>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SLx0PL3eqE8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st dark eldar

Nth for Snakegirl Sniper squads WIP.

How do you fix the Tzeentch Discipline?

As I see it, Boon of Mutation has to go, Siphon Magic needs reworked to not be a dead draw on Aspiring Sorcerers, and Breath of Chaos needs buffed slightly.

would an inquisitor redact me for watching snakegirl movies late night in my hab all alone?

first for alpha legion made the actual first reply in the thread

>Siphon Magic needs reworked to not be a dead draw on Aspiring Sorcerers
This depends on whether or not the dice generated disappear at the end of each magic phase or when they are used.

you'd be ok if you were studying their movement in order to kill them more efficiently

shameless repost from the last one

so you know this "stu" guy in the decurion explanation texts? let me be your stu and help me organise my collection into an army i could field.

i am playing them as black legion and would love to play the black legion speartip, as it almost fits perfectly. this list does not have to be the best minmaxed powerhouse there is, but i like to benefit from the new rules.

i have painted so far:
1x chaos sorcerer (levitating, can be played with jump pack)
15x CSM, melee, 2x melta, sarge with fist and combimelta.
5x raptors, 2x melta, sarge with meltabombs
5x havocs, 4x autocannon
5x terminators, 5x combi-plasma, 2x fist, 2x mace, sarge with axe
2x 20 cultists, 2x flamer
1x kharybdis assault claw drop pod (the 20 man forgeworld drop pod)

my proposed list:

primary detachment: black legion speartip:
core: black legion warband (743)
- ?x chaos lord
- 5x chaos terminators
- 15x CSM, khorne, icon of wrath, 2x melta, 2x CCW, sarge with combimelta
- ?x CSM or chosen
- 5x raptors, 2x melta, sarge with combimelta
- 5x havocs, 4x autocannon
auxiliary: (?)

combined arms detachment: (600pt)
- 1x chaos sorcerer, mastery 3, jump pack, spell familiar
- 20 chaos cultists, 2x flamer
- 20 chaos cultists, 2x flamer
- kharybdis assault claw

so without any special gear this would be at 1343 points, but i still miss the chaos lord, one unit of CSM or chosen and an auxiliary choice. this is where you come in.

Here is a shitty picture of the model i use as my assault claw, the portal vortex

questions will follow

>Breath of Chaos
A unit hit with a Breath of Chaos must pass a leadership test on three dice. It passed nothing happens, if failed a model in the unit becomes a Chaos Spawn.

I don't know what the spell does actually.

Warp Charge disappears at the end of the psychic phase. There's nothing in Siphon Magic to imply otherwise.

Even if it didn't, "cast this WC1 blessing in order to maybe cast a different WC1 spell next turn" if still a shitty power to generate.

because there are many, i will give numbers to my questions, so there is not so much confusion. any help would be greatly appreciated.

questions:
1 - how would you play the chaos lord? i was thinking about a cheap one with terminator armor so i could use the speartip special rule and the termi squad would arrive turn one. together with the assault claw (bearing the 15 csm) that would be two big threats on my first turn.
2 - what would you take for the second mandatory slot in the warband? five cheap CSM to hold objectives?
3 - would you expand the 15 CSM inside the assault claw to 20? with the whole black legion nonsense, khorne and the icon they have: VotlW, hatred, fear, crusader, rage, counterstrike, reroll charge distance and furious charge for 15 points per model. besides i really like the idea of a 20man marine unit. legion style
4 - what kind of auxiliary would you take? i was thinking about just a small spawn unit. cheap harassment
5 - is the 4++ or 5++ save worth its points on the sorcerer?
6 - mark of tzeentch on the termi squad? 5 points for half a storm shield (4++) seems kinda worth it. with it being five models they dont have to be a suicide unit

another shitty picture to grab your attention

Uhh yea, studying their.. movements... Let's go with that one.

>Raptors user is still unironically shitting up threads with his retarded fetishes, TACTIKOOL models and shitty fluffrape
Never change my man.

ORKS

1. An Initiative increase across the board. Boyz are now I3, Nobz are now I4, and Warbosses are now I5.

2. Army-wide Furious Charge.

3. A Ballistic Skill increase across the board. Boyz are now BS3, Nobz are now BS4, and Warbosses are now BS5.

4. Choppas are now AP4. Big Choppas are now AP3.

5. A Toughness increase across the board. Boyz are now T4, Nobz are now T5, and Warbosses are now T6.

6. A Leadership increase across the board. Boyz are now LD8, Nobz are now LD9, and Warbosses are now LD10.

7. Army-wide Feel No Pain 6+. This can be improved with Wargear and Painboyz up to a maximum of 4+.

8. Painboyz and Mekboyz are Elite choices. You may take up to 3 of each type as a single Elites choice, and you may distribute them as Independent Characters.

