Love and Krieg 2.0 and other write faggotry

Awhile back it was proposed by an user that Veeky Forums create a version of Love and Krieg that was closer to cannon. This proposal took root in my mind, and i have endeavored to do so. This is not because i do not like the original, i rather enjoy it actually, i just wish to put forth some new content. This is not meant to replace it, it is is just a different, slightly more serious, take on the concept.

It is my hope that this will foster content creation, and that other user's will also drop some Krieg write faggotry of their own.

I'm afraid i won't be able to post much tonight, I've other obligations, but i committed to getting this started before the week was up and i knew if i didn't do it now i probably wouldn't so here goes. If the thread is still up tomorrow i'll continue.

Trenches aren't like hive tunnels he mused, running a hand along the earthen wall in front of him. Oh sure the smell isn't that far off, and you're ankle deep in scum either way, but trenches were really nothing like hive tunnels no matter what corporal Haanrath said.

Inside of a hive it was warm, and when the air moved in the tunnels you knew what it meant. It was cold here in the trenches, with the open sky over your head and the wind thrashing every which way like an addict who'd gotten a bad dose.

His thoughts were interrupted by a shout “Sir! Sergeant Brinkerhoff Sir, the lieutenant wants to speak with you”

Rochus looked up from his contemplation to see Trooper Kranz stopping and coming to attention. Piet Kranz was the newest man in the squad, though he had been soldiering as long as any of them. He'd been a part of the Batavi 86th infantry regiment before it got cannibalized to make up for casualties and he'd been reassigned to the 602nd.

He was a tall man, and a hard man. The other men respected him, but he was not one of them and they all knew it. Usually that just meant that when the rest of them were laughing about some shared joke he was off on the sidelines, unable to appreciate the humor without a point of reference. Sometimes though, it meant the men would nominate him for jobs the rest of them didn't want. Like running a message.

It was a bit of a problem. Kranz resented it, and Rochus didn't blame him for that. He would have resented it as well, but there wasn't much to be done. It's not like he could just tell the rest of them to lay off, that'd just make things worse. Only thing for it was to wait until they'd been in a few firefights and the unit gelled a bit.

“Thank you Kranz, you are dismissed.” He said as he stood up and started towards the platoons command bunker, and then more to himself than anything “Well, lets go see what this is about then”

It was a bit of a walk back to command. The sergeant has wandered into a section of trench manned by the Death Korps 208th, as was his wont to do when he wished to be alone. It was impossible to truly be alone in the crowded confines of the trenches, but being surrounded by the silent son's of Krieg was the next best thing.

Whereas the trenches manned by his regiment would have buzzed with the low hum of conversation, punctuated by laughter, this section of trench was almost silent. The only noise was the hiss of respirators and his feet squishing through the mud. The guardsmen here didn't call out greetings as he passed or try to socialize. At most he'd get a watch-master inquiring as to his purpose and then be left alone.

It had been disconcerting at first, when they had made planet fall and met their new allies three months prior. On Trieste when they had met Guardsmen from different planets, or even different regiments from Batavi, there had been “friendly” competition. Contests of strength, seeing who could drink the most amasec, bragging back and forth as they told exaggerated stories about their prowess, that sort of thing. That hadn't happened here.

The Kriegers would speak, if spoken to, but their answers were terse and to the point. They did not initiate conversation unless it was for a specific purpose, such as delivering a message. Attempts to engage them in friendly competitions had been meet by either silent staring, or quotations of regulations from the primer, depending on the nature of the invitation.

Some of the men speculated that they may all be servitors. That if they pulled back their ubiquitous gas masks they'd find graying flesh and steel augmentations. Whatever the reason, no one could deny that the silent faceless masses of the Death Korps were eerie. It hadn't been long before attempts to socialize stopped, and the Batavi men kept to their own trenches. So far as he knew sergeant Brinkerhoff was one of the few men who interacted with them, if sitting in the same trench ignoring each other could be called interaction.

As he crossed over the invisible line into Batavi territory and approached his destination he wondered if this meant they had orders, or if one of his boys had gotten caught doing something stupid. Probably both. After covering the last hundred meters or so he turned into the hole in the trench wall that lead to the platoons command bunker. 'pretty grand title for a hole in the wall' he thought to himself as he ducked through the entrance in to the confined space. He smiled. It was poorly lit, dirty, and the ceiling seemed to press down on him when he straightened up and his hair brushed across it's surface. Felt like home.

Lieutenant Adrianus Goossens was waiting for him behind his desk. Poster boy for the Imperial Guard Goossens was not. He was short, hunched over, his uniform was stained, and he had been horribly scarred when half of his face was torn off by a maniac with a chainaxe. He was most definitely not the sort of officer young boys pictured following into battle on behalf of the Emperor, but his men loved him. He cared.

Coming to attention Sergeant Brinkerhoff snapped a salute “Sir, reporting as ordered Sir” he said. The lieutenant stood and returned it, before gesturing for the sergeant to take a seat.

“Alpha's got new orders Brinkerhoff” He rumbled “ Need you get get your men ready, the company is being pulled out and sent back to the depot for reassignment.”

not bad
and nice digits

Thank you.

Don't anyone worry if i don't post for a second. That's not all i have for the night, but i need to pop out for a bit on an errand. I'll be back.

bumping for OC

“Understood sir.” Brinkerhoff said, and then paused for a moment before asking “Sir, any idea what command has planned?”

“I don't know Rochus” He replied shaking his head“The captain is keeping his lips sealed tight. You'll find out at the same time I do. Dismissed Sergeant”

“Thank you sir.” he said before rising to leave. As he exited the bunker he passed by Sergeant Teunissen, who nodded to him as he ducked in.

