/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General

Fall From Grace Edition

How did the newbie EC player get stuck with opening the new thread?

Old thread >HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Speaking of being a new EC player, I'm looking for names for two of my legionaries to put on scroll-work on their shoulder-pads. Anyone happen to have FW EC screenshots or suggestions?

first for Angron

Narcisso and Fabio.

What rite are you using?

>The legionary nearest to him was still alive. A World Eater, bisected at the waist, was dragging himself closer to where Ra kneeled. His armour was more red than white, signifying some unknown change within his treasonous Legion. ‘Blood,’ the warrior murmured through a shattered mouth. ‘I was there,’ Ra tried to growl at him, but the exhausted words were a snarling whisper. ‘I was there the day we saved your mongrel primarch from certain death.’ ‘Blood,’ the World Eater mumbled again. His helm had been crushed, savaging the skull and face within. His eyes were glazed, maddened, the pupils mere pinpricks. ‘If only we’d left him there.’ The Custodian laughed, feeling his reknitting bones and abused muscles stinging afresh with the squirted application of adrenal elixirs from inside his armour. ‘Blood…’ ‘If only we’d left him to die in those mountains.’ Ra was smiling now. ‘The one primarch who couldn’t conquer his world. The one primarch who lived as a slave. The one primarch who had to be saved from death.’ ‘Blood!’ The World Eater’s eyes resolved with the ghost of clarity. ‘Blood for the–’ A spear rammed through the World Eater’s spine, driven down between his shoulder blades. The power pack on his back shorted out and died. The warrior himself went into convulsions. Eyes that had so briefly cleared now rolled back into his broken head.

post your dudes HHG

I've only just started getting into HH (and back into 30/40k for that matter), so I'm fairly rusty and inexperienced. From what I understand, if I do use a RoW it'll be Maru Skara. I might be shooting myself in the foot here, but I'm trying to keep it fluffy as a Loyalist force, so the Third Elite and Kakophoni are right out.

How should I kit a contemptor to support Night Lords? I'm thinking maybe a pair of CCW with plasma blasters?

That Caestus could use more yellow. Probably not what you want to hear, but it would be best on the parts where you've put the fists.

Also, KA, now that you're doing WE, have you looked at Poom's method on B&C? I think it's just basecoats and an oil wash/filter, plus a bit of blood and basing. Extremely simple, amazing results.

woops, too late for the yellow now because those double fists aren't going nowhere. I guess maybe I could paint around them if I tape over them...

I'm following my own simplified version of the FW recipe and doing thin highlights of white instead of sponging the whole thing. I'm only a few steps in but so far I'm liking it a lot better than my last attempt. I'll check out Poom though.

Tell me about Malcadors hhg, are they any good as heavy support choices?

>the fists are the wrong way round
Alpha legion confirmed?

just put up for preorder, somebody please convince me why I shouldn't buy this sexy motherfucker for 65 pounds.

Blood!

Thats a cool passage

been a while since I've seen this army transfers are looking good.

I'm looking at my Dark Mechanicum army and thinking it needs more bodies. Planning on tacking this onto the Cybernetica bundle from FW.

3x20 Adsecularis with Carapace, RoPT and Revenant Alchemistry (125 each)
2 Lacarymerta Auxilia (65 each)

That's 505 pts, and gives me some decent tarpits that are functionally immune to bolter fire (equivalent to a 2+ save when within 6" of both Auxilia)
How should I kit out the Servitors? Was considering some Melta to pop nearby vehicles the Thralls can't hurt.
Plan was to convert the Thralls from Chaos Cultists and Skitarii parts, or possibly Guardsmen.

PAX IMPERIALIS
Time fore some motherfucking sword and board

I'd avoid painting round them if I were you,here's probably another way of applying more colour if you wanted to. Perhaps have a look at what other people have done with the two-tone legions.

The advantage of an oil wash is that it takes hours to dry, so you can manipulate it into recesses, polish bits clean again with a little solvent and a brush or cloth, buff out streaks and blotches a bit. It allows you to get more control, and you can do away with any need to layer your base colour back on top of it, apart from perhaps a couple of highlights. Scale modellers use them a lot, and in a funny way the longer drying times makes them more idiot-proof than fast-drying acrylic washes.

god damn thats roman as fuck

The one at the back seems a bit flabbergasted by his gladius.

kek

"....I CAN EVEN SEE MY REFLECTION. GUYS, GUUUUYS, CHECK IT OUT"

>naming the Noise marine the "Kakophoni"
>mfw Aos Tier level naming

Justify this. /hhg/.

