Halo Mythic Update and new 100DOS Betas

That's right, I'm not dead. I just forgot that Veeky Forums existed a little bit.

Okay, lets get started. Halo Mythic has been actively developed for 4 years, now. Today is actually our 4th anniversary of the first beta posted here! We're old.

Now, changes are coming with this current Preview, Preview 25, and the next.

Halo Mythic Preview 25:
mediafire.com/file/9wcsoblkbmg16wa/Halo Mythic Preview 25.zip

With Preview 25, I set out to start simplifying the system without gutting what made Halo Mythic what it was. Easier to use mechanics and slowly evolving the system into something else.

Then I set off to make new tabletop games using 100DOS, but not just 100DOS, but a new updated version of the system completely remade to be easier to use and have the books flow better. These current early beta books are Medieval Europe, Middle Ages Asia, and The American West.

You can find them here:
mediafire.com/file/g75jhq1ola9k783/American West, Medieval Europe, Middle Ages Asia.zip

Fucking long URLs

With this new cleaned up version of 100DOS in development, I am working towards a better system overall. Once complete, It'll be used to recreate all of Halo mythic to be so much cleaner and easier to use.

That will take time, of course.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/HaloMythic/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We also use our discord and subreddit for games and discussion.

reddit.com/r/HaloMythic/

Good for keeping up with whatever bullshit I may be doing at the time.

Halo, Halo Mythic makes Soldiers and Knights playable, now.

4 years, Jesus. I remember finding it here 3 years ago. Crazy how time flies, eh?

So ya got 3 betas out now, what else you got planned?

Its sticking to historical for the moment, but I just found his patreon. He's leaving splat commissions open. Can't believe there's a halo RPG out there and isn't listed on 1d4chan.

Well right now I have the current 3 betas out. Just testing grounds for the cleaner rulesets and how the game runs with less rules in general.

Currently, I'm working on World War 1 with the help of the community. They helped gather literally every gun and vehicle used during the war, so I have an easier time creating the armory. It's a lot of weapons and a lot harder to deal with than the simplified weapons of the 1800s like the American West book.

After that, I move on to World War 2, then Vietnam, then Cold War, and then Modern Warfare. A sort of constant timeline of weaponry from the 1200s to Modern and even beyond.

Once all of these books are complete, I'll move on to Fantasy, i think. Make books for magic users and a new system for magics.

I want to make it sort of like DnD, but more modular. Any spell can be cast at any "level" of sort, but your level improves what you can do with it. Then you can dump more spell "costs" into a single spell and give it new abilities. Like increasing a spell's range or time limit, giving it more power for damage, maybe even combining two spells into one and unleashing it.

Sort of like a Lighting Spell that arcs to another target for every Spell Slot you spend on it, and then you give it a Flame (1D5) aftereffect with another slot.

Then it'd be balanced to melee because an Archer can get you from a distance, while a melee user can take you out up close.

I'd also deal with stuff like Lighting spells hitting yourself for half damage if you wear metal armor, and that sort of thing.

I do have commissions and a patreon where people get to help decide new splatbooks (or straight up decide the next one), but I'm not one to post that here.

I'm afraid I need a more specific example of your plans for the magic system; I'm not quite picturing it.

Uh sorry, can you give me a resume?, I didn´t know of this before now

Vorked's been posting here for years. Not so much lately, but go check the archive dude.

You you're given a number of spell slots total that you can use depending on a Characteristic. That Characteristic is most likely chosen by whatever type of Magic you're wanting to use.

Then each Spell has a type of magic it's tied to, or which types of magic can use it.

You'll have things like Bards who are based on Charisma, Paladins based on Leadership, Wizardry based on Intellect, Priesthood based on Courage, and perhaps Druidism based on Perception.

Now, perhaps Magic is based on these Characteristics, so you take your Characteristic Modifier, which is probably an average of 5. Then you can increase it using a Mythic Characteristic for a hefty price, or have a separate purchase for further increasing your magic slots. The total sum may be your Characteristic Modifier multiplied by 2.

Each magical spell you use will use a slot, each modification you make will use a slot, and you can maybe even use Abilities to sling multiple spells in one go.

So, I'll use that lightning spell as an example, again. Let's say that the Lighting Spell deals 1D10 Damage for every Spell Slot used in it. You have 10 Spell Slots because you're a fairly well-taught Priest.

You dump 3 slots into this Spell, dealing 3D10 Damage, and because you used 3 slots, you can arc it to hit 2 other enemies. You then take a modification, we'll say it takes 2 slots. This modification adds Fire Damage to the spell as an afereffect, perhaps. So now you have a 5 slot spell that deals 3D10 damage to 3 Opponents within 5 meters of each other, and then they catch on fire for the Flame (1D5) Damage rule.