His squad's quarters wasn't too much farther past the command bunker. Trooper Ramaaker was sitting outside the entrance with a lho-stick hanging from between his lips. To the outsider it would appear as if he had stepped out to light up, but Rochus knew it was just his turn on sentry duty. The men took turns keeping an eye out for the Commissar.

As he drew closer he began to hear faint music emanating from the mouth of the tunnel that lead to the dugout that served as his squads quarters. He recognized the tune. Mulder was playing that music again. Ramaaker straightened up as he drew closer and saluted as he passed. He could hear the soft soprano singing about her lover gone to fight for the emperor clearly now, and over the sound of the music two men having the same old tired argument.

“Turn that tripe off Mulder”

“Go sit on a chainsword and spin mate, the music stays”

Inside the men were lounging about. Haanrath and Eikenbern where laying in their cots, and the rest of the squad was sitting in a circle around a small wooden table playing cards and drinking rotgut from Pender's still.

“Worst thing that ever happened to us, you finding those recordings” Quirion Otten said as he stared at Mulder over the top of his cards

“Worse then clearing heretics out of Ravenna hive on Trieste one room at a time?” Mulder snorted before taking a pull from his drink.

“At least I was allowed to shoot them” Quirion replied.

As Mulder opened his mouth to reply Rochus cut him off by clearing his throat and announcing his presence. He really didn't care to hear the same old tired back and forth and they hadn't the time for it today anyway.

“Alright men, get everything stowed away.”

“Why? What is it sir, an inspection?” Pender asked as he moved towards his still and began hiding it.

“No Radboud, there isn't an inspection. We're being sent to the depot for reassignment. Get everything packed and get ready to move out.” Sergeant Brinkerhoff said.

As he finished speaking the rest of the men began to move. Mulder, the squads Vox operator, turned off the recording and began to make ready the communications equipment. The rest of the men gathered up their hell-guns and helped each other into their Carapace. Once they were kitted out they stowed away their personal effects into their rucks and pulled them onto their shoulders. It didn't take long before the squad was ready to move out.

It was about a seven kilometer slog through the trenches from the front back to the depot and regiment command. When Brinkerhoff's squad and the rest of Alpha company arrived they were quite content to doff their packs and start settling in. After dugouts in the side of a trench the sight of a real barracks was wonderful. Unfortunately before they could get too comfortable the captain arrived.

"Attention" called out the lieutenant as as the captain walked in the door, and the men snapped to.

"At ease" Captain Visser said, and the men relaxed. "The Colonel has asked that we attend a briefing in one hour. I expect each of you to be a shining example of the emperor's soldiery. Prepare accordingly. That is all, carry on" He announced to the room before leaving out the door."

In the captains wake men polished their boots and fussed over their gear as if there was an inspection. The hour passed quickly, and soon they were shuffling over to be briefed. They soon saw they were not alone.

As they walked into the briefing they were joined by skull masked Death Korps grenadiers.

“Something big is happening” murmured Trooper Gelen quietly “can't just be routine reassignment or the skull heads wouldn't be here”

“Quiet” Hissed Corporal Haanrath

Sergeant Brinkerhoff slipped in behind the Lieutenant, coming to attention as he took stock of the room. All of Alpha company was here on the left side, and on the right an equal number of the masked Krieg Korpsmen. At the head of the room behind a lectern stood Colonel Koning and his Krieg counterpart.

Before he had time to wonder why they had been assembled the Colonel spoke. "Gentlemen, I have been informed by Captain Quintus of the Imperial Navy that inbound Tau reinforcements have been detected, and are expected to arrive on planet within five days. It is imperative that we take their stronghold before they are given the chance to reinforce and resupply." He paused briefly before continuing wryly "Unfortunately, their fortress is sealed up tighter than a Sister's legs."

There was a polite round of laughter among the alpha company men at their superiors' joke, though the Skull masked Krieg Grenadiers made no sound. The laughter died off quickly, leaving only one or two men weakly chortling. It was awkward to laugh when half the soldiers in the room were standing there like statues. The Colonel cleared his throat, looking slightly abashed as he did so, signaling the end to the laughter.

"However, we have a plan" He said gesturing to the masked Colonel on his right hand side "The 208th Death Korps have been tunneling beneath the Tau encampment. In light of recent developments we've extended the shifts to speed up the process, and they are projected to break through to the surface in two days."

As he spoke he pulled up a display behind him of the Tau position and pointed to an area that had been outlined in red "According to high altitude scans made by the navy, is the location of their primary AAA battery. We will use the tunnel to insert a strike force inside their perimeter and destroy their anti air capabilities, at which point a combined assault by our air wing and mechanized units will pave the way for a decisive push by the infantry. which will be spearheaded by the 208th."

"Alpha company you, along with the 208th's First grenadier company, have been selected for the honor of preforming the initial strike through the tunnels."

That's all for tonight. Gotta get ready for work. More to come tomorrow.

Before bed bump

Giving you another bump as you sleep because this is great and I want to see more. Keep up the great work, user.

Hmmm, let us speculate until the next update to keep the thread alive. What do you all think is going to happen?

Probably romance

Your wit wounds me sempai.

>trieste
>ravenna

Thanks for keeping the thread alive while i was gone. Feels good.

Well you've found me out. Guess i'll need to go commit Sudoku now.

For the record bump before bed user wasn't me. As i mentioned here when i left i was getting ready for work. Just got off actually. I'll drop a bit more and then i gotta sleep, but i'll be back when i get up.

So when does that army on the planet Venice move in on the hiveworld and ruin everything?

They spent the night at the depot before descending into the tunnels in the morning. The Grenadiers lead the procession, and Alpha company following them into the pit. Sergeant Brinkerhoff found himself and his squad towards the front of the column of Batavi infantry, and consequently spent the march through the tunnels staring at the backs of the rearmost elements of the Grenadier company. In particular one soldier trailing behind the other Grenadiers caught his attention.

