>Warhammer 40,000 General
>Warhammer 40000 General

Other urls found in this thread:

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/709878.page
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Exorcists

t. Lorgar

3rd for doubling Ork wounds and hull points fixes the army

I want to make a 1000pts Alpha legion list, any tips?

>lose every campaign you ever wage
>disliked even by the very Gods you worship for being incompetent edgelords
>turn to chaos purely out of daddy issues
>not the worst legion

Obsessive converter with free time issues here: Dubs decides what I try to tackle out of my to paint pile over the Holliday break.

I have at least one unpainted model from every Xeno faction, plus about half the imperial factions and every chaos except Nurgle.

Cultists and the aetifact that makes them zealots.

Throw in the termie annialation force and go nuts.

As for the "worst" bearers....a csm army with more warp charge then daemons is nothing to sneeze at.....

I'm not talking about rules, just releases.

GW even favored Khorne and Nurgle during End Times.

>Book 2, Nurgle
>Glottkin model
>Blightking unit

>Book 5, Khorne
>Plastic Bloodthirster
>Skullreaper/Wrathmonger unit

Tzeentch and Slaanesh got shit.

If you think ANY of the legion options are bad then you suck at 40k......

Tzeentch got the TSons line, though.

>2. The short answer is no. The long answer is that it's okay but not in the Troops slot, 30 termagant unit is way too big a tax for that shit. It was actually alright before the nerf to MC cover in the new FAQ but now basically all ground nids aren't worth shit.
Ok so are there any troops choices worth taking that aren't mucolid spores? I'd love to just putz around and experiment with everything, but this game is expensive and I'd rather have something decent to play with sooner considering how bad everyone tells me nids are.

>Trying to mess with a NL army in BS
>Adding a force takes 2 minutes and/or crashes
>finally add detachment
>no Raptor Talon
>mfw

Holy fuck why is BS so goddamn shitty?

I think the easiest place to start is by implanting activated triggers in the psyche of the recruiting populace of a space marine chapter. Give it a few hundreds years and you'll have a whole army of sleeper agents you can easily fill 1000pts with.

>infiltrate cultists to distract people and tarpit on turn 2
>infiltrate Chosen with special weapons as anti-tank or turn 2 charge
>independent characters everywhere

Maybe some heavy armor too.

Chosen, infiltrate heavy weapons next to your opponents dudes.

You can make an argument for Ripper Swarms because deep-strike obsec. Everything else is shit desu

Again, not talking about rules.
And that's wonderful, this discussion started with being wrong.

Use blacklight pigment to paint up a Hua Yuan Exterminator (do you have any Cadian hostile environment models?), or get me a Star Kraken with a boarding shield.

thanks Alfarius

alpharius* my dang

Is the traitor legions scan out yet? I hate having to wait.

alfalfaius

Was building a Cult mech. list when i thought of the following:

Kastelan robots with the double shooting protocol finish firing then use mask of the aplha dominus to swich to double attacks protocol.

can the robots charge in this scenario or does the previous protocol still make them unable to charge?

Talos is having none of his shit, either.

>Spend all day painting 10 guys yesterday
>Decide today that the paint scheme is shit
>Defeated as I just gave myself tons of extra work

This is suffering for how lazy I am.

>Mfw initiative 10 EC daemon prince with Blissgiver

Yeah, it specifically says 'at any time'

Beep boop the fuck out of those assholes, but keep in mind shooty Kastellans aren't great for close combat. Not bad, but S6 vs S10 is very much noticeable.

>assaulting through cover and having iniative 1

pls rate my alphaness

>mfw nurgle biker lord w/ accursed crozius

literraly who

Say, while we're here what's the consensus on the Stasis Field? That 2++ is nasty anywhere, but can a Datasmith have one and go to ground, and have the boops still fire at regular BS?

>Nurgle gets more releases
>Warhammer fantasy
>Tzeentch got shit

yeah, no. Slaanesh got literally nothing in 40k since codex: daemons. So in the past 8 years.

Tzeentch has gotten far more than anyone else

>In battle, the jetbike riders of the Eldar operate as forward scouts
>Aren't scouts
Why did GW do this?

Am I basically just taking minimum units to satisfy troops slot requirements? That's kind of a bummer. So I guess, 2 mucolid spores and call it a day?

Also, are there any formations worth taking other than the one that just spams flyrants?

