Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

"It's clear that you degenerates cannot hold a thread on your own without fucking it up, so as of this point on, this thread is under Drow control. Degenerates will be given a spider bath." - edition

If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsterCodex/drow.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Given the header image of the last thread threatening a spider bath might not be the ideal way of scaring people into submission.

No adventurer worth his salt is scared of spiders, try me.

This. A spider bath is my fetish.

Bump

YES GOOD

BRING ME THE SPIDERS

>Complains about degeneracy
>Posts drow
>Threatens people with fetis shit.
You're either an actual retard, or a good troll.

Is Hunter || Inquisitor a decent gestalt combination? I'm thinking of going for the Preacher archetype on the Inquisitor side too.

Delete this thread and make a non-fetish OP after the last thread hits page 9.

Two 3/4ths spellcasters? No particular synergy?

What's the concept you are after here?

>getting a spider bath
>fetish
Uh guy, you okay there?

It is. Attribute synergy, double casting, all good saves, Pretty good.

I wonder, if you went Sacred Huntmaster, would you get two animal companions? I would guess so, since a Druid||Summoner could get an Eidolon and an Animal Companion. or a Sorcerer||Summoner could get a Familiar and an Eidolon.

The idea was to be a sort of agent of nature, for lack of a better term.
Basically the Lorax, but willing to be violent, and I didn't want to go with Druid because I've played one before and I was a bit unsatisfied with the way the class works as far as the focus on casting is concerned, and I never even used Wild Shape for anything but recon as a big bird, but I loved the animal companion, so the Hunter seemed pretty good.

I think you would get two companions, since they would come from different class features and therefore not run into the problem of overlapping but not stacking.

Are you too dumb to read? How do you even use Veeky Forums? How do you use a computer?
Did you forget in what site you were?

>Druid because I've played one before and I was a bit unsatisfied with the way the class works as far as the focus on casting is concerned, and I never even used Wild Shape for anything but recon
Hey there, I've only played one session of Pathfinder(first session of a TTRPGS period actually) and I rolled a druid. Could you elaborate on this a little?

PFG what's a way I could build a character to more or less emulate a demon hunter from diablo?
Not the ridiculous stuff like firing rockets from a crossbow mind you-- but things like using caltrops, crossbow traps, the occassional bomb, etc. to cover a hasty retreat when things inevitably go tits up in combat?

Ranger has traps. There is an archetype called Bolt-Ace I think for gunslinger, Hunter is a good choice.

DSP has a feat that lets you move your move speed as a swift action 1 time per encounter you can take up to 3 times.

Some kind of alchemist, most likely. Maybe vivisectionist.

>second one

That's a Cazador.

Ranger for favored enemy and traps. For non-magic using vidya characters you can probably find a way to do it with Slayer.

I would think the Demonslayer/Trapper Ranger archetypes multiclassed with Alchemist for bombs?

It's for gunslinger, yes.
It's not great, but it does help crossbows if nothing else.

... It's really too bad user doesn't want to fire rockets from his crossbow though....

The class is great; the problem is that I built it very wrong. I tried to be good at everything the class can do, but you kind of have to specialize in something to be really effective.

We were on 32 point buy, and I didn't know how to really deal with that, so I ended up with 14 14 14 14 15 14 before I put my racial +2 into Wis, making me heavily reliant on my casting over any of the other things the class is capable of.

I couldn't hit anything in melee because of my 3/4 BAB and 14 Str, and I went down easily because of light armor, d8 hit die, and 14 Con, so I was basically relegated to support caster duty when I had tried to build the character to be as versatile as possible.

I'm sure if I made another Druid I could build it much better, but for the moment I want to try something new.

So, you can see the images, but you can't read the message written in the same post? Did they name whatever genetic defect you have after you or did you lose even that chance of fame?

Gotcha. We had 15 point buy, and I also kind of tried to remain somewhat versatile. 14 str, 11 dex, 12 con, 12 int, 16 wis(was 14, but I'm human so +2), and 10 cha. And I'm also wanting to do a bit of both spell casting and wild shape, but with more of a focus on the former.

>not knowing what a Cazador is
>not knowing why it wants the spiders

>posts drow
Since when were drow fetish material?

... You're kidding, right?

TELL ME ABOUT CAZADOR!
WHY DOES HE WANT THE SPIDERS?

How does one incorporate an intelligent companion creature in such a way that they are a meaningful member of the party, without irritating the other players by "being the guy playing two characters at once"? How do YOU feel about someone trying to do that? Have you had players who have done it particularly well, or very poorly? Should companion creatures be always relegated to silent NPC tagalongs, and not actually be "members of the party" per-se?

How do you not know?

One of the guys in my group has a butler that goes everywhere with him, but now that you mention it, I can't recall if the DM plays him or the guy.

They're just a race and example of what would happen if women get into power.

Like do you think any guy would enjoy living like male drow do?

>15 point buy
I'm so sorry.

You have a pretty good stat array there though. I would personally swap your Int and Dex around to get the +1 to AC, Reflex, and Initiative, since you already have 5 Skill Ranks per level and none of the Druid's class features require Int, but other than that that's a great distribution for your extremely limited resources.

That's also a fetish, champ.

It's working pretty well for the Swedes, innit?

>He doesn't know

>Like do you think any guy would enjoy living like male drow do?
Do you know how much a dominatrix can make?

TO PARALYZE THEM IN AGONY AND LAY ITS EGGS IN THEM

I kept switching int and dex around but ultimately went with int(game already started, so I'm stuck with it). I went that route largely due to roleplaying reasons(my druid is essentially an ecologist that worships nature by learning about it/writing about it/studying it).

I'd love to marry a drow

No.

Oh that's awesome. I like the concept, and the Int investment makes a lot of sense.