He was short and slight compared to the Batavi Troopers, but then, most of the Death Korps Troopers seemed to be. His equipment marked his as a Medicae. Slung over his shoulder was a medikit. On his left wrist was a scaled down Reductor. A Diagnosticator was built in to his mask over his left eye. In and of itself his appearance wasn't all that interesting. Rochus had seen Medicae before. Just because this one wore a skull mask didn't make him all that special. No, what made him interesting were the servitors that were following him.

Their hands had been refitted as surgical instruments and their eyes replaced with Diagnosticators like most medical servitors, but they had racks built into their backs. It was bizarre. He could think of no explanation for why a medical servitor would require built in storage racks. Adding to his confusion was the fact that they were empty. If they had held additional injectors or field sutures he could have understood, but they were completely empty. It niggled away at his brain as they marched until, when the stopped, he approached the Korpsman intent on learning the answer.

"Medicae-"

"Quartermaster Sir" The trooper interrupted.

The sudden interjection caught him flat footed, and he stared for a moment before asking "Quartermaster?"

"It is my designation Sir. Quartermaster Seven zero Nine attached to the Death Korps of Krieg 208th Infantry Regiment First Grenadier company Fourth squad. Quartermaster, not Medicae. Sir." He replied.

When Abaddon's black crusade succeeds. But Venice is an individual hive, not a hive world ;)

Hey, guy from the /fvgt/ here. Glad to see you posted. Hope it turns out for the best. I'm reading in anticipation.

Glad to have you here. Hope i don't disappoint.

I'll be honest author dude, I like love and krieg the way it is.

I think making it more grounded has the potential to spoil the point.
I love the idea of expanding on it, and i'm supportive of you idea.
I'll contribute if i can, but I just want to give you guys full disclosure of why I'm hesitant to jump on board and why I am saying this.
I don't want something to shit over well loved headcannon.

In my opinion, in the grim darkness, you make your own happiness.
Nobody will ever give it to you, everyone will always try to take it away from you so you have to fight for it every step of the way.
It was actually integral to me learning to enjoy roleplaying Dark Heresy.

I took the inspiration of making your own happy place and after one mission (a raid on a enemy installation on a bunker built into a volcano on a distant tropical archipelago so far away from imperial structures it may as well have been on it's own planet) I called in to the Inquisitor that the Aquila was damaged and would take weeks to get up and running again.

We spent a month sunbaking and swimming, getting drunk, eating luxury rations we found in the bunker, telling stories around campfires, bonding over shared loves and hates and generally living in paradise.
Healed our wounds, reduced our insanity and we always promised we'd come back one day.
We never did.
We didn't live that long.
But that didn't matter.

For a short while we had happiness over the idea of a perfect little island. A Jagged black volcano jutting out of a small blue sand island surrounded by hundreds of miles of warm green water.

If we had a feeling we wouldn't see each other again we would actually roleplay and say things like 'if I get there first, i'll set up beach-towels and i'll bring a cooler for the drinks'

Terranis is just a paradise that they fought for.
It was where they found eachother.

Just like bluebeach was ours.

I'd like to say I like your writing so far though

First, i would like to thank you for raising your concerns. I appreciate the input. I would also like to thank you for sharing about your Dark Heresy campaign. If you wouldn't mind, i'd like to hear more about it.

Like i said man. I like Love and Krieg as well. I'm not trying to replace it, or debunk it. That really isn't my purpose here. Honestly i would love nothing more than to see some user's continue with the original story. I'd like to hear more about Terranis and the revitalized Death Korps. Love and Krieg is the reason i started liking the Korps. If i hadn't read love and krieg i wouldn't have gone on to read dead men walking or down amongst the dead men, and those are some of my favorite black library books. I'm really not trying to crap on it, and i really hope it doesn't come off that way. Maybe i shouldn't have called it love and krieg 2.0. I didn't intend to actually, but i couldn't come up with a better name and i figured it was the name people who i had been talking with this about would recognize it by.

I'm just putting an idea i had out there cause i hope some user's will enjoy it, and i further hope it will help other user's to put out there own ideas as well. That's really all i'm trying to do, is help generate new original content for the board and share my love for the Korps.

Thank you.

It's really good you understand what I'm saying, I feel like a lot of writeanons would get something like that and feel it's a personal attack on them. (And just by the way your writing is really good, i'm getting into it already and keenly F5-ing to read more)

I think Love and Krieg 2.0 is fine for a name, it serves as a very clear indicator of what it intends to be. The only alternatives I can think of are things like "love and krieg, continued" or "love and krieg, another side story" or something of the like.

But I also am reminded of Crazy Hassan.
Lots of writers, lots of different styles, some stories much more serious than other. and you're able to basically pick and choose which stories you like and consider worth remembering and which ones to gloss over and not bring up.

I think if this is good (which it certainly is going in that direction) it can just become an extension of the existing Love and Krieg narrative

I like the ideas you're putting out there and I will see if I can write up some more of the Dark heresy campaign to, if nothing more, bump your thread and put more content to read in here for lurking anons.

So far so good!
Keep going!

The two most polite user's on Veeky Forums.

Gracias user. I hope i don't disappoint. If you have any content you wish to share please do so.

Adding on is all i'm trying to do. Honestly i don't think my writing is all that good, but i figured hey, why not try. Worst that happens is i get insulted on Veeky Forums, and that happens every time i come here anyway.

Gonna drop one more post and then i need to sleep for a bit.

The sound of the Krieger's voice was muffled by their gas mask, so Rochus couldn't hear him very clearly. As best he could tell the voice was quite raspy, but it didn't sound very deep. Young, he sounded young, or perhaps just effeminate. Hard to tell really.

