Fate-verse M&M Game

I've been invited into a M&M holy grail war, and I need to make a master and servant. PL7 for the master, PL10 for the servant. I've also been told I'm getting lancer, and to choose the hero.
Any suggestion on just who this lancer should be?

Other urls found in this thread:

vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Lancer_of_Black_(Vlad_III)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Not using Vlad the fucking Impaler
He's even got a page of shit already made for you. Lancer of Black is the fucking best. He's Arturia levels of power, has a great motivation in wanting to untarnish his legend with all the vampire bullshit, and can turn into fucking Dracula as a noble phantasm.

Fucking this, Vlad is one of the best lancers you could hope for. you could always make up your own guy i guess but if you're going to go with a canon definitely pick Vlad.

Here's a list of his canonical shit. Have fun bro.

vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Lancer_of_Black_(Vlad_III)
>Tfw you forget the link.

We're not limited by the canon, but rad vlad is certainly high up there on my favorites.

Seriously, she's a monster.

Leonidas is also an option.

He has a unique ability that increases his stats depending on how dire the situation is
And his noble phantasm is fucking sweet.
Normally, it is a counter-attack Noble Phantasm. Three hundred Spartans are summoned, each possessing C~E rank Endurance. They protect not only Leonidas but also his Master. As they are summoned as a Noble Phantasm, the 300 people would endure the enemy's attack along with Leonidas and it will amount a strong counterattack. The more number of people that endured the enemy's attack, the more powerful the counterattack would be on the next turn.[1][2] As it recreates the historical deed within an instant, it can be activated even after the opponent's attack.[2]

Karna and Vlad III are the straightforwards answers, and I think Scathach and Brynhildr wouldn't be bad choices. They've already got fate stats too so that cuts out some of the work

>No one said Lu Bu yet
I know he's a berserker canonically but if Hercules can be a berserker than Lu Bu can be a god damn Lancer!

Oh man. I just finished a Fate campaign. Played an aspiring street magician (the non-magical kind) who summoned Harry Houdini as a Caster after finding out he had latent magical blood after all.

Well I mean "canonically" here just means that his only appearances have him summoned as Berserker. Which is done explicitly to make him too brain dead to do his typical betrayal shtick. He totally qualifies for Lancer amongst other classes.

How'd the campaign go?

If you don't have to use a canonical servant and get to make one up, use Diomedes. Dude caught the spear of Ares out of midair and chucked it back at him!

It went pretty well to be honest. A few hiccups along the way as is normal with Fate games but it was pretty fun. There was seven players all online, all in separate chats with the gm. If we made contact with another player he'd fuse the two chats so we could talk/fight/shoot the shit. It was pretty damn fun.

To be honest I only met 4 of the players in game, two of which I killed,one I allied with, and the final I got brutally murdered by.

If you got caster I'd say make Hitler

No joke I have a friend who made a hitler servant of the caster class. Never actually saw them in action but it wasn't a bad idea.

>Any suggestion on just who this lancer should be?
If you want something a bit strange and nonstandard, then Captain Ahab from Moby Dick is an amusing possibility. Harpoon all the fuckers.

I always thought Ahab was more of an Avenger. His whole shtick was revenge and it's not as if his harpoons had any particular powers ascribed to them

I'm not that familiar with the newer F/GO roles and how Avenger, Defender, or Ruler is supposed to fit in with everything else. Besides, I'm sure there is certainly a bit of flexibility in the definitions of each class.
That, and I'd just think that summoning a giant whale would be an amusing, silly Noble Phantasm.

Nice. I used Urban II once for Caster. And Andrew Jackson as Archer.

Well I mean Avenger has been around since Hollow Ataraxia so it's nearly as old as the franchise itself. Ruler I think may have been first used in Apocrypha but I want to say the concept's been around for longer. Shielder is however a /GO thing.

I can imagine someone burning through two command spells. One to ensure his loyalty, one to fill the loopholes.

>Play Fate/ game
>Decide to play a caster who can call about any weather she wants
>Claims that the very sight of her would allow people with even modest knowledge of popular culture to instantly recognize her
>Was trying to make people think I was playing Aurora Munroe from X-Men what with the typhoons and sudden floods
>I was actually playing Princess Luna

Heroes can fit into multiple classes as long as they meet the requirements. Ahab as an avenger would be the spit my hate rawr kill Ahab and probably have Madness enhancement. Lancer Ahab would be the stern, goal oriented captain with a high riding skill.

I feel like "having all of my command spells from the get-go" is good enough motivation to just Berserker the guy

>Aurora Munroe
Ororo Munroe

Also, you probably should've rode into battle on her, or had someone else do so. Make the other players think it's some servant related to Medusa that way.