Warmachine/Hordes General

Cryx Support Group

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmahords chat: discord.gg/KmXzbwD

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / da46m
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-July-1016.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/2016-wtc-list-statistics/
>WTC List Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/2016-wtc-objectives-chosen/
>WTC Objectives Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/wtc-2016-lists-and-datafile/
>WTC Lists

ded game
ded thread
RIP skub

Opinion time: do you guys think nightmare is undercosted?

I was playing a game yesterday using Pirate Queen Skarre against Lord Tyrant Zaadesh, he has Zaadesh hiding behind a mountain that I had just previously run nighmare up to the turn goes on he feats, kills some of my guys,casts Battle-Charged then ends his turn with 4 fury on Zaadesh, the its my turn. I hand out my focus having three left on Skarre and then get one back from ritual sacrifice to cast dark guidance and then feat, I then move nightmare through the mountain to get to Zaadesh which triggers countercharge from 3 of his beasts and a defensive strike on nightmare from Zaadesh. nightmare survives and proceeds to go ham on Zaadesh which is when the "gotcha moment" happened, the guy I was playing against was the local PG and pretty up on the rules but he didn't know that nightmare got smash and grab and I then proceed to hit him twice then head-butt and then go to town to finish him off.

he was pretty salty about that. we then had a discussion about his cost comparing him to other 18 pt jacks and beasts and he maintains that for what he got/lost nightmare is undercosted for what he has.

>18 points
>slayer chassis
>defensive tech only with denny
Its perfectly reasonable IMHO.

He must have got some shit damage rolls not to take out a single non-movement system with 3 charges and a defensive strike, so its understandable that he was salty

>local PG
>Skorne
Somehow I am skeptical.

that's exactly what I said, he's a glass cannon meant to do one thing and one thing only: Murder if you catch him out he either dead or crippled.

he did roll pretty crappy on the last roll with the Titan Gladiator I believe, I don't think he was able to knock out a single system.

but his main point of contention was that other character models like Proteus and similar point valued models have much less for the exact same cost

>but his main point of contention was that other character models like Proteus and similar point valued models have much less for the exact same cost
They aren't on a Slayer chassis with no guns and no defensive tech except with a specific caster. They're also not in Cryx.

Nightmare is great, and priced accordingly. If anything I think bathroom costs too much. He doesnt have an open fist and he cant drag bellow from a counter charge for I think 17 points?

Your PG is just being salty because he lost to something somewhat frustrating, but ultimatly his fault

Well beasts are on the whole more expensive than jacks. The Protectorate's stable of character heavies are awesome, and except for Hand of Judgment are all 16 points.

bump until the focus kicks in.

Daily reminder that the electric chickens are superior.

Sounds like a case of well played on your part and didn't see it coming on his part. No reason to start a balance discussion about it other then to vent salt.

the funny thing is a week or too ago I got bamboozled with my own "gotcha moment" when BOTH my opponent and I found out that Grayle had sidestep and my opponent went for a hail Mary and won when I had him dead to rights.

so I get where he's at but I maintain he's balanced for what he has/does.

Sits himself in Nightmare's range and is surprised when he dies. You end your turn in range of a heavy don't be surprised when it maims you.

What is a better deal for someone with no model who wants to start with cryx: Splitting a 2 player box or getti h the x-mas box?

Get the two player battlebox. It's 65 bucks on amazon right now and you're getting almost double the models. Either split the cost with a friend or sell the cygnar stuff.

It looks like the X-mas box only gets you a pin another light and some dice. So for 30 bucks less you're getting a 25 point cygnar starter and one less light warjack.

Guess that deals the deal. Thanks.

For reference I looked up what a BattleBox + the single bane warrior unit would cost you and it's about 70 bucks. If that doesn't sell you on the value of the two player box nothing would.

Yea. That's insane.

What's the point of the xmas box then? For non cryx/cygnar?

From what I can tell based on my knowledge of price points it's for PP to make money. It's pretty uncommon to have a reason to buy from them when I can find the same models on amazon/ebay at a lower price point. Buying from their site is full MSRP so a 10% discount with some free stuff is hardly a sale.

True. True. Especially since they have free shipping on $100 and the Cryx box is $98...

Well I hope you can take your new found savings and invest in some proper starting army. My Meta is incredibly cryx light so I can't really point you in proper buying direction past initial stuff.

Well, I have some people starting to pop up in my store, so I finally have an excuse. If the meta is generally Cryx-lite, then good. I like playing something different.