"Right then, Quartermaster." He said, regaining confidence. With the son's of Krieg a direct approach was often the best approach he had found, so he just asked out right "What is the purpose of the storage racks built into these servitors?"

"My duty is to see to the disposition and maintenance of the Emperor's equipment Sir. The racks allow me to collect the weapons of the martyrs when battle is concluded Sir." He said. He was very quiet, and as he spoke the words were flat, and without inflection.

Well that answered his question. But i raised a new one.

"Why do you have medical equipment then?" He asked. After all if his purpose was to look after the companies weapons it seemed ill-fitting.

"My purpose is to see to the continued efficacy of all of the Emperor's equipment sergeant" He said, placing emphasis on the word 'all'. It took the Sergeant a moment to realize what he meant.

"Surely you don't mean to say you consider a man the same as a lasgun?" He asked incredulously.

"We are tools in the hands of the Emperor Sir, born to die in his name. Our lives are a resource, just as surely as are lasguns and tanks." Was his response. His voice did not rise in volume, but his tone changed. It was the most passionately the Sergeant had ever heard a Krieger speak. His words were filled with absolute conviction.

That fervor was disturbing. This man was ready to die. He didn't consider his life or the lives of his comrades to be worth any more than what they could purchase in death. Rochus decided he didn't really care to continue this conversation.

"Very well then Quartermaster Seven zero Nine. Thank you for answering my questions. I need to be getting back to my unit." He said, and turned to walk away.

Alright well i'm off to bed. I'll see you all later this afternoon if the thread is still up. Hope to see some other people's writing as well.

Oh hey, I remember you. Glad to see you're working on the Love and Krieg thing you wanted to do, just read through it all and it looks good.

Funny enough, I ended up putting that Khorne Berserker story I was gonna write on the backburner to work on something about a Krieg quartermaster who ends up getting taken in as an acolyte by the inquisition. Still working on the beginning, hope you'll give it a read when I start posting parts of it. Although first I'm gonna have to actually iron out the first part, where he actually meets and gets taken in by the inquisition. Problem with how I've been writing is I've made his entries more like mission reports than journal entries, to sorta drive home the point that the main character is a heavily indoctrinated soldier. That's fine for later when he starts interacting with new stuff, but for now it feels kinda boring to read, I'll have to fine-tune it since the first part is what's supposed to catch attention.

If you post it I'll give commentary as to what I think you could do to make it better.

I bump for the Emperor!

Alrighty then. Here's what I've got up to before the inquisitor gets involved, spidered to avoid any confusion with OP's stuff.

+++The following has been taken from the personal logs of Krieg Quartermaster Unit D-1373R. Entry #1+++

It has been 572 Terran Day-Cycles since regiment dispatched to Hive World Corvin IV. Calculated fatalities in the last week: 2,347. Equipment sets retrieved from the deceased: 2345. Losses: Acceptable.

Plan developed by high command. Squad will deploy with melta bomb to open a hole in heretic’s fortress. Brunt of the army will prepare for assault immediately after their fortifications have been compromised. We deploy in 16 hours.

+++Entry #2+++
Squad deployed with melta bomb at 2000 hours. Squad contained 10 units, equipped with standard issue gear plus two grenade launchers, one plasma rifle, aforementioned melta bomb, and ammunition for all non standard issue armaments. Watchmaster led squad through the ruined streets under the cover of night, towards our destination.

Approximately halfway to our destination, squad discovered sounds of gunfire. Per protocol, we found a vantage point to observe the situation and determine next course of action. 10 heretical units detected, more seen dead, locked in combat with unknown forces. Magnoculars were deployed, insignia of the Inquisition discovered on unknown fighters’ equipment. Watchmaster advised, intervention deemed necessary.

Squad engaged, heretical forces surrounded to prevent retreat. Special weapons not deployed; deemed to be waste of ammunition. Casualties: 10 heretics slain, 1 Krieg units KIA, and Squad Watchmaster injured beyond saving. After establishing severity of his injury, this unit granted the Watchmaster the Emperor’s Peace. Per protocol, this unit became acting squad leader via seniority. Equipment of slain units recovered and stored for future retrieval.

Communication established with Inquisitorial forces following end of the firefight. All four Inquisitorial units survived and were uninjured. Units were:
-Male, muscular build, short brown hair. Equipped with carapace armor and bolter. Large knife in sheath at his hip.
-Male, thin build, shoulder-length black hair. Equipped with synthskin, light carapace armor, long-las, and bolter pistol sidearm. Most likely trained as a sniper, based on choice of equipment.
-Female, toned build, short black hair. Equipped with sororitas power armor, chainsword, hand flamer, and holy text marked with the seal of the Inquisition. Assumed member of Adepta Sororitas.

Query placed as to Inquisitions goal on Corvin IV, informed that information was classified. No further queries made. However, Inquisitorial units began to discuss amongst themselves concerning their mission, their conclusion was to commandeer squad for their secret mission. Orders accepted, request made to inform command of short detour. Request denied on grounds of mission sensitivity and limited time. Confirmation requested due to interference with previous mission, sororitas confirmed before situation could be fully explained.

Word of Inquisition is word of the Emperor. Mission parameters adjusted accordingly.

Mission briefing delivered during transit. Squad was to assist in capturing certain documents in heretic library to assist in identifying further corruption. Further information neither granted nor requested. Squad informed that damage to books unacceptable until specified documents were secured. Squad arrived at scene at approximately 2200 hours. Perimeter was secured by armed heretical forces. Firefight ensued. 3 Krieg units KIA, equipment was secured safely. After firefight, squad told to hold position and keep watch while Inquisitorial units searched library. Inquisitorial Units returned approximately 30 minutes later with dossiers, squad then instructed to start fire and burn library down. With squad at half strength, proceeding with original mission deemed too risky. Squad and Inquisitorial units returned to base. No resistance encountered, stored equipment from previous engagement was secured on return trip.

