/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls General

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa

Other urls found in this thread:

uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Malachite
imgur.com/a/uSrDd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Thalmor did nothing wrong.

second for Redguards

Third for Merid

Fourth for Potentates.

Fourth for Skyrim belonging to the Nords

Time for actual discussion?
What makes Daedric armor so strong?
Which iteration of Daedric armor is the best, Morrowind, Oblivion or Skyrim?

Fuck You

Fuck you too, milk drinker

Because it's essentially forcing an infernal being into being your bitch, and binding it to a lump of god blood.

Daggerfall had the best, because I like red.
Also Morrowind.

That said, TES has a lot of very ugly armour.

That's one of the things I like about ESO, almost all armours look at least good and you have lots of customization options.
I liked Morrowind one most, since it had a dark feel while still looking unique and otherworldly instead of being a generic evil armour. Do we even know what material is it made of?

>Do we even know what material is it made of?
It's very obviously ebony.

>ESO
I hope you love pauldrons.

Why don't these threads have designated waifus any more?

Also, is there any significance to Almalexia's tattoos?

No clue but I sure do hope she has a tramp stamp so Vivec has something to aim at when he's not chewing on his spear.

I liked the Morrowind one better, but not because of design, but because there is only two complete sets in the hole game, and that realy helps to make it feel unique and rare. Instead, in Oblivion, every bandid and their mother is clad in daedric armor.

The different helms also make it feel like a one of a kind artifact, and thats how I'd like daedric armor to be

ebony is a type of wood

>illegal unless ...
Funny that they wanted to implement that, but it would seem weird that the Tribunal/Temple would regulate something even they can't get their hands on that easily

In the world of TES it's a type of mineral

No it's the fossilized blood of a dead god

Probably means the forms
And I imagine daedric might be more common on the mainland, isn't Vvardenfell supposed to be some kind of shithole

Hello, newfriend.
Ebony is the material blood of the god Lorkhan, hardened into a form of volcanic glass. It's basically divine super-obsidian, just with more metallic and magical properties.

I was never clear on what glass was supposed to be

uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Malachite

A shithole with possibly the biggest number of Daedric shrines and worshippers in all of Tamriel.

That's actually somewhat unclear, as Morrowind's depiction of glass differs from say Skyrim's depiction, to the point where I almost think the two are different substances.

But in broad terms, it's another form of volcanic glass with magical properties, though lesser and weaker than Ebony.

>almost all armours look at least good

God no. Most of the ESO armors tend to look pretty bad. Dwemer armor and glass especially. That's one of the reasons the Alliance motifs sold for so much, because (heavy armor especially) was one of the best looking armors.

>Daedric weapons are made from raw ebony which has been refined using the craft and magical substances of the lesser minions of Oblivion. The process is not a pleasant one for the Daedra involved, and the weapons retain echoes of preternaturally prolonged suffering endured during manufacture. Daedric weapons are the most rare and expensive weapons known in Tamriel.

But since Skyrim you can just throw a daedra heart into molten ebony and that's it.

Nah, you gotta massage the heart while it burns up as well, really get it all nice and loose for its integration.
Personally I preferred the thing where you had to use the Atronach Forge to create daedric stuff.

Agreed, with Atronach Forge it would at least make sense.

The armors are too thin is the problem. It looks most of the time like the player just tattoo'd their skin, none of it looks or feels like it has any bulk to it.

I'm going to have to disagree, I rather enjoy the way most of the armor looks (except most of the helms with horns, those things just look stupid)

That's because it is tattooed on their skin. It's the body mesh with a different texture and normal map.

I believe the blood from the heart is supposed to be used to cool the blade, iirc the smith in Understone Keep says something along those lines.
I don't think the daedric armor you forge at a smithy is actually supposed to be genuinely daedric.

What happened to House Telvanni, or Dres for that matter
We know that Neloth is still alive, so the Telvanni aren't that wiped out
But Dres was fully centered near the Argonians
Could they survive or did they just become plain refugees?

There's also the Telvanni girl in the College.

Dres is probably still around.

Could the lyg have any connection to jyggalag?
it is said that the stars- meridia, mnemoli and xero-lyg- made dagon in lyg. but then dagon destroyed the towers of GHARJYG. now GHARTOK means hands, so the towers could be something like tower of jygalags hands?

Also, would the other two stars also have their own realms like meridia?

Maybe? Some of the other Princes are known to hang around there in previous kalpas.

Merid's siblings would not have their own talks, as they would reside in Aetherius. Or, maybe these ones don't, because they do show up often enough on the Mundus (but only during Dragon Breaks, or between kalpas). They may be on a mission from Magnus during those times, though, in which case their consorting would not be illicit.

Talks = realms

For those interested, I just made a post previewing major UESRPG 3e changes. It's up on our subreddit, and is directly linked via our link doc in the OP of this thread.

Also, the 3e core book beta is gonna be out within the week.

I'll be hanging out here and there to answer questions while I get work done.

>That's one of the things I like about ESO, almost all armours look at least good and you have lots of customization options
You cannot be serious

tell me all you know about Crystal-Like-Law

You have lots of customization options from color dyes, numerous types of enchantments, in-built bonuses, and types of armor material (ranging from iron/rawhide/homespun up to Rubedite/Rubedo Leather/Ancestor Silk in the racial and advanced styles as well as customer armor sets. So yeah, there are a lot of styles and customization options on top of just what armor looks like at base.

All told, and using only 1 trait/armor you can craft, there are 11,610 different types/styles of armor you can make. Add to this the number of custom sets one can find during game play, yeah, it's a lot.

