Accidental Magical Girl CYOA

Welcome to the Accidental Magical Girl thread!

Various worlds and multiverses have become connected together via the mysterious Overcity, a sprawling landscape inhabited by monsters and magical beings. Girls and boys endowed with their new supernatural powers can work together solving conflicts that arise!

>This is NOT a greentext adventure style CYOA with one GM and thread posting to dictate the adventure, but rather a hub thread for multiple storycrafters to use.

This thread houses three systems: First, QuasarBlack's CYOA PDFs which may be used as writing prompts. Second, AMGC which expands on the CYOA character creation and provides rules for combat. Finally, the SCS is an alternative to AMGC with a similar purpose. IRC uses mostly AMGC and Discord uses mostly SCS.

Post builds, roleplay, write stuff.

CYOA Stuff:
Writefag Archive: pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
Magical Girl Images: mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w

>Addons to the CYOA, currently only the Patron Module:
pastebin.com/9qFcbzN0

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/teUgkHyS
>Changelog: pastebin.com/nNqnESfz
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/V2X9itz0

IRC on Rizon:
OOC Chat: #MGCYOA
In Character RP Pub: #TheWand&Circlet
IC Campaigns: #MGChronicle or #MGPnP
IC Shenanigans: #Overcity
IC Cafe: #MGCafe
rizon.net/chat
Linkboard: titanpad.com/RWlqAHmERq

The Discord Server for Roleplaying and Campaigns:
discord.gg/y9hKQ

Previous Thread:
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50412587

Other urls found in this thread:

orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps
pastebin.com/ZvxkyAbH
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH
pastebin.com/jCStZAqq
drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ugcJa0fs2KkZ-oXy7kexzqAySUzsbUJ42GydS_kV_w/
pastebin.com/ArCvYAPt
pastebin.com/3rwLq8TT
pastebin.com/FJwNH5Fz
pastebin.com/kVJmwcj3
pastebin.com/wTMU8JjX
pastebin.com/pzKwa1kD
pastebin.com/WpKxFQd9
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K_6DplVo1_Kq2orPNUkVEmZb-4edqGBGase2ImIDLQs/edit?usp=sharing
discord.gg/FJhnz
discord.gg/UFj9a
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The CYOA's Patron Module, which determines just who bestows your character's magical abilities. But be wary, for not all of these patrons are after your best interests...

This PDF is for AMGC 1.14.
It features 10 additional powers and 20 extra perks, as well as combat actions, point buy, and more.

>Character generator for AMGC, made by Doxy using RandomGen by Orteil.
Just one click and your mahou will be finished!
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps

>Add-Ons to AMGC Core including the Corruption, Fusion, and Puchuu docs, now in one semi-convenient spot!
pastebin.com/ZvxkyAbH

>Character sharing thing made by emperor_
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/

>Spec Trees (spells for all 19 normal Specializations, updated often):
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH

>Magic overhaul by Drakon in progress. Teaser located here: pastebin.com/jCStZAqq

>Torque's Google Docs Character Sheet
drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo

>AMGC Character Archive:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ugcJa0fs2KkZ-oXy7kexzqAySUzsbUJ42GydS_kV_w/

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/ArCvYAPt
>Changelog: pastebin.com/3rwLq8TT
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/FJwNH5Fz

AMGC Corruption Module, for mechanics of a monstrous nature.

AMGC Fusion, for magical girls that are truly inseparable. At least, as long as the fusion lasts.
Hint: it's not long.

The AMGC Puchuu Expansion, for the myriad creatures that seek to instruct or command most magical girls.

The SCS was made as an addon to the CYOA to cover the combat side of roleplaying. It allows players to easily take characters made in the CYOA v1.5 and use them in Quests and long-running campaigns alike.

This PDF covers the basics of magical girls and sets the groundwork for updates and addons.

>Addons to the SCS, including the Patron expansion and GM's Guide
pastebin.com/kVJmwcj3

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/wTMU8JjX
>Changelog: pastebin.com/pzKwa1kD
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/WpKxFQd9
>Character Sheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K_6DplVo1_Kq2orPNUkVEmZb-4edqGBGase2ImIDLQs/edit?usp=sharing

The SCS Order & Chaos, Friend & Foe expansion, for adapting patrons to SCS play, a basic bestiary, and creating dark magical or monster girl characters.

The SCS Worlds & Wishes supplement, for directly adapting AMGC characters into the SCS, getting advice on GMing, plenty of optional rules, and more. A FAQ is also included for some common questions.

Stat the mahou!

Rolled 1, 2, 5, 16, 3, 14, 14, 13, 7, 20, 13, 5 = 113 (12d20)

Rolled 18, 10, 7, 4, 8, 11, 19, 8, 7, 17, 10, 16 = 135 (12d20)

shameless self-bump before bed
night mahous

About time somebody posted this again.

Discord Link for today. The one in the OP is outdated.

discord.gg/FJhnz

You cunts better keep this alive while I'm at work. I've been intending to build a character but the threads keep dying by the time I get home.