Squad arrived at camp at approximately 0100 hours. Command demanded answers immediately on sighting. Upon seeing Inquisitorial markings on the sororitas, this unit was allowed to explain with permission from Inquisitorial units, who remained close to ensure that no sensitive information was disclosed. This unit specified that squad was acting on this unit’s orders, received from Inquisitorial units. Report was accepted, and squad was pardoned while this one has been condemned to execution by firing squad for insubordination. Inquisitorial units surprised by news, explanation for punishment requested. Command explained protocol before this unit was taken to holding cell to await execution in the morning.

This entry has been made for archival purposes upon request of local command, with confirmation from the following surviving squadmates:
Unit A-4189K
Unit G-3901P
Unit F-2471J

And done. Got some more done beyond that, but that's the section I'm worried about. Maybe I'm just worrying too much,but yeah,feedback appreciated.

Not critique-user but I enjoyed it.

Good to hear! I dunno, maybe I'm just being over-critical of what I wrote then. I'll see if I can finish up to the first inquisition mission and then I'll post it in a different thread, thanks user.

Funny how coincidence works.

Also not the user who offered to critique for you, but i thought it was pretty good.

OP here.

Thanks for posting. I like it. Any more? Or if you are not ready at this time that's cool as well of course.

Posting update in just a bit.

Little more, yeah, but I want to wait to post it until after I've gotten more done.

Oooor not. Sorry guys, something came up on my end. If this was a dnd group i'd probably be booted.

I can understand that.

The real question is, are you gonna post tonight?

I don't think he's going to. Pretty sure that's why he apologized.

Well on the one hand he let us down when he didn't update. On the other hand, he is trying to do something nice for the board. So I guess I can forgive him and toss out a bump. Besides, I do wanna see what's next.

bump

If the Quartermaster acknowledged his statement he neither heard nor saw it as he returned to his squad. The boys were sitting in a loose circle. They'd taken their helmets off and were passing around lho-sticks as they waited. Rochus joined them and pulled off his own helmet. They were safe here in the tunnel,might as well be comfortable. He nudged Alfons and motioned for him to pass him a lho-stick. After lighting up he settled in to listen.

"-nd she had legs like a sentinal" Gelen said, but before he could continue he was interrupted.

"You mean they were gangly and skeletal?" Trooper Baiman, a snaggle toothed underhiver, said. The men laughed and Gelen colored slightly.

"It's an expression!" He said indignantly.

"If it is it isn't a very good one." Said Mulder and the men laughed a bit more as Gelen sputtered.

"Relax Koenraad" Said Ramaaker "Just a bit of a laugh is all, you know we don't mean anything by it."

He sputtered a bit more and the men finished up laughing, and then suddenly Baiman turned to Kranz.

"Hey Piet, you're from Assen-hive right?"He asked

"Yeah, what of it?" Kranz replied raising an eyebrow

"Is it true what they say, y'know, about Assen-hive women?" Baiman said while cupping his hands in front of his chest.

Kranz snorted and said "Five months we've been in the same squad and you ask me now?"

"Well i hadn't thought of it till just now" Said Baiman.

Kranz shook his head and chuckled. "No, unless your women were as flat as boards i doubt it."

The banter continued back and forth as the men waited. After a while the conversation slowed down and ground to a halt, and the men turned in for the evening. They spent that night in there where they had stopped, and then continued down the tunnel after they woke until they reached the waiting drilling rig. Once again they stopped and waited. But this time there was no conversation as they waited. The air filled with anticipation as men checked their gear. It was almost time.

He wasn't sure how long they waited in the tunnel, how long they waited before they felt it. The first rumble as the artillery barrage began and the Earth-shakers lived up to their name. He quietly mouthed a prayer to the emperor that the tunnel would hold. Apparently either Krieger engineering was just that good, or the emperor was indeed looking over them,because though some dust trickled down from the ceiling with each muffled boom the tunnel held. At the head of the column the captain drew his sword.

The captain wasn't a man inclined to give long speeches and flowery words. There was no place for such things on the battlefield. Rather, he raised his sword and bellowed out "We are Alpha! First in, first to draw blood! For Batavi and the Emperor!"

The roar of the men's response was drowned out as the engine of the Hades breaching drill came to life. The screaming whir of it's four power-cutters filled the tunnel as it leaped towards the wall and began to power through towards the surface. It surged forward, opening up the earth, and Alpha company and the Grenadiers charged into the breach after it.

Brinkerhoff's legs pumped furiously and his feet pounded into the ground as he ran up the incline. Ahead he watched as the drill tore through into the light of day and men began to pour over the lip of the tunnel. He could hear weapons fire as the guardsmen opened up on the unsuspecting xenos. A few yards more, and then he was through.

He brought his arm down, signalling the men behind him to turn to the left and clear the mouth of the tunnel. The surprise was wearing off and the xenos were beginning to return fire. Blue and red bolts flew through the air as they exchanged fire. The ground near the tunnel was strewn with the corpses of the Tau caught in the initial confusion and Alpha company had established a beachhead.

The sergeant and his squad took cover as best they could in the shadow of a nearby building and began to fire at the Tau as the grenadiers began to stream out of the tunnel. What Tau there were left in the area had dug in around their objective, the anti aircraft battery, but they were fewer in number than the tide of Troopers flowing out of the tunnel. Most of the alien defenders would have been called to the front when the artillery fell and the men began massing in anticipation of an assault. This area was relatively lightly defended. The foul Xenos had clearly underestimated their cunning and thought they would just dash themselves against the walls until they bled dry.