9. Mekboyz now have access to Kustom Force Fields. A Kustom Force Field grants a 4+ Cover Save to all models completely within 18 inches, including vehicles.

10. A Waaaaagh may be called once per game, and grants all Orks in your army Fearless for that turn. Calling a Waaaaagh also allows all Orks in your army the ability to reroll their Charge distance for that turn.

11. Characters now have access to non-Mega Armour wargear that grants a 2+ armour save, 1 per army.

12. Characters now have access to non-Mega Armour wargear that grants a 3+ invulnerable save, 1 per army.

Warp Charge 2, Template, AP2, wounds a 4+ and glances on a 4+.

It's effect just isn't really commensurate with a
WC2. Of the powers I listed, it's easily the least in need of improvement, but it's very, very often inferior to the Pyromancy Primaris that you could generate automatically instead if you wanted to (and weren't locked into Tzeentch).

>yfw he glued dozens of ammo pouches to his Dreadnoughts.

Is this a hilarious new meme?? Is this the evolution of >I2?

Hey /TTS/ user, almost all the army mods in the workshop are broken, the links to the models don't work anymore how the fuck is anyone supposed to play 40k if everything is broken?

> mfw he actually does.

>this shitty black tau army

kill yourself my man

At least I have a new different brand of stuff to shit up threads with. I'm now painting Custodians in ~NOT~ gold. Because brass custodians have better specularity than actual gold custodians.

>Warp Charge disappears at the end of the psychic phase.
check the wording specifically the last sentence. It mentions nothing of removeing left over dice, phase or turn.

>Siphon Magicis a blessing that targets the Psyker. For the rest of the phase, each time a friendly model successfully manifests a psychic power within 18" of them, place a dice next to this model. Any dice accrued in this manner can be used by the Psyker as bonus Warp Charge points.

>if still a shitty power to generate.
Without a doubt, however if they stay over you could have enough WC after one to not to have to throw more dice for force for example.

>ruining models unironically

Was going to ask in the WH40K RPG thread but it got archived:

Reading some fluff about the Black Templars, it says they are a fleet-based chapter, roaming the stars in a massive base fleet and only setting up small (by 40k standards) chapter keeps on conquered worlds.

My question is, how is this possible when an entire chapter is only 1000 (or so) Space Marines? Do space marines crew these fleets, or are they simply passengers with a massive retinue of normal helper-humans? What about the chapter keeps? Are they manned by true-blue Black Templars, or more helpers? Wouldn't leaving even just one Marine per fortress prevent hundreds of Black Templars from doing their most important work, namely, murdering things for the Emperor?

A modern aircraft carrier already needs several chapters worth of crew just by itself. So how can the Black Templars operate a fleet?

1- Sounds okay.
2- Probably.
3- Something seems off on your unit cost there. 15 PPM for the Mark of Khorne, plus ~1.7 PPM for the Icon.
4- Spawn are the cheap go to, although you do have the Cultists necessary for a Lost and the Damned.
5- Only if you plan on sticking him in CC a lot. I generally go without to save costs.
6- It adds up. If you have the spare points at the end, go for it. It does limit what you can do with the Lord.

I'd use the Portal as a Dreadclaw for a 10 man CSM squad and throw the 40 cultists in a Lost and the Damned formation instead. Kharybdis ain't worth it for a regular CSM squad. Not that a Kharybdis will ever really be worth it.

BTs had the balls to say fuck the Codex we're doing what we like. At least they used to but their fluff is all over the place with retcons galore.

Black Templars have way more than 1000 Space Marines.

But keep that shit quiet, no ones supposed to know.

You couldn't be any more wrong. This is beyond KA tier shit.

He really should stick to his Raptors. The Leviathan looks so much more impressive than the monstergirl project.

Usable whilst embarked in a chaos rhino, yes or no?

Someone post his Raptor Marines.

>the bearer and his unit
No because they aren't on the table.

Post your armies, /40kg/.
(fucked up something in the original post)
Prove to random strangers that you play and don't just come into the thread to whine.

I can't find the picture of my GKs...

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but what possible purpose would a Dreadnought have for pouches that carry ammo that it wouldn't be able to logically open or even get to. It's stubby little arms just don't move like that.

Ah, I see. So it doesn't ACTUALLY generate Warp Charge, just dice that can be used as Warp Charge. Still, they would fall off at the start of your next psychic phase when the Blessing expires.

Can't wait for Christmas to get my leviathan.

Should I take two melee weapons, or melee weapon + cyclonic melta?

>
>>this shitty black tau army
>kill yourself my man

I'm guessing it's more for the ground troops to resupply? I dunno.

He's an insufferable attentionwhore who actually counts the (you)s he gets across threads. Just ignore him.

i assure you inquisitor, i was very closely studying their movement!!!

