WHAT THE FUCK?

WHAT THE FUCK?

Is he really dead?

wtf I hate GW now

Fuck this Primarch wank, the best Primarchs are the ones that have been irrelevant for 10,000 years. They should have no relevance as anything but unimportant background fluff.

WE

HE'S CAUCASIAN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What the fuck are you talking about? How is the 'immortal' primarch dead?

He apparently lost his immortality last time he was killed in HH.

Then The Beast Arise series came out, and in "Hunt for Vulkan" he comes back and leads imperial troops and spess muhreens against orks, and subsequently gets vaporized along with one of the orks contituting "The Beast" (spoiler alert: Thw Beast is 7 different orks).

More over, as I recall, the ork survived, so he died for nothing, even if he wrecked shit hard in that book.

Salamanders and Imperial Fists believe he survived, but he was declared dead by imperial records. And he might just be dead.

Don't worry OP, he'll be black

>the ork survived, so he died for nothing
Is this the new low among dead primarchs?

>nd subsequently gets vaporized along with one of the orks contituting "The Beast" (spoiler alert: Thw Beast is 7 different orks).

No, the Beast that fought Vulkan survived. If the Beast survived the explosion, then so can a Primarch.

I fucking hope so, because it'd be And Vulkan as the second best primarch deserves better.

>people still think the primarchs are invincible gods who no one can touch
>people still don't realize how powerful orks can get

For some reason I'm in stitches with this response.

Wait, Vulkan is dead? But what about the memes?

no more memes for you

who do you think id best?

Sanguinius duh

No.

VULKAN LIIIIIVES

VULKAN LIIIIIVES

"He who has memes may live for a long time, but the memes will live forever." - Old Russian proverb (slightly adapted)

I guess you might say the future is looking grimmer, but less dark.

Nah, Vulkan lives.

GW will bring him back for their upcoming 40K End Times, along with Russ and Jaghatai and possibly Robot Gilligan.

>2 primatch threads

What the fuck is so cool about these guys? BL expanding on the horus heresy is the biggest mistake they ever did

>user is easily entertained
I don't know what I expected.

>people don't realize how tough primarchs can get

Yeah? Well what ever you like is for faggots.

>user fails to mention the one primarch that is explicitly still alive
I'm not mad at you I'm just disappointed.

Raven Raven should be somewhere with Russ and Biker Man

>2016
>Still caring about what GW or BL says
You deserve all buttflustering they inflict on you.

Sanguinius. Even though Salamanders are my favorite legion, I gotta admint Sang boy supremacy.

Yeah, gonna have to agree with these fellows. The Blood Angels sure as fuck aren't my favorite legion, but Sanguinius really was the objective best primarch.

So perhaps you can help me, cause its a problem I've been having with 40k fluff of late, what's the point in anything if Primarchs and the Emperor can solo everyone?

I mean if no-one but the Primarch and the Emperor are ever allowed to beat each other, what do any other factions get? Or is everything just a sideshow to the Emperor and Primarchs? Where's the fun in that if you don't play Imperium?

Literal faggots. He was destined to become khorne's fucktoy. He's lucky he died like a bitch instead.

Nah man, Sanguinius was legit uncorruptible. The true angel of death.

Idk whatever point the writers try to make? Primarchs are meant to be stupidity strong. They've beaten some of the toughest enemies the galaxy can throw at them.
But you're wrong in saying they can solo everything. Most primarchs can't beat the darkness in their hearts. That's why chaos was able to beat them and recruit them.

Lmaoing at you. He didn't trust the master of mankind. He was willing to fall to chaos to save his legion. He was in khornes sights to be his. He was the true red angel.

So what about Orks, Eldar, Necron, Tyranid, Tau? They don't get strong? Primarchs and Emperor are the only ones allowed to get strong?

Duh. Fuck xenos! HFY!

Why did I expect anything different from this place.

