MTG Pauper General

>What deck are you playing?
>What deck do think is interesting (that you are not playing)?
>What are your thoughts on the drake ban?

UB Control / Tempo
LINK: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ub-control-tempo/
LIST:
Current Build: 10 December 2016, 1600

2 Agony Warp
4 Brainstorm
4 Counterspell
4 Daze
4 Delver of Secrets
4 Disfigure
4 Doom Blade
4 Evolving Wilds
4 Gurmag Angler
8 Island
4 Phantasmal Bear
4 Ponder
4 Preordain
2 Swamp
4 Terramorphic Expanse

Sideboard:
2 Aura Flux
2 Deprive
4 Hydroblast
1 Recoil
2 Shrivel
4 Zombie Outlander

4C Tron (Basically Turbo Ramp)

MEH.

Other urls found in this thread:

deckstats.net/decks/3204/11804-pauper-battlegate-mimic-boros-/en
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/new-new-world-order-2013-04-01
mtg-peasant.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I WANT MY PAUPER UNCOMMON FORMAT.
NO UNCOMMONS
SHIT FORMAT

I'm considering getting into pauper. I just bought into standard online for $20 dollery doos and i'm having a blast. I'm looking at mono-black control, it looks like fun and not my usual style of deck. Thoughs?

banned !?!??!!??!
in pauper ?

well shit, i will admidt infinite loops are bretty ghey

Playing Orzhov Pestilence Control. It's the shit. You basically just play white for the Guardian.

I used to play bug DELVEr but got bored and the deck is really one-trick pony; dunno about what else I might want to build because having a competitive black/white build is my eternal wet dream.

Fuck Peregrine Drake.

Battlegate Mimic is a fun deck and I love it.

i have been toying with a MAGA themed pauper deck....

any insights?

Flickering ward is uncommon. I've tried to brew up heroic, never been satisfied with any of the results- they always feel like a bad hexproof deck.

If it's just the colours you care about, jeskai kitty works.

Battlegate mimic?

You build the deck exactly the way you think you do.

oh shit it does say uncommon... FFS the damn set logo is black...

well swear

The lack of walls rn is appaling.

You call yourself deplorable?

No offense, but it seems a bit weak to build a deck around. A 4/2 is not a good payoff for playing otherwise mediocre cards. Unless I'm missing something- did a quick search and got stuff like

deckstats.net/decks/3204/11804-pauper-battlegate-mimic-boros-/en

>deckstats.net/decks/3204/11804-pauper-battlegate-mimic-boros-/en
This is closer to what I've seen work effectively. Wojek Halberdiers is a bit of a hole, but everything else hits hard and fast, and you'd be surprised how effective bonesplitters can be on some of these cards.

Affinity.
Tron.
Eh. Like Cloud of Faeries it was answerable, but I'm not sad it's gone.

Most of them. RDW for events, reality acid for kitchen table.

Boros bird burn (kuldotha/kitty to some)

I would like to see drake in the format but not the familiars combo.

Playing Jeskai Kitty forever and always. And sometimes Morbid.
Want to play Tortured Existence but am never happy with lists.
Drake was dumb. Good fucking riddance.

fuck yeah virtuallynowincons

Trying GB Threshold/Dredge
I netdecked someone because I'm new to the format. It's neat but far from optimal and there are some things I just don't know are in the format that I get blown out by sometimes. I didn't know straight up Counterspell was legal.

Tron.

probably healthy

>When they think they can stall combat so you just throw the Atog at them.

I legit felt like an asshole when playing this.

That I haven't seen before. I like it. Would consider thermo-alchemist or something for a bit more incremental advantage though.

just starting to get into pauper.
building mono u delver

good lad

dont the delver backs show through white sleeves?

There's a picture of a dragon and some generic fantasy people on the back of the sleeves.

i'd rake a pic but i'm lazy.

I have a number of pauper decks.
UW tron, Blitz, Teachings, and UB tortured existence.

this looks sweet,
trying it right now!

Is it really worth to discard one card to get two cards!?

>To recap, deathtouch, double strike, flash, hexproof, indestructible, landwalk, protection, regeneration, and trample are now officially red flagged at common, meaning they can only be there if we specifically sign off on the card on a case-by-case basis.

There are a few cards that get around this, isn't there?

>We tested a bunch of random new players to gauge their reading level. (For those who care, we decided that 90% was our threshold—that is, the words were of a reading level of 90% of the target audience.)
>Testing showed that the threshold ended up at a fifth-grade reading level. (Yes, I too was a little shocked, but I attribute it to the recent success we've had with younger players.)

Here are the cuplrits for this. Apparently new players have an IQ of 60.

I sometimes forget about flinging Atog, and I hate myself for it. I've lost several matches because I did the math wrong to boot(not actually adding everything up, but what to attack with when to ensure lethal with a fling).

>>What deck are you playing?
Mono Blue Delver
>>What deck do think is interesting (that you are not playing)?
Kuldotha decks are kinda cool, just learning the format.
>>What are your thoughts on the drake ban?
I just started playing after the ban so I dunno.

What the hell wizards.Is this from a recent article?

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/new-new-world-order-2013-04-01
No, unless you consider 2013 recent.

Some cards are worth more discarded (eg. Fiery Temper) or in the graveyard (eg. Accumulated Knowledge) rather than in your hand. Sometimes, you simply discard the weakest card in the matchup for a 2 mana draw 2.

On a related note, is there a single reason to use dangerous wager instead of tormenting voice?

Madness maybe?

Sounds like a no to me.

Dredge. But now that Cathartic Reunion is a thing, why'd you ever draw 2 instead of 3?

Well, I guess I should I have known.

It's for when you have no cards in hand.

I really hope they print another common that goes off with Presence of Gond so we can have Pauper Twin.
Anyone else?

I wish for a midnight guard color shifted to green. You could ditch white for blu with the transmuting tutors and U/G midnight gond would be possible.

Dangerous wager costs mana.
Tormenting voice and Cathartic reunion costs mana and cards. Most of the time it's easier to cast dangerous wager in Burn.

Wager is Instant, for what it's worth.

Are there enough good red cards that like the grave yard to justify playing a RB Tortured Existence deck?

Anarchist is the first thing that comes to mind.

i really should go back and redo this deck, it was good fun.

Spiders just carry games.

Is Paper Pauper much different from Peasant? What are the advantages to each one?
I'd like to try and convince my local players to try it out, since they don't play Modern and Standard is getting a bit stale.

Pauper = commons only
Peasant = 5 uncommons

>5 uncommons
How different is the format to pauper? Is it faster, grindier?

Honestly, while i'd heard of Peasant before Pauper, i've never seen anyone play it.

It really depends on the deck. UG threshold gets good stuff like Wonder for example.

mtg-peasant.com

There are some similarities and decks that are powered up versions of the pauper ones, but there are also completely new decks. Its a veryo different meta.

There are some super interesting decks there. One of them looks close to the RG deck Im trying to make work but the uncommons make it so much better.