Considering that AoS is a success and 40K is terrible mess that is losing players to Warmachine and shit likle that...

Considering that AoS is a success and 40K is terrible mess that is losing players to Warmachine and shit likle that, how long till we get Age of Emperor?

Other urls found in this thread:

americanexpress.com/us/small-business/openforum/articles/6-ways-to-identify-toxic-customers-and-how-to-respond-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I doubt that will happen. 40k isn't doing that bad to my knowledge.

Aside from that though I do think 40k could deal with some changes of course. The fluff being more in line with AoS, and giving more equal shine to all the factions instead of just Space Marines, would be an improvement.

But I doubt anything like that will happen.

Didn't the entire AoS line get outsold by a HH boxset?

Could you provide numbers on 40k doing bad? I mean just within 20 minutes of my house there are 4 stores for it that have regular games and they just opened up a new one that's entirely dedicated to warhammer and it's booming. Maybe it's just where I live but it seems to be doing fine. Grognards complaining on tg asside.

>Considering that AoS is a success and 40K is terrible mess that is losing players to Warmachine
Found the bizarro Veeky Forums poster

Going by the supplement? No. Each and every campaign supplement kept with the status quo.

Comparatively WHFB campaign book "Sigmar's Blood" advanced the storyline unto the End Times by breaking the status quo.

S0 40K End Time is not coming. They will just produce books whose storylines won't go anywhere. "Just walking in circles" the fluff.

when was the last 40k ruleset?

i am thinking about jumping back in when the next one gets released.

8th ed is coming soon. and they promised a big overhaul

Not him.

According to the yearly report, AoS sold more than WHFB did in several years. Yet overall sales are down.

The downage has to come from somewhere. 40K looks like the suspect.

You'd won't be able to find a game where I live.

I've seen more Frostgrave being played than WH40K.

Huh. It's literally all i see played around here.

do you have an article or post that mentions it, by any chance?

and with soon i imagine next summer?

It's literally beginning right now. We've officially moved into End Times 40k with the Wrath of Magnus as GeeDubs begins the process of reintroducing all of the Primarchs into the 41st Millennium. While we may not get something as major of a change as Age of Smegmar, 8th Ed is coming soon and will likely be their attempt to cut a lot of bloat.

what other primarchs are in 40k now ?

i thought they where all brooding deamon princes doing nothing.

>End Times 40k with the Wrath of Magnus

Curse of Wulfen and Wrath of Magnus haoppen before the 13th Black Crusade was launched. MoW ends with Logan and the Space Wolve heading to Cadia.

Do you realize how long have we known that Logan is on Cadia by the end of the setting's timeline. For 10+ fucking years. Wrath of Magnus didn't advance anything. It kist filled a hole in the existing timeline.

just*
preexisting*

Wouldn't this "Age of Emperor" be Warhammer 30k?

>All this vagueness.

You're talking shit. Do you have anything specific about how far general sales were down or how far up AOS sales went?

Fantasy's sales were minuscule compared to 40K, to the point that even if AOS doubled Fantasy's sales it still wouldn't close the gap.

Back your shit up with actual numbers, mate.

Also it's X-Wing that's overtaken 40K, not Warmachine. Warmachine is dying a death.

The yearly report gives no numbers but we can conclude things from it.

Fantasy low sales were dragging down the profits for years. 40K kept trucking doing fine.

When fantasy sales increased with AoS. The profits declined. Clearly, AoS isn't the problem. It's earning more than WHFB did in previous years. So what's dragging down the overall earnings?.

I wanted to get in 40K, but then AoS happened and I was worried WH40K might get the same treatment.

Here is a hint. Armies with updated or new released models won't be squatted.

Armies that didn't get updated and has no releases will get squatted.

Currently, the TS/CSM have a lot of new models. So they ain't going anywhere.

The SOB are in danger, though. When was the last time they updated?

>AoS sold more than WHFB did in several years
There hasn't been a WHFB release in several years user. Selling more than 0 doesn't mean it sells for shit.

But it sold something so fantasy sales are in the positive.

This has probably something to do with the fact that there has been more releases in 1 year of AoS than in the last 5 years of WHFB

>AoS is a success

This is pure speculation. As I said, you're assuming that AoS sales increase is significant, which is completely baseless. 40K is an overwhelmingly massive proportion of sales. Fantasy didn't even come close at the end. Unless AoS is outselling Fantasy several times over, it's increase won't matter at all.

