GURPS General GURPSGEN

Old thread >50519551

I LIVE AGAIN! Edition. Ever played someone unkillable, or just really fucking hard to put down? Ever get up from negative HP and put your terrible vengeance on anyone?

Kickstarter backer kits were due in, I hope you got yours in before the deadline. Nothing new to GET HYPED about unless I'm missing something.

>gamingballistic.com/

For GURPS day and stuff.

Unkillable 3 + Cursed is fun as fuck.

I designed Slam-Man, essentially a character built solely on tons of levels of Enhanced Move (Instant Acceleration + Complete Maneuverability), Unkillable 3 (Accessibility: Only Respawns From Doors), and a shitload of Brawling.

He slammed people at top speed, turned himself and his enemy into mist, and then reappeared from the nearest door.
Shit was tits.

Missed a HT survival roll by 1 and ended up mortally wounded but alive enough to light a fuse. Took six warrior beast with me thanks to some dynamite I was saving for a rainy day

I genuinely lold

Redpill me on GURPS. So many people recommend it but when I read GURPS Lite even that seemed like too much. Combat alone seems to have too much to take track of.

Hey /gurpsgen/ I'm planning to run a shonen anime campaign soon in a homebrew setting. I'm planning on including magic and mechs, but I'm not sure where I should source them from. Are Powers a good emulation of weeb magic (think jutsu from Naruto or even devil fruit powers from One Piece)? And can the Spaceships books produce land based mechs? I've heard that Pyramid 3-50 is also a good source for quicker and dirtier mech rules.

Eh, you get used to it. It is a bit crunchy at times but the modularity is what makes it great. If you're a GM who likes doing homebrew shit its almost a perfect system.

It's remarkably easy once you learn it. The time and investment in learning to play GURPS gets you a good community and a game that can support a lot of different story options. Basic task resolution and combat can run quickly.

Once you master the basic systems the huge amount of optional content goes from overwhelming to tempting. You can run almost any game with the basic set, but there's FUN in getting out Martial Arts.

Powers can handle magic relatively well if you don't want to get out a more involved system. For Mechs, GURPS Spaceships 4 has a okay set of rules, while you can find another in Pyramid 5-50. The last option would be to just build them as characters, but you'd need to do all the work with that one.

GURPS provides you what you need exactly when you need it. And because it's blue, it goes with everything.

>One thing you've got to understand about these GURPS folk is they make references. A lot of them. Sometimes it's confusing. My advice is if you don't get one, just ignore it.

I'm the type of person where if I can't grok a system with a cursory read through, the system is too complicated for me.

If that's the case, then GURPS probably isn't for you.

He asked for red pill

Good to know I've cleared that up for myself

You can handle it. Try reading the Characters book, there's simplified combat rules in the back that can help you with it and you can be up and running relatively fast.

It takes time, but it's worth it. Good luck.

Someone asked last thread for a guide to RPM. That's probably a good idea. What should be included in it.

The long and short of GURPS is that you roll 3d6 against a target number and try to get under it. 90% of the other rules are about how to determine what that target number is. Which means you can ignore them and make up your own target number.

Two important things about reading through GURPS books are:
a) Go in with an aim -- try to find or build something specific and pre-meditated, don't go in looking to see what you can do or what's available, because the answer is "anything".
b) If you don't understand a rule, ignore it and make something up on the fly. GURPS works perfectly fine if you just say "hey the guy you're trying to shoot is far away and it's raining, so you get -5 to your roll" instead of using the Speed/Range Table and weather modifiers.

>guide to RPM
You mean like Thaumatology - Ritual Path Magic pdf? Although I admit it has some organizing problems that make it hard to understand until you read whole thing.

But remember, if you want to homebrew 90% of the time there's something official out there already. For example the aiming. GURPS action has 'range bands' instead of a speed range table. There's 3 bands, Near, Medium, and far. That's it. That's all you need to remember.

Feels like it misses out on some things. There was a length limit for that book. Feels like the explanations were cut short.
So perhaps a GURPS RPM companion?

