Ork thread

Post orks.

Pictured, the most adorable friggin walkers in the galaxy.

Also, how do we make the Ork dex good again?

Make boyz 2 points each

That would certainly make wielding hordes more viable.

How would you make taking Sluggas over shootas viable?
Imo, Shootas are always the better option, because ultimately, Sluggas only get like 1 extra attack when compared to Shootas, at least if I recall correctly.

WHY THE FUCK YOU CAN'T WIELD THESE GUYS IN A SQUADRON?
HELL, WHY ISN'T THERE EVEN A GOD DAMN FORMATION THAT LETS YOU WIELD TONS OF STOMPY SHIT, WITHOUT HAVING TO GET A FRIGGIN GORGANAUT??

OI! DAT DER KILLA KAN IZ NUT RED 'NUFF!

Are killa kans any good?
I wanna buy and convert a bunch and go all stompy on my foes.

DATZ ADORA.. ADARU... AD... UMM REEL ZOOGIN' KYUT BOSS!

Why do these guys have to look so ugly?
That god damn belly makes them look so stupid.

Boyz are fine as they are. Theyre cheap, tough and if they can get into CC theyre dead killy for their points. Orks just need to have some minor buffs to their transports

If you were to give new units to Orks, what would those be?

I'd give them some sort of looted artillery vehicle.

is that a smaller naut inside the bigger one? can the smaller one get out and fight?

a way to to reliably get into melee, shooting rules be damned

I am not exactly sure what the thing inside is even. It is converted, the standard model doesn't have jack shit inside of it.

Squighound mobs
For artillery all they need is a plastic kit for bigtrakks with supakannons, and rules with a more sane points cost.

It's just a pilot kitbashed from a kopta.

Sadly, no. Grot tanks ultimately do the same thing, but with a invul and without the stupid nerfs with panic and trap CCW.

Man, I like Orks.

But I just never got to play. So my army remains unfinished, half-painted, and gathering dust.

lookd like a control seat+driver setup.

I've got about 6k points, definitely my favourite army, but with the rules being such a shitty, uninspiring mess it's all been collecting dust for years now.

That's exactly what I mean. I can't even be bothered to keep up with the modern rules.

New boy sculpts when?

Tradition

He may have a big belly, but he makes up for it in other ways.

Orks are cool as fuck. If I didn't play CSM/KDK I'd definitely play Orks instead since I love kitbashing and converting minis and both armies have the most opportunities to do so, Orks more so. Like, if you have an idea for something model-wise, you can do it with Orks and it will almost always be justified.

If only the rules encouraged or even allowed it more. As it is there's fucking zero options for customising anything unless you go for extremely overpriced FW rules.
Take a look at the unit entries for the 30k Archmagi, just imagine how glorious it would be if Bigmeks had that sort of option buffet.

it's orks dude, it's supposed to be fun and killy, not bootifool

>Futa Gargant

I think 3rd edition was the only time they had an edge over Shoota Boyz beyond the attack bonus, though only against MEQ/TEQ, and for a higher cost than Shootas which were already more expensive than they are now.

On the other hand, all Ork units also benefited from double initiative when charging so long as they passed a mob size check.

>I'd give them some sort of looted artillery vehicle.

My Kanz have carried my team more times than I like to admit. Bring as many as you want.

How should the Killa Kans be improved ruleswise?

Roll them back to last edition's for starters. And probably keeping the slight point reduction they got.
Giving at least a larger squad a invul like the Grot tanks get would also be good.

Do you know what shape the most dangerous fucking creatures in the world have? I mean, the non-venomous ones? They're barrel-shaped. Huge broad fucking masses of muscle and thick bones that're gonna crush you into paste if they get to you. Hippos, rhinos, elephants, bears, sharks, orcas, the thing they all have in common is that they're huge, ugly and awkward-looking barrels of fucking-you-up.

man, orks are so awesome. I started an army, but after realizing that I'd need 100+ models to play, I gave up and switched armies. Maybe one day..

Biker spam is way better these days though. Then again, it will likely cost more anyway.

ORK FIXES (ADJUST POINTS COST ACCORDINGLY)

1. An Initiative increase across the board. Boyz are now I3, Nobz are now I4, and Warbosses are now I5.

2. Army-wide Furious Charge.

3. A Ballistic Skill increase across the board. Boyz are now BS3, Nobz are now BS4, and Warbosses are now BS5.

4. Choppas are now AP4. Big Choppas are now AP3.

5. A Toughness increase across the board. Boyz are now T4, Nobz are now T5, and Warbosses are now T6.

6. A Leadership increase across the board. Boyz are now LD8, Nobz are now LD9, and Warbosses are now LD10.

7. Army-wide Feel No Pain 6+. This can be improved with Wargear and Painboyz up to a maximum of 4+.

8. Painboyz and Mekboyz are Elite choices. You may take up to 3 of each type as a single Elites choice, and you may distribute them as Independent Characters.

9. Mekboyz now have access to Kustom Force Fields. A Kustom Force Field grants a 4+ Cover Save to all models completely within 18 inches, including vehicles.

10. A Waaaaagh may be called once per game, and grants all Orks in your army Fearless for that turn. Calling a Waaaaagh also allows all Orks in your army the ability to reroll their Charge distance for that turn.

11. Characters now have access to non-Mega Armour wargear that grants a 2+ armour save, 1 per army.

12. Characters now have access to non-Mega Armour wargear that grants a 3+ invulnerable save, 1 per army.