/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

Rolled 18 (1d20)

Not your standard breadanon edition.
Dorngle stealing baby Pert sub-edition.
In threadus penultimatus we had an active night lord, a new praetor for the ranks of the XIIIth we (very briefly) discussed who should write the Siege of Terra book (turns out they should ctrl+c ctrl +v the version we have) someone wanted to take FW's sigismund to get neutered. HOLY SHIT 5000 POINT ZM. Mk3 + Mk4 = Mk5. Someone homebrewed a very choppy Malcador, then Choomposting, Chaplainposting and Magnusposting happened. Find out more >>>>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Re644qgnCtw
youtube.com/watch?v=wPHlb72DvRo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Dorngle
Kek

>Despite Dorn being 50% eagle, it's WS who get Eagles as wargear.
Justify this.

What jumpack armor do you guys like best? While I adore the mkiv, I loathe the giant mono engine jump pack. And mkiii disappointingly can't jump

You merely adopted the eagle. we were born with it, rode next to it.

MkIII's my favourite armour, as it is of all sane men, but I can't see them with jump packs.
I like those MaxMini silver wing ones, so I'd stick them to some MkIV if I was making Assault Marines.

Mongolians do that hawk raising thing. Or is it falconing? Whatever, predator-bird thing.
The Imperial Fists do not.

It's fair. youtube.com/watch?v=Re644qgnCtw Plus this. Sorry about the messed up link

Aren't they more mkv or ii style with double jet engines?

It's over silver paint. It's a translucent crimson paint, so unless you apply it really thick you can get some interesting special effects, but you have to be careful to apply it evenly to get an even distribution. Easy enough on infantry pieces, but it's much harder on vehicles.

This is just a quick swab over my drill to show off the translucence. It's also a bit glossy, so it looks a lot better in person than in pictures.

Probably, but MkV is only for the plebbiest of plebs and MkII is for the grognard-marines from the earliest days of the crusade.

Probably Mk V, they're just really brutal looking motherfuckers. They also don't have the "skipping leg day" problem of some of FW's marines.

MkVI. Can't get more fly than a beaky with Mark 7 jump pack.

Well, this is awkward.

Eh, it's alright: this IS /HHG/

Who was canonically the best primarch?

Horus. Horus was stronk. Papa Sang was second stronkest.

Magnus

Also I thought Angron was supposed to be a manlet?

Reposting

Whatre you guys working on?

He is.

>Warmaster. Such a grand title. Will I grow to fit it, do you think?
>No, brother, in time IT will grow to fit YOU.
Sanguinius is so based.

Proportions still look off with hims between Magnus and Khan imo.

I like that Dorn better than all others. Especially the look-at-me-daddy Claw he's wielding there, rather than a chainsword.
Based he was, which means it was as much or even more of a tragedy than with Ferrus and Fulgrim.

>Not Russ
He was the true warrior Primarch. There is a reason he was the Emperor's executioner.

Reposted because posted in dead bread.
Planning on building some TS. Would anyone be opposed to using fantasy High Elf bits as decorations? I was mainly planning on using banner tops for cult symbols or staff heads, and some white lion pauldrons as crests on veterans/command squads.

>There is a reason he was the Emperor's executioner.
More like the Emperor's dog if you ask anyone

As long as it's done well mixing bits is the point of it really. I'm using some HE seaguard bits for my Alphas (the sea serpent banner top bit), some DE swords for power swords and a bunch of other stuff.

I don't think any kit should be built stock, give your minis a personal touch.

Sure. If the other guys were busy.

>Emperor's executioner.
That fluff was a mistake

This

Working on some custom units

I picked Imperial Fists in part because Dorn's unbending will and loyalty really appealed to me (and this is was before I found out how awesome Sigismund and Alexis Polux are, for different reasons). I really like the idea of doing your duty for the sake of duty, and then being honoured and rewarded for it (instead of seeking honour for its own sake).

>shadow slippers

This is power levels but close enough

I might rename shadow slippers, to me it sounds like they're wearing edgy, but comfortable footwear.