G'day /GURPSgen/, I'm continuing work on TCDG. Is anyone considering using this?
No update yet but I'm adding more things. I've added a 'weapon skill' checkbox so you only get skills showing in the attack calculator if they are designated weapon skills.
(Previous saves will just have all skills enabled as weapon skills to maintain backwards compatibility).
I've also added Min strength to weapons. Previously added weapons have their minSt set to 0.
Finally, as webm related reveals, I am working on GCS parsing so you can easily import your GCS sheets into it.
It's exactly as painful as I imagined.

So this is a pretty general question. But any suggestions for which Supps I'd want to look at, were I trying to run a game based around the idea of 'warriors' from throughout history finding themselves planted in a (perhaps fantastic) medieval setting?

It'd need to account for potentially modern soldiers all the way back to Ancient Greece, and a lot of stuff in between.

Yeah, really. People often forget that the Task Difficulty Modifiers (TDM) can be applied to combat rolls the same as any other.

Banestorm is worth looking into.

Then there's Low-Tech, obviously.

How do I reward character death, /gurpsgen/? I'm already going the Pendragon route of allowing characters to pass on their equipment and lands to their sons, but I want something a bit more than that. I want to offer the players a reward for finding a good death that is more involved than bonus XP for their next character.

Allow the next character to be more plot involved from the getgo. First gen characters are literal whos. Second gens can be barons whose fief is directly involved with the plot. etc.

Not bad

I want something a bit more spiritual feeling. That's a little "gamey" for my tastes.

The spirit of Ol' Gran'pappy in your sword giving you life advice.

Well shit, 3d6 sounds simple enough, with things only effecting the target number and not the outcome of the dice roll?

Also Near, Medium, and Far is perfect for me since all my gaming is theater of the mind.

So say I was a lazy fuck and wanted to play a modern fantasy campaign in the vein of FFXV, the flavour of the month, how would you recommend I do that, honing into what mechanics. I basically just want fantasy with near-modern slight future mechanics and aesthetics.

In vein of XV? So a bit of jumping around and supernatural powers?

You probably want to invest in learning GURPS Power-Ups: imbuements for the flashy anime power attacks. Add the chi skills in basic set such as Flying Jump and Light Walk for the tricky running around (or make powers that do the same) and finally rebalance the guns so they deal a bit less damage (though really, you can just give everyone a really high dodge score or the ability to parry bullets). Survivable guns (a pyramid article or something) talks about reducing guns to make them more appropriate for a movie action feel (basically you halve their damage but give them a step of arpen). GURPS: Martial Arts talks about Wuxia settings (which has a few things in common with XV action).

Notice that you won't have videogame hp with just this, but that's probably something you can live without right?

I'm more of a visual person, so the aesthetics and tone of a modern fantasy world, with the mechanics to facilitate that, are what matter to me.

does anyone run this game solitaire here?

I need help; How damage should a 18.5mm gyrojet do? what about a 25mm one?

Thanks man, sounds good. I can't help but think there must be a better way, I look forward to figuring it out a week from now after you spending a lot more time getting it done the hard way.

So my GM is running a space game, in what's broadly TL10, though some different world's on the edge of space have less access to TL10 gear. She's given me permission to take the TL12 warsuit from Ultra-tech, with an Unusual Background (basically Samus. Was raised by freaky aliens, and got the suit from them). However, I've never really used UT before, and I've heard it gets hyper-lethal, at higher TLs, and weapons far outstrip armor.

So my question is basically: How tank does a Warsuit make me, against TL10 weapons? What can I safely ignore like it's a bunch of monkeys flinging rocks, what can hurt me at a fairly even rate (IE, two or so solid shots Will kill, like guns in a modern setting), and what will just instagib me, no save?

Also, on a similar note, is there any way to get a force screen that's not just a normal sized shield, or a giant some I slam down? Something I can use to project a wall to cover my allies, kind of like pic related?