>tfw no adorable Drow girls or guys applying for RotJR

>They're not Drow, they've just got a skin condition!

This is weird. I currently have a player who trusts everyone and everything, in and out of character, and is currently decked out in a near full set of unremovable cursed gear, and has a negative level and has been poisoned more than once from taking the wrong boys and girls to bed. He's nearly a burden on the others.

I've never encountered this before. Should my dungeons have more traps or something?

You want to break the poor lad? He sounds like a pure cinnamon roll.

It's a lot of money user. A few hundred an hour, easy.

You just gotta be SUPER nice to drow, and then they become cute! 100% certain that's how it works.

Wait until his curses stack enough to drop him below 2 int. Roll a new character, the cursed dude becomes the Wizard's new familiar.

Inflation fetishists are secretly geniuses. I can't believe they managed to pass off their shit as normal by simply changing the label to "THICC!!".

Sounds like he's already punishing himself. Maybe it should wrap around to a reward just for the sheer perseverence; when he completes the full set and has every slot covered by a cursed item, something wonderful should happen.

We are the dead.

>pure cinnamon roll

Are you reading the same post as I am? He's been spreading his glaze to long johns and doughnuts alike.

No user, we are the living.

Source?

This is what you get when you let DrowAnon start a thread

not posting Superior half elf.

Don't give up now, user!

Serious question.
Why are half-elves always 0.5 elf, 0.5 human?
Why don't we have half-elf half-merfolk, or half-elf half-bear?

What are the ability scores for Drow? I'm getting a mighty thirst to make one.

Hope for us is long gone

Second one is Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari. Not sure on the first.

Because shut up, that's why.

Not posting Delicious Brown Elf

+2 Dex, +2 Cha, -2 Con
With some SLAs, Immunities, weapon familiarities, and Poison Use

Best elf coming through

I'm pondering starting a reign of winter campaign; could someone give some advice on something?

I was briefly in a reign of winter game that completed maybe the first book and half the second. It always bugged me that the PCs are meant to be on the Baba's side. Exactly how much reworking would be necessary to have the PCs side with Elvanna but convince her not go ahead with her Snowball Golarion plan?

>All this drow posting

You'd have to change the entire AP, user.

That doesn't seem too impressive! What about a Drow Noble?

Elves have serious problems with fertility. That's why their population stays relatively constant even though they spend centuries as sexually mature adults.

Humans are just so fertile that they can make up for the Elven shortcomings and average out to normal baby making capacity.

Also anything with the "half-" prefix that isn't a halfling or half human is icky because P A I Z O

Those variants are in the Forgotten Realms.

I think that's a LeShay.

>LeShay

I always those were so badass when I was a kid.

Thanks for the responses anons. ranger/alchemist sounds about right-- just wasn't sure if there was some super prestige class/ splatbook combo or something I hadn't heard about.

and how exactly would one fire rockets from a crossbow mechanically in PF? wand chamber with fireball? I won't lie, rockets are awesome.

Every time a party gets held in honour of the party and their accomplishments they (primarily the bard) always steal all the silverware, and every time they do it gets more and more elaborate

what do

Explosive Missile Alchemist discovery.

Melt it down to make new Silver weapons
Hunt down Devils and Lycanthropes

Get better players who aren't kleptomaniacal murderhobos.

Alternatively, give them reason to not need to steal.

What I wouldn't give for the ability to make a magic missile based machine gun...

>siding with either of them
>not calling on the power of Ymeri

BY FIRE BE PURGED

They aren't murderhobos - they just, they just steal the silverware, and they're well paid - sometimes they even get paid at these banquets that they steal the cutlery from

I had something in mind when I made this NPC, but forgot it a week later.

I was also thinking about converting some of the Drow from the Monster Codex into something more challenging using 3pp options.

>paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsterCodex/drow.html

Spellburst savant or avowed.
Hold hands like you're using a machine gun
Go "badabadabadabada" in character

But... but why?

>Ymeri
>not Atreia

But user! Im trying to write a campaign around freeing the good elemental lords!

I, I don't know - they don't even steal anything else

>As you enter the building from the alley, the smell of the streets gives way to the scent of alchemy and incense. An elf with copper skin tinged with green rises from his desk. In the bright light, you notice his skin is tinged with green.

You mention that his skin is tinged with green twice.

YOU DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT

IRRISEN MUST BE PURGED

Are they under their WBL?

Why are they all dressed like maids, and why do Wolf girls in maid outfits look the best?

Where in the Savant page does it mention increased wand or spell cast usage? Also not seeing what you mean by Avowed.

Sounds like epic memery, user.

Memes are memes, so outmeme them with a meme of your own, you goddamn memester.

Drow Noble have a bonus to every mental, +4 to Dex, Spell Resistance of 11 + Character level, and a bunch of decent spell-like abilities to cast at will, including levitate and Deeper Darkness.

It's not as hugely overpowering as its 41 RP suggests but it is significantly stronger than normal races and not recommended for player use.

I was gonna have the gems scattered around golarion and possibly pull a captain planet reference!

Not currently

You can usually tell they're scrounging for every last penny when one of them asks what the giant runes in the floor are made of...

>Obviously platinum; you won't be able to dispel it all that easily
he said.

oh how he learned that night. how he learned.

>tfw you find out your GM hasn't been giving the items like cloak of resistance +1 or +1 armor that should be dropping from enemies in the module
>he says it's because he "can just adjust the numbers on his end" and "small bonuses are lame"
>we're 4000gp under WBL for level 5
>we started at 4th

Aether circus from the avowed is very similar to magic missile, and some of the spellburst savant fundaments function similar to magic missile as well.

I'll have to devise something truly devious, they'll be meme'd so hard they won't know what hit them