Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How cute/sexy are your tieflings? The other players' tieflings? The GM's tieflings? How can we make tieflings more moé?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZYAPgPH9hsI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well that's not an OP that will make people calm.

Didn't you try to start a thread with this OP earlier? You're a faggot.

user, I want you to off yourself.

Oh yeah I remember reading that too
So is it really just the tensions between specific races you need to worry about? E.g Elves not liking Fetchlings, but getting along with Undine?

Not at all.

Either that or you get a debuffing Cleric like I played in my first session I played with my friends. During the final boss of that campaign he summoned a giant Spider that my Cleric took one look at and Boneshattered. The spider failed the save and needless to say didn't do too much after that.

was making a shitty op a part of your plan?

>tieflings
>not orc girl master race

kys fag

Delete your obvious bait OP.

I haven't played any Tieflings yet. Last time I GM'd and had a Tiefling NPC show up, he had an oath of celibacy. Can't let that demon blood get into any future generations, ya know?

On a entirely unrelated topic, have you played any worshippers of the Great Old Ones or Outer Gods?

orc girls are pretty great

Does anybody have a PDF of Strange Aeons 1? Volume's 2&3 are the ones in the trove and they're both mislabelled.

Also acceptable. Debuff clerics are great, but I just want to add if they read this that you don't want things that are save or die, like phantasmal killer (I know it's not a cleric spell), because then if they do save then you've done nothing. Things like Boneshatter are great because it doesn't matter whether or not they save. Either they take 1d6 per CL and are exhausted, or they take half and are fatigued. Either way they're not going to be doing nearly as much.

>how cute/sexy are your tieflings? Moe?

Literally "adult!Tomoko, with horns and a fluffy tail" tier autist. She's a drug-using, murderous bitch who merely pretends to be well adjusted in polite society. Her main goals are: "become obscenely wealthy", "make sure my half-orc friend doesn't die before she gets to see what the world has to offer", and "introduce robots to the pointy end"

Something something "a dick" and "before it was cool".

>How cute/sexy are your tieflings? The other players' tieflings? The GM's tieflings? How can we make tieflings more moé?
generally horrifying spawn of fiends and mortals not enjoying the niceties of humanoid anatomy. particularly ones born of stranger fiends.

the only ones that would be considered beautiful is the spawn of beautiful fiends, which are vastly outnumbered by the horrifying ones.

My last tiefling was related to a ice devil and his skin was partially chitinous.

>how do we make them more Moe`

By making them fat.

stop this fetish now

Fuck off

What's a good twist/variation on running Reign of Winter that doesn't require significant rewriting?

>pcs are evil
>pcs are aliens
>pcs are all witch hunters
>etc

I was gonna say 'PCs are all Ulfen seeking to retake their easternmost kingdom' but that would require rewriting, as would 'PCs are Orcs from Belkzen who will never be slaves, but will be conquerors'.

My tiefling is a duelist who used to be a slaver, got betrayed by her partner, killed him and his evil cult of doom, and now hides among good adventurers to protect herself from said cult.

>PCs are fairies

not fat. Large. As in Large size.

>The PCs are good characters

fuck off and die fetishposter

THere is a criminal lack of Large player races. but i dont think making tielfings large is the answer.

New to Pathfinder but not to tabletop RPGs. What books should I get to make a campaign?

d20pfsrd.com and run something prewritten.

>get

go to the trove

Get whatever you want.

I was big into 3.5, not every book was worth your time. I'd like a greatest hits of books to use.

This isn't 3.5 just use d20pfsrd.com

Most books have SOMETHING work using; however, between d20pfsrd.com adn teh archives of nethys (just google that) you can find pretty much everything first party and a lot of third party stuff at your fingertips easily; and a lot of the good and usable stuff is spread across a lot of books, so trying to give a 'best hits' will still be several dozen books long. Double that if you want us to include third party.

PfSRD, then grab an AP from the trove. They're in Paizo, Adventure Paths, and I'd recommend Rise of the Runelords.

Pirate/PFSRD. first, purchase later if you actually enjoy them.

????

I only recall Half-Giant as being the go-to large race. What else is there?

Half Giants are medium, they just have powerul build.

Only large races are shit like Centaurs and Trox.

Trox

so why do /pfg/s always start with moe anime girls?

Not that i'm complaining I just want to understand it

just one guy being a faggot is all.