Yeah, if you nerf guns using survivable guns (1/2 the damage, but (2) arpen) and you give players enough points that they can buy abilities such as imbuements for their characters, you should be set.

Final Fantasy Magic is usually one-off powers, so they can be bought as alternate powers (Fire/Ice/Thunder) with the magic -10% modifier.

>game solitaire

I have an ongoing game that I started last year. I use the Mythic GM Emulator.

Why do you ask?

Let's do some math with the Warsuit. It has 300 DR base, on all fronts. It's Hardened (so it reduced armor divisors by a step), and against shaped charges, it's triple Hardened. So a shaped charge, on average, will need to do 150 damage to get through (divisor of 10 reduced to 5, 3, then 2).

Now, over to guns. The easy rule of thumb is 3.5 times the number of dice is the average damage. We'll start with the big guns, the Portable Railgun for TL10- with normal ammo, it's handing out a pitiful 20.5 damage at an armor divisor of 2. On the other hand, the 40mm Railgun that's mounted on tanks averages 525 damage before armor divisor (of 2). So what we're seeing here is that, for projectile weapons, even the heaviest TL10 rifles *with normal ammo* can't come close to hurting you, while tank guns will turn you into a bloody pulp. That 40mm Railgun has a RoF of 20, by the way.

Lasers are similar, in that man-portable weapons can't scratch you and mounted weapons eat you alive. Tactical Missile Launchers will be maximum overkill, at 6dx50 pi++ there's no chance they're not going to get through you, even with armor divisors in the negative. Just the way it goes, senpai.

This totally changes with the introduction of non-direct-damage weapons. Sonic weapons won't give a fuck about your armor and will incapacitate you anyway unless you take proper precautions. I'm also pretty sure the Warsuit isn't EMP-hardened, which means that microwave disruptors will hurt, bad.

The real hell can be alternate ammo types, especially HEMP which will buff the hell out of some guns. It's not quite enough to cleave through your armor, but it'll still give a much better chance of rolling high. Stingray and EMP rounds pose a threat to your suit's function, while sonic warheads will just fuck with your function in general.

And of course, antimatter warheads and mininukes will kill you regardless.

Oh, and Powers has an example ability that's a souped-up Reinhardt shield projector. Page 147, Wall of Force.

I was just wondering how other people play out their games this way, and if there is any good software for this style of game.
Currently I also use mythic and just record everything in a spreadsheet such as the stats, the map, and the general story or events.

More specifically I use the Flash-based Mythic Emulator made by a guy called Artifex. Pretty nifty.

>EMP

To be fair, electromagnetic shielding is super easy to do, and IIRC any Sealed object or suit is immune to EMP warheads.

Damn, that honestly sounds kind of boring. I don't much like the divide between "Nothing" and "instagib". Is there anything I could do to offset that a bit?

I need a character for a TL6 (1900) campaign about members of a paranormal organization fighting aliens and I can't come up with shit.
Never played GURPS and ages have passed since I last roleplayed.

I have 140/50 CP to spend, 50 of which can be used to buy paranormal/exotic advantages. What the fuck do I play?

What's your inspiration so far? Investigator? Murder machine? Face? Fixer? Mechanic? Debutante?

Also what's the setting? Late Victorian London? The wild west? The Canadian frontier? Darkest heart of Africa?

Rework Ultra-Tech. Alternatively, build your character's warsuit as a character and buy it as an Ally (90% sure Supers has a template you can crib off of if you're not sure how to go about that). That way, the suit meets your exact specifications.

However, the big issue is the weapons you're facing, not the armor; the damage jump from man-portable to mounted is insane, and there'a no real midpoint to occupy.

I recommend you check out the new version of Injury Tolerance in Powers; it divides all injury (not damage, but actual taken-off-of-HP injury) by a certain amount, rounded up. If your warsuit gave a decent amount of hardened DR and multiple levels of IT, you could be immune to civilian arms, resistant to military hardware, and potentially survive some big stuff. The warsuit could also give you Enhanced Dodge, which is honestly a better defense than any amount of DR.