Ah you'll love betrayer the betrayer who betrayed his legion and started killing anyone in sight

The lacarymerta are probably a bit excessive. I run 2 thrall groups with the same set up and most of the time their ignored, especially when opponents realise they won't run away and they get both saves against bolters.

Horus, the Arch-Traitor is from a world called Cthon
Angron is the mega space dad of the army of frenzied berzerkers
Mortarion is the primarch of the Death Guard
Thallax is literally Greek for "armour"
Ultramarines
Vulturax
The primarch of the legion of blacksmiths is called Vulkan

Warhammer is dumb, silly, and lacking subtlety to the point of being ludicrous, which it is.

they are loud and rowdy boys

>doesn't have the word thunder,light,blood or skull in it
it's not that bad pseudo latin has always been a part of the setting , what's wrong with pseudo greek ?

With how often the red books are updated is there even a point in not just pirating them and printing out the pages you need?

Is there a way to model just Chainswords and Bolters with Calth box? I'm trying to make a Terror Squad.

>printing them out
That's just a waste of space, make your army list using the scan then print off a cheat sheet of your army.
Chain bayonets or the knives it comes with, do remember a chainsword has the same profile as a regular CCW

Yyou can do knives and bolters which is the same in terms of rules.

That's what I meant, I just transcribe the stats for the units, special rules, and weapons I need then print it out. It's a shame because I really would like a physical copy of the army list, but with how often they seem to release the books I don't see any reason to get one until the series is pretty much complete.

Wait, sorry. The Prospero box is what I'm working with for the terror squads. The Calth box will be Raptors because of the harness.

Also, knives and bolters are the same? Do they still get the extra attack?

they come with bolter and bolt pistol standard, so yeah they'll get the extra attack

Close combat weapons can be anything thats not covered by power weapons, knives, machetes, chainswords are all the same so if you have spare knives from Calth you can shave off the buckle bit and put it in a hand, might make them look more slasher-y.

Terror Squads only come with BP+CCW and can take a bolter for 2 points

BoP has plenty of chain swords, but the problem is that they don't have hands, and the pistols are holstered

Can someone quickly post the rules for 'ARACHNUS HEAVY LASCANNON BATTERY' pls

I've mixed in some of the double-sided chainswords and close combat arms from 40k csm tacticals and the thunder-edge chainswords from the prospero box with my calth marines. Then again I'm building mostly mk5 marines so you may not like having csm arms on your mk4 calth dudes if you're an armour purist

>Angron

That's Angronius Thal'kyr to you

Well, my plan is to be able to use them as either 30k Legion or 40k CSM, so mixing armor isn't a problem. Fitting into 40k isn't a problem, it's fitting into 30k.

The only thing I'm set on is using the Calth torso's (MkIV?) for my Night Raptors because they have the harness, which looks good with the packs. For packs, I'll probably use pic related if I can't find Raptor Packs.

>those connection points
Yeah those are snapping off after 4 games

FW pls

What do you mean? The only one that shows the connection point is the top left one, which looks normal.

This is from WIP

Where the hell did that come from?

Did I miss it in MoM?

I meant where the thrusters connect to the ain backpack

Oh. Hrm. Well, idk then.

I'd rather not buy raptors because I have 60 bodies already, you know?

You know what I didn't think of? I can just buy raptor arms...

You can always get the old metal raptor ones and a recasting kit
tutorial in the discord

PATRICIAN

The old Chaos Raptors were so good, their rarity and the remake of the models into something far more generic is a great shame.

Don't worry NL will probably get a unique unit to supplement the codex expansion, and it'll be the old kit but just more skulls and skins

Hmm. For my money you've made the mistake of getting too many bolter marines for an army that needs jump troops. The standard half-squat space marine pose looks crap with a jump pack, like really awful. You need better legs.

>that red

Oh...Oh my.

Well... Derp. The Marines are honestly just both HH boxes. If I need better legs, then I might as well get raptors.

Is there any real problem using the raptor kit for 30k? I can swap out shit easily. MKIV torsos and heads, raptor arms and legs? Hell, I have a few hooded Dangle heads from the old upgrade kit lying around I could use.

>take 40k boarding shield
>slap ultra shit on it
>new kit!

Could have at least covered the bolter hole on it, if the squad is close combat oriented. Or give them spears to poke through that hole with.

Why are their swords all pointing out and not into the shield whole so they could be modelled like an actual tetsudo

Because they're posing for photos.

The hand is a separate piece, so you can easily enough rotate it towards the shield.