>7.8MB
>Hosted on is.Veeky Forums instead of i.4cdn
That shit is NEVER gonna load, holy fuck. My bad. I noticed that the images/webms on is.Veeky Forums are what take forever to load across the entire site.

Where's your army, my man?

Doesn't even look that bad. What are you going on about?

Hello I'm new to the game and I'm broke as fuck. I've recently stumbled upon paper hammer and am looking for a cheaper alternative. Does anyone know a good source for the printable templates? Preferably for an ork army
youtube.com/watch?v=SLx0PL3eqE8 In this video this guy describes what im talking about

His fleshy IED clearers can grab ammo off him. It turns him into both a walking icon of the Emperor's wrath given form AND a handy resupply point.

I would go with "no." See

I never intended to make my scouts look like Spartans. I fucking hate halo and all of it's childish fans, the resemblance with my scouts is purely a coincedence that makes me infuriated. At least the more modern helmets from Pig-iron resemble the DOOMGUY helmet instead of the odst helmets.

KA?...

Now that I think about it, I don't actually have a picture of my entire army.. Although this is most of it minus 3 HQs and a Furioso

thank you for your answer
3- i forgot to include the points for the icon. i know that the 15-20 CSM inside the assault claw are the weakest point of my list, but it is the reason i started this army. i wanted a chaos army without any boxy vehicles and loved the idea of a big unit of CSM being "summoned" my my portal-vortex-assault-claw-thing
4- the lost and damned formation seems nice, but i like my 20man cultist mobs. besides i need a combined detachment to run the dreadclaw

to the guy in the last thread who said i cant use my portal vortex as a dreadclaw because of its footprint: i only play this army in my gaming club and everyone there is more than fine with it.

Please, for the love of god, save up some money for some terrain and a mat.

Oh shit. Been a while TronAnon.
>literally no pics on this pos laptop
>army at home and I won't be back for another week
I-I umm, I j-just wanted to say hi, I guess...

I wish I knew where you lived in real life, I would build you some terrain because you desperately need it

reclaiming lego STC with the mechanicum i see

ahahahaHAHAHAHA

THIS HALO SHIT

AND THEN HE COVERS THE MODEL IN TIN FOIL SO YOU CAN'T SEE IT

Kek, here's your (you), and a picture to go with it.

Yeah I know you hate it, I can still only see Spartans though dude.

Hope your life's a bit better than the last time I talked to you.

Just a little bit of black trim/gun casings would go a long way on those figures.

stop uploading raw phone cam pics, resize them so they're not a billion megs

THAT SAID

this pic doesn't even trigger me, the paint app isn't bad, overall it's looking solid, you shelled out for a nice base too

BUT

THAT

BACKGROUND

The lad who makes an army of monster and catgirls and gives ammo pouches to a dreadnought is calling other people childish?

>Still, they would fall off at the start of your next psychic phase when the Blessing expires
And your reasoning is? The blessing is to create the dice and ends in the psychic phase. What to do with the dice is completely separate part and has no mention of when you must use them.

I'm not standing behind this by the way, the rules just dont seem clear to me.

My red corsairs

Noob question:

A Chaos Chosen has two attacks on his profile. If I equip one with a flamer (Assault 1) do I get to drop two flame templates? If not what happens to his other attack? He can't use a flamer and then a bolt pistol, right?

Why is there a Maulerfiend in the GW's MC section?

i really like them. what are you using the scouts for?

>that shitty job on the boots
>tassets not glued in the right place

>The fucking chips lined up in the background
You're either a genius or deeply, deeply troubled.

Let me resize these real quick

Attacks on his profile are his base attacks that he gets in close combat regardless of equipment.

He gets an ADDITIONAL attack if he has pistol+ccw. The flamer is unrelated to his attacks characteristic, and the number of times it can shoot is said on its profile(1). Also he can swap his bolter for the flamer iirc, so he can keep the pistol+ccw bonus while also having the flamer.

Read the rulebook.

Yea, there's a few things I want to do to finish up my Custodes. I need to finish up his parchment, as well as getting highlights on all of his filigree+staff. I'm thinking of making his filigree into silver so it adds more contrast. Overall I'm happy with the striking style that comes from heavy washes with brass layering.

They're probably not in the right place because I never assemble models using instruction manuals. I liked having them on the thighs to serve as extra armour on the waist, and they break up the sleek lines of the model on it's legs.

They're actually a poster at the geedubs. The chips aren't real.

Can we post abandoned armies as well?

Actual scouts, I switch between using chaos and loyalist books

Hey, dude!

Damn, user. Those are nice. The edge highlights are miles better than mine. Let's hope GW wants to give us some love in 8th.

are you guys ready for Orksmas?