>What's your inspiration so far?
Cowboy, cop, maybe. I usually prefer simple characters with simple motivations. Call me one sided, but I'm really into the lawful good cop, the ruthless chainsaw assassin or the egoistic mad scientist.

>Also what's the setting?
Amazon forest.

>I recommend you check out the new version of Injury Tolerance in Powers; it divides all injury (not damage, but actual taken-off-of-HP injury) by a certain amount, rounded up.
I don't think this is an option, as the GA does want us to be normal people, at the core. Exotic advantages at best, from gene modding, or such.

This would be for your suit, not you directly.

Ah, I see. Might work then, if it's not too pricy. I'll see what the GM thinks!

Statting it out as a character and buying it as an Ally makes things deceptively cheap. A constantly available Ally with your point value is only 20 points; that gives you a sizable pool of points, plus more because the suit will (likely) have IQ 0, Dead Broke, Valuable Property, Unhealing, etc., all of which give you even more to spend (though you will also probably need to spend points on advantages all inanimate objects naturally have, like Doesn't Sleep/Eat, etc.). On top of that, the suit does not need to be well-rounded; characters should spend their points in many places (combat/social/information/utility skills, survivability advantages, etc.) while a specialized Ally suit can spend all those points one being really really good at *one thing*, which is tanking shit in this case.

Except of course an alley is built by the GM, so you give up a lot of control.

The Wolfman. Get Regeneration and Discriminatory Scent and be a police detective.

Simple enough, solider gone mercenary works there. British, German, American. All work.

See if you can go gunslinger, it's an amazing bang for your buck. Then just double down on the gunnery. Back it up with likely knife, and spear (bayonets and such were still a thing). Various outdoorsman skills. Dex is your god.

Ooh, maybe, have him cursed by a dark idol he came accross? Maybe his supernatural thing is a curse/boon where he regenerates from any mundane wound, but he's now vulnerable to say, blessed weapons or silver or something. Just go straight edge gunner with a totally tangential flaw.

>build your character's warsuit as a character and buy it as an Ally
I normally run fantasy games, but if one of my players statted a suit of armor that way, I'd do my best to find a way to make it go haywire at a crucial junction.

Making your warsuit as an Ally sounds to me like an invitation for the GM to do just that.

Sounds like a duck move when they're just trying to balance out a piece of cool equipment.

Thanks, user. I love you.

Glad to help. Shove 'balthazarr' in there somewhere for a fitting tribute.

True, but assuming the GM isn't a dick that goes out of his way to waste points when building the Ally, it should at least have a focused design if not a minmaxed one.

/gurpsgen/, when doing combat, do you kill your NPCs when they reach 0 HP or do you keep them around as long as possible and make all the requisite rolls against their HT and whatever to keep them in the fight?

It depends on the game.

Why not just tell them no like an adult? Or at least work with them to balance it out enough that it's acceptable to you.

I didn't say it was unacceptable. I said that the cliche of "character dependent on suit of armor has to fight without it or even against it" is very suitable in this case, and statting the suit as an Ally just invites that kind of plot development.

No need to get your panties in a bunch.

Depends on a) campaign genre/tone and b) the enemy in question.

a) Cinematic games necessitate faster and looser combat, so I use mook rules, with faceless enemy goons -- be they goblins, thugs, evil empire storm troopers, etc. -- going down after one hit, more serious enemies dropping at 0, and important baddies rolling HT to stay up.

b) If "a" doesn't apply, combat ends where it makes sense. Bandits aren't going to fight to the death -- they'll likely all scatter after one of them goes down or even takes a major wound -- animals back off after a few hits in most cases, stuff like that. Only fanatics and very well trained soldiers fight to the man, and even then tactical retreats are probable.

I roll HT for them at negative HP, but most surrender or attempt to flee when reduced to negative HP. Unless the players express an interest I don't split hairs between dying and dead if someone is knocked out at negative HP, however.