>u yelly, brah?
>u yelly

kek
That's how they're so sneaky. Sneaky and comfy

Seriously though yeah. That one is very much a WIP. The Deliverers are basically done though.

At what? They were all the best at something.

For example: Vulkan was the best wrestler, with Horus and Corax tying for second.

This is (You), chomping down on the bait.

Don't take bait.

Silly user, Fulgrim was the best wrestler, by dint of being so oiled up that nobody could get hold of him.

>Mor Deythan
>Deliverers
>Dark Furies
>Shadow Wardens
That's a lot of legion specifics, and I wonder, how many legion specifics will each legion get?
Some like the UM have three but most have only two.
Also, I have never heard of Shadow Wardens...which means they are that good at hiding ;^)

Are they like chaplain-wardens, user?

Dark Furries?

What jump pack is this based on?

I love that the World Eaters can throw away 5580 marines like it's nothing, meanwhile that'd be more than half of the Thousand Sons Legion.

>Artificer armour
>Refractor field
>shrouded
>MC lightning claw
>volkite serpenta
>all for 45pts

Jesus what

Old Raptor.

>more than half of the Thousand Sons Legion.
Sadly I've heard the're bumping the TS up to around 50,000.

I heard Old Raptor.

Just finished my first Vet. there is a magnet in the gun so I can swap out plasma for melta or flamer and there is a magnet in the wrist and had so if don't give him a combi weapon then he can have a bolt pistol. I just have to paint the base.

He said "old raptor", not "old old raptor"

Not that old.

>MkIII and MkIV mixed

To be fair, GW uses those legion specific torsos on all bodies, regardless of mark.

Rogue Trader called. It says it doesn't care and Traitorfags need to look at the old school.
user, there's art of it.

>111
The fuck.

Except user asked what's the make of the chaos lord's jump pack, not "what's objectively the worst look for CSM ever in the history of the world?"

So more death guard

>>MkIII and MkIV mixed
Well guess what, user.
Some armourers made a MkIV suit up-armoured with MkIII-style plates. It loks like MkIII, but it isn't.
I think this is the armour Trap would wear

According to the text, that's MkIV suit with just a MkIII helmet. Sure, it looks like MkIII torso on a MkVI legs with MkII arms and MkVII shoulder pads, but it's suppose to be MkIV.

Funny enough, that's what I'm going for with my DG, though the helmet will be the FW one.

>"what's objectively the worst look for CSM ever in the history of the world?"
If he asked that I would have posted EC.

Except the DG torso used has the segmented body of the MkIII, instead of the smooth body with cables of the MkIV.

Good man.

Shushhhh, it's MkIV pants time.

>Shadow Wardens
Coraxs body guard. So sneaky, so beakie, that only the king of beakies himself could evade them.

Comparing them to Deathshroud
>S+1 AP2, with reaping blow(Basically +1A and S5 AP2 at I3)
>Termi armor(so 2+/5(or 4)++, relentless)
>All characters
>Chem hand flamer
>Scoring
>Bodyguard rule
>all for 45 points

The power scythe is 300% better than a Talon.

Chem hand flamer more or less equals the serpenta(better overwatch, more hits, and shred vs deflag and +1A for dual wielding)

The termi armor is basically artificer armor and a refractor field in one, but DS have the option for cataphractii for a 4++. Plus the termi armor gives relentless, sure they dont use it, but its still a bonus rule that they have.

Shrouded is in place of scoring, which is huge in 30K.

So it's a pretty close swap. Need to hone in their special rule, that may increase their points depending.

>mfw plastic Mk IV legs are too bulky and squatty
>mfw resin Mk IV legs are too noodly and spaghetti-like

Suffering.

Oh and you can only have one unit of Shadow Wardens because theyre unique, unlike Death Shroud

I request user post the Death Shroud Corps army list!

Still trying to figure out how to make the edgiest moritat.

It depends on what you call "Edgiest"

>KaedesNex.gif
FTFY

so a deredeo comes out to 66 GBP and I want to hit the 75 for the free shipping next month, any fun "cheap" thing I could get for World Eaters around 10-20 pounds?

I'll be renaming it then.