I'm sorry for all the questions but anything I look up is dated or not current with whatever faqs or whatever.

We're entering a glorious new age of fluffy armies. Just wait, pointy-ear, your time will cum.

Give them scouts, increase by 3 points per model and double the points cost of those stupid scatter lasers.

Formations are generally shitty. Skyblight and Sporefield were cool, but the FAQ that says you can't deepstrike in the reserves killed that fast. Living Artillery Node is pretty neat, but tends to get erased because ground nids are way too easy to erase for their price.

And yeah, minimum troops is the way things are. They're all mediocre shit.

Yes please, if only so that it wasn't so infuriating to try to build lists using 17/27 point models.

How to make Berzerkers good?

Tyranids are depressingly bad right now. Even Orks are probably better.

At least you're not Blood Angels

Best weapon for anti-infantry on an infernal relic predator? I'm tied between the basic flamestorm cannon and the plasma destroyer.

>decide with friend of mine to combine our Adeptus Mechanicus forces for our local 1500 point tourney
>test War Convocation with Knight Crusader
>go undefeated with a huge lead on almost all match results
>agree to never do that to our store ever again

Is this thing only that broken against non- to semi-competitive lists or was it just the low point range making the free wargear so absurdly broken?

if flamestorm has torrent, that. if not, plasma

What program are you using to make that list?

Pretty sure that a unit containing a monstrous creature can't go to ground, since the creatures themselves can't, forcing everyone to keep standing.

Unfortunately you legit cannot now that World Eaters rules give everyone their rules package. The only benefit they have is +1WS and the ability to buy Chainaxes, but those come at like 4 points more than a basic CSM with the same kit.

You take them for fluff and formation-tax reasons only.

Are the 'path of the' books for Eldar and DEldar any good? Just finished Titanicus and need something new for my 40k reading. Figured I should actually read the novels about my two armies. Though I dislike reading trash, and BL is super hit or miss with quality.

Can't find the fucking rules for half its weapons anywhere, honestly. Don't even know what the fuck the Magna-Melta cannon does. Where the fuck do I find these?

What about Maelstrom of Gore? +3 charge range and Move Through Cover sounds nice.

Blood Angels are nowhere near being a bad army

Finding anything in GW books is next to fucking impossible. Wanted to look up what the wording on Ordnance weapons was exactly earlier today and we couldn't find that shit anywhere.

Just run the berzerker models as standard WE Chaos Space Marines and say they are berzerkers using the fixed rules.

If you want to bully someone using a bad Space Marine army at least compare them to Black Templars. They are way worse off than the Blood Angels.

Like I said, formation tax. But that + WE rules giving you Blood Mad move would be pretty great. Just saying taking CSM would give you all their rules for cheaper, so it's more of an efficiency thing.

WE don't have it as bad as DG do, as regular CSM do the Plague Marine's thing for 8 points cheaper per model, which is insanity.

Gow to fix them : 2ed customisation.
Eternal warrior all around like the good ol time
70 pts base carnifex

Order is from worst to best
>inb4 results collected from 4.5k players don't count because they use a different D table

Plague Marines have plague knives, blight grenades and two special weapons at any squad size.

Are the Skitarii a good beginner army? They interest me by the looks, but I hardly know their tactics other than they seem to be a ranged oriented army. Any care to explain on how they function?

Grey Knights successors.

Probably dislike the Bird Wearers very much.

>Orks
>mid tier

what is this madness

Maybe, but they'll do much less damage than Berzerkers with that WS4. And without the +3 to charge I'm not sure they'll even get therre in the first place.

Well that was disappointing

>implying this invalidates the Black Templar statement
Just because some Chapter Tactics are among the strongest special rules in the game doesn't mean everything out of that codex is good.

I'm halfway through path of the renegade and I'm really into it.

I'm pretty sure it's from lists revolving around bikers/deffkoptas/morkanauts (or gorkanauts, sometimes it's hard to tell kunningly brutal from brutally kunning)

Why must GW fuck me before I even start playing? I just want to play cute bugs

Any decent models I should I look into then? I was recommended zoanthropes, mawlocs, and lictors so far.

'Cos you're probably using the free version, the paid version is apparently better. Not entirely perfect, but better.

I can't even find the rules for alpha legion in it.