It was clear to him, it would not be long before they took the objective now. They would advance slowly but surely, with squads leapfrogging from cover to cover as the remainder laid suppression fire on the Tau until they were close enough to engage them in melee and finish them off. Then, with the defenders vanquished, they would be able to plant the charges and blow the guns. They'd done it hundreds of times in drills and in the field. He could see it all play out in his mind.

The Death Korps it seemed however, had different plans.

He stared, as the grenadiers charged out of the tunnel and just kept running, straight into the teeth of the Tau. They ran past the men of Alpha company as they took cover, and continued to run across the open ground. Ensconced safely behind a wall of human shields in the center of each squad, was a Trooper with a meltabomb.

The Tau poured fire into the oncoming grenadiers, but they barely even slowed their charge as men leaped over the bodies of the fallen, or trampled them under foot. The lead squads melted away, ceasing to exist as the fusillade took it's toll, but the squads behind them gained ground for every body that fell to the earth. They ran on, as they littered the ground with bodies, until they jumped over the barricades the Tau hid behind and fell on them with Bayonets and Entrenching tools. They bludgeoned and stabbed the xenos, spraying their uniforms with bluish-purple blood, as the Batavi men stared.

It took less than two minutes. Barely even one. The charge, the slaughter that followed. Over in seconds. As the Grenadiers began to set up the meltabombs and the Quartermaster and his servitors began to move among the dead Thijmen Haanrath voiced what every man in the squad was no doubt thinking.

"Emperor above..."He murmured and made the sign of the Aquila.

Rochus blinked once, twice, and then his mind caught up with what had just happened.

"Well what are you standing around like a bunch of Schola Juvies for" He shouted "Get to cover, dig in! That made a lot of noise and the Xenos will have heard it. It isn't over"

Snapped out of shock his men leapt to do as he said, and around him he could see other squads doing the same. In short order they established a perimeter facing outwards towards the rest of the Tau encampment. Out of the corner of his eye he could see Grenadiers joining the line, and then the meltabombs went off with a boom that he could feel in his chest and made his ears ring. They'd opened the skies.

Alright. First off, i'm sorry. I'm sorry i didn't update last night when i said i would. I'm currently in a bit of an awkward place story wise, where i have the back half written, but i'm kinda writing off the cuff here for updates. So when i got called away yesterday before i could wright anything i figured "well i'll get back before i have to go to work at ten. It'll be fine." And then it wasn't. So i'm sorry. I really shouldn't be making excuses, i promised and i failed to deliver, and that is on me. I hope you guys didn't give up on me, and i hope you like what i dropped this morning. Sorry there isn't more, but i need to go away for a bit. I may be back this evening. Hopefully. Have a nice day anons. Many thanks to those who kept it alive over night. I am not worthy of your kindness.

You're doing good work here user and you're being exceedingly polite and well mannered about it.

Keep on trucking OP, keep on trucking.

Another bump!

I cant wait to read it.

you've done your part user, the emprah smiles upon you

bump

I like your story so far, keep it up.

Cant wait to see what else you got in store for us, though if you don't mind, could you link your posts together?

I would like to read it.

Bumpin

I LIVE!

and sure user, i can start linking posts together. I'm sorry for the inconvenient formatting. I forgot to do it the first few times and then i just kinda kept not doing it seeing as i hadn't up till that point.

I know i say this every time, but many thanks to all the anons who kept this alive. Every time i go away in the back of my head i'm terrified i'll come back and see the thread is gone, cause i'm not sure what to do at that point. If it's dead that means it probably wasn't wanted, and i probably shouldn't start a new one, but i'd really want to finish the story. Anyway, thanks anons, i feel loved.

Update incoming.

So where do you want this to sit in Love and Kreig lore?

Or more accurately, the Death Korps had opened the skies. Their attack had been pure brute force and zeal, without any semblance of what the sergeant thought of as proper tactics, but it had gotten the job done. 'Far quicker' he admitted to himself grudgingly, 'then we could have done it ourselves'. And every second counted on a mission like this. The vox officer would be reporting their success, and soon the Valkyries and Vendettas would fill the sky and rain death from above.

He turned back to see if any more grenadiers were coming. There were a few stragglers hurrying towards the line, but it looked like most of them were already in position. The only trooper not rushing to get into position was the Quartermaster, who was still working among the dead with his servitors. Sergeant Brinkerhoff turned just in time to see the quartermaster strip the mask off of a fallen grenadier and slip it onto a hook on a servitors back.

'By the golden throne' He thought to himself 'he's little more than a child'. The dead grenadier's face was free of any hint of stubble. His cheeks were smooth and his features soft with youth. If he had been even seventeen Rochus would eat his helmet. He couldn't have been any older than his little brother Agner back on Batavi. Throne, he was probably younger than Agner was at this point.

Any further musings were cut short by the shout of "Incoming" from down the line. He turned back to face forward and saw that the Tau were approaching in the floating APCs the men called "Devilfish". He held his fire for now, no point wasting ammunition if there wasn't anything his Hellgun could damage. Down the line a trooper popped up with a tube on his shoulder and launched a missile at one of the oncoming Devilfish. It flew true and struck the Xenos vehicle on the nose, knocking it to the side. More missiles began to fly and the men cheered and shouted obscenities at the aliens as their advance faltered.

As Tau began to emerge from the downed vehicles Rochus and the Troopers around him opened fire, scything down the enemy soldiers as they disembarked from their burning transports and sought for cover.He smiled. This was nothing like fighting heretics on Trieste had been, the aliens really were as pathetic as it said in the prime-

BOOM

To his left one of the squads with heavy weapons and the outcrop they were sheltering behind disappeared in a flash of blue light and heat. His eye followed it back to it's source and he blanched. What in the warp was that?

