DON'T want girhinos in your setting? Because now I'm into it.

Why orcs don't have a lower intelligence in 5e is beyond me, given that they are meant to be a real-world analogue to blacks which have a provably lower IQ (averaging around 85). Blacks are also usually stronger due to their more bestial origins. So orcs having +4 to Strength but -2 to Int, Wisdom, and Charisma makes sense. But since 5e is shilling for pro-diversity and now has trannies as part of the RAW, I guess they decided any racial penalties were "oppressive" so they removed them because that would be offensive to some people.

>meant to be a real-world analogue to blacks

This thread was already pretty fucking stupid before, but you somehow made it even dumber.

>as a general rule in my setting, anything can breed with anything.
>but there are rules
>the more fantastical the race, the more similar to the fantastical race it is.
elf+human makes a half elf that is slightly more noticeably an elf
demon+elf makes a half demon that is quite demonic looking/acting
Dragon+demon, you get a fiendish dragon
somewhere in a 3.5 splatbook, they released a chart that defined the general types of beings and how they relate to eachother for compatibility. it had to do with templates i think. i used that as reference.

Says who? A baboon can't reproduce with a chimp. Why should a human and an orc be able to?

See, I have a problem with that as well. Humans and elves should not be able to reproduce. They are too different both physiologically and in terms of culture.

Personally I blame Tolkien for presenting Aragorn and Arwen's son as if it's the norm.

Yes and it's just pandering to people's fetishes of wanting to fuck everything in sight. I have no problem with orcs raping elves but they shouldn't be producing offspring.

Humans and bonobos/chimps still can't.

It depends on the setting.

It's a fantasy setting.

There is no 'should' or 'shouldn't'.

You can have your preferences, and that's fine, but they are no more valid than the preferences of others.

Well, if orcs are objectively evil then it's just like killing the "babies" of any other animal to be honest.

I swear people today are massive faggots for not understanding that killing something that isn't a person is not important.

>killing something that isn't a person is not important.

Have you ever had a pet, or watched Ol Yeller?

Yessss... Good goyim! Race is a social construct after all. Mix it up goyim!

Quelthalas for the Elves. Dwarvenholme for the Dwarves. Human cities for everyone.

Gygax said a LOT of stupid shit. He also championed the idea of race as class. Are you also going to defend that?

Literally who

>I agree. I don't think there's any other game that features half orcs or any half breeds for that matter.

Warhammer Fantasy had half-orcs in earlier editions.

Half-elfs are pretty common.

I seem to remember an early Larping rules guide that included levels suggesting rules for both half-orcs, half-elves and half-trolls. Can't remember the name.

> given that they are meant to be a real-world analogue to blacks

I never fucking understood this. Orcs are literally always dressed like germanic or steppe barbarians, literally the opposite of niggers. Only warhammer with his savage orcs makes them somewhat african looking, and even in that setting the main race is based on the english.

It's a race in Dark sun.
Of course it's kinda cheating isn't it? Dwarfs and Humans have the same ancestor race in that world.

>implying that the human end game strategy isn't to breed out every pure blood elf, dwarf, and orc in existence so that there are only humans left

Oh, hey, look what I found among all the WW1 propaganda that Tolkien may have probably seen.

Hmmm that looks awfully orcish.

Orcs are to humans as mastiffs are to retrievers.

I haven't watched the movie, yet I know the kid shoots the dog at the end after he does something wrong. Because that's what you fucking do with animals. It was sad, of course, but the movie is not supposed to tell you that this is somehow the wrong thing to do. You won't shoot a human because he behaved a bit like a cunt, but it's 100% fine with animals.

Or at least it was before fags started confusing loving a pet with giving it human features that it does not have.

Half-Orcs pretty much existed as a concession because Gary didn't want Orc adventurers. They're existence is more or less vestigial because I doubt most people would mind full blown Orcs being playable nowadays.

>yet I know the kid shoots the dog at the end after he does something wrong.
Getting infected with an incurable disease is "doing something wrong"?

Kek it's true.

It sure isn't "doing something right".

I was sure I was told the dog was killed for attacking someone. Maybe I mixed it up with shit that actually happened in the farm.

Still, we don't kill sick people.

>Still, we don't kill sick people.
>what is euthanasia

I always thought Tolkien's orcs were based on slavic stereotypes and represented soviet communism.

Naw, I always pictured them as mongoloid or hunnic.

The orcs were a metaphor for the destruction and corruption of industrialization.

>what is euthanasia

A crime in most of the world, and considered an inmoral act by the majority of humanity.

Do you know how rabies kills you? It makes you the perfect drooling vector while being hyper agressive so you can spread the shit before putting you into a coma/paralyzed state where you can suffer and die. With people it's horrific and they would probably morphine you into a coma so you can just die that way. On a far a shotgun seems the sane solution besides the human "let it lose it's mind then dehydrate to death as its brain fries in the locked shed, hope it doesn't get out and bite someone causing them to die in this era".

I totally agree, i mean if a bird fucks a fox what are they going to have as a child? A box??

Which is precisely what soviet style communism was being an ideology of industrialism and materialism.

Nope. He served at Somme and fought the Germans. But the Orcs are very much about industrialization and corruption, often by war and its ugly effects.

Maybe because he literally described them as mongoloid or at least used the example of mongoloids to explain how they would be perceived as ugly for us.

Also this is canon too. It's important that orcs were supposed to be elves at some point (although it's not clear if this was retconed or not, the whole corruption theme stayed for good). Everyone can become an orc.