On the other hand, it's great fun to throw someone with Berserk at player characters. The +4 to HT rolls to stay up and ability to ignore pain makes it terrifying when they go into negative HP but remain standing.

Yes, an ally should be useful. It's just worth remembering that it won't be exactly what you'd want.

Needs Fragile (Combustible) and Fragile (Explosive).

Any 40kfag here? i need some opnions on some thing i've done. Everything is on my mother language and thats a lot of shit so i don't wanna spend the time translating it if noone here today is able to opine

Hey /gurpsgen/, I'm trying to figure out how to make a power (using the rules from the Powers book) and could use a little help.
Basically the idea is that this guy can use his Earth magic to retrieve a weapon if he is disarmed, moving it through earth-based objects to himself.
At first I thought this would be some form of the Telekinesis power or maybe the Permeation power, but I can't figure out a suitable combination of effects or modifiers to make this work how I want.

Usually I check if they get knocked on their ass or not. A failed HT check means that your typical NPC won't get up anymore even if he's still on positive HP. He's too busy nursing his major wound.

Slightly tougher NPC:s have to be knocked unconscious proper.

Afterwards I don't roll. I assume they bleed to death if player action isn't taken.

I'm familiar with 40k, more or less. What kind of material are you building?

The stupid and lazy way to do this would be Ally (Summonable, Magic power source) and stat the sword as a minimal-cost ally. This is a lazy hack, and I'd only go for this if I was fleeing damn lazy.

Retrieving a disarmed weapon up to two yards away is a perk, per Psionic Powers. It's called tether, or tethered, or something like that. If you just want to be able to get your weapon back fast, you can take that and refluff it for earth magic.

>What kind of material are you building?
Basically everything it is sometime needed for a Astra Militarum game, most of it is easy, like boots and making up patterns of common 'everyday' shit, but i'm having some problems with tabletop to GURPS equivalence of weapons S, AP and units T;

Up to this point i've established everything from 6+ to 2+ saves and how they are 'measured', not meaning just DR and Damage, but also how much cover it does confer, like a 5+ is something around 20-59 DR but it is also something that only covers a few important parts with that DR, like only a torso piece with 24-30 and lighter(like a body suit) 10ish DR everywhere else, which would be what lore says about Flak(solid) and Flak Suit. So, i got some numbers and coverage example, i'd like to know your opnion on it and if you think that something should be changed.

DRD: It means DR as Dice

DR DRD |DR DRD |DR DRD |DR DRD |DR DRD
1-7 1-7 |16 4d+2 |25 7d |33 9d+2 |60 17d+1
8 2d+1 |17 4d+3 |26 7d+1 |34 9d+2 |70 20d
9 2d+2 |18 5d |27 7d+2 |35 10d |80 22d+3
10 2d+3 |19 5d+1 |28 8d |36 10d+1 |90 25d+3
11 3d+1 |20 5d+2 |29 8d+1 |37 10d+2 |100 28d+2
12 3d+2 |21 6d |30 8d+2 |38 10d+3 |150 42d+3
13 3d+3 |22 6d+1 |31 8d+3 |39 11d |200 57d+1
14 4d |23 6d+2 |32 9d |40 11d+1 |300 85d+3
15 4d+1 |24 6d+3 |33 9d+1 |50 14d+1 |500 142d+3

Ap: The minimum value to be a potential 'wound' on your typical ST10 human, or ST9 hiver/Value with AP ammo or equivalent
Save: Equivalent Save on TT
Name DR DRD AP Save
Flak(suit) 12/4* 3d+2 5d/3d+2(2) 6+
Flak (rigid) 30 8d+2 10d+2/6d+1(2) 5+
Carapace 60 17d+1 18d+1/9d+2(2) 4+
Power(Sororita)70 20d 22d/12d 3+

And my guns on pic

Also i'm not too sure about how much, if any, ST SM power armor should confer as on Tabletop scouts are now S4 T4, even though they have been S3T3 and S4T3 in the past, and Sororitas are S3T3

fucking Veeky Forums, sending on pic

I think you'd be fine treating non-Tactical Dreadnought powered armor as providing no ST but canceling out it's own weight, so it counts as weight: 0 for Encumbrance when worn.

