Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Legionary Picture Day Edition
New Ultramarine bitz Sub-Edition
Too sleepy to make a proppa summary right now, sorry boys >HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Can someone flood ADB's blob page with this wierd bookcover things?

Literally crash the site

Second for Ravens Talons should be a free swap for LCs

third for anyone wanna redpill me on whether or not I should get the lascannon deredeo or the autocannon one?

user, we can't do that. Let him just be confused about the pics.

The Iron Warriors saved mankind and the imperium at Istvaan V through banter and bitterness.

Do you need help cracking heavy tanks? Then its good, maybe not a must and a bit expensive but it looks good. You could potentially penetrate a tank 4 times in a single shooting phase.

sexy atramentar

on the one hand, 50 extra points...but on the other, I think the model looks awesome and probably won't be as floppy/bendy as most other deredeos I see with autocannons, but on the other hand, 50 points...

I was wondering when those guys would come out. That helmet isn't standard Cataphractii is it?

50 points is nothing

>That helmet isn't standard Cataphractii is it?

It's one of the standard ones from the plastic kit so far as I know

Sure looks standard.

Wait are they for real Atramentar? A Cataphractii unit only armed with Chainglaives would be awful! Slower than Phoenix Blades, cannot run or sweep, lack even conditional AP2, only Rending. A Lightning claw unit would probably be better.

Lens look a little different than this.

Only because it's painted differently. It's just a flat surface when it's unpainted.

He's probably squinting through his helmet because he's angry, Clint Eastlwood style

Its just a standard plastic cataphract with the chainglaive kit they just started selling.

I guess I can take that.
What about this Fist?

The Fist
The bad

And the Bitter

I'd watch that. Didn't that IW get abandoned on Istvaan?

Yes, he was considered unstable and was left on Istvaan V to hunt the Ravens. Records say he chose to remain, and I think the Ravens end up killing all three IW killgroups one by one.
Corax went full Predator on a Dreadnought, ripped its spine out, that kind of stuff.

Finally built one of my UM praetors. I just need to clean up some of my greenstuff work, then I can begin on the others

Did they honestly think they could find a bunch of sneaky Beakies being sneaky?

Slightly different angle

Mhmm, artificer MkIII
At that time Iris Kendrel had not yet invented the Ironfire, and they didn't know about Thiel's thesis on hot marine x marine action, but we all know the disporportionate amount of casualties the Istvaan III survivors inflicted on the traitors.
I mean, the EC losts what, 50 000 marines out of 110 000.

Should've just nuked them like they did the Salamanders.

With courage and Honor brother!

I like his belt buckle

Sneeki breeki

>At that time Iris Kendrel had not yet invented the Ironfire, and they didn't know about Thiel's thesis on hot marine x marine action, but we all know the disporportionate amount of casualties the Istvaan III survivors inflicted on the traitors.
>I mean, the EC losts what, 50 000 marines out of 110 000.
Do you count the loyalists within the EC with those are not?
You'd think they'd run out.

Yes, both.
The DG in comparison lost about 20 000 marines, but maybe half or more of their armoured vehicles.

Is anyone else extremely worried that Inferno has been delayed, and keeps being delayed, because the Thousand Sons keep playtesting like shit?

We know the SW win in the lore but how do you represent all the shit that held them back in the lore with out it playing like shit on the tabletop?

Good shit or bad shit?
>Inb4 shit shit

How careful should I be about ordering HH stuff from ebay? I'm assuming everything shipping from china is a recast.

>HH movie starting Jhonson, Magnus, and Alpharius

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

Could honestly be both. The psychic phase can be busted OP or completely useless depending on rolls and restrictions. And if the entire legion is revolving around that? Welcome to balance hell. Add into this the new SoS into this as well lol and welcome to 3 years of delays. Thats just what Im worried about anyway.

>keep playtesting like shit?
source?

>We know the SW win in the lore but how do you represent all the shit that held them back in the lore with out it playing like shit on the tabletop
That has absolutely nothing to do with game rules.