>Trox
I can see why certain people might like them, and I dig their bit of lore, but I would prefer something a bit more presentable, ya know?

Describe the statue of a Trox to players and they will think you made a detour to H.P. Lovecraft County.

If I'm neutral good, would it be weird to look up to (Not a cleric or paladin) a lawful neutral god?
I'd be lawful neutral but I want to be good without being lawful good which would feel like a definite extreme especially since I'm not a cleric or paladin. I don't know why but this matters to me for some reason.

two handed weapon fighting kukri warpriest
y/n

two weapon fighting*

City Giant 15 RP

Large
Movespeed 20

+4 Str
-2 Dex
-2 Int

Flexible Bonus fea: +1 feat at level one
Reach: 10ft natural reach
Mountaineer: Does not loose AC bonus when Climbing or crossing narrow ledges, Immune to Altitude sickness.

Forgot

Craftsman: +2 craft/profession checks related to stone or metal.

Which AP's villain does this fit best for?
youtube.com/watch?v=ZYAPgPH9hsI

I'm gonna throw up Jade Regent--the Regent's kind of got a cool backstory, and it's not hard to see him as a foil/arch nemesis for the PCs if you just make him more of a visible threat through some minor tweaks.

Anyone have the link to the rotjr page?

What's a good list of magical consumables, scrolls, potions, and wands for someone with good UMD but isn't a spell caster?

As well if I am a Scroll Master wizard I can have scrolls and wands use my CL, int, etc. is there a way to do this for potions?

>What's a good list
CLW's Dildo and maybe potion/scrolls with Vanish/Invisibility.

> Icy Tieflings is best Tieflings.

I was planning on having an organized culture of nomadic Tiefling tribes function as Hun-analogues in my setting. Thoughts?

What about stuff like regeneration, restoration, and remove disease? Or like teleport?

Play up the "scourge of god" idea and the mythology of them being/having been so fearsome that they were thought to be harbingers of the apocalypse.

Throw in something about a sword personally bequeathed by the god of war.

As a beginning GM, how should I handle Perception checks in general? Currently, the players are traversing a dungeon full of Oozes, but a lot of these Oozes require perception checks to be seen. Should I ask for these when they enter a room? Should the players say they want this check themselves? And what about a situation where a previously explored room has changed (per example, they explored a hallway, and then set off a trap in another room that released a Gelatinous Cube in said hallway)?

why would anyone ever play a human?

Marvelous Ointment (CMW/C Disease, Neutralize Poison cheap)
Wands of CLW/CMW/CSW are much better than Infernal Healing because of the caster level limitation on wands (something a lot of optimizers forget)

Because that race is gonna get banned from play by a lot of GMs.

And Infernal Blood's Strapon is fine too.
>and remove disease
Too situational as for me.
>stuff like regeneration
>like teleport
OVERPRICED!!!

Because -2 dex/int

Really it depends on what level you're at. I normally pack a teleport scroll as a get out button.

Well at least what's the blurb for these guys?

They just giants that live in metropolitan areas?

Anyone? Need help sorting my alignment

>How cute/sexy are your tieflings?
I play tieflings for ERP purposes and specify they are descended from succubi. So, very.

Your character could probably be raised in a community that was largely lawful, worshipping a particular god, so it's just what he knows and is comfortable with.

Maybe there's a particular aspect of a LN god that appeals to him and that he focuses on despite being further from his agenda than a cleric or typical worshipper might be.

> Check RotJR Sheets
>Oh! new character
>Sanjo Gamblefox
> A Kitsune Battling gambler

Who is this semen demon?

He's the King of Hearts! Or maybe just a Joker.

We have another candidate for Onryou's prince.

That's some desperate samefagging.

Not the kind of dickass archetype that'd be my first choice, but seems pretty cool.

Dammit forgot my pic.

not sure what you're on about mate.

Nope. He's just copy pasting from the last thread

I like the character, but why is he in sandpoint? i get that he moves around alot due to his gambling nature and his card sharking ways.

Anything in sandpoint he likes in particular?

I unironically love him telling people his name is "Gamblefox".
It's stupid in the best way.

