Hardware wallet

Is a hardware wallet like the Ledger Nano S basically just a normal security token but tied to a wallet on the blockchain ? Is this basically correct? Or is there more to it?

Other urls found in this thread:

saltlending.com/shop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
tigerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Anyone got the set where she wears blue contact lenses and a schoolgirl uniform? Asking for my friend down here.

Private key sits physically inside the chip in the Ledger Nano S device.

Whenever you want to send your crypto, an "unsigned transaction" goes into the device. The private key signs it, then a "signed transaction" comes out and is broadcast to the network. All this happens without the private key ever being exposed to the system.

yeah, you can achieve the same with a secondary offline computer, right? What kind of software do you need for this? Or this this a feature of your wallet?

your taste in women is like that of a 12-year olds. seriously

what do you mean? SHE IS A WOMEN?! NOOOOOOOOOOO

>her

>yeah, you can achieve the same with a secondary offline computer, right?

Almost. It depends on how you transfer your unsigned transaction from your online computer to your offline computer. The chances are ridiculously slim, but there's always a chance that someone could design some malware to piggy back on USB's or whatever specifically looking for air-gapped computers to change transactions.

Hardware wallet is still the best investment you can make if you have investments worth $500+ involved.

an offline computer is enough, but usually much more expensive, and bigger.
And by completely offline you have to make sure it doesn't even have a smart printer connected.
And that it NEVER ever goes online again

Dat e-gf

would it make any sense to do the crypto stuff in a virtual machine (docker or something)?

Nah, screenshotting/screen recording malware still has a chance to grab sensitive information. And even if your private key is never exposed "to the eye", VM's aren't always bullet proof.

There's a lot of ways that can come close to being as safe as a hardware wallet, but hardware wallet is still the #1 unmatched option.

NO
and please, if you have more than $500 in this, do yourself a favor and just get a ledger or a trezor.
in the future this might mean half a million, you don't want to risk it.

That chink is trying waaaay too hard to bag herself a White guy.

All teeth and tits this is what I like

>get a hardware wallet
>get a hardware wallet
>get a hardware wallet
okay, okay :D

but they're just too bags of silicone

they don't even resemble normal breasts

she is literally a 2/10

but i'm stupid at technology, and i'm afraid of doing something wrong. the ledger sounds so complicated

myetherwallet and other wallets for other coins are just sooo easy

>but they're just too bags of silicone
she is all fake, that's how fucking much she wants to please you

sorry, even the slightest semi can't be achieved. there's nothing attractive about her

this reminds me of some cp I saw accidentally. Fuck you japan.

>Buying a $100 usb drive with $500 in investments

wtf lol

>implying you'll see cp accidentally anywhere online

>$100 usb drive
45$
saltlending.com/shop

Its fucking easy when youre browsing japanese sites

Is their a futaba or 2ch board for crypto?
I already browse both sites but apart from a brief mention here and there I can't find much.

No it was nothing crypto related. I cant even remember what i was searching but it showed lots of japanese results on the last pages of google.
And well. There are some pictures and movies going on.

You can use MEW with ledger or trezor. I have trezor its pretty easy to use and they have great support.