> Lion
> Not the Wardrobe

Do you think I'd get much flak for counting his back ornament as an iron halo?

Why is Chris Wraight on there.

What do you mean source? I was stating my worries with the long delay. I'm just wondering what other people think.

>That has absolutely nothing to do with game rules.
True, but they do have to be balanced within the game. Do you understand what I mean?

If the question of winning or losing as the TS is did they bring sisters of silence? Then shit will be pretty boring pretty quickly. But that doesnt have to be the question it could be well these psychic powers make this too good and these ones are all bad. What happens if we balance around these one but they get or use the others? Hmmm...

He's one of the "major" BL writers so he had to go up there. For a Dong Hunter he's not too bad.

>Lion
>not the Lion

Alpharius also likes to change

I'd say he's bretty gud.

Nah. It's not too different to what Garro does, but if you want to add stuff to it, well that's fine too.

So far he's the only BL author not to get complaints.

So I fuckin hate FW's Sigismund and want to fix him.

Gonna transplant the praetor's legs on him.

Use some mkII arms combined with some Custode gloves for that old school 30k glove look.

Use Polux's shoulder pads.

Give him a better looking Iron Halo and shave off that stupid head laurel and greenstuff some fuckboi hair on him.

Some chains on his sword arm too ofcourse.

Did a mockup on MS paint.

Can you skyfire with the Lascannons? If you can, then they should be better than the autocannons. The exoshock rules allow a second penetrating hit with ignores cover, so even if they could get a jink save versus the first one, the second will slip through and wreck the bird.

He's got that ISHYGDDT look.

custodes gloves aren't exactly to scale, and he may end up looking like a gorilla

holy shit I didn't even think about that. and yeah the helical array should give it skyfire. next question: atomantic pavaise or missiles worth it for a deredeo? was thinking of the missiles purely based on rule of cool.

Just let them use certain units to give them 1 extra warp charge, like Orks, so for every infantry unit you get an extra dice then counter that by saying if any psyker gets perils then they are removed from play instantly. BAM! Bunch of psychic dice, bunch of choices to make.

>stupid head laurel
Plebeian taste, but it's still better than the Baldismund FW is trying to push.

He is Death's Champion for a reason m8

Are you using it alone on the backline? Then the bonus few ap3 shots would be cool. Especially if you stay put, because your main weapons would have skydive and cannot shoot ground targets effectively.

Are you gunlining with iron warriors or the like? Then the 4++ plus 6++ to guys nearby might be worth it.

Honestly, you should be using this thing for backfield flier/heavy tank killing. The 4++ will be better suited so you can sit him out in the open and not be LoS blocked by ruins or some shit. And this is 30k. You should have enough ap3 in your army to not need 3 more shots.

Skyfire not skydive

Sorry, I'm on my phone.

Praetor Harambus, never forget.

awesome response, thanks man. and finally my last question: what are people using as a proxy for the atomantic pavise?because there's a giant gaping hole in the top of the deredeo.

>your main weapons would have skyfire and cannot shoot ground targets effectively.
I thought that only mattered when Intercepting stuff. As in, you Intercept with Skyfire in the enemy's turn because you haven't moved, and if you want to shoot at ground targets the next turn (and obviously didn't intercept so you can actually shoot anything) then you simply move and lose Skyfire (but also Interceptor)

Someone post the police dread Deredeo wee oo wee oo wee oo

New Night Lords user here again

I am thinking about buying and cannibalizing a bunch of CSM Raptors for my night lords. I think it will work, but I'd like a second opinion.

Night Raptors get MKIV torso and head, raptor/talon arms/claws, pack, and legs.

Terror squads without Volkite get raptor BP/CCW and torso, MkIII everytning else

Volkite Terror Squads and other Marines get MkIII everything

I was also thinking about giving the raptors MkIII heads, and maybe putting the talon heads on the terror squad.

Would this work? I think it would give me some spooky NL

Can someone post a MkIV marine next to a MkVII marine? I want to know the size differences in the kneepads for painting some decals on, like company markings.