So my party will soon be travelling into series of caves in a mountain we believe to be the home of a Duergar slaver who is intended to be the boss of the next arc, and is responsible for the butchering and enslavement of our paladin's hometown

We've encountered him before after he had finished hitting a surface town with his underlings trying to gather more slaves for his mines and more women to do unspeakable things to

I am looking for a way to strategize against him effectively to reduce risks to the party

Here's what I know about him
He has a crown capable of using dominate person and possibly charm person
His crown makes him more resistant to charm and enchantment effects
He has some kind of gauntlets that are capable of collapsing buildings, we cornered him in a tower the first time we found him and where he was holding the would be slaves - so he punched part of the building and brought it down on all of us and the hostages
We suspect he's a monk
He might have anywhere between 12 and 120 underlings

There are currently five of us, several members of the party aren't optimized, in fact I'd say none of us are -

We have a half orc inquisitor, no archetypes - uses a flaming falchion +1 with bane and judgements and infernal healing

A sacred servant paladin who is running sword and board

A witch

A magus who is trying out TWF

And a bard, who goes without saying does very little damage - and uses a bow

We're going into the underground against someone who can collapse buildings so this is already pretty not optimal, and the paladin wants to challenge him to a duel but I don't think that's going to happen

>magus
>TFW

??????????

There are enough inns and the like that he can probably make a fair amount of money off of hapless idiots. It is a little small for him though, yes.

I don't get it either, he usually sticks to 1h but once he gets his enchants out for some reason he likes double wielding rather than keeping it free for casting

He should be a mindblade, that archetype can TWF and use spell combat

I'll throw that to him and the GM, thank you user

>I once rolled a TWF magus
>I used a dip into alchemist to get a vestigial arm since its legit in the rules that a vestigal arm can't be used for attacking but it never said I can't use it for spellcasting

You can also do it via being a Hexcrafter Magus and getting the hair hex to deliver spells for you, though you may need the Natural Spell Combat arcana to actually pull it off

I don't think that's counted as legit.

Otherwise, I'd have a dorf magus swinging around a battleaxe with his beard while he self-buffs with spellcombat using his one hand and drinking from a keg of ale in his other hand.

The Dwarves are currently locked in a civil war in their home region against the Duergar so these are likely some off branch of that society in their own raiding clan or some shit, they've been active for a bare minimum of 70 years since that's when the paladin's hometown was sacked

The dwarves are busy with their civil war but they might be interested in getting involved if it means stamping out duergar, if not hopefully they can provide me with some intel on the system these duergar are set up in

I'm also going to search the library of the city we are currently in to see if this region of the mountains has been mapped if it was part of something bigger - hopefully it isn't some random bumfuck cave that hasn't been explored before, if it is then I guess that's just another disadvantage against us

no i think you can literally do it because as part of a full attack routine you can use natural attacks, and with the natural spell combat you can deliver spells with it

Prehensile hair gives you a natural attack, so its 100% legit for you to have a dwarf smacking people around with a hammer and casting spells via his beard (and presumably, also smacking thme with said beard)

>rolling a dorf magus
>no INT racial bonus

RREEEEEEEEEEEE

>implying a magus needs more than 16 int anyways

not like you need high DCs when you're nuking people with touches.

I actually rolled a puppetmaster magus

Worst mistake ever. They need more INT than a standard magus because all their spells focus on enchantment and illusions. Which is stupid because they need a moderate DEX and some CHA as well in their build.

Its a pretty good single target disabler, but in PF, the wizard can crowd control with little effort while the magus should focus on rocket-tagging instead.

isn't there a dorf magus that gets early access to heavy armor, expanded spell access, and caster level fuckery?

Yeah, Deep Marshal is the archetype. Based on dwarves but anyone can be one.

Hey baby
I like the size of you CHA modifier

.. +0?

This. Fuck being party face. And fuck you if you think I am putting points into any knowledge skill again. I will max climb and swim before I do that again.

Honestly i'm just mostly wondering if I did my stats wrong for a warder

but i keep being reassured that having a crazy high Int as warder is pretty great.

why? knowledge skills should allow you to identify monsters. i'd call that at least moderately useful, unless your GM is a douche that give almost no actual information on a good check.

I like to aim for 16 int on a warder but it depends on your point buy or what ever system. It is pretty important because at lvl 4 it basically pulls double duty as Dex.

Last time I maxed a bunch of int skills I became the defacto party leader because I knew stuff over our paladin and sorcerer.

If they believe him, he knows they're easy money!