We'll do our best, user.

Rolled 5, 1, 4, 17, 7, 2, 1, 20, 13, 4, 2 = 76 (11d20)

And what nonsense have your girls been getting up to lately? Since it's been a while, I expect there are more than a few nice stories to tell.

Magical Boys ww@

Rolled 1, 8, 2, 6, 14, 8, 18, 8, 16, 7, 1 = 89 (11d20)

Have you flipped a flap lately?

No. Is it any good? Is it actually a magical girl show?

Yes, and arguably. It has transformation into frilly outfits, girly relstionships and self discovery, and pretty more than subtext yuri. Is Utena magical girl for you? Then this is.

Also art references and basic psychologicall theme exploration. Lots and lots of those.

Huh. Sounds like it might be worth a poke.

Is it looking like it'll get a second season, or is it likely going to cliffhanger off into the distance? Or will it be the rare 1 season anime that actually starts and ends satisfyingly in a single season?

so how does this work if I want to choose a Horror patron? do I run through the base character generation then pick the horror's stuff or what?

Yep. Run through basic character generation, then pick up your Horror Patron benefits/drawbacks.

right then, rolling

herp

Rolled 2, 3, 12, 16, 14, 2, 4, 16, 20, 2, 11 = 102 (11d20)

so from that I get the following
Artefact perk-Mystic artifact (Old Book)
Patron: Horror
Benefit: Minions, Marked, Creeping Doom
Drawbacks: Insomnia, Mind Bent (Replace Quick Tempered), Bane (Ice)

underdeveloped (+1mag)
sickly looking
Str 4
Agi 10 2 silver
Vit 7
Mag 11 1 silver
Lck 5

Specialization: 12-Light

Weapon: Mystic (1 bronze to drop to mysitc from FIST)
+1 mag
Ranged (1 gold spent)
+1agi
Outfit: Elaborate
+1mag

Power: Killing Blow
Name: Solar Flare

Perks:
Training-Mastery of runic magic (from sorcery)
+1mag, Sorcery-Runecraft (Lovecraft style)
Fake Parents-Not my actual parents, probably Horror's minders
+1LCK Closure-Never Existed
+1Vit enhanced sustenance, half sleep, starvation rations, breathing optional

Principally a ranged magical combatant. Given the Horror/Light configuration, I figure this magical girl is working for what totally looks like a classic, benevolent god but really, really isn't. I figure her initial contract was running across an old tome of knowledge left behind by one of the Horror's previous servants, from which the girl learned sorcery before 'accidentally' contacting the horror and getting the whole spiel about working for him. Like a girl learning about blackmail from an uncle that's actually the head of a mafia family.

What'd you go with for your origin? Artifact?

Rolled 18, 12, 7, 7, 17, 13, 10, 1, 12, 14, 18 = 129 (11d20)

yeah artifact. Picked a mystic artifact for maximum DIVINE REVELATION. At this point I figure that she believes she's stumbled on a secret holy text, and that god has chosen her to delay the end of the world for as long as possible. Maybe she was an orphan, and the Horror has given her a 'normal' life as a miracle, or maybe she's actually with her real family, but has been convinced of the miracle anyways to ensure her loyalty.

This is probably the least edgy interpretation of Horrors I've ever seen.

Huh really? do I want to know what the usual interpretation is?

I've seen "Elderitch horror themselves" and "egdy drunk assassin that kills for booze money". Horror girls don't get seen much, it seems.

What's the best spec and why is it Beast?

Have you ever put on another girl's outfit?

Don't you die on me yet.

Should Beast girls focus on a particular animal or be all druid-like?

You posted my old character reference. Glad someone liked the image.

No.. now I'm going to. Good idea.
>Now one in my bust size.
Sigh.

It's up to the player, but I'd say your average Beast girl would be more on the druid-like side.

>and then all the baseboards and furniture legs were chewed upon
>everything smelled like piss
>round turds were everywhere
>and all the wires were chewed through

dammit bunny girl

Okay so I just kinda stumbled here and I think apparently there's a way to roll dice here so no one thinks I cheated?

I mean, I already made my character with IRL dice rolls, but does that exempt my character from being made? Will by build still be acceptable?

I'm a total scrub at the moment but really wanting to get into this.

Go look at the first sticky on Veeky Forums. Replace "email field" with "options field" and disregard the thing about noko.

Expired link.
Anyone got a fresh one?

People will probably trust your rolls. No one asks to see them in either the irc or discord.
As a newbie you probably wouldn't know how to powergame anyway.

Rolled 7, 14, 9, 14, 5, 11, 19, 13, 2, 14, 12 = 120 (11d20)

Lemme try this again.

Rolled 15 (1d20)

One more, for the modded version.

discord.gg/UFj9a Here ya go.