"If the Deredeo chooses to neither move nor Run in its turn it may, if its controlling player wishes, gain the Skyfire and Interceptor special rules for that entire game turn (ie, both the controlling player’s turn and their opponent’s following player turn) for all of its weapons except its heavy bolters/heavy flamers."

Unfortunately it doesnt say that you get to CHOOSE to Skyfire, just that your weapons gain skyfire. So snap shots at ground targets.

Turn 1 get into position and shoot tanks. Turn 2 stay still and shoot tanks/fliers, intercepting fliers. Turn 3 fliers should be dead, can't shoot weapons that intercepted. Turn 4 mop up fliers/tanks.

If you stay stationary, just don't choose to gain skyfire if you dont need it.

>I think it will work, but I'd like a second opinion.
Its the same as my first and third opinion, yes.

Night Lords are right up there with Word Bearers and World Eaters for leading examples of "typical" CSM among the traitor legions. Given that they were THE trendsetters for over-the-top brutality and sadism with the use of mutilated remains of their victims Its hard to argue against the use of CSM bits and kits for 30k NL. Heck, it might even suit them better than the FW resin kits because of how much effort they made to have the edgiest armor possible.

If you can't get hype over an army coated in dismembered remains and skullspikes purely for the sake of shock value and gore over bland, perfectly uniform marks of factory-fresh armor than you need to seriously reconsider if you actually want to play Night Lords.

I'm just making sure, sorry.

I can get hype, trust me. I was just freaking out because the first time (wasn't in the last few threads) I asked about using raptors as legion raptors, I took shit for it and put it aside for awhile. You've helped, though, so thanks.

So, on the topic, I'm doing it.

Who should get what heads? I think the MkIII grate would look cool on a raptor, but the MKIV heads are also pretty cool.

whenever I look at garro's face, I see max payne.

>My Praetor is MKVII
>I just say it's his Siege of Terra armor

AND NO ONE CAN STOP ME.

I never said I would. Show us how he looks and we can judge you accordingly.

If people give you crap because you use plastic in 30k then the best solution is to counter-grognard them by bringing up the Visions of Heresy artbooks and IA articles. Furthermore, Night Lords are the epitome of style over substance so anyone insisting that Night Lords would even care about dumb crap like "supply lines" "standardization" or "common sense" is obviously far too unfamiliar with Night Lords for their opinion on the matter to mean anything.

Besides, the proper response for a Night Lords legionnaire in response to anything ever would be to call him a loyalist while throwing another infant on the barbecue

>mfw my Master of the Armor has a Black Templar MkVIII chest, MkIII backpack, hands, shoulder pads and head and armed with a Heavy Bolter and a lighting claw plus a BT banner to represent the re-roll morale buff

Mixing armor marks is love.

What would you guys use for a right shoulder pad for a Delegatus? I was figuring on pic related, but I dunno, maybe you guys have a cooler idea.

I recommend these. They are usually seen on trustworthy individuals with reliable orders from your legion's High Command

Good night, /hhg/. I made this just for you guys since I didn't do a thread summary.

And in case you want the unedited version.

Thank you. That is exactly what I needed to hear.

I'm picking up a box of raptors right now so I can get to work when I get home.

How Is the Horus Heresy: Primarch Series
Anyone have links to it?

Trying to make a 2500 point Zone Mortalis list with the shitty, tiny force org chart.

Fucking kill me.

World Eaters – Zone Mortalis Assault Force – 2253 Pts.
~HQ~
Legion Praetor - 185
-Power Fist
- Paragon Blade
-Digital Lasers
-Iron Halo

~ELITES~
Red Butchers – 295
-The Devoured w/2 Chainfists

Legion Veteran Squad - 221
-4 Power Swords
-Heavy Bolter
-Sergeant w/Lightning Claw and Artificer Armour

~TROOPS~
Legion Tactical Squad – 240
-5 Additional Marines
-Legion Vexilla
-Extra CCW's
-Sergeant w/Power Sword, Melta Bombs, and Artificer Armour

Legion Cataphractii Terminator Squad – 202
-Heavy Flamer
-Sergeant w/Thunder Hammer, Combi-Melta and Grenade Harness
-Deep Strike

