Sup Veeky Forums

Sup Veeky Forums

In advance, I've been awake for so long that I'm probably brain-dead, but I've been thinking about this one for a good few hours and I need to either find out if it makes sense or put the idea to pasture. My hypothesis is a very simple one, but probably sounds a lot like bullshit.

Berserk is a retelling of the story of the God Emperor of Mankind, particularly on one of the Imperium's Agri-World. Some food for thought on the subject:

>Griffith fell into a comatose state after a battle with his Favored Son (Guts).
>His death led to the birth of a Fifth Chaos God.
>After his comatose state, many of the main characters of the Band of the Hawk were killed, with the remainders betraying him. This is akin to the Primarchs and their current state in the grim darkness of the 41st millenium.
>Those who did not continue to worship him were marked (either with 40k's Chaos Undivided or the Demonic Mark of Berserk.)
>Griffith was seen as a larger than life leader of men.
>The Crimson Behelit gives someone great power at the cost of their own flesh and blood (a price which both Emps and Griffith paid dearly.)

I'll admit, Griffith most certainly wasn't born due to the ritual suicide and reincarnation of Terran psykers, and there's likely far more flaws in my logic, but still, I'd like to see what Veeky Forums thinks.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Conservators
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't really give a fuck about 40K but I really wish I could give a fuck to Griffith.

user, no. Remember the first rule: never stick your dick in crazy.

If Guts had maybe everything wouldn't have gone to shit.

Go to sleep OP

I doubt that Kentaro Miura knew about some random British war gaming thing in 1998 and decided to devote like half of his life to making fan fic about said random British war game. There's nothing to suggest that 22 year old Miura was some raging Anglophile and enthusiast of shitty over priced mode kits.

All Griffith need was a good dicking to calm him down.

Wait, you think they DIDN'T fuck?

Evidently they didn't fuck enough.

>everything is 40k
>i dont know any other stories

To me Griffith came across as the perfect template for a Champion of Slaanesh

>posting animu
The only true version is the manga, all animated adaptions have been shit so far

This. Griffith has next to nothing in common with the emperor. If anything its the story of a general beloved by his men who fell to chaos.

not tzeentch? son I am disappoint

On a completly unrelated note, i created a Band of the hawk Guild in Eternal crusade

90's anime was good, movie were good if you ignore shitty cgi battles

There are many other figures that inspired the God-Emperor's story.
However the part about the primarchs has really got me thinking about this,

You must be mad to think of him as a follower of tzeentch, his plan is wasy to direct. He's also the eombidment of perfection, described as beatiful und graceful,etc

No, the 90s Anime looks like shit even for its time, and the opening is a crime

>the opening is a crime

You shut your mouth, nothing is wong with the opening.

worst music choice ever. total tonal disconnect

best music choice ever. total fantastic contrast

Fair point, I never would have expected anyone to devote this much time to a manga (one that was seen as good enough for multiple anime adaptations) only for it to be based on 40k of all things. From an entirely lore-based perspective though, would it not be an interesting theory?
I'll admit, champion of Slannesh makes more sense, especially if we assume that the Crimson Behelit was one of Tzeentch's artifacts, meant to make Griffith into a god (taking a pawn away from Slannesh and creating a new, manipulatable ally.)

We could either take that knowledge and purport that Guts is Khornate purely based on his killing prowess, or take a different stab at why he was able to carry a sword taller than himself into battle.

My thoughts? He was actually a Conservator: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Conservators on one of the distant parts of the Arsharn March, who crash-landed there.

something's seriously fucking wong with you