Thanks, and thanks to everyone else who is helping out too.

It was (probably) the first Mer-made Tower built in imitation of Ada-mantia and, unless I'm mixing my Walking Ways up, Prolix laws. The Stone is/was a person, and the Tower fell during the Oblivion crisis.

>The Face of the Forbidden Tickle
>King of Rape
>mfw

>it's not a mineral, it's the fossilized blood of a dead god
Fossils are mineralized remains, you dingus.

If only they had the stones to step away from bog standard fantasy designs and make the weapons proper clubs with shards of glass.

>randomly rolling to see where on the enemy you hit
There's still rules for aimed attacks, right?

So how many drugs did your pregnant mothers take to make your brained deformed enough that you don't understand that there's a board for video-game generals, and this isn't it? How is that a difficult concept to comprehend?

Found the n'wah.

Might run a Fecht, a fight between characters we collectively make up, in UESRPG once the new edition is out. Either in here or in its own thread.

>replying

So the hit locations don't need to be separately rolled, it's based on the 1s digit of your hit roll. Still random, but not a different die roll.

For 90% of attacks it doesn't matter until you cause a wound as most enemies will be wearing the same armor across their entire body.

And yes, there are.

Scrollhammer question:
Can Animunculi take scrolls? I'm guessing not, but the rules doesn't mention it.

Nope. I'll clarify that in the Equipment and Making An Army sections.

Figures.
I was giving a brief look into obvious ways to counter high ARM, and the Steam Centurion is a great (if somewhat expensive) chassis to do that, given the fact that STR 10 means +3 AP.
And if you give him a Scroll of Bound Claymore, that's another +3 AP, making it quite the canopener, albeit for 38$.

But I found you can just use an Orcish Auxiliary or a Proven to get almost the same effect at a reduced cost.

You came to the wrong province, Outlander.

Chessex custom dice?
Either way, that's really nice.

Guy over on the Discord had chessex make these. He's giving them to his players.

Why have I never thought of this?

Tattoos are common in Elsweyr, Nibenay and Hammerfell. Are they common anywhere else?

Both tattooing and ritual scarification appear in Morrowind.

Someone scraped 600+ pieces of card art from Legends.
imgur.com/a/uSrDd

Generally not a fan of the game's art, but this is a pretty significant resource. There's got to be something good in here. If nothing else, you can crop it and make tokens out of it if you use virtual tabletop.

The artstyle is so weirdly inconsistent at times. Just look at these two orcs.

>almost all armours look at least good
yeah no. It's true that the newer ones look better, but the vast majority have those dumbass hip-flaps that float six inches off of your character, flat textures, WoW pauldrons, or helmets/armor that doesn't cover your neck (something that many RPGs struggle with and it bothers my autism so hard)

>what is perspective

He was too pure for the Empire

OH THERE ONCE WAS A HERO NAMED RAGNAR THE RED

the original art is fine but >all those ESO designs

Fuck that forge.
Level 51. Have only found ONE other recipe (yeah I know you can find everything online but it's not the same)

>it's just a screenshot of a battlespire frost daedra

The ESO-style armour is definitely the worst, barring the images that are so poorly made that they just don't work. There's a few in here where it seems like the artist either forgot how anatomy works, or just figured no one would notice.

Dres was the main slaver house right?
When the scalies ass reemed Morrowind, they probably murder raped Dres into extinction

Is this the new laughing elf?

Finally, a Mudcrab player token!

>being mummified alive is hilarious
Shame that the resolution isn't higher.

>"I fucking love being a bandit"

XDDDD

Just started doing a legit playthrough of Arena. There's a lot more lore in the game that was abandoned or retconned than I thought

Only kind of good elf is a dead one.

>sink beneath the sea
>sink into memory
Mother of god.

>le water is memery meme

Here's another one. My guess is that he's referring to Daedra, since most stuff about "hell" or "nether planes" were retconned to Oblivion.

>also obligatory yokuda is past meme
Kirkbride lore best lore. Schick please save us.

Nirn only has one moon in-game. Though there's a dungeon with some markings of a dragon watching over a planet and two moons.
The logical explanation would be Akatosh watching over Mundus from Aetherius. Except that none of these stuff even existed back then and were only introduced in Daggerfall.

Not quite extinction, but Dres isn't anywhere near as powerful as it once was, and their loss of land essentially moved the border between Morrowind and Black Marsh, making the latter much larger.

das it mane

Grand Atromancer is my waifu

Dragons in Arena and Daggerfall were always portrayed as four-legged. Though their design was soon changed in Battlespire (1997).

That sword is tripping me out
Is the pommel or the tip pointing towards me?
Who the fuck knows

Maybe the blade is bent?

Why does no one ever talk about Battlespire? is it bad?

please keep us up to date

Was there any occurrence of lesser daedra possessing people? I think The Princes could do that, but I can't remember anytime when any other type of daedra would.

Daedric Possession is mentioned in book "Withershins".

You'd get quests in Daggerfall dealing with daedra possessing somebody. Sometimes it's a con for them to make off with the fancy tome you bring for the exorcism and you have to track them down to get it back, but sometimes it's legit.

It's great, it's just old, weird and a sidegame.

Hey, someone else is playing Arena.
I posted most of my playthrough here last year/early this year.

If you plan to actually complete the whole game, I'd recommend playing any kind of mage, or else it's going to feel like you're trapped in a PSA for potion addiction.

>taste of Death quest
>trying to be righteous
>kill Eola in the Hall of the Dead and it right there
>wowit'sfuckingnothing.jpg

Did I make the right choice or could I have gone a bit further and root out the Namira cult?