Fucking Hilarious Roll20 application

This shit is fucking primo.

Other urls found in this thread:

yuki.la/tg/47509533#p47520211
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's actually a pretty decent character, especially for a fourteen year old. It's got justifications for his edge, plot hooks for the GM to use, and even character development as he grows up and matures into a milder edgelord who can actually function in a party with other players.

Go fuck yourself OP. I bet you couldn't come up with a character half as good as this when you were 14.

General Roll20 cringe thread?

There's worse on roll20 anyway.

Then post some.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

forgive me father, for I have sinned.
I only started this thread with one bit of OC, and nothing to post aside from it.

>this>

The only big issue that I would have with it is the "Neutral" at the end. But unless planar stuff was relevant to the campaing I wouldn't oppose.

I'm scouring Roll20 for some good OC, because I have nothing better to do on a Sunday afternoon, will post any good'uns.

>Ha ha look at this fourteen year old kid being a dumb kid, everybody on tee gee will really appreciate this quality thread made to laugh at a child who's only barely into his teens

The only cringe here is OP thinking that posting this was actually worth anyone's time.

Either there isn't as much trash on here as I expected, or I'm looking in the wrong places. There's a few questionable characters but nothing that's cut me with it's edge. Maybe Roll20 isn't so bad?

>Maybe Roll20 isn't so bad?
Well, either that can't possibly be true, or people on Veeky Forums sensationalize how bad Roll20 is the same way we sensationalize
That Guy/That GM/Furshit groups.

My friend is a college professor.
This is fucking hilarious.

>You know, rope is fairly heap. Razor blades, too.
Captain professor pants over here should probably proof read his own shit.

That's a great character.
>Simple but interesting premise
>Natural conflict due to that premise
>A reason for his talent and abilities
>Consequences for actions
>Character development and growth
>Story finishes with reason and purpose

He even unwittingly followed the classic hero arc: the refusal of the call, the failure of the trail, and the atonement and return.

This shit is so savage I actually feel like defending the poor kid. Seriously, give him a break, for none deserve such immolation.

This is a way better place than I started, honestly. Way to go, kid. You're going places.

>Telling a 14-year-old to kill himself over bad grammar.
Holy shit you sound like an even bigger edgelord than the kid.

>You probably applied for a Sunday game because you know that no God can salvage you.

10/10

tfw this is even cringier than the image in the op

OP is just mad that the kid stole his steel donut but forgot to include the katanas and demon lineage.

>Pretending that your imaginary friend the college professor marked this half assed edge fest in MS paint
Now that's real cringe.

How come a 14yo edgelord is fine but runaway harem slave in training wasn't?

Pictured: your "friend"

>looks ike [sic]
Tell your friend to resign his job.

Was that one posted in the thread? The concept doesn't sound that bad, though there's plenty of room for it to go wrong.

they fit the tone of the adventure and aren't a 30 year old live at home pedophile

>opens his adventuring career with a murder

more like "letus in" 2 jail

I've not tried Roll20 before. Is there any chance whatsoever of getting a decent game? What's it like?

>pic unrelated but always interesting

liberal arts prof detected
scientists have better things to do

>'Professor'
No wonder people give English majors shit.

That's what I thought too.
It's got few flaws, like the facts he learned to fight solely from books or he suddenly feels remorse when he kills his father when he apparently killed people without hesitation before, but nothing a good group or DM couldn't build upon and improve.

This one is boring as fuck, god.
Once you've seen one of them you've seen all of them.

No, it was one I pitched for a game but that got rejected.

Harems and slavery are common themes in fantasy adventures.

His grammar is below average, but that's actually the worst thing about it.
Let me give it a try. It's a bit long-winded and flowery, but that's more of my personal writing flaws.
>Vlodd grew up on the streets of Acomb an impoverished urchin. Though he was able to scrape out a living, he grew to hate nobility for their privilege, especially envious of the loving relationships between parents and children.
>When he came of age, he attempted to leave his hometown in search of his destiny, before being recognized and arrested for a recently committed burglary. When he arrived in prison, however, he was quickly identified as the long-lost son of a noble, and was brought to his father's estate and treated with the luxury he had always seen but never received.
>Sadly, the sudden change in fortune would be short-lived, as he saw his blood father despised him both for having the manners of a street rat and reminding him of Vlodd's mother, who had died during childbirth. It was obvious the man would have let his son return to rotting on the street given the chance.
>Despairing at having his one dream turn out to be hopeless, Vlodd stole his father's jewelry, ring, combat manuals, all the blackmail he could find in the house, and a picture of his mother as a keepsake. He began to practice using what he had stolen, growing more bitter and hateful at his father and using his mother's memory to spur on his training.
>He was soon approached by those who, learning of his ability and desperation, wished to employ him as an assassin. He became consumed by his work, using it to indulge his hatred of the wealthy. After several successful jobs, he eventually recognized one of his victims too late- his father.
>Suddenly wracked with guilt for his patricide and realizing the evil of his actions, he broke down sobbing and resolved to make amends. The guard, however, was at the door, forcing Vlodd to hastily shatter a window and flee, his awkward fall costing him a broken hand.

