MTG EDH/Commander General

>"Mono-Green Card Draw" edition

Previous thread: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

Thread topic:
>Post a commander you've always wanted to build, but for some reason end up losing motivation to finish.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/807003341444161536
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/pharika-build/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rashimi-salt-crafter/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Post suboptimal theme decks

saprolings are fun as fuck

Always wanted to build a five color eldrazi with either Tazri or sliver hivelord at the helm

Best.

Oh man, how isn't that banned? And I thought this was boarderline over powered.

How about a janky combo ? This, ashnods altar, thopter foundry and sword of the meek.

Produce infinite mana with ashnods, sword and foundry than start producing tokens and drain the table.

move aside nerds

Goat in Titania. Kavu Lair is also pretty dece.

imagine pulling this as your mythic rare back in dark ascension

fuggin life gain man

This is my probably my favorite card in Magic, and it's certainly my favorite Legendary creature.

Right now, however, he's doing work as a member of the 99 in Brion Stoutarm, and I have so many red decks that building a mono-colored deck would require me to strip parts out of at least three of my other decks which include red. I'd probably also have to pull colorless support for him out of even more decks after that.

Even if I did do that, then I'd be stuck with the question of whether or not to run Ashnod's Altar, which is both ridiculously good with Feldon and a sticky flavor subject, because in all likelihood that altar is the same as the one used to torture Feldon's wife in the first place. Running it in a deck with Feldon at the head would just feel... icky, but not running one would make the deck needlessly worse, in terms of mechanics.

So, for the time being, I'm happy with running him as one in the 99.

>is also pretty dece.
Literally what? Did you have a stroke or something?

Predator's Instinct is very good if it's a deck that goes tall.

you'd be repeatedly reanimating wurmcoil engine or myr battlesphere with him anyway, the lore doesn't really work either way

Honestly best flavour interaction would be reanimating Solemn Simulacrum with him

He wanted to write decent but the kavus got him.

>you'd be repeatedly reanimating wurmcoil engine or myr battlesphere with him anyway
There are red cards that do cool things when they ETB or die. Just because he makes an artifact copy doesn't mean you have to build him necessarily as an artifact deck, although you certainly can.
But yes, copying Simulacrum would definitely be in the game plan.

you mean hunter's insight?

Yeah, my bad.

well he synergises a lot better with artifacts for obvious reason, they're also the best way for red to get card draw and ramp

and Kuldotha Forgemaster is bae

>have a pretty strong Memnarch ramp deck that's insanely boring to play
>come to the realization that the deck has enough support to be literally any colour
>spent all last week taking apart and remaking decks trying to figure out what would be fun
It seems I have reached an impasse. Right now, I'm torn between something Izzet and something Dimir, because I want to keep some of the blue goodstuff I'm running, but I'd be open to just about anything moderately fast.

Best SURPRISE deck tech?

go grixis the best of both worlds

>well he synergises a lot better with artifacts for obvious reason, they're also the best way for red to get card draw and ramp
That's a silly statement user. Sure, the ramp is pretty artifact dependent, but that's the case for every colour that isn't green or black. Red has the most consistent wheel and looting effects of any colour. The artifacts in feldon are nice, but really, you're running him to use cheap looting effects to fill your yard with fatties.

Reminds me of the time I played Enchanted Evening then Starfield of Nyx and didn't realize what was about to happen until everyone else at the table started laughing after being asked if I was really sure I wanted to do that.

On a scale of 1-10, how much hate do you think I'd gain if I played a deck full of shit like Steel Golem/Grid Monitor and gave them away?

>imagine
No need

Better than enchanted evening then someone dropping a Return to Nature.

So basically you killed all your lands?

you are small time

Anyone else building decks and including some cards mainly because of the flavor? I'm currently building an esper-themed deck and have to keep myself from throwing every alara-sphinx there is in it just because.

Yes. I sometimes forget that yes, lands are things your opponents can interact with - ie permanents. Probably a result of the fact I started playing long after land destruction was mostly gone from the game.

I still want to make a heavy enchantment-based deck that has a little chaos but not too much. Ideally my win con would be to wait until my fort is setup and everyone is drawing like five+ cards a turn, then drop forced fruition and sphinx tutelage. Can't figure out how to make something that doesn't take 20 turns to setup and pray no one fucks with me meanwhile, though.

I mean if you are playing enchantments: ghostly prison, propaganda, and most importantly: sphere of safety. Maybe norns annex too? Just tax people for attacking you and use tutors to find the stuff you need.

Alara sphinx are neat, if mostly over-costed. Magister Sphinx is a good way to piss off a table in a hurry. Enigma Sphinx is probably my favorite overall, just because with a little card draw and a sac outlet you basically get yourself cascade every turn.
Yeah, I have those, and a couple other things like Circle of Solace and Crackdown - the later of which I only played when I absolutely had to. Cowardice usually did a lot of work as well, until it was inevitably nixed, or my forting got people suspicious enough to kill me off before I did something dangerous.

Imagine pulling a foil one. I don't need to

I use both of those + sphinx of the steelwind and sphinx sovereign. the lattee mainly because I absolutely love the artwork of it.

Criminally underplayed.

I pulled a foil Ugin's Nexus from a box of Khans. I was furious.