Your numbers seem pretty reasonable. DR 30 Skull and Torso/DR 10 everywhere else fits relatively well for Flak, though it makes it more useful vs melee weapons then I feel like it should be (IIRC, an average human with a hand weapon has little trouble with guardsman flak armor).

12/4* as per Ultratech notes '*' means that the second value is used against everything that isn't piercing(-, ,+, ++) nor cut, so stabing(strong or Icepick grip for +1) with your combat knife multiple times should kind of replicate the S3 ap- CC of guardsmans. Also i'm thinking about lowering it to 10/2*

Fuck, forgot to say that i actually have a pretty extensive armor table but it is too extensive to translate now

Well that works perfectly then.

Dead or retired characters can hand down equipment that otherwise becomes hard or impossible to get as the game advances (the secret to creating X is lost, so you are now one of the few people with X).

The legacy and legend of the bloodline is also given boons and magical Enchantments that fall on the current scion, along with any Curses the blood has managed to attract.

IE: The First of the Line was known as a great negotiator and swordsman. His heirs gets a -50% (Bloodline) discount on Combat Reflexes and Charisma, if he wishes to take them.

>I want something a bit more spiritual feeling
Add them to the game world lore and history. Have people talk about their glorious death in battle or their noble sacrifice (if the death merits it), or have people remember their other deeds, maybe mourn them (don't pile it on too heavy, insert it offhandedly into descriptions and conversations).

That works for my players, anyway, when I manage to pull it off.

Additionally, if they die a shitty or humiliating death, feel free to poke fun at it, if appropriate.

>12/4* as per Ultratech notes '*' means that the second value is used against everything that isn't piercing(-, ,+, ++) nor cut

Hold up there. An asterisk on a DR number means the DR is flexible. The slash is what indicates split DR, and the notes tell you what the higher DR applies to, which can be either a damage type or a hit location, e.g. some armours have heavier plating over the torso.

I'm trying to figure out how expensive a chimera should be, its the equivalent of a modern IFV, any suggestions?

*Ballistic armor is flexible with a split DR: it provides full
protection against piercing and cutting attacks, and uses its
reduced DR against all other types of damage.

That quote doesn't have an asterisk in UT. Here's what Basic Set says:

>“*” means the armor is flexible. Flexible armor is easier to conceal or wear under other armor, and quicker to don or remove, but it is more vulnerable to blunt trauma damage.

GURPS equipment uniformly uses a separate column to indicate notes and never asterisks, daggers and double daggers, because they have specific meanings.

Sorry then, i was looking on my notes where i for some reason used a * before the note.

No problem. I'm mostly being harsh about it because I don't want newbies coming in and getting messed up about notation. Also I'm a scientist so notation is my jam

Good morning GURPS.

What kind of a balance do you use between random and set hit locations? If you shoot at a person, you most likely aim at the person (and more often than not the torso), but on the other hand, it only requires a slight twitch on either end to hit someones leg, arm, or head instead. Using random hit locations given in Basic Set feels way too random, but having to aim specifically at any other body part to hit them doesn't feel random enough.

I never use random unless there's very special circumstances.

Why not?

I had an attack that failed by 1 hit a random hit location if unaimed; considering many hit locations have a provision for something similar (e.g. IIRC failing to hit the Vitals by 1 means you hit the torso) it seemed to work out okay.

That would increase the chance to hit a bit, but otherwise it sounds perfect. I could even warp the Random hit locations a bit, giving a fair chance of actually not hitting anything. For example;
3 Head
4 Left Arm
5 Left Leg
6 Right Arm
7 Right Leg
8 Torso
9 Torso
10 Torso
11 - 17 is a miss.

Extremities would either not be possible to hit with a scatter-shot like this, or I could use the Grand Unified Hit Locations Table, and add in a possibility for a hit to be directed onto something more specific, like hitting the abdomen (and thus possibly the groin), if shot in the torso.