>So what's dragging down the overall earnings?

AoS controversy puts off long-time 40K customers to the extent that it offsets any new interest sales on the Fantasy range and causes a dip in 40K sales. This is as valid and proven a claim as anything you've said.

Or the economy.

>Or the economy.
Brexit's definitely a possible culprit, since we're talking about a British company.

Brexit should boost thier sales.

Why?

Pound plumetting, making their exports way more competitive.

How is that going to help GW? They make their own products and mainly sell them in their own stores. I don't see how a lower export price is going to increase sales in this case.

They sell their products in $ or € and calulate their profits in £. With the devaluation of the £ they get more pound per stuff they sell outside of the UK. They could even lower the prices and still make a profit.

>Here is a hint. Armies with updated or new released models won't be squatted.
Tell that to the Tomb Kings players who had just had a massive release of new models in 8th Ed and then got squatted come AoS.

didn't their models get re appropriated into a different faction?

OK I see now. That makes a lot of sense. Although

>They could even lower the prices

Remember who you're talking about.

They got turned into the Mummies faction which was discontinued within a year, all of their models were Last Chance'd, and now are no longer sold by GW. No Warsphinxes, no Necro Knights, nothin'.

The only thing from with any ties to Nehekhara now existing at Nagash, Arkhan, and Neferata.

The Tomb Kings and their models are all gone.

rip ushabti

It's a bait, right?
>Considering that AoS is a success and 40K is terrible mess that is losing players
Wut?

>S0 40K End Time is not coming.
Reaslly?
All Eldars fucked up after Deathmasque, Fenris ended with mentions that other traitor primarchs are joining to Abbadon.
IMO, it could be different from WHFB End Times, ut I am sure something big is comming.

>this thread
>again
It's not happening fags, get over it.

>When fantasy sales increased with AoS.
Any numbers?

>Armies with updated or new released models won't be squatted.
Say that to TK and HE.

>Considering that AoS is a success and 40K is terrible mess

GW's most recent profit numbers are actually positive.

>The SOB are in danger, though. When was the last time they updated?

2 days ago

>GW's most recent profit numbers
What exactly you mean? If you are talking about their anual then their revenue are still dropping, they just recieved good royalty.

>tfw GW keeps making more OP and ridiculous human centric factions that get even more snowflake like revived Golden Men, Dark Age remnants, Age of Strife gene constructs Perpetuals/Sensei/Illuminati/other special snowflake humans, or just a retconned faction of Emperor clones and his equally OP family
Codex: Emperor when?

Consisting of the most mary sue and OP units in the game to sell lots of models to shilldruns.

So you saying that fantasy sales with or without AoS are insignificant and wouldn't harm or help the earnings. So ignoring fantasy.

40K is the deciding factor. Seeing that the sales are declining. This means that 40K is under-performing.

>AoS controversy puts off long-time 40K customers to the extent that it offsets any new interest sales on the Fantasy range and causes a dip in 40K sales.

And I see that you agree with me.

What new models did the TK get in 8th ED?

Funny how the proof of AoS success seems to be more illusive than lasting Israel-Palestine peace.

some characters, sphinx, necropolis knights and tomb guard

>They could even lower their prices.

>So what's dragging down the overall earnings?.

The economies of both the US and UK are looking somewhat uncertain due to both political climates, and people are spending less money because of it (either in spending or in hiring new people).

Overall employment of middle-class/lower-upper-class individuals is going down, and real wages are going down as well. As such, people who play these games have less money and less time to spend on this hobby.

At least, this is how things are in my area.

Also the election of Donald Trump has thrown a gigantic monkey wrench into the American economy and will continue to do so for at least 6mo after he's sworn in in January. While the markets are cautiously optimistic now, that can flip on a dime, and people are being very careful with their money.

Also, what said.

What are you talking about? Bill, Bush Sr. and Jr., Obama, AND Reagan all achieved lasting peace accords in Israel/Palestine!

This is a joke if you couldn't tell

>AoS is a success
Do we actually know that?

They are still releasing new models for that shit.

I think user meant emphasis on 'could'. It would be financially possible, not humanly likely.