Rolled 5, 16, 6, 13, 3, 10, 9, 10, 1, 10, 14 = 97 (11d20)

Rolled 15, 16, 19, 6, 14, 7, 11, 18, 16, 13, 15, 4 = 154 (12d20)

Are the threads finally shitpost free?

Seems that way.
Nice roll, by the way. Gonna make a Beast girl?

Thank you.

Okay! Here were my IRL rolls: 18(8 for age), 15(Overdeveloped Body), 11(Illusion), 6(Ranged), (outfit chosen automatically through Contract origin), 15 (Third eye), 11(Enhanced Sustenance), 13(Healing Artifact), 9(Big Damn Hero), 18(Eternal Style) 14( Ally or Overcity Shift).

Planning on using one bronze to switch Ranged to Melee, and one silver to switch from Illusion to Reinforcement. Gonna use contract's freely switch perks from the left to the right thing to move my healing artifact perk to Masculinity, and I'm undecided on Ally or Overcity shift.

For my patron, I was going to go with the Puchuu with the Concerned, Chatty, Mystic Might, and Physical Prowess benefits, along with the Isolated, Cagey, and Big Brother drawbacks (you do get one free universal benefit right? Did I read that wrong?)

Was kinda headcannoning that my character was pretty much a "I wanna have powers and fight monsters!" kinda guy who got noticed by a desperate Puchuu, who had been out on a high priority reconnaissance mission, but lost their Magical Girl in the middle of it all and had to go into hiding while still pursuing the mission. Now they're back with intel of something big on the way, but none of the previous meeting points are active anymore, and it's likely the other Puchuu think it's dead, so now it's trying to figure out what happened while preparing my character to face the threat just in case. The chatty boon comes from that it's a little too excited to have someone to talk to after all these years, and the concerned boon comes from that it feels like it really can't afford to waste time looking for a new magical girl. The isolated drawback is part of the backstory, the cagey drawback is because despite its talkative nature, it doesn't actually want my character to know too much about what it is preparing him for (or even that it is preparing him for anything at all), the big brother drawback comes from the same desperate reasoning behind everything else.

That's a damn good amount of thought put into your Patron drawbacks and benefits. Good job.

Thank you! It all kinda came together somehow while looking over the patron and world info. My main concern is that I really wanna choose Reinforcement for my character BUT don't know if that would make any sense really considering isolation. Would it make sense to have someone in an obvious support role when you don't have any other allies? I'm trying to justify it by making it so that the Puchuu is actively encouraging that my character does so. They don't know where the other Puchuu are, but if my character is obviously built for support, then it's more likely my character will end up in a situation where they'll be capable of giving said support, thus making alliances more likely.

Feels like kind of a stretch, but I think it could work. My other idea (if Puchuu can form multiple contracts) is to have the Puchuu's magical girl from their earlier mission survive. Keep everything about the isolation and desperation for a team to face this threat, but choose ally instead of Overcity shift for my last perk, and make it more so that my character was recruited as an easy ally for their main magical girl while they struggle to prepare for the threat. Not sure if that would still blend well with all of the lore I had built though.

Any thoughts are appreciated! Should I just bite the bullet and build a non reinforcement specialization to make it fit more, or is there something I can do to sensibly keep it?

Reinforcement can survive on their own, but they will have trouble dealing that final decisive strike.

Reinforcement is okay in the SCS. In AMGC they're almost unplayable unless you want to heal, heal, and... heal.

Aw dang, AMGC is what I built my character from!

Though to be honest, all I wanna do is...
>Barriers
>Buffs
>Heals
So it doesn't sound too bad for gameplay, at least.

Rolling for what the ally would be since I'm bored and have time.

Rolled 15, 3, 14, 7, 5, 14, 13, 17, 11 = 99 (9d20)

Rolled 13, 13, 9, 18, 2, 10, 7, 5, 11, 6, 10 = 104 (11d20)

Rolled 14, 19, 8, 18, 13, 18, 14, 19, 6, 10, 9 = 148 (11d20)

Alright, let's really do this for realsies.

Rolled 11 (1d20)

Rolling for Patron

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Rinne Berlinetta? Let alone defeat her. And I'm not talking about Bully Destroyer Rinne Berlinetta. I'm not talking about Freshly Abducted Runaway Rinne Berlinetta either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Recently Retrained Rinne Berlinetta with the Extra Defensive Capabilities (after losing to Takamichi Vivio and challenging Nakajima Gym at the Winter Cup), equipped with her undying rage and Plot Armor, a perfect repitoire of throws, control of the writers' hearts and opponent's retardation, with the DNA of a Once in a Hundred Years' Champion implanted in her so she has the greatest of racks and can perform incredibly fierce punches while being an expert in breaking bones and hearts in equal measure.

Apparently, everyone.

Wut

Alright ! Let'see what we've got !

Options field, not name field.
You rolled one dice too many there as well.

Depends on which doc they're using. CYOA is 11, AMGC is 12.

Have you ever made a grave promise to a friend who is no longer around?

:,( This is kindov oddly personal for a role playing thread

My life isn't that dramatic.