>> 50665473
Well, I always give the option to 'attack whatever is possible in a given moment' as BS suggests, it's a really nice option for anyone who is not good enough to consistently hit anything but the torso on called shots, but thats basically a downgrade for everyone else.

Doing this makes my players choose btween oportunistic, inconsistent fighting and 'professional', the later being used by almost everyone who do have a skill at 12 or more.

balance isn't really a problem

Oh sweet. Can modifiers be applied to perks like they can advantages so I can give it, say, increased range?

So I'm new to gurps and I have a game coming up. I wanna have the supernatural ability to conjure small flames and control them to an extent. It doesn't need to be harmless, I just wanna use it to start campfires, a distraction and illumination source. How can I do it?

What about the ability to produce small amounts of nocive smoke that travel a fair distance before putting to sleep or stunning whoever innales it? Should I make it as an innate attack? If no, how can I make it?

Any help will be extremely appreciated, so thanks.

>conjure small flames and control them to an extent
Create (Fire, Small Category; Ranged, +40%) [14] + Control (Fire, Common; Ranged, +40%) [28]
Both from Powers. Control isn't necessary if you don't want to move it around after creation.

>smoke that travel a fair distance before putting to sleep or stunning whoever innales it
Affliction (Sleep, +150%; Area Effect, 2 yards, +50%; Persistent, +40%; Mobile 1, +40%; Respiratory Agent, +50%) [43]
Alternatively, use Guided, +50% if you don't need to move it around freely. Also check Affliction conditions and decide what you want, Daze would be 10 points cheaper, but can be interrupted easily.

A useful way to think in GURPS is to build to the effect. Starting campfires is a perk, setting things on fire is more; maybe even an Innate Attack. Point illumination is a perk (like a built-in flashlight), wider and bigger illumination is more; maybe even Create Light with limitations. Illusion and distraction is Illusions from Powers (probably with lots of limitations to make it match exactly what you want). You're on the right track making the smoke an Innate Attack. Then add fluff and descriptions and limitations and enhancements to make it feel right.

Applicable modifiers can be given to perks. I'm not sure if increased range can be used on it, since it's supposed to represent a telekinesis advantage so cheap that it isn't worth the points you'd normally pay for it. I suggest reverse-engineering the advantage and making the range a little farther, if you want to be accurate.

Otherwisem yeah, just buy a few levels of increased range and you should be good to go.

I want to run Deadlands but in GURPS, this is my first ever game I've run and would really like to know what books would help?

What books would work well with western, and low magic?

After I finish my current campaign, and figuring GURPS 4e is near the end of its current life barring 4e+ Kickstarter changes, I think I'd like to try my hand at an idea for a GURPS Superlite. Not as light at Ultralite, or as heavy as Lite, but a hybrid spread. I kind of want to try something with restructuring everything into Perk costs and levels, sticking to the Wildcard idea for skills, and taking the best bits and pieces of the many subsystems for a toolkit compatible with the idea. Could probably even leave enhancements and limitations the same with percentage modifiers, or just their own 1/2/3 point cost system. Probably want to bulk attributes to six with Will and Perception on their own category, independent of IQ, but cheaper per level. And make each +10% to HP and FP cost 1 point per increase. Still rolling alpha ideas around, years off before I make a real stab at it.

GURPS High Tech, Basic Set and Horror can do this. Nothing too fancy. You could use the options in Magic: Thamatology to create the low-magic you want.

I was planning to make it from scratch originally but wasn't sure how so I came here for suggestions and that's when the perk came up. I'm still not sure how I'd go about "reverse engineering" it. Got any suggestions?

Someone also did 4e conversions of Deadlands. And the 3e books are still good for world building. For guns, High Tech Adventure Guns can add flavor.

It's probably just a heavily modified Telekinesis, since it only works on your attuned weapon that's within two yards. Can't really help you much beyond that. I don't feel like statting anything right now.

Thank you, ill look into those