I actually agree with you. I apologize. I should've put my post in quotation marks to demonstrate I was being sarcastic.

I positively hate the anti-xeno memes/roleplay that gets taken to retarded lengths. The setting needs stronger xeno characters and more xeno victories because right now it might as well be Marinehammer with all the wanking of the Imperium GW does.

Ork civilization runs by wishes coming true. Eldar can see the future and also have the the best psykers overall. Tyranids haven't even entered the galaxy fully yet so we don't even know what shit they are capable of. The necrons have actual gods tied to a rope that they can unleash on whatever poor sap looks at them wrong and can even turn off stars with their magical galactic circuit board and have that one guy that can go back in time and rewrite history as he sees fit. The tau? Well my favorite race will duct tape a riptide to a ghost keel and mass produce them. Codenamed the 'tsunami'. surfs up, gue'la.

>Orks
The Beast? Other big-ass orkoids?

>Eldar
Phoenix Lords

>Necron
C'tan?

>Tyranid
Hive mind solo everything though

>Tau

lol

>and have that one guy that can go back in time and rewrite history as he sees fit
wat, I feel like I missed something in the lore.

He's a Primarch. They retcon Primarchs all the time. They didn't even show him die.

All loyalist Primarchs are either unconfirmed dead, in status or disappeared. Moving Vulkan from one bracket to another is hardly a reason to be upset.

Just to see the reaction, I hope they bring back Ferrus Manus and The Night Haunter in a 40K box set, and have them kill each other.

Oh, sorry, recently its become tough to tell the actual jokes apart from the serious/trolling whatever.

My comment was in response to people's disbelief that the Beast could defeat a Primarch. Personally I would like it and I accept fluff such as the Orks on Goro at face value but I also know many do not and that creates a phenomenon of making the Primarchs and Emperor appear to be untouchable.

Also Eldar are not the best Psykers overall, humans are definitely that, and they have a very bad track record with predictions.

Again I'd agree about the Beast, I was talking about others who did not. I am perfectly happy to imagine Orks can simply grow to be that tier of power in rare cases.

However, again, Phoenix Lords are simply not on Primarch level. Sadly, because I believe they are a cool concept, they are not even on Chapter Master level in the fluff.

Also the Hive Mind, though I do agree with you in principle, I have no doubt that BL in fluff would, if they engaged, make the Emperor and quite likely Magnus capable of overwhelming it. That is speculation though, so I'm not disputing your actual point.

Orikan the diviner.

You forgot about the Lion and Corax

>implying user likes anything

Everybody forgets about Corax.

>humans are the best psykers
Wtf am I reading?

Within the Master of Mankind the Emperor confirms Humans are more psychically powerful than Eldar.

Additionally Eldrad is the strongest Eldar Psyker whereas Alpha-level human Psykers are not even the strongest human Psykers;

Yet Eldrad cannot even tear a Marine in half with his psychic, an Alpha-level Psyker can tear Titans in half. Furthermore Magnus, Malcador, Lorgar, The Emperor are all humans and several leagues above Alpha-level Psykers

I'm guessing you mean to ask if other factions have Primarch equivalents or those who can fight on that level?
Yeah, they do. Eldar Phoenix Lords/Eldrad, that Dark Eldar Incubi guy, that Necron Stormlord guy, Kairos Fatewaver and other named Greater Daemons, Orks have the Beast. All those guys can fight on Primarch level, while Tyranids and Tau can sorta cheat- 'Nids could send in the Swarmlord+an entire Hive Fleet while Tau could drown 'em in battlesuit spam. Then again, at the rate the abilities of Tau tech and Nid biology increase, they could get them easier.

>Emperor confirms Humans are more psychically powerful than Eldar.

Okay, call me crazy, but I think the Emperor might have a bit of a bias against Xenos.

>Within the Master of Mankind the Emperor confirms Humans are more psychically powerful than Eldar.