We could balance it out by making it so every 2 Spell Slots takes 1 Half Action to prepare the spell, and then make an Ability allow an extra Slot be prepared for a Response Action.

You use 5 of your 10 slots to fuck up some guys. Usable in 3 Half Actions, or 2 if you have an Ability to speed it up a bit.

Then some dude with a Blunderbuss just fucking shoots your dick off.

This looks to have potential. Any non-spell magic or item enchanting?

You can check out the betas and the Halo Mythic version in the OP.

Item enchanting is also being planned. But that would probably be based on both item components and spell slots being used.

You could take a sword or even a Firearm and give them abilities for damage, or perhaps make them light up or anything in general.

Enchanting would be done through special one-time-use ingredients to give special effects based on what you're trying to do.

Then you could have things like Scrolls from other games and tabletops. A sort of one-time-use magics that anyone can use so fighters or people with guns could run around slinging off magics without needing to dump the experience into learning them.

You could have a sort of... an item with a set amount of charges for a specific spell. Kinda like a Thuribles that has 10 available Light spells on it.

This made me think of magical frag nades. Electrified shrapnel? yesplz.

Load your electric LMG with incendiary ammo

Does all this balance with each other? Could I use magic with world War one?

Its intended to be balanced, through price or penalty. I haven't found any sort of equation so homebrew is a little difficult to manage.

I don't know the exact formula but vorked has a system to balance weapon price based on its characteristics (like damage, range, mag size, etc.) and guns in the West handbook get cheaper as time progresses.

It's based on the time weapons were made, such as new tech to make weapons more powerful.

Damage is based on round/caliber size. Range, magazine, and all other stats are based on real world information.

So then that is balanced by pricing, which is decided with a simple formula I made based on weapon statistics. I keep a .txt of it.

For example, here is WW1's formula stuff.

For weapons beyond the year 1915

Pistol: 1D10 Base
--.455: +9, 8 Pierce
-- .45: +8, 8 Pierce
-- .38: +8, 7 Pierce
-- .35: +7, 7 Pierce
-- .32: +7, 6 Pierce
-- .31: +6, 6 Pierce
-- .30: +6, 5 Pierce

--8mm (.31)
--7.62x38 (.30)
--7.62x25 (.30)
--9x20mm (.35)
--9x19mm (.35)
--9x20mm (.35)
--9x23mm (.35)
--9mm (.35)
Rifle: 2D10 Base
--.40: +10, 10 Pierce
--.31: +10, 9 Pierce
--.30: +9, 9 Pierce
--.27: +9, 8 Pierce
--.25: +8, 8 Pierce

--8x50mmR (.31)
--7.92x57mm (.31)
--.30-06
--7.62x54mmR (.30)
--8x50mmR (.31)
--7x57mm (.27)
--7.65x53mm (.30)
--6.5x52mm (.25)
--10.4×47mmR (.40)
Shotgun: 1D10 Base, Spread Special Rule
--12 Gauge: +11, 13 Pierce
--10 Gauge: +19, 12 Pierce
Explosive/Artillery Damage

Filling Weight decides damage.
Every 600 grams = +1 damage (Gram/800)
Every 480 grams = 1 Pierce (Gram/600)

Large scale:

Every 15 Pierce over 20, remove 20 Pierce, add +1D10

Every 10 damage over +20, remove 15 Damage, add +1D10

PRICING:

1D10 = 4cR
Range/10 = cR
Base Damage/2 = cR
Pierce = cR
Magazine /2 = cR (1=0 cR)

Semi Auto: Every 1 = 4 cR
Automatic: Every 1 = 2 cR

Blast: +2 per 1 radius
Kill: +5 per 1 radius

Then total *2 = final cR

A quick note, the Artillery damage and pricing was removed and never used.

And a selfless bump to see if the thread can survive me sleeping.

It'll be fine
Maybe

How the fuck does this game have so many weapons and vehicles? The games have like twenty weapons, tops.

autism and bad game design

Googling some of these weapons I've never heard of are bringing me to actual Halopedia pages so.....

So where the fuck did these come from? Are the weapons in each game a different weapon? Where the fuck is a Gordon or a Lich from? How many of these are from books and those TV shows?

le ebin meme upvoted

Just let this fucking abortion die already, Vorked. You have zero clue about system design or even how games are run, you surround yourself with people who have no idea about system design or how games are run. And your fucking system is built on the shaky ground of plagiarism, like every other slowly dying abomination Veeky Forums has made that somehow earned some popularity.