But your group or DM wasn't okay with it.
You're not writing a fantasy adventure, you're playing with other real people and there are things they might not want to see at their (virtual) table for whatever reason. You have to take that into account man. Maybe they had a bad experience with that kind of character before, or maybe there's a kid in the group and the DM doesn't want to have to explain that kind of stuff to him.
I mean, I'd accept that kind of character if it's wasn't blatant fetish fuel, but I can see why one would reject it.

>Vlodd grew up on the streets of Acomb an impoverished urchin.
Reads a bit better if you swap it to
>Vlodd grew up an impoverished urchin on the streets of Acomb.

>Now twenty years old and determined to change his ways, Vlodd learned the extent of his lineage so he would never accidentally kill a family member again. His hand has healed, though it pains him from time to time, and he aspires to defend those he cares about, keeping the family dagger he had stolen the night he killed his father as a permanent reminder of his mistakes.
>However, he is still known as a ruthless killer despite his genuine change of heart, a fact that makes finding people that trust him difficult. His association with the party provides him a chance to use his skills for good and hopefully earn the trust of his allies.

Yeah, I've always had trouble with passive voice.

No, this is terrible and written with a grammar a 10 yo would be ashamed of.
Shame on you for having such low standards.

>rope is fairly heap
>no one will believe [that] you are capable
>looks ike it was
>punctuation marks??
your friend may be a college professor, but you are not.

>I mean, I'd accept that kind of character if it's wasn't blatant fetish fuel, but I can see why one would reject it.
Where's the line on "blatant fetish fuel"?

Well, fuck it, it's quite good, isn't it?

Nowhere? I haven't seen that harem girl character, I can't say if it is fetish fuel or not. I was talking about a hypothetical situation.
I'm not a native speaker, I'm sorry if I fucked up my conditional.

>demigod
>INFERNAL demigod
This immediately puts him on thin ice if not immediately rejected. If you expect to play a demigod, your backstory had better be good enough to make me weep tears of solid gold.
>All of that flavor
Absolutely not.
Bleh. Pass. I might allow this if he has a good track record, but just from what I've seen he's trying too hard to be 'gritty' (read: dark) and that doesn't bode well for his characterization.

It sounds like the lovable but suspicious rogue in some high fantasy novel series. Shame about the grammar, though.

If you get a pre-organized group together, its a good system to use for dnd games. My DM has been using it for months, and there's been few real issue's.

Its just that it tends to attract some people that are exceedingly poor in the thinking department.

>Asmodeus
>CG.
>lolwut.jpg.

>prince of nessus
>asmodeus wilfully abdicated.
>???

>asmodeus tried to prevent his corruption.
>nope.btmp.

>Mentions toril thirteen.
>has read brimstone angels.
>somehow comes to conclusion that asmodeus cares for his followers.

>child of asmodeus
>tiefling, not cambion.
>has demonic blood.

>blessed by asmodeus
>freaky hellish powers
>good.
>clonesensons.png
>farideh clone, but marysue-ified.

>chosen of asmodeus can't do half the things he does.
>not a constant struggle to remaon pureharted even with attentions of asmodeus.

>Is warlock.
>no mention of pactholder.
>grr.avi.

>no conflicts with the hell.
>no explanation of how he deposed asmodeus at level 5.
>hellno.mp3.

My worst character idea I got as an application.
Frankly, I've only ever got two apps that were terrible like this. Mostly I just get people not willing to put in any effort, like not even reading the book, or people who literally apply the day before with very little info on what they plan to play.

If you're looking to play, all you have to lose is a few hours out of one day. If the game sucks, leave.
If you're a DM, and you put the work in to make the game, make sure your players are putting all their work in too. Helping someone make a character or learn the system is fine, but if they don't learn the rules or make their character on their own then cut them loose.
Someone unwilling to put in an hour or two will prove unreliable in the future.
Requiring character concepts and time availability is a must for that reason. People who really want to play should have a character in mind anyway.