That card is nowhere near as bad as archangels light tho

twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/807003341444161536
>Yeah these are real but just becuase we made all this new art and bothered to make package designs doesn't mean they're ACTUALLY real packages
Yeah what the fuck ever bitches

If you think it's that worthless give it to me.

It was actually stolen along with the rest of my bag out of my car.

It motivated me to foil out my Chainer since I had to buy every card all over again.

Hell yea

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/pharika-build/

Still needs more current tweaking, though.

I just posted it because that leonin's face matches the cheetah. It wasn't technically a speaking a reaction to that happening.

Anyone got the deck construction pyramid?

Since were complaining about shit we pulled. I was both legit mad and indifferent about this

How's this for card draw? Great in green fatty trample, especially when combined with Mark of Sakiko so you can cast that shit.

I think this was played in eternal workshop decks for a bit. I don't know if it still is since that was closer to Origins and it probably fell off of usage after the new toy thing wore off.

Shortly after Kaladesh pre-release I pulled a masterpiece Chromatic Lantern in a draft.
I then traded it for a Chandra, Nissa, and Spirebluff Canal - back when Chandra was $40 and Nissa was $20, mainly because I was convinced I'd never play Commander.
Welp.

I was going to say all those were pretty good but now in hindsight probably not worth a masterpiece Chromatic Lantern.

Dont worry user, i did a box split with a friend and i gave him the jace beyns produgy because i didnt want to be greedy, he traded it for half a pizza because it was worthless at the time.

Anyone?

>leaving your cards in your car ever for any reason

u wot m8

Is this a sad attempt for mono red players to justify why they're all daretti decks?

iunno man I just posted the thing cause the guy asked for it

Where does a Norin deck fall on the pyramid?

Enlightenment

user that would be lovely for my proliferate deck

I'm probably just gonna bite the bullet and buy one and possibly a sol ring...but knowing my luck as soon as I bought the sol ring they would ban it.

Hey guys im drawing a blank and need to play edh soon, whats the red enchantment that makes it so ground dudes act like flyers and flyers act like ground dudes. I cant seem to hit the wording on it in google because its so old and janky.

Oh wow, I like this. Finally a use for the Big Snakey Disappointment.

>Norin
My dude

Alright lads, You've got this spicy slut in a Sultai deck. How do you use her ability to destroy a person's lands while still keeping her alive?

I replace her with Kamahl, Fist of Krosa, probably.

give her +1/1 now cast yaheenis expertise, or go up one more toughness and cast languish

Thanks. It's definitely one of my favorites. I just brought it out of retirement and need to reevaluate it with newer cards.

Jolrael, into Polymorphist's Jest, into nausea

Any number of ways. Languish is the easiest, or Plaguewind.
If you want maximum jank, go with something like taunting elf, basilisk collar, howl from beyond.

Has anyone ever played Ixidor? I found my old magic cards and he's the only legend I have from back then so I was wondering if he's any good.

how does the pic you responded to and your comment have any connection whatsoever?

No, because you're stuck with mono-blue morphers.
For supposedly being some super powerful mage who could alter reality, he sure sucks.
But really, he's the ideal - he learned magic so he could make his waifu real.

I was actually looking into him the other day. I've always liked Morph as a concept.

The problem is that most of the morph effects, at least in mono blue, aren't super great. YMMV, but it didn't seem that fun, let alone good, to me.

Sounds like an enchant world. I'm not going to look it up because I don't feel like it but try that. There shouldn't be THAT many red enchantments though, I would just look through all of them.

I post feedback ITT all the time, but I don't know how to play blue.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rashimi-salt-crafter/

just target the first player who drops a wrath, that'll learn 'em

At least in mono blue you have the pickles combo. But yeah Ixidor is not good at all.

Alright while I'm at it is there any good morph commander's I where I could put him in the 99? I'm doing a card order for another deck and I have about $100 to spend on a janky morph deck.

ANIMORPHS!

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rashimi-salt-crafter/

Song of the Dryads and Propaganda can only help.

There really isn't any commander that is especially suited towards morphs. Kruphix is probably the best in the two colors morph was in in limited for Tarkir block, Animar is probably the best overall since he makes morphs free.

>Song of the Dryads
literally raping the color pie, delete this post

>Animar is probably the best overall since he makes morphs free.
Oh shit, that's a cool idea.

Chaosphere, from Mirage

Don't you have a Rosanne script to work on, Mark?

How about that, I just spent an hour battling TCG's cart system to buy an entire Commander deck. So long, $250.

Problem is, other than Ixidor, there isn't much you can do for a pseudo morph-tribal except pick a commander that plays into the colors of the best morphers and perhaps give some kind of creature interaction. Otherwise it's just kind of play morphers, hope they don't get nuked, then flip 'em for maximum niggery.
I kind of feel Monstrous/Ferocious would fit in with the flavor as well of 'sudden transformations,' but that's up to you.

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Notthebees.webm

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
THEYRE IN MY EYES
AAARRRRGGHHHDSFGHSDGHODSLGKSDLGSFKGSGGFKF

danke senpai

>Fucking literally who world after Amonkhet
>STILL no Muraganda dinosaur world
fuck wizards i hate you im quitting magic

Does that work on morphers? Don't they technically have the morph ability?

What's the point of Song of the Dryads?

ITS JUST FREE CASCADE. GO FUCK YOURSELF GREEN DESERVES TO BE GOOD.

Because its always mono red fags memeing that they only have daretti or etb triggers.

green doesn't deserve shit