It looked like, like some perverted Xenos version of a holy dreadnought was descending from the sky on wings of fire. And it wasn't alone, there were two more. The foul xenos...things, alighted on the rooftops and leveled their obscenely large guns at the Imperial Guard line before opening fire. Under cover of their cannons, the Devilfish began again to advance.

Well, i see it coming Pre Love and Krieg really, quite a bit before actually. As i said i don't wish to invalidate that which came before, and these Korpsmen are sadly without the promise of the Sonnenlicht as their reward for their service. They know only the rain of Krieg.

As the floating APC's grew closer they opened up with their forward mounted cannons, hosing the guardsmen's line with pulse fire, and smaller robots detached themselves and brought their own turrets to bear, further increasing the deluge suppressing Alpha company and the Grenadiers. Safe from retaliation Xenos warriors streamed out of the vehicles , before beginning to move to flank the Guardsmen's position.

From behind cover the servants of the Emperor tried to resist as best they could. Reaching around the sides or popping up over the top to fire at the enemy. Rochus squeezed off a volley from his hellgun, and was rewarded as the bolts struck a Tau warrior in the chest and it fell to the ground limp like a puppet who's strings had been cut. Blue energy whizzed by his head as he ducked back behind the outcropping. On his right another squad disappeared in a flash of blue light as the cursed Xenos walkers fired their guns.

To his side one of his troopers fell to the ground clutching his shoulder and began to scream. It was Baiman. The bolt that struck him had burned a hole straight through his armor and then on through his shoulder the size of Rochus's fist, charring the surrounding flesh as it had burrowed through him. Pender was calling for a medic. The sergeant popped out again and fired another volley at the Xenos. He couldn't do anything for Baiman now, and if they didn't fight their way out of this they were all dead. Alpha and the Grenadiers were nearly encircled now. Soon the Tau would begin closing the noose.

He saw it just seconds before he heard the supersonic boom and felt the shock-wave of the aircraft's passing. A sudden flash of red in the upper left hand corner of his peripheral vision as fire engulfed one of the Tau "dreadnoughts". Then a second flight flew by overhead , unloading their missiles into the hulking Xenos monstrosities that had been raining death down on their line and the alien APCs.

Well that's it for tonight. I'll be back in the morning. Before i pop off if anyone has any questions or anything, please let me know.

Those are awesome by the way. You do those?

hey user, I read these threads back a long time ago, I remember I stopped when the last writing were about a tyranid invasion and the daughter of the original couple leaving the planet were there more updates after that?

You can find the original on 1d4chan as love and krieg and love and krieg spinoffs, it all got preserved there. There's probably a good bit you haven't read yet if the last bit you saw was the daughter leaving with the inquisitor. Go give it a look if your interested. There's some good stuff there.

will do, then I'll read this in detail, thanks!

bump

bump, pic unrelated

The Troopers cheered as the enemy heavies went up in flames. No longer forced behind cover they began to fire in earnest at the advancing Xenos infantry. The air grew thick with blue and red bolts of energy as Hell-guns and pulse-rifles spat death and hatred across the battlefield.

Rochus was sighting down the barrel of his gun at an alien when he heard the whine of Valkyrie engines overhead and the enemy exploded under lasfire from above. The first flight had swung back around and was now hanging over them, strafing the Tau. The Valkyries opened up their holds and disgorged troopers, who fell rapidly before firing their grav-chutes, arresting their momentum and expertly touching down safely on the ground.

Despite the cacophony of weapons fire and shouting suddenly it seemed quieter. He realized it was because he could no longer hear Baiman screaming. He looked over expecting to find the trooper dead, but found instead that Pender's desperate cries for a medic had been answered. The Quartermaster was there, working on Baiman with swift practiced efficiency.

He watched as he pulled out the injector he had just used to pump Baiman full of pain killers and laid the wounded soldier down. When he turned back again after firing off another round at the Xenos the Quartermaster was packing the wound, and when he looked a third time between taking shots he was wrapping it.

"I need something i can use to prop up his feet 30 centimeters" The Quartermaster said in his raspy monotone. Pender pulled off his pack and proffered it to the medic.

"Will this do?" He asked

"That equipment is-" The Krieger began but Pender cut him off

"Will it do?" He insisted.

The Quartermaster stared at him for a moment before grabbing the proffered pack. "Yes" He said curtly, a bit of pique coloring his tone as he slid it underneath Baiman's feet.

His work finished the Quartermaster turned to face him and said "Sergeant, I've done all i can at this time. His wound is not fatal and he has been treated for shock. He should live. I will require covering fire to get to that position" He said pointing at a nearby squad where a man was on the ground clutching at the stump of what used to be his leg.

Rochus nodded. "Understood. On three then." He paused for a moment and then said "and thank you" while motioning towards Baiman. Baiman was one of the few men left from his original squad. They'd been recruited at the same time out of Ultrecht hive on Batavi and survived 10 years together on Trieste. He wouldn't say he was a friend, but he knew he could rely on him when the chips were down. He was grateful he wouldn't be adding a new name to the list of fallen comrades in his head, wouldn't be adding another memento to the collection he used to remember them by. Disturbing he may have been, but the Quartermaster knew his business.

The Death Korpsmen nodded and then readied himself to run. Behind their cover the sergeant counted down on his fingers to the rest of the men. 3, 2, 1. They popped out from cover and hosed the tau with suppression fire as the Quartermaster sprinted towards his target. Though a few blue bolts of energy licked at his heels he made it to cover unmolested.

With the support of Valkyries and the additional troops that had dropped into the battle they quickly mopped up the remainders of the Tau counter offensive, and then word came down the line. The drop troopers had come with new orders. Command wanted them to push up and assault the Tau defensive line from the rear. Even with air superiority the assault was struggling. The Xenos resistance was stiff, and the 208th was taking heavy casualties trying to gain a foothold. They were to crush them from behind and open the way for the rest of the Regiments' troopers.