You illiterate racist. He said that humanity is evolving into a race that's most psychically powerful than the Eldar. Humanity isn't there yet. They are still shit tier psykers generally

The emperor couldn't even beat drach'nyen. Also someone saying things doesn't make it true. Eldrad has called emps a weakling. Doesn't make it true.
Humans have powerful psykers, yes that's true. But every craftworld eldar is a psyker and the average eldar is a much stronger.

The strongest human psykers>strongest Eldar ones. Only the Eldar gods (past, present and future) could hope to take on the likes of Magnus in a psychic duel.
However, ALL Eldar (bar DEldar) are low-key Psykers and have much better control than human psykers, so that 99% of Farseers and Warlocks could easily match your typical Marine Librarian or Chaos Sorcerer.

Corax is just too stealthy for his own good

>I hate GW now
>now
Confirmed for not knowing about anything GW has done in the last decade.

Phoenix Lords and Eldrad are not Primarch tier at all. Drazhar similarly is nowhere near a Primarch. Kairos died to Lion, as Ka'Bandhha died to Sangy. The major Greater Daemons are also not Primarch Tier.

The Beast is, I agree, even if others do not.

The point still stands. Alpha level Psykers are stronger than Eldrad. There are furthermore much stronger Human Psykers than Alpha-level Psykers.

That is not true. In fluff Marine Librarians consistently and regularly get the better of Farseers and Warlocks (particularly Warlocks don't belong here). And Tigurius has a MUCH better track record with successful predictions than Eldrad even (supposedly the greatest Eldar seer ever)

However, I agree, without a doubt Magnus, The Emperor, Malcador, Lorgar, really any Psychic Primarch is far stronger than all the Eldar Psykers

He was sacrificed so that we may get the ultra badasses known as the beast

Also
>now
KEK
Have you not been paying attention to anything outside of 40k?

>Eldrad has called emps a weakling.

Source?

It wasn't actually Eldrad. A captured Ranger says something to the effect of 'Eldrad tried to warn that weakling Emperor of yours' nowhere does Eldrad say it directly,

>Died fighting a basic bitch ork.
Pathetic.

This desu.

>Primarchs. He wanted to spit at the thought of them. Useless, flawed creatures. Let the dead ones decay in poetic scripture throughout history’s pages. Let those that survived dwell in the highest eyries of the immaterium, singing the ethereal praises of mad gods. He had a war to win, unshackled to failures from a time of legend.

Yeah, a Ranger. Pic related, from Eldrad's entry in the 3e Eldar codex. The same edition also had Eldrad himself refer to the Emperor as a corpse in Codex: Eye of Terror, but hey, he wasn't wrong.

For once.

that's just bantz

Specializations were a mistake.

Weren't they actually black way back when?

>VULKAN LIIIIIVES
>*Stomp Stomp*
>VULKAN LIIIIIVES
FTFY

Once you go back you'll see they were black

>Taking anything black library says seriously, when the company that owns them literally ignores them

wew lad
e
w

VULCAN LIVES
U
L
C
A
N

L
I
V
E
S

I guess?

Im unclear on what that is supposed to be showing?

There's only ONE thing that defines who's a more powerful psyker than whom and it's GW crunch.

BL fluffaggots kill yourself.

Mastery Level is everything.

That's FW, not GW.

Just as WHOCARES and NOTCANON as BL.

just imagine if tyranid get to nom a primarch
oh god it would be awesome !

Black Library is canon, faggot. Deal with it.

>The Emperor’s Children were one of the first units to defect to the Warmaster. The Legion’s Primarch, Fulgrim, and his highest ranking officers, were corrupted by the decadent pastimes that Horus and his Chaos-worshippers offered. Drugged, pleasured beyond endurance, and finally broken, they agreed to aid Horus. The rot quickly spread to the whole Legion, and the Emperor’s Children willingly embraced the gratifying worship of Slaanesh.

Traitor Legions by GW by the way. How well does this fit in with BL fluff?

I don't think so, Tim.

