Stat me

youtube.com/watch?v=KODo-qsBoIE

How good am I as a Veeky Forums PC?

Fuck you, go to /co/ if you want to talk cartoons. We don't need more off topic shit threads.

Shadowrun Street Samurai.

>Never watched Samurai Jack.
I pity you. I honestly do. Samurai Jack is the brilliant story of one man's Epic Level Campaign.

I have watched Samurai Jack, and it's a great show. But we have a board for cartoons, you mouthbreathing retard. How hard is that to comprehend?

Not him, but Veeky Forums isn't for discussion of JUST Traditional Games. It's for everything we can possibly relate to Veeky Forums. it's never been limited to just one thing, and trying to do so is even more retarded.

>stat me
>how good am i as a PC

>fuck you!!!! go to cartoon board plis :((((((( idiot reported
only when warcraft "lore" threads go back to Veeky Forums

kill yourselves dumb fags

Ironically he acted more like a real samurai than Jack.

Actually he'd be a pretty cool PC in my book. At least after his meeting with Jack.

A bard I guess?

One of my friends never got into Samurai Jack, because he didn't like the animation style.

Did you disown him?

the fuck are you talking about

No, but neither do we talk much anymore.

Yeah, a streetwise guy that's all bluff but genuinely wants to learn how to be a warrior would be a fun character

Real samurai had a tendency to be loud, boastful and mistreat their serfs. Why do you think they wore banners and other brightly coloured armour, with those elaborate head dresses?

A violent retard who threatened to kill people on a whim.

Depending on your era, that's historically accurate. Jack is more of an ideal than a realistic representation.

no, he had the same character flaws that you would find in any noble warrior caste around the world at one point or another.

He is not a good example of anything distinctly of Japanese warrior class. The idea that oh they were mostly cunts and he is a cunt is just a fucking hipster grimderp interpretation of history

by that logic he is also a good example of a french or german knight

>
He is not a good example of anything distinctly of Japanese warrior class. The idea that oh they were mostly cunts and he is a cunt is just a fucking hipster grimderp interpretation of history
I see someone doesn't know their history very well. Samurai weren't this eternally noble warriors with pure hearts, user. They often did terrible, terrible things and had a bad reputation for being absolute assholes to commoners in certain eras.

I love Jack, but his whole shtick is hardly representative of how samurai were. Hell, it was an insult to call someone a good swordsman, as a sword was a token of the station and side arm. Actual weapons were the spear and bow.

Yeah, he could be. But it's not an episode about him trying to supposedly out-knight a knight.

Spot the butthurt weeabanon

I hate faggots like you. I truly do. You're the ones who drag this board down into /b/ territory

i know my history quite well of course samurai weren't eternally noble warriors but to say that oh you see samurai raped and murdered, which of course they did, so MC Hammer with a sword is a better representation than Jack is nonsense. Your judging them only by one feature, cuntiness and you have just a narrow view of history as someone who thinks samurai were eternally noble if you think that is the primary feature to judge someones similarity to samurai

what makes Veeky Forums a good board is the way discussions branch out and often encompass other areas of interest that most of us as role players or war game enthusiasts often share like history, culture, science and technology. If this was just a place to strictly only talk about new rule sets and our favorite army comps it would be horribly dull

>i know my history quite well
Apparently not, or we wouldn't be having this argument.
>oh you see samurai raped and murdered, which of course they did, so MC Hammer with a sword is a better representation than Jack is nonsense
Da Samurai busted into a bar dressed in gaudy, bright clothing and boasted about how great he was. He then attempted to muscle people out of goods and casually threatened to murder people for annoying him.
I can totally see a samurai doing that. I can't really see a samurai quietly sipping tea in a corner.
>Your judging them only by one feature, cuntiness and you have just a narrow view of history as someone who thinks samurai were eternally noble if you think that is the primary feature to judge someones similarity to samurai
You do know that bushido started as a way to control nobles who were acting this way, right?

To answer the question everyone else seems to be avoiding, the concept of a gangsta samurai would make for a great PC, just maybe make him a little less murderhobo-y than that guy.

Hello there newfriend.

Please fucking lurk more

>only those who are ignorant could disagree with me

oh I see i didn't realize I was talking to an omniscient uubermensch who is incapable of being wrong I am so sorry master

I see I am wasting my time trying to actually discuss something with you

Not really, that's what makes Veeky Forums the HURR DURR MONSTERGIRLS WAIFUS WAT DO burning pile if rubbish it's become

Isn't adding two of the most murderhobo labels together likely to make someone worse?

Da Samurai confirmed for the ultimate warrior.

Fresh off the 1d4chan cancerboat, I see

Way to puss out. I'll admit I was a bit abrasive, and I apologize, but you should actually refute points instead of just saying "nuh uh" and calling me ill informed.

It's literally just a Shadowrun Street Samurai with a Ganger background.

well yeah you take the good with the bad the vast majority of discussion here isn't nearly as cancerous though

He's got the robes and the topknot down, what else do you want from a samurai beyond his looks and personality?