Are you planning on use a legion's rules for them? Is taking Huron worthwhile?

Thanks, the trick to clean edge highliting is going back to thinning the edges with the basecoat color again, very easy and effective, but will obviously double the amount of time needed

working on a list for less competitive play against a buddies space wolves

Black legion speartip

Core
Hounds of abbadon

Chaos lord
>khorne, votlw
>juggernaut
>axe of blind fury
>sigil of corruption

20 chaos marines
>khorne votlw
>icon of wrath
>2 melta guns
>power axe
>melta bomb
>combi melta

10 khorne berserkers
>votlw
>power fist
>rhino

4 bikes
>khorne, votlw
>2 melta

5 raptors
>khorne, votlw
>2 melta
>melta bombs

5 raptors
>khorne, votlw
>2 melta
>melta bombs

auxillary
Helldrake terror pack

2 helldrakes

Total list is 1500, im thinking it will work well with the t1 deep striking suicide raptor units, the jugger lord and the crusading, once per game run then charge, re rolling charge range marine blob.

Absolutely. My girlfriend is getting an Eldar army for christmas, my bro is getting Imperial Guard, and my buddy is getting a Leviathan. It sure feels great being santa for someone in this hobby, even if it means spending my birthday money to do so.

I just wish I had a job so I could do more..

Taking a Dreadclaw as a Dedicated Transport for a ten-man CSM unit instead of a 15 man unit with a Kharybdis frees up a ton of points, and the unit isn't that much smaller. A fifteen man unit will also have the issue that it will massively overkill a great many of the units you will throw it at, without significantly improving your odds against those units that a 10-man unit couldn't handle. Hell, you might even be able to squeeze in a second Dreadclaw CSM squad for your second "troop" choice.

I legitimately don't understand why you people ask for list feedback if you're just going to say "naw, I like my list" whenever someone actually takes the time to post a response.

The whole thing is a vague grey area, but your interpretation is extremely counter-intuitive. I mean, I'd be game for arguing it if it actually did something, but the end result is still flaming dog-shit.

Because some intern saw it while updating the webstore and thought "if the Tau Riptide and the Eldar Wraith[nouns] count as creatures, surely this biomechanical fusion of daemon and machine is a monster as well."

>raptors user has a girlfriend
what

girl friends are easier to get than gw models

all my other shit is in the basement so here is my 1k pt Tournament Army.

(Their names are Fred, Red, Bread, Ed, Dead (Dead has no head), Moe, Larry, and Curly)

You paint a tiny area with 7 colours but don't take the time to properly file and scrape away your mould-lines?

I'm interested in the alpha legion or death guard rules, thoughI'm not a fan of the nurgle aesthetics.

Very few special characters are worthwhile depending on how competitive you want to go, I rarely use Huron nowadays unfortunately

fuck

Yeah, I started doing that on the Scourges I'm working on.

Don't have the whole army in an image but here's my Lord from 2007.

>leave to LGS to take picture of sisters and hang out
>leave army case on chair

>love of god

>but your interpretation is extremely counter-intuitive.
Not in my opinion. If they wanted it to be just during the 1 psychic why bother with the dice? why not just say they harness a WC? That would make them disappear and there would be no confusion.

>spray paint tau black
>"line" with crayola crayons
>job "well" done

Post your obviously large and well painted army then.

In your experience how much would your averga 40k player would if I made a CSM/DA mix Fallen Angel (or Red Corsairs or BOTH) army and used it with Legion rules suiting my current mood?

>GTX 750 Ti

Do you even game?

>mfw it's loading faster for me than the morons posting 2MB and 4MB jpgs in the WIP general

kit bashed Carcharodon...yay or nay?

Literally no one will care as long as you make it look nice and not confusing

>Silent Night
Steel Yourselves, Brothers. They are upon us!
>Holy Night
Death to the false emperor!
>All is calm
*Bolter fire*
>All is bright
*Predator explodes*
>Round yon virgin
*Chainsword reving*
>Mother and child
*Death Screams from bike impact*
>Holy infant so tender and mild
Embrace the touch of Nurgle!
>Sleep in heavenly peace
Onward My Brothers
>Sleep in heavenly peace
To Glory! FOR THE EMPEROR!

>I spent all my money on helbrutes.

Not really. I built this rig in '08 and need to just do a new build but I don't have the money. The 750 was cheep and not a downgrade, so I got it when my old card shit itself and died a few years back.

They're edge highlighted with most of the lenses and all of the gyros painted. The purely black stuff is less than a month old so I haven't gotten to do much aside from get it ready for immediate play. But yeah, show me your awesomely painted army, then.

Really? I always have issues loading stuff from is.Veeky Forums, but i.4cdn loads instantly.

What's the other arm doing?

>the same monopose helbrute over and over agian