This is probably why Gygax didn't want them as adventurers and considered them always evil, by the way. They're not really just another race as much as they are a representation of what we could become.

Doesn't rabies just give most people seizures?

Also, we can kinda treat it now. I'd much rather have the chance of living that guaranteed dying.

>Racemixing
It's like you want your children to look nothing like you

Didn't Tolkein also say he didn't like that he never depicted a redeemed Orc, or that they appeared irredeemable? Something to do with religion?

In our setting the only sentient races are human dwarf and elf. since elves are only on the mortal plane during lunar events and on leyline intersections, half elves are uncommon, but not so wit the half dwarf.

But there's no necessary logical connection between:
>Certain species can reproduce with other species
>All species can reproduce with other species

Mixing races makes the best looking offspring. Scientifically proven.

You're just obsessed with commies or from eastern/central europe (if it's the second case, then it's normal you make this associations though).

But Tolkien was a brit and England is the industrial nation by default. They were the first to industrialise, they exported it around the globe and of course they were the ones who threatened the natural english landscapes that Tolkien loved so much. Strangers tend to forget how anglo-centric and britano-centric is his work.

Humans orcs and elves all belong to the same species, like different breeds of dogs

>instead of helping people die painlessly we should force them to suffer first
I bet you consider yourself moral, too.

>in this era
Nowadays it can be cured but only before symptoms manifest. Treatment involves a lot of painful injections.

Yes to all of this. Unlike protestantism (only some sects, actually) catholicism puts a lot of importance on what you do and your elections. And in the middle earth God exists and catholics were right. If orcs have a soul, it means they can be redeemed.

I think that Tolkien kinda wrote himself into a corner. He should've just stated that orcs are animals like the spiders and the wolves.

>Human bangs an Elf
>Elves don't need to sleep, live for extremely long periods of time, can see in the dark and are extremely agile.
>A-Okay for them to have children
>Human bangs an orc
>Similar lifespan to humans, very strong but only slightly more than a human, green, and can also see in the dark
>REEEEE NO IT CAN'T EXIST

To go even further
>Human bangs a fucking dragon
>Magical fucking creature
>Perfectly fine

Fuck off mate

>Orcs are an analogue to real-world black people
>"more bestial origins"
Alright Mr KKK, it's time for your meds.

>more bestial origins
YOUR origin is black people, you nigger. We're all out of fucking Africa.

>Scientifically proven
If that were the case, we wouldn't have feminists whining about "racist" beauty standards.

It's about upgrading vs downgrading the same reason your parents are more likely to accept an asian or jewish girlfriend vs a black one

You need the vaccines before you start showing symptoms or you're doomed to die in one of the most agonizing ways possible.

Your brain starts to deteriorate, like rapid-rapid-rapid onset dementia. What remains of your lizard brain begins to associate the pain you feel in swallowing with your saliva, and you develop an intense fear of water. You slowly die of thirst while your sanity slips away and you turn into a monster.

Zombie movies are real senpai, and there's no cure without vaccines. Good luck getting bit by bats btw, you often can't feel the bite or see it.

I can never really fathom the idea of none Half-Orcs in my campaign settings. I simply do not believe a human female could physically bring herself to mate with human males. I believe that a human could very likely rape a female, but I think she would tear the fetus out of herself with a spoon.

I'm aware of this, and obviously killing a rabid dog is the humane thing to do, but Old Yeller sure wasn't shot because Travis was pissed at him.

There's an experimental procedure that essentially puts you in a coma to prevent the virus from causing too much brain damage, and then waiting for the disease to run its course. It inevitably causes loss of some motor function and requires learning to move, walk, etc. again, but I suppose it's preferable to dying.

Fucking rabies, man. The only thing that spooks me as much as fatal familial insomnia. This is the reason I'm terrified of (small) bats.

Nah, it's not even half as scary as prion diseases are really.

>A box??
I like you.

Are you seriously comparing someone's parental approval of their lover with the genetic compatability of two species?

You know that sporadic fatal insomnia exists? That's something nice to think about when you go sleepings. This is onwme of reasons why I said that prion diseases are fucking scariest. Though I'd say heart diseases are pretty scary too because they're common as fuck (when you get older) and it's not unusual that first symptom you experience is myocardial infarction or even sudden death.

There's no evidence Orcs are even another species. They could just be a breed of humans.

Isn't the usual case that both humans and orcs are descended from elves?

Exactly

If your Orcs are magical then whatever, it's magic, doesn't have to make sense.

If you like the weird sci-fi fantasy settings, Orcs are just a very isolated race of human or a closely related hominid species, cross breeding should be possible.
In some of these settings Dwarfs are Homo Neanderthalensis, and they are known to have interbred with Homo Sapiens.

It is possible, and if it bothers you so much go do something else with your life.

> Dragons and magic are perfectly fine, but two people of different races having sex breaks my tiny brain

Fucking seriously?

I find it easiest to go with the "mixed race children are the race of the mother with some trates of the father's race. Generations of mass mixing can create a new mixed race.

Not always.
Look at Brazil, lots of mixed race beauties but lots of horrible mutants as well.

Coyotes (Canis latrans), can breed with Grey Wolves (Canis lupus), and produce fertile hybrid origin. Coyote DNA is found in most Grey Wolf populations in America, though it is rare in areas like Alaska.

Whoever made that did a bad job. There's a bunch of extra slivers on the right side.

Coywolves (the stupidest name ever) are a pretty amazing ecological development. They got all the best traits of both species.

>clickbait subject

Welcome to Veeky Forums, check 1d4chan for your outdated memes, here's your combo packet of skub/antiskub.