And they call EC vain

There's nothing wrong with taking pictures with fellow legionaries.

>nobody cares that NL got something too
[sulks in nostraman]

Anyway, surprisingly decent paintjob, coming from forgeworld. Still not sure I like their design of the chainglaive, kind of wish it curved the other way like a falx, but not sure my drilling/pinning skillz would be up to changing it round.

It looks like a hockey stick

Is it just the glaives as an upgrade package?

Night Lords are what happens when Canadians finally snap.

Glaives and some arms.

That explains Curzefag too much.
Wait a minute.
>trees have leaves
>DAs hate trees and therefore leaves

Oh nice. $15 doesn't seem too bad I guess, especially since you get one per squad?

I mean, don't get me wrong, the concept is cool, but the execution is shit.
Right now it looks like a chainsword on a pole, and that's it.
At least Sevatar had something a bit more bling, was using it with one hand on his model.

Nice Iron Warriors.

KA, I have a question. What made you pick your color scheme instead of normal Fists?

His inability to paint yellow

I keep hearing people are scared of yellow paint.

no offence, but those glaives are pretty bent :^)

BROTHER!

I'm basically reposting since I got a better hang of how to take a proper picture with my phone.

>Ulramarines Breicher Seige r bestus
It's so bad it has to be intentional.

How does the claws dude pick things up? Wouldn't his claws get in the way?

That's always been the issue with the big power fist style lightning claws.

Imagine if you had an itch while you were wearing a pair of those.

The ones from dawn of war make so much more sense

>The ones from dawn of war make so much more sense
Which were? To me the best claws were the Talon Master's claws.

Thankyou

They were wolverine claws that were based on the forearms and could extend/retract above the wrist.

General sturmm/Lukas Alexander/Motherfuckin Stubbs all wore them.

>tried to paint them like his knight
>instead got yellow buckake
>stripped and primed black
>yellow didn't go on as wel as he hoped
>went with the 'Mid Crusade' scheme where it was silver and yellow, but went with brass instead of yellow to go full metallic
Personally I like them but to each their own

>They were wolverine claws that were based on the forearms and could extend/retract above the wrist.
Those sound pretty great. Zso Sahaal's claws do remain the best in my opinion.
>eneral sturmm/Lukas Alexander/Motherfuckin Stubbs all wore them.
I though Lukas's claws were attached to gauntlets. Didn't he dual wield them too? It's been a while since I checked.
I don't mind them.

He dual wielded them but the blades could retract into the forearms of the gauntlets, allowing his hands to move freely.

He could upgrade to dual power fists which still managed to not be big clonking pieces of shit.

>He could upgrade to dual power fists which still managed to not be big clonking pieces of shit.
Did he have a boxing match with Davian or something?

and Gorgutz

Lukas canonically survived Kronus even though the blood Ravens BTFO'd them.

Stubbs made up for it though.

>DA hate Canadians
Crap. Just because of that and their love of swords, I'm not sure whether to go IW or DA.

Go DA, and take up an axe and a rake.

How viable are normal dreadnaught talons in HH. I'm considering taking 3 normal dreadnaughts with graviton gun close combat arms for my World Eaters and just sending them charging forward to either eat infantry squads or draw fire from my Land Raiders.

Do you think they will do the job? At 155pts for walkers with 2 haywire shots each they seem quite viable for roaming the table and removing inconvenient threats.

But I don't play that often so I don't know the actual worth of the 465pt investment.

Give them the AP3 flamer and they might be worth it.

The what? Which one is an ap3 flamer?

Not particularly as Cortus are only a slight increase in points but exponentially better

They're kinda lackluster because for 10 points per model you can do the exact same thing with Cortus Contemptors and for another 10 points you can give them a chainfist for maximus armor penetration.

So it's not unviable by any means but it's sub optimal.

I think it's called the inferno cannon.

Nope, never mind, called the Flamestorm Cannon.

Might be worth giving dreadnoughts with frag assault launchers a try. Nobody suspects the frag grenade equipped angry washing machine

"Sub-optimal" as the other user put it, but at the end of the day it's fluffy and "your dudes" to have Boxnauts out there rather than getting a cheapo contemptor, who does the same thing functionally with better stats and abilities.
Contemptor Cortuses converted to look crude and "Mark 5-ish" 110% make up for the fact that they currently displace boxnauts in the crunch.

Are there any generic MkVI biker legs other than CSM bikers? Ravenwing ones got a bunch of DA crap on them.

Nope, sadly I think even the death watch ones are primarily Mk7.