Trying to make a list out of B@C box. What am I doing wrong?

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List v202) (1492pts) ++

+ HQ (302pts) +

····Legion Centurion (135pts) [Artificer Armour, Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon, Refractor Field]
······Consul [Chaplain]

····Legion Praetor (167pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Combi-Weapon, Digital Lasers, Power Fist]

+ Elites (415pts) +

····Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (190pts)
······Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon]

····Legion Terminator Squad (225pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Heavy Flamer, 4x Legion Terminators, 4x Power Fist]
······Legion Terminator Sergeant [Chainfist, Grenade Harness]

+ Troops (775pts) +

····Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (245pts) [9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Veteran Tactics: Resolve]
······Additional Wargear [Melta Bombs, 2x Meltagun]
······Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol]
········Combi-weapon [Combi-weapon: Meltagun]
········Power Weapon [Power Sword]

····Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (285pts) [9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Veteran Tactics: Resolve]
······Additional Wargear [Melta Bombs, 2x Missile Launcher with Suspensor Web and Flakk Missiles]

····Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (245pts) [9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Veteran Tactics: Resolve]
······Additional Wargear [Melta Bombs, 2x Plasma gun]

+ Legion +

····Legiones Astartes [ XVI: Sons of Horus, Traitor]

····Rite of War [Chosen Duty]

Would have suggested chain axes, but then remembered that they're free.

youtube.com/watch?v=wPHlb72DvRo

Have him standing in a pile of corpses with his torso a bit back and two extending hands and one of those screaming head bits, make him look like he's laughing.

I dig it.

But her ultimate isn't Chain Blossom, it's 1 (one) meltabomb. She is equipped with the Displacer matrix, though.

Is that custom quips for each type of downed enemy? It's a small detail but a nice touch really.

Seems ok. You want some rhinos ASAP since you want your veterans delivered as needed

Dual wielding heads? I didn't realize there was a headlsinger rule.

It's not for every character, but there's a lot of sound files in that game that you normally don't get to hear.

I just want to make a TS moritat blamming that Not-Bjorn from BoP and I'm trying to figure out what psychic fuckery I want to represent on it. I could do magic bullet or whispy ghostly shit.

Need Rhinos to transport your vets, but it's fine.

Legion specific shoulderpads? Volkite weapons (I love them)?

Underrated post

Flowy robes to depict the 360° he's pulling on him?

Since you're playing SoH you might want to invest in Drop Pods, following that if you still want to use Veterans as troops then look into kit-bashing a Maloghurst the Twisted mini and mixing it with the Orbital Assault RoW so you can have Veteran troops in Drop Pods. Give them Machine Killers instead of Resolve to make the most of the Meltaguns and Drop Pods.

Have two skeletons/pink horrors on different bases carrying his guns.

Okay, you're safe. For now.

Fat scribe is THE henchman. Inquisitors without the fat scribe are to be executed on the spot.

I do like volkite chargers, but would the volkite chargers look like donald trump tiny hands if I used them with the plastic tartaros terminators?

Do the chargers come with hands? The ones I have didn't. So I don't think you'd have a hand size problem since you'd have to use the plastic hands with the combi bolters cut off.

What mks of armor were the most common for each legion? We're there any legions that did not have access to certain mks?

I'm looking to paint up a squad of pre heresy Thousand Sons and always thought they used highly modified mkiv suits. But the Burning of Prospero box uses all mkiii so I'm not sure any more.

One user provided me with photographic evidence that at least FW tartaros hands were identical to PA hands. Don't know about GW ones.

All legions had all marks. All legions used all marks. It's retarded for a military force not to use equipment provided to them.

Only exception is the MkVII, which came around at the very end of the Heresy and even then was mostly issued to loyalists on Terra. Some heretics might have snagged some for themselves, of course, but bulk would have gone to IF, BA and WS.

>the Burning of Prospero box uses all mkiii
Maybe they were guard units. In 40k that's the use for the fearsome-looking relic MkIIIs, and on the defense of Prospero there wasn't too much room for maneuverability: it was a matter of frontal assault.

But besides that, all legions used almost all armours