Man the FAQ on transports fucked Skitarii up bad

You don't want to assault with them, so knives and grenades are fairly moot. I'd give them up for the points difference honestly, and 2 special weapons isn't that big of a deal when you can take Chosen (double the attacks with no I penalty too) or Havocs for a better, cheaper loadout.

True, I just gave you a (You) because you gave me one.

Damn Daemons are strong.
Well it makes sense, they are the superior lifeforms.

we already told you to try your Fw army before going to skitarii so you wont buy what you dont need.

if you are really not that guy, just buy a Start Collecting box and do a couple of game with them

In a DG detachment at least, you'll still suffer from -1 I.

Nope. I'm using the paid version, and I'm regretting it more and more.

Legion rules aren't up yet except for WoM. I was just using it as a platform to fiddle with lists.

You have a few options.

1. Pure Skitarii with lots of infantry using a few walkers as fire support and to tank things

2. Pure skitarii with a lot of Sidonians to be incredibly mobile but fragile

3. Pure Skitarii with a mix of the above to be less specialized

4. Combine them with CultMec to get access to some decent formations and a roster of very beefy units OR with some other imperial force to get yourself some transports

They're not overly powerful by any means but can bring some serious pain if used right. Pretty much an army full of glascannons.

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/709878.page

>With the new Psychic Power leaks for Tzeentch, Siphon Magic looks interesting.

>The way it's written, it is a blessing. For the remainder of the phase, anytime a friendly Psyker within 18" of this Psyker manifests a power, you place a die next to the Psyker that cast Siphon Magic. Those dice in question may be spent by said Psyker as though they are bonus Warp Charge.

>Here's the catch: The dice in question aren't actually Warp Charge, and while you normally get rid of any excess Warp Charge at the end of your Psyker Phase, there's nothing about discarding excess dice that can be spent as though they were Warp Charge (but aren't Warp Charge).

>The question then becomes: Can you "store" these dice over the course of multiple turns. RAW, I don't see why not. RAI, ymmv.

Thoughts on this? Found it on Dakka and it looks arguable. With the shit thousand sons got, it would be nice to have at least some way to cast powers from 20 psykers.

new book out yet? (chaos legions)

I for one can't wait for 8e to release.

>they'll do much less damage than Berzerkers with that WS4

WS5 zerks are 19 ppm. WS4 "neo-zerks" are 15 ppm.

A 20 WS5 guys for those points gets 80 attacks on the charge, on average vs MEQ 53 of those hit. 25 WS4 guys for the same points gets 100 attacks, on average vs MEQ 50 of those hit.

You're only getting 3 extra hits per 380 points of models when taking berzerkers, which is mitigated by the fact that they die just as quickly to shooting, but there's less of them so they lose more hits to the same number of shooting attacks. And they can't take special weapons other than plasma pistols.

Whole book isn't, but there was a mega with legion pictures

Does anyone know what the GSC models in Overkill come armed with?

Grey Knight successors who are invisible to Daemons, their next in line to be Chapter Master is Primarch sized and S5, but is effectively S10 due to his giant mace that was made to fit his size.

They are a strong army limited by a (hopefully) soon removed lack of transport and delivery options.

Skitarii with assault transports = massive rape.

I've been playing around with the idea of expanding my Crimson Fists KT into a 1000 point army besides the obvious choice of Sternguard (rerolls on their special ammunition sounds tasty) and a Devastator squad for heavy weaps what else should I get?

So what lists are available for Space Marines that allow me to take like mono terminators and dreds? I know there's deathwing but what else.

There are a couple of termie/dread formations you can use (First Company Hammerfall Assault Force/Skyspear Assault Wing)

Anyone know how many Chainfists the Deathwing Termi squad box comes with?

Just one of those big brown floaty droid transports from Star Wars The Phantom Menace. Jam-pack the fucker up with folded-up Sicarians and just deploy them off the hanger racks. Those foul xenos Goongas will be chunky salsa before you can finish saying "I may have gone too far in a few places."

Not likely, Gungans have mobile shields generators and super strong artillery

Is the Triaros in 30k an assault vehicle? I know it's the AdMech land raider equivalent and it has a shock prow, but does it have an assault ramp?

>hangEr

kys.

No, 30k AdMech have no assault vehicles.

Black Legion

They literally hang on those racks, user. It's not an airplane hangar.

Tell me why thousand sons are great

There's no probably about it. Nids have a monobuild that, whilst boring, is effective and competitive, though not against absolute top tier lists. Orks don't even have that.