BYOND Games

What was your favorite BYOND game?

When did you join?

Lifeweb and space station 13, can't really remember.

Does Byond still have games, I thought it died when they purged all the anime rips.

SS13 is the only one that truly exists. The rest are in a state of undeath.

some of the older "Good" BYOND games get hosted every now and then (Murder Mansion, Mitadake High, Deadly Waters)

as for anime games, they still exist on BYOND, just not on the hub.

I only ever had 2 good games of SS13 (just bad luck or bad server choice I guess).

The rest I got spaced or murdered in seconds, but those 2 that were fun were amazing, trying my best to figure out how to play the game while trying to put the clown's brain in a monkey's body.

Well, goonstation usually has people adhering to the format. Unless you just happened to run into traitors every time.

Pick more isolated jobs perhaps, chemisty, genetics. Or the opposite, whack people with a bible in public. Equally valid survival tactics I suppose.

so I found out that BYOND is/was fairly popular on Deviant art. lots of old Chao Chatterz players

Sad thing is no ss13 server is good.
Veeky Forums station has terrible ai policy and this redicilous idea that the ai should let the captain do whatever the hell he wants in his chamber despite evidence that they are going to change its laws
Veeky Forums station has terrible sec policy and a mod who baits sec into perfectly valid kills then chastises them for it
Goonstation is stupidly restrictive on language

Even the gimick colonal marines has retarded roleplay requirments i am all for having some roleplay there but it gets really stupid when doctors are literaly not allowed to pick up a gun despite the ship swarming with aliens. The name restrictions are also pretty terrible.

The only good server is the traitor deathmatch server.

Played it around 2003-2004. There were many anime games made as a clone of some other BYOND RPG. There was one decent Naruto game that had working shadow control attack that was only good for trolling other players. One or two decent DBZ games that all made being any race but Sayain a waist of time. One even had serious DBZ RP where you had to recreate episodes.

There was a great Dragon Quest MMO that would break for everyone on the server if too many people quit out during battle to avoid dying. You could also have multiple windows open and run it by your self instead of having a real party. The thief class let you troll people with the disguise skill.

There was also a popular hurricane game that came out right after Katrina.

Dragon Universe.

That said despite there flaws both of the best moments i have had in ss13 were on one of those 2 servers
On Veeky Forums it was playing a clown and somebody was accusing me of raping them.

I cornered him said a witty and intimidating one liner and beat him to death with my bananium spear. I spaced him and made a funny joke on the newsfeed

On Veeky Forums i was playing warden and the head of personal kept trying to get into the armory and insisting i should let him in despite the rules clearly stating the hop has no right to the armory. Bunch of people kept saying i was being unreasonable but i got that sweet sweet validation when he was revealed to be a traitor.

Speaking of wardening what did they end up setteling on for the armory.

I was neutral on the guns but the changes were hell the warden should be able to see whats in the armory at a glance.

Final Fantasy: The Hunting Grounds - byond://73.66.45.93:49991
Chao Chatterz - byond://73.66.45.93:49992
Dragon Warrior: Heroes Destiny - byond://73.66.45.93:49993
Hurricane - byond://73.66.45.93:49994

Hosted for your pleasure

I Started playing SS13 about a week ago (as a way to blow off steam from Uni finals) on the TG server and I have to ask, does that TG have anything to do with this /tg? some of the meemes and refrences are /tg material (I.E. Yelling "FER TEH EMPRAH!" from tourettes.

If it is indeed /tg- why is there never a thread fo it? /vg has its thread for VG.

Im just perplexed.

I do enjoy playing medial jobs- Crowning achievement was making the cak- the Cake/Cat Hybrid.

Hm we used to have a thread when i played.

Honestly as long as you are not playing sec its a great server especialy for captain people auctualy care about the captain on tgstation unlike everywhere else.

I might go back to it.

I had two good games too.

One was with me a miner, along with two other miners. We split up and the comms went down so we had to communicate with the beepers on our PDAs. Very atmospheric and creepy, especially as my miner bros started talking about a facehugger. I don't remember the exact details but I though how amazingly like an alien movie the situation developed from my viewpoint.

The other good game was when I was a clown and found a pair of handcuffs and kidnapped the cheff by handcuffing him and dragging him in circles all around the station for like ten minutes until security finally beat me down. Fucking hilarious, I really laughed out loud at the chef's raging.

tgstation was set up by Veeky Forums, but stopped being associated with this place years ago.

I thought that was vg station.

Wait fuck i remember now there is tg station and d20 station
Change all instances of tg to d20 and all instances of vg to tg in this rant

Final Fantasy: The Hunting Grounds, I was the red mage Tarakan.

I sometimes played SS13 and often hosted D&D on BYOND Tabletop Gaming (I'm also the guy who made the 4e-style character sheet for d20 and took the old Draco sheet and made it ridiculously comprehensive).

Other than that though... eh.

Veeky Forumsstation needs to drop the Veeky Forums. They haven't been affiliated with this board in like four years. They're false advertising.

I realized that i was misremebering names anyway i was calling d20 tg and tg vg

OP is hosting it
check above to the previous few posts

Mitadake High as my guilty pleasure

same

I hope you guys play on Veeky Forums (tm)

Veeky Forums and d20 both originated on Veeky Forums but as a former admin of Veeky Forums tg is less Veeky Forums culture now