They got hit pretty hard going into MK3 but the issues are well known and set to be remedied in the coming January Errata. They're still an incredibly fun faction and this is probably one of the better times to pick them up.

Sweet. Good to know that now is a good time. They looked more fun than the others except maybe Convergence, though they don't seem new player friendly. I'd rather go with steam punk necromancy.

so are the cephalyx any good? or are they just a meme faction?

Yeah Convergence is probably a good second pickup if you want a smaller faction to play. They don't get nearly as many models as other factions (by intent) so a lot of your lists and playstyle might end up feeling the same. They're also a faction who's big on order of operations which is likely to crush a new players enthusiasm with the learning curve.

Cryx was number two by a small amount on my first faction choice. They have some insanely fun models and toys to play with. It's an army that loves spells, swarms, debuffs, etc.

They're certainly unique but don't expect to ever get any new toys from them. Simply given the low number of options available to them they'll never be competitive. They look fun as all hell to play though. I'm not spending money on like 5 packs of drudges/support models and then painting 50+ models that look the same.

Sounds right up my ally, too. I like being annoying to my opponent (to an extent), and if my game is supposed to revolve around a mage, I want to cast a bunch of spells and shit.

Sounds like you've landed upon the right faction. They have the best selection of Arc Nodes (channelers) to sling their spells through and some fairly unique spells. PP has made it a point for each warcaster to have a spell unique to them to help diversify choices going into MK3.

That's pretty cool. Nice to have some diversity. I think the next caster I want is one of the Dennegrahs.

Pickup Deneghra 1. Great toolbox, great feat, works well with several different army compositions.

Sounds like a plan.

I kinda want to try and get an Journeyman League started, but idk that I'll be able. The only people who play already have multiple armies.

Journeyman Leagues still attract a lot of veteran players in my personal experience. Dropping down to play some faster low point games over a couple weeks can be a really pleasant change over playing big 75 point games. I'd talk with the people at your LGS about it. Heck even a small Rumble style 8 man tournament is pretty fun.

Played my first game yesterday as LoE starter vs Cryx starter. Hellafun but i lost inevitably. Didnt really have the punching power to pierce the 18 armor of the buffed Reaper and had to always watch out for his goddamned harpoon, which also sucked big time and my Nephilim didnt actually do shit except shot the face of the bonechicken who did literally nothing to weaken my beasts. So my opponent pretty much killed my whole army with his 2 heavies.
So i wonder if battlebox is just bad or it is LoE or prejustice based on battlebox battles is silly by default?

If I could get 8 people, that would be awesome. I'm a long time 40k player and haven't had a stable player base in years. Just seeing people play anything makes me happy that maybe we'll get something.

You just got kind of a cheesy matchup. Some of the battleboxes have two heavies and it can just make for a bad time if your battlebox doesn't have good enough tools to crack armor.

Your battlebox feat should give you enough hitting power to break through one of his heavies if you get on top of it first. The Neraph is kind of a terrible first warbeast compared to the MK2 battlebox which had a Carnivean. It just doesn't have the hitting power in those low point games.

Well bought an army and found out i can't join a journeyman league with all the other new players. Because I didn't buy a starter box with units i didnt want and bought individual models I actually wanted instead

Haven't played in 4 or so years. How has the size of the playerbase changed?

Buy a starter box and use the models you bought as your points up?

I can only speak for my LGS as I've been playing just over a year but soon as MK3 dropped we got a lot of new and returning players. Weekly the turnout is always solid.

Buy extra models you dont want because of a bullshit rule that makes no sense. If i bought a full 75 point list why the hell does it matter how i bought them from the store.

Then don't play and wait?

I don't know what else to tell you. From what I gather, you're going to want more options anyway.

The battlebox all start with casters that work at a low point cost. If I took Caine2 or Stryker2 in a zero point game I could literally walk up the field and kill your caster on turn one or two with virtually zero effort.

He left his caster within charge range of your heavy. You proceeded to roll well (or had him as your Prey). That's perfectly normal. I'd even say he's 1p too expensive.

They're not a faction. Aside from that, they're really good. They can play a style of list that few can play and fewer are prepared for.

I suppose there is at least some logic to limiting casters, I'm more upset that the only difference between what i have is that i bought an argus over a gorax.

Were any of the charging beasts an Aradus Soldier? Because you should be running at least two of those with Zaadesh2 for the bullshit of being able to drag enemy models away from their targets.