Alright well, gotta go for just a bit. I'll be back latter this evening and hopefully i'll finally finish the setup tonight and be able to get to the meat of things.

Just wanted to say I just popped in and read the whole thread, I love it.

Page 8 aint great

Ah ah ah ah stayin alive staying alive.

Imperial sanctioned bump

ONE FOR THE KORPS!

Alright and i'm back. Many thanks to those who kept it alive. Update incoming.

For Krieg, For the Emperor

I'll get a story from my Dark Heresy Game typed up some time soon for this

The wounded, including Trooper Baiman, were evaced in a Valkyrie and the Company and the Grenadiers began to move out in the direction the Tau counter assault had come from at a fast trot. As they double timed it through the Tau encampment they could soon hear the sounds of pitched battle ahead. Rounding a final corner they saw the back of the Xenos line.

"Charge!" shouted the captain, and the men ran at them bayonets first firing bursts as they sprinted towards the Tau. Their approach was far from silent, and the aliens wheeled about to face them, but they were too slow to stop the charge and the men of Alpha company and the First Grenadier company slammed into their ranks.

Letting his gun hang by it's shoulder strap and slide across his back Rochus drew his chainsword. As he thumbed the igniter it whirred to life. As a Tau warrior tried to club him with the but of it's gun he knocked it's weapon asside, and then dragged his screeching blade across it's chest. The chainsword dug a furrow through it's armor and tore into it's torso, spraying Rochus with chunks of purplish blue viscera. Tearing his sword free from the corpse he pushed it to the side, and launched himself at the next nearest Xeno. In training he had proven to have a talent for the blade, a talent which he had honed in desperate fights for his life in the close confines of the hives of Trieste. He tore through them, the xenos proving unable to offer any significant challenge.

The attack from the rear created a break in the Tau firing line, and guardsmen streamed into it. Death Korps troopers poured over the wall and joined them in the melee. Soon the entire Tau line was consumed in a desperate struggle to survive. As Rochus stepped over the mangled corpse of his latest kill he saw a member of the Death Korps run through by a Xenos holding a blade. Raising his chainsword he roared a challenge and charged the Tau warrior.

looking at that last bit I begin to worry my prose is turning purple. Oh well, more on the way.

The blue alien raised his blade overhead and ran to meet the sergeant. They met in a clash of steel as the Tau warrior brought his blade down at Rochus's head, and he interposed his chainsword in it's path. Their blades locked and they struggled to gain dominance over one another. After a moment Rochus began to overpower the Tau, but before he could shove aside his sword and break through his defenses the Xenos broke his blade free of the deadlock.

The exchanged blows furious blows, weaving a deadly web of steel between them as they slashed and parried. Rochus was the stronger of the two, but the alien was faster and possessed of a foul cunning. His blade slipped past Rochus's defense and sliced across his bicep, opening the flesh of his arm.

The Xenos cried out in triumph as his defense faltered, and brought it's blade down for the killing blow, but Rochus deflected it off of his gauntlet and then drove his Chainsword to the hilt into the Tau's chest. Blue blood trickled from the corners of the aliens mouth as it gurgled it's last breaths and then died. The carcass slid slowly to the ground pulling free of his Chainsword as it fell. Around him the last of the Tau were slain and troopers poured into the Tau encampment. The battle was over, they had won.

The blue alien raised his blade overhead and ran to meet the sergeant. They met in a clash of steel as the Tau warrior brought his blade down at Rochus's head, and he interposed his chainsword in it's path. Their blades locked and they struggled to gain dominance over one another. After a moment Rochus began to overpower the Tau, but before he could shove aside his sword and break through his defenses the Xenos broke his blade free of the deadlock.

The exchanged blows furious blows, weaving a deadly web of steel between them as they slashed and parried. Rochus was the stronger of the two, but the alien was faster and possessed of a foul cunning. His blade slipped past Rochus's defense and sliced across his bicep, opening the flesh of his arm.

The Xenos cried out in triumph as his defense faltered, and brought it's blade down for the killing blow, but Rochus deflected it off of his gauntlet and then drove his Chainsword to the hilt into the Tau's chest. Blue blood trickled from the corners of the aliens mouth as it gurgled it's last breaths and then died. The carcass slid slowly to the ground pulling free of his Chainsword as it fell. Around him the last of the Tau were slain and troopers poured into the Tau encampment. The battle was over, they had won.

I'm sorry anons but that is probably all for tonight. I have a final tomorrow i'm afraid. Maybe i might drop one more post before bed, but don't get your hopes up. I'll try to drop at least one post in the morning before i head for uni.

Could i ask you all a favor? I would love some feed back. I'm actually amazed it's gone this long without anything more than "it's good" or silent bumps. Not that i'm not appreciative of that, i am, its just i would have figured you guys would have something to say. If it's too much trouble you don't have to, but i would love to hear what you anons are thinking.

Further the bump

All I've got in mind is a touch up on your spelling/ proof reading in the last 2 posts. You've got quite a decent story going. Hints of Gaunts Ghosts.
I've referred a mate onto this for a worthwhile read too.
Wanna bump with more. IG models.

Nah man. They're pretty sweet though.
'Da Emperruhs Orciest'

Did i miss any spelling errors, or just stylistic concerns?

"The exchanged blows furious blows".
Didn't read well to me. Maybe just me. I'm enjoying the story. Please don't get me wrong.

t.never learned to greentext

Rifle butt is 2 T's and now I feel like I'm being petty.
But double edged bump.

Alright, thank you for the feed back. I'll be honest writing combat really isn't my strong suite (in my opinion) so i'm actually quite happy to hear what is less than great so i can learn from my mistakes.

Thank you. I'll try not to make that spelling error in the future. There wouldn't happen to be a way to edit posts would there?