He did refute then you had to act like an ass

>the vast majority of discussion here isn't nearly as cancerous though
Gud joek

How did he refute anything I said?

this kind of person specifically is responsible for literally everything wrong with Veeky Forums nowadays.
Any negative change Veeky Forums had was preceded by fucks like this guy.

fine, bushido predates samurai (though there were of course noble warriors before they were stratified as the samurai class) however you are correct that its popularity and how closely individuals stuck to its tenants varied over the years and was used as a cultural bulwark against the excesses of the samurai. In different parts of Japanese history you have either more or less lawless banditry from samurai and in those times you had individuals who would be massive shitters who would certainly rob and casually murder. But you also had samurai trained in schools run by Sohei who attempted to exemplify the features of the buddah while remaining samurai loyal to a master. Such samurai were the best of them just as one who robs and murders was the worst of them

hell we are basically arguing who was more of a samurai a man like miyamoto musashi (albiet a dumb fuck version thats actually a lot worse but similar crudeness) or one like sasaki kojiro

"Yo, just cuz we gangstas don't mean we assholes. There's honor on the streets, ya hear what I'm sayin'? Even if it's just us, man. This 'hood needs some honor."

I'm sorry you feel that way but there are so many narrowly on topic threads any cancer is hardly drowning out other discussions

isn't being a murder hobo what being a PC is all about? He sees like he would be fun to role play but i would have to tone down the blackness because I wold feel uncomfortable doing tat in front of my black DM

I'd argue that Da Samurai and Musashi aren't really comparable. Musashi was crude because all he cared about was his sword skills. Da Samurai is crude because he likes using his skills to bully and push people around. Also, do we even know anything about Kojiro's actual personality? All we know is that he was furious at Musashi being late.

As I said, Jack is an idealized version of the samurai whereas Da Samurai acts more like I imagine the majority of samurai would act towards their serfs.

Especially in the gaudy and boastful aspect. Humility was not common among samurai.

yeah kojiro was a massive celebrity there is a lot of artwork and songs about him his was supposedly the pinnacle of courtly nobility essentially

All I am saying is that many samurai were obviously bad some obviously good and the proportion changed over time with things getting a lot worse in the meji era where most samurai movies and anime tend to take place

rather than argue which is on average more typical, an impossible thing to prove, I suggest that we look at which one acts more Japanese

It's easier to judge someone by historical standards than to ask which one acts more japanese.

Because acting japanese is impossible to quantify.

it seems like the simpler problem to me but that might just be because i have lived in rural japan and from my impression no one could even conceive of someone acting like that even the most belligerent drunks would mostly keep to themselves

Also I tend to think painting warrior classes as villains or heros is reductionist ans is more or less a matter of what decade of century youre examining there was such a long stretch of peace during the Tokugawa period that laws had to be passed to force people to keep training with their sword instead of doing something worthwhile like being a merchant or working their land. During that time i think such banditry and bad manners would be rare but in periods of instability and violence it would be everywhere

>rural japan
I think that's it. I'm rural Canadian and it's clear as day the distinction between metro and rural attitudes.

I imagine it's the same in Japan, though I've only ever known rural Japanese because of my town's sister city. Still, from what I know the metropolitan attitude isn't nearly as restrained.

bump

>Sam-Moo-Rha thread

Da Samurai
Male Human Rouge2/Bard1/Samurai6
CN medium humanoid

Hit Dice: 3d6+6d10+6 (45 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 17 (+2 Dex, +1 cloth armor), touch 11, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +7/+9
Attack: Mama +8 melee (1d10+2)
Full Attack: Mama +8 melee (1d10+1) and unarmed strike +3 melee (1d4+1)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Qualities: Sneak attack +1d6, trapfinding, evasion, Bardic music, bardic knowledge, countersong, fascinate, inspire courage +1, Daisho proficiency, Two swords as one, Kiai smite 1/day, Iaijutsu master, Staredown
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +3
Abilities: Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 8, Wis 9, Cha 14
Skills: Bluff +4, Climb +3, Disguise Self+6, Hide -4, Intimidate +8, Jump +8, Listen +4, Perform +8, Move Silently -6, Spot -1
Feats: Improved unarmed strike, Weapon Focus (Katana), Distracting Attack, Battle Dancer, Doomspeak
Environment: Seedy bars
Organization: Solitary

Honestly the Monstergirls threads are tolerable compared to the shitposts. At least the fetish stuff is technically done all in good fun, and there isn't retards like you getting triggered over the very concept someone would post an opinion opposing yours.

Monstergirl threads ARE shitposts
>done in good fun
Shitposters always have fun shitposting

Ah, fetish threads where the fetish is the OP? Yeah, fuck those. Nah I was referring to the threads that are at least slightly more original, or where the discussion happens organically, like that one thread where it started out as Dual-wielding Tower Shields, quickly turned into a Thicc thread, then got weird with the Dog Girl/Cow Girl debate. Or the very first Bullt Orc thread where the Artfag gave the girl a new dress.

>quickly turned into a Thicc thread, then got weird with the Dog Girl/Cow Girl debate. Or the very first Bullt Orc
All of this is cancer

Ah, the shitposter shitposts about shitposting.
How far this rabbit hole goes.

OP: Level 9999 faggot
Stats:
1 STR
1 WIL
1 CHA

Eh, it's hardly the worst stat me we've had. There was the Hitler one about a week back.

Stat him

It depends on the era of history we're talking about too, but there were pretty much always drunken asshole samurai and honorable hyper-bushido-dedicated samurai.

I'd say you are on to something but there is no way Sam-moo-Rhai has 6 levels of samurai. He's faking having it, my guess is 1, level of Samurai and 5 more levels of rogue. With every skill point possible dumped into bluff.

From everything we see when he fights the woman's two guards he looks self taught, without even the benefit of a book.

Bundle of cloth
cost: 3 cp
lightly used