>"Everything" cannot be canon, for that's like saying "yes" and "no" are both true - or that Tau have hooves (actual GW minis) as well as feet ("Xenology"). Where contradictions arise, one source is obviously either wrong or supersedes the other. George Mann - the Head of Publishing - has made it a little bit clearer than Marc Gascogne, who is "just" an author. The following is from the 2008 GW Annual Meeting, where he was confronted with this very question:

>In further conversation, George emphasized that Black Library’s main objective was to “tell good stories”. He agreed that some points in certain novels could, perhaps, have benefited from the editor’s red pen (a certain multilaser was mentioned) but was at pains to explain that, just as each hobbyist tends to interpret the background and facts of the Warhammer and 40k worlds differently, so does each author. In essence, each author represents an “alternative” version of the respective worlds. After pressing him further, he explained that only the Studio material (rulebooks, codexes, army books and suchlike) was canonical in that is HAD to be adhered-to in the plots and background of the novels. There was no obligation on authors to adhere to facts and events as spelled out in Black Library work."

Literally only Black Library employees disagree (Goulding and faggot ADB), despite the fact that GW outright ignores their "canon".

It doesn't and that's just the way it should be.

It's an extremely explicit reference to the first Horus Heresy novels. Anathames did not exist before Horus Rising, nor was Horus wounded by a magic sword enchanted specifically to kill him before False Gods.

I know the current CSM codex isn't particularly well regarded, but Jesus.

That's just GW copying old lore with no regard for whether it jibes with later stuff (which in many cases is itself pretty old by now). Like how in 'modern' fluff the pre-Heresy World Eaters were "renowned for their unswerving loyalty", as they were in 1st and 2nd editions, even though one would think Index Astartes killed that notion.

>That's just GW copying old lore with no regard for whether it jibes with later stuff
No its GW shitting on BLs 'were the ones who decided the canon, plz buy our books' approach.

and like every piece of GW canon, it's all half truth and half lies that will get retcon to oblivion by the next book release just as they themselves contradict previous fluff

Well, okay.

No.

Originally they were white, until like 2nd edition or so. The original Tu'Shan art had him as clearly meant to look white and now have glowly eyes and shit.

Circa ~3rd edition there was an army on parade in White Dwarf where the guy painted his Salamanders as black. It inspired the GW team to give them something different and in the Index Astartes articles that came out shortly after it was retconned that they were coal black from Nocturne's radiation.

true story.

Heh

Well then hey, at least his weird genetic mutation is still working.

The Tyranids also have Swarmlord.

>punched to death by calgar

>Vulkan
>death
VULKAN LIVES!!!

Nah, Vulkan has been killed by a fork before. Also, Guilliman almost got killed by ten marines.

>Phoenix Lords are simply not on Primarch level

Yeah, they're a step up. Primarchs go to the warp to never be seen again. Maugan Ra goes there when he needs a new gun or to drag an entire craftworld out. He's been to the warp and back he's got frequent flyer miles. Whereas primarchs have never single handedly defeated entire armies, PLs have banished entire Daemon infestations and killed Nid swarms themselves.

>they are not even on Chapter Master level in the fluff.

A regular Banshe Exarch killed the Mortifactors Chapter Master. Easily.

>Yet Eldrad cannot even tear a Marine in half with his psychic, an Alpha-level Psyker can tear Titans in half.

Try reading Eldrad's codex entry sometime:

>Ka'Bandhha died to Sangy.

He also kicked his ass and beat him with a WWE backbreaker before killing his entire army so hard the psychic blowback knocked him the fuck out. He is on his level.

Chaos fags please leave, you're the second worst faction in 40k (Tau is still worst.)

>Imperium wank
Dude everything is Chaos wank right now

>Whereas primarchs have never single handedly defeated entire armies

This is literally what they did all Crusade/Heresy.

Yeah then Sangy broke Ka'Bandha's back over his knee

He is not dead you twat.