Legion Tartaros Terminator Squad – 460
-5 Additional Terminators
-10 Volkite Chargers
-5 Lightning Claws
-2 Power Fists
-3 Chainfists

~FAST ATTACK~
Rampager Squad - 255
-5 Additional Rampagers
-Champion w/Power Fist and Artificer Armour

~HEAVY SUPPORT~
Legion Heavy Support Squad- 160
-Autocannons

Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron - 235
-Plasma Cannons
-Chainaxes
-Sky Hunter Sergeant w/Power Axe

2500 points ZM...................what in the actual fuck bro, are you playing on like the hugest table in the known world?

Actually just did a quick MkII and Custode Glove splicing, and gotta say it looks normal.

>World eaters
>Not running 6 full tac squads with all chain weapons and apothecaries randomly flailing around the he tsblr

mixing HH plastics and the raptor kit won't look tooo great, since the raptor kit is loaded with details where the mkIV is relatively spartan

You could honestly use it as-is, provided you shave off/fill in the overt chaos symbols. They've got modified mkIV helms in the box.

>zone mortalis
>jetbikes
>zone mortalis
>heavy support squads
>zone mortalis
>no apothecaries
>zone mortalis
>Z E R O dreadnoughts

>over two thirds (decreasing though) of my loyalist IW are in MKVII
>I just say 'you can thank the ordo chronos'

Yeah, I hate myself.

My only dreadnought doesn't take up as many points as the squads I have, and I'm using as many of the things I own as I can. I'm still coming up short.

The damned force org chart only has 3 troop slots, but I'm doing what I can.

It's kind of large. Best part is, it's a team game. 5000 points a side.

The organizer may be an actual retard.

Remember, if people say that 30k Mk VIIs are heresy that just means you're doing traitor legions right.

ugh I feel your pain bro, there the odd spaz here who just think more points = more fun, when in actual fact the smaller ZM games are nail biting slug fests. Have a pic of a double match on a sexy board I played a while ago as my condolences

Close quarters, lots of units, and you're playing World Eaters? It sounds like it'll be a meat grinder. I love it.

Post a battle report when you return from it.

Oh, I will. Should be a wild ride.

He doesn't seem to understand the concept of games under 4000 points being fun.

Also:
>that pic
Fuckin' jelly. The board I'll be playing on is featureless pink insulation foam cut into a shoddy labrynth. It's a damned shame.

oh you poor, poor user...........get a fat mat and some walls and upgrade your life brah

Thanks user. I certainly did not expect that.

I can't stand HH art for abusing pure white.

>You make things completely flat you fucking fool.
>brightness is made by surrounding it in goddamn darkness, not just making it white

Are the Betrayal at Calth/Burning of Prospero actually decent games on their own?

I'm quite tempted to snag out after the disappointing Skitarii/CultMech "battleforce" but the issue is that my local area is pretty lacking in 40k players, much less 30k players, so functionality as a boardgame is a concern (at least until I move away from "literally the forest" in a year or so).

>>zone mortalis
>>jetbikes

>implying driving these at breakneck suicidal speeds down narrow corridors with sharp turns isn't badass

>heavy support squads
>zone mortalis

>implying they aren't just mobile Tarantula Sentries

Rest is valid.

I've heard no complaints about them and the people who played BaC said it was quite decent. They're probably not as good as Space Hulk but most likely better than the assassin vs. csm boxed game.

Nah, the mobile tarantula is the rapier battery. With the added benefit of being more durable than regular dudes.

But really, heavy weapon teams ain't too hot in zone mortalis. You want special weapon teams. It's basically what they're made for.

>but muh HF teams

Zone mortalis is the domain of dreadnoughts, apothecaries and terminators. Plasma, melta, sweep blobs in CC.

I find flamers underperform in feelnomarinepainhammer unless you have ways to supercharge them.

>loyalist

Huh, that's good to hear since nobody really talked about the game itself.

I might try and use it to drum up interest among some of my friends (once it's fully painted).