They're optional with him. Don't spend 36 points on a gimmick.

The Soldier is already a strong beast, boasting the highest P+S of all Skorne heavies. Countercharge dragging isn't a gimmick; it's a serious problem your opponent has to deal with.

Oh and the Soldier is a stupid sac pawn target, since all of the shooting will just rebound off its 23ARM.

its time for cryxmas broken hopes and dreams editon! what do you want for your faction but your sure you will never ever get.

A competent cygnar.

>tough on Bane Warrior Officer
>new Mechanithralls can forfeit action OR movement
>Revenant Crew price cut or something that makes them better
>Bile Thralls get purge back

>Bile Thralls get purge back
Fuck no. That shit was just dumb.

>he can't kill 10/13 models before they get within 6 inches

>a single low cost model should be able to eradicate 20+ points of infantry
Cryxbabies like you apparently need that kind of crutch.

You only lose 20+ points of infantry if you're bad. Git gud!

>mfw people can't handle the Cryx Tryx

People can handle them pretty well. Why else would you be crying for buffs ;) ?

The art guy for PP said that the Khador Command Book is second for the most new art pieces, so that's kind of exciting. It seems like that book is going to have a LOT of new stuff.

>new Mechanithralls can forfeit action OR movement

of all the choices I think I like this one the best. id also love if they got Impervious Flesh.

We're talking about the old Bile Thralls, keep up.

They're gone. You're the one who needs to keep up with reality.

>what do you want for your faction but your sure you will never ever get

And that's a good thing. We are all better off if your dreams remain just that.

>he can't kill 10/13 models before they get within 6 inches

Greentext more, fag. Won't make your broken toys come back. Maybe you'll have to learn to play instead?

>mfw people can't handle the Cryx Tryx

>When my faction is broken other people just need to play better
>When my faction is weak the devs need to fix them.

>I-I'm totally not crying mom. The OTHER kids are just jealous.

Medium based infantry.

Good cavalry.

Who am I, Veeky Forums?

So when are PP supposedly releasing an updated cards after the errata hit?
I know that pdfs will be available to print, but I would rather buy cards

The only broken thing about Bile Thralls was Excarnate, which has since been fixed.

If you thought Bile Thralls were broken by themselves you need to go suck on a 12 gauge. Excarnate was the problem.

>(Zaadesh 2) Lord Tyrant Zaadesh [+28]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Titan Sentry [15]
- Agonizer [7]
- Aradus Soldier [18]
Cataphract Cetrati (max) [20]
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor [4]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew [2]
Extoller Soulward [3]

T O O D A N K

>Cetrati
Caster has an ARM buff? Skew that shit. Also immovable because why not. Vorkesh isn't necessary if you have Orin to counter spells thrown at them.
>Willbreaker
Hands out tough to Cetrati, is an instant cut in Mk3.1 from the Soles teaser, so I get another PGMT.
>Sentry
Hardy as shit, protects Cetrati from big CRAs. More than capable of murdering just about anything on feat turn. Feat solves the problem of low MAT and P+S.
>Agonizer
Countercharge lets you reposition your Agonizer bubble to catch your opponent out.
>Aradus Soldier
RNG2 drag is filthy with countercharge. You charged my Gladiator? Cool, I'll countercharge behind you and drag you away. Now there's nothing in your melee range :^). Also a magical sac pawn target owing to ARM23 against shooting. Invictors under Ossyan will only plink a few boxes off it with spikes.

the funny thing is I forgot to put prey on himor anyone else and by the time I realized I said forget it. so he was doing it without the prey bonus. I guess he just gambled that would either break nighmare and/or tank the damage with 4 transfers

nah he used an agonizer, despoiler, and a gladiator and Tiberion was off some where to the right trying to deal with my pistol wraith and the witches that were soon to follow

Nope i feated before charging actually but did not help at all. Probably you are right about armor cracking.

>He used two character beasts that have no reason to be with Zaadesh instead of the beast you're really fucking obviously meant to be using with Zaadesh
There's a reason his feat is called Serpent's Sting.

Anybody here from Manchester?

Who's a good goy then?

And I'm just over here with my leaked decks and errated cards.
And I only print out the cards for my actual lists.

>living rules set
>failroom2 digital content shill
>ever buying physical cards

The errata was almost exclusively fixing grammar errors which resulted in autistic RAWfags shitting their britches.