>When you were playing video games I studied Mark Twain
>When you jerked off to Japanese Visual Novels, I mastered every Shakespear quote
>While you believed George R R Martin is a good writer, I cultivated English dialects
>And now that the world fails the PISA study and the next generation doesn't know how to spell their own name, you have the audacity to come to me for help?

Seriously? He's 14. He put some thought into his character backstory, added some flaws and failures, and actually made him capable of cooperating within a group. Sure, his grammar is terrible, but that's it. Everybody had their edgy phase, and his character at least sounds like something playable.
Don't point and laugh at kids who are interested in your hobby. You were like them, once. Help them improve and enjoy themselves.

you must be new here

>I haven't seen that harem girl character, I can't say if it is fetish fuel or not.
I meant, what defines if it is or not?

So now it is cringe thread.

>worst character idea I got as an application

Son you ain't seen shit, this is decent.

>because of a certain theft
>a certain

Why do fan-fic and other amateurs like this word choice so much? I see it so often and I don't get what it's function is.

It gives a certain je-ne-sais-quoi to the story, user.

Get a load of this tough guy.

I just find it anything because referring to it such terms make it seem like it's a mystery to be discovered but whatever they're talking about is always blindingly obvious.

By any cance does anyone have any applications by Dusty C?

yuki.la/tg/47509533#p47520211

This looks like a totally normal backstory you'd see in any one of a thousand fantasy novels.

I had an English professor once who kept obsessively correcting the use of commas in all our papers. She actually docked me a whole letter grade on one paper, solely for a few misused commas. I told this to the other professors I knew, who thought it was hilarious. They started sending back her emails about school business with corrections for all her misuses of commas.

>I praticed all my life for this moment
>And now that my moment has come, you dare ask me to do something?
>I won't, because i actually didn't praticed for this moment and I should've gone to the gym.

>Join a game on Roll20
>Make a mountain tribe bard
>Just a bunch of mega-ram herders in the mountains travelling in large gypsy caravans
>Carve the horns of the sheep to make large flutes
>That's his instrument
>Decide to write a bit of backstory
>Five pages later I have the history of the clan lined up, their relationships with other Horners, how he came to want to adventure, and worldbuild the FUCK out of these people but not in a way that will disturb the world as it is
>Realize I will be the only one that will read this

My life is struggle.

At least you recognise that only you wants to read this. Only share the relevant parts, but keep the rest in the back of your mind. It might help you understand your character better, so it's not wasted.

Have the DM play the fae voices and it's completely workable.

>I once had an english professor who was doing her job trying to educate me and make me a more intelligent individual that I ridiculed
>now I spend my time as jobless neet faggot shitposting on a weaboo image board seeking the approval of my anonymous peers by posting dank memes

Projecting real hard there, user.

I'll read it user-kun

The problem with your argument is that the comma's usage varies and there are several "Rules" that are not agreed upon, so going autistic about something like that isn't something a good teacher would do.

If you are the kind of person to dock someone a letter grade because of their use of an oxford comma, you have problems.

I will read it. I will keep these ram-herders in my mind, even if no one else will.

>Harems and slavery are common themes in fantasy adventures

Yeah but if that's not why you're doing it that isn't really the point, is it?

As ESL I gotta say it gets even worse when your native uses entirely different rules for commas than English does and you start mixing them up.

Fpbp

Kids are cringey, this is literally not even bad. But let's just bully a 14 year old kid because "dude cringey lmao"

This shit was for a Persona game, I don't know what I expected.

This. For his age this isn't horrible.

When I was 14, I can almost 100% guarantee my character ideas were basically "I watched this really cool anime, and I want to make a character like this"

this "school professor HILARIOUSLY owns stupid kid, look at the poor standards in schools" shit is fucking facebook mom chain letter shit, consider fucking ending yourselves

>yourselves
what did he mean by this?

Get a load of this guy, thinking he has a halfway-passable humanity score

One time I saw a player on Roll20 ragequit in the first session over basically nothing.

It's not roll20, but let's have some god posting up in this shit.

Lionel Suggs pls no

And that's my load.

When I was 14, my characters were flat af. They had zero character beyond "what kind of cool shit can this guy do?"

>Summoning the Reaper
>"What, do you expect me to do your job for you?"
>"Summoning me right out of the blue? At least buy me a drink first."
>"Can't you two settle this over a game of chess like civilized people?"

This.