Le working as intended maymay!

to be fair Tiberion doesn't seem like a half bad idea. despoiler on the other hand sort of leaves me guessing, darkshroud and free upkeeps maybe?

Wigan.

Maybe if he REALLY wanted to upkeep 2 spells, cast 2 clouds, and leave up a transfer then he could do it. But if you want free upkeeps to the point where you'll spend points on it, why not bring Marketh?

I'm talking about post January errata you cum guzzling fuckwad

Are you playing at Portcullis or with the Wigan Wargamers? How's the playerbase?

What I don't like about your list is what I don't like about most bad Skorne lists right now: You try to brick up in an environment that answers that playstyle really well. Take out the Cetrati and Agonizer in favor of something that does more work.

You also don't need Max Handlers or the Soulward.

>despoiler on the other hand sort of leaves me guessing, darkshroud and free upkeeps maybe?
He's also a really good beatstick. Commit him late and enjoy the free upkeep until then.

>But if you want free upkeeps to the point where you'll spend points on it, why not bring Marketh?
Because he does nothing else for 6p plus ~1p per upkeep per round.

>Max Handlers
Redundancy. If you bring min and some die, you lose.
>Soulward
3 points to blow a hole in a warbeast is no laughing matter. A Handler can just kill a Handler for the soul, then bang goes the heavy. It also helps alleviate activation order. You can drop your Zaadesh clouds before activating the beast that wants to charge so you can heal an aspect on that beast.
>Take out the Cetrati and Agonizer in favor of something that does more work.
Like what? Nothing in Skorne does work these days. What, you want me to bring infantry? It's all garbage. Maybe Nihilators can approach behind a smoke wall then be MAT9 PS14 on the charge so can actually threaten a heavy? Maybe just another heavy with a Karax tarpit? Nihilators feel the most legit option because you can stay at RNG2 with your charges on a heavy, meaning that most heavies will need to walk forwards to reach you, allowing you to defensive strike still at MAT9 PS14.

>Are you playing at Portcullis or with the Wigan Wargamers?
Neither. I don't even think Wigan Wargamers is a thing anymore. There's a shop in Wigan town centre right next to the bus station and near the train station called Nerd Shak. It's mainly Magic, but there's a Warmachine scene of about 7-8 people who are in the shop on a regular basis. I'm a regular for both games. Normally someone will post on the Facebook group asking for a game on a date, and people will usually say yes. We got the LGS owner playing, so there's always at least one guy in.

>[Despoiler]'s also a really good beatstick. Commit him late and enjoy the free upkeep until then.
Yeah I've noticed that he's a powerful beatstick. Less MAT than the Bronzeback but hits just as hard, and if he goes in first he can buff other heavies too. It's just that the Soldier has ridiculous synergy with Zaadesh. I wouldn't even be surprised to see a character Soldier soon.

So pp still don't have the new book up on the store digitally, what a fucking joke

>(Zaadesh 2) Lord Tyrant Zaadesh [+28]
- Titan Sentry [15]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Aradus Soldier [18]
- Aradus Soldier [18]
Nihilators (max) [15]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]
Void Spirit [4]

How about now?

Is it just me, or /whg/ is 60% skorne, 30% cryx and 10% anything else? It has been like that since ever.

The state of Skorne and Cryx has forced us together as a community.

Nah, they just whine the loudest.

>The most recent Skorne posts haven't contained any whining
>"ALL SKORNE PLAYERS DO IS WHINE"

I like that a LOT more. It has the same problem as a lot of Zaadesh lists in that the only ranged element is Orin, but that's just the way it is. I've heard of a lot of people having success with a similar list.

Now if only he was released to the general public before 2025.

Lich2's mkii feat, including characters
Lich2's cloud wall returned

mkii upkeep cycling
WSC gets their mkii statline back
All Asphyxious returned to speed 6

Bane Riders become cheaper or get something to compensate for being so expensive

Charge friendly models

Def 14 Slayers

Something to replace soul drive on Inflicter, Seether and Bathroom

E-Leaps count as an attack or trigger vengeance.

Without excarnate there is no reason to nerf bile purge radius. It was so good with Gaspy because he was very mobile. Scaverous in mkii could not replicate the sucess

So yes in this case git gud. And Devs really shouldn't want certain factions to under preform so yes they should fix them.

necrobump

Anybody get any games in with the Indictors yet? My shop hasn't gotten mine in yet.

>Cryx struggles in the gunline Meta
>wanting a buff that only encourages more gunlines as the most effective counter play

Why?