Yeah, but they changed strategy.

Mmm I think they are ramping up to "End Times lite". The return of daemon primarchs and the 13th crusade (that will inevitably result in failure) might weaken the imperium more. In fact I think I remember reading rumors about the end times coming for 40k but not flipping the entire game on its head like AoS did.

I sincerely hope they fucking kill the Emperor already and begin his reincarnation or some shit like that

>entire game on its head like AoS did.
Well, according to rumors the rules will be remade into AoS-like.
And for the setting, not sure what do you mean, world destruction?

>Yearly report
And where can you view that senpai?

Any sources for rules being AOS-like?

I might well quit forever if they introduce that nonsense like 'ork units move 1" more if the player is wearing a red hoodie."

>Any sources for rules being AOS-like?
Just rumors.

Actually, I'd be pretty interested in an "Age of the Emperor" where the Emps awakens and leads major offensives against the various enemies of man.

Grimdark flipped to NobleBright

I mean 40k does need a rule change.

Id like the lore changes have BL make each of its fucking authors all discuss lore changes then agree on one solely and stick with it

BL is to far up its own ass to do that.

Just read the codexes or wiki for lore the books are terrible now

>Actually, I'd be pretty interested in an "Age of the Emperor" where the Emps awakens and leads major offensives against the various enemies of man.
IMO, but if Age of Emperor happened we are going to move from Terra to Imperium Secundus.

>40K is terrible mess that is losing players

Citation needed.

MLA format too please

And according to the most recent report, their sales were higher than they anticipated. Guess what we just had in the past 6 months? Tons of 40k shit, like Prospero, GSC, DW, and barely any AoS releases

They released new models for WHFB and End Times too, what's your fucking point. The fact that they release new models for anything that's not space marines says the same thing.

>And according to the most recent report, their sales were higher than they anticipated
Source? Because 6 months ago their Operating Profit (pre-taxes and royalty) was -27%.

Fucking google it you retard. Maybe if you're this inept you shouldn't be engaging in discussions. The provided image will already allow you to achieve a red belt if not higher in Google Fu so in the future, fucking google it you useless sack.

Isn't that what all the 30K wankery is?

maybe they noticed people love primarchs after Forgeworld started spitting them out. So GW side wants to get on the action. FW: Horus Heresy GW: Post Heresy

Any numbers? That's why I asked the source.

Those are sexy af, wew lad

>Considering that AoS is a success and 40K is terrible mess
[Citation needed]

Didn't GW get more moneys the part of the year dedicated to 40k and HH? They should just drop it and just focus on the two games that actually sell.

>Warmachine
Does that game still lives? Fuck awful miniatures those steam robots

>Does that game still lives?
Yep, because it's actual game.

>Yep, because it's actual game.
Fair enough, AoS can't even be fully called a proper game with so many things still vague about the actual gameplay.

Irony, but we have the same situation in 2015 when they released popular Calth and yet failed Christmas sales and financial year ended with another drop.

Actually, 40K is under-preforming . AoS boosted fanrasy sales.

>Actually, 40K is under-preforming
Yeah, since none buys plastic heresy and primarchs.

>no hard evidence to support such claims
>40K is under-preforming
>when every made to order have been focusing on 40k
>when GW dedicated most of this year to pull old 40k armies from the dark
>when a 20+year old army that was discontinued came back with a whole new range
>when most of popular products are space marine releated
AoS was/is/will always be a mistake, it's a sinking ship trying to remain afloat.

Let's not forget that profit included royalty and since pound keep falling it's kind of natural that they receives more pounds from non-UK market.

Fantasy was underselling in the previous years and yet GW earned a profit thanks to 40K.

When fantasy sales upped with AoS in current year, GW profits went down. So what's the one thing that could be responsible? 40K.

You 40K players are not supporting the hobby.

>When fantasy sales upped with AoS in current year, GW profits went down. So what's the one thing that could be responsible? 40K.
Any numbers to make such nice theory into something more?

Shit, forget to continue.
>You 40K players are not supporting the hobby
Yet still GW cares about us much more, while they give you one not even AoS box we get the full thoussnd some release and rules for legions.

If BoltS is to believed, WHFB was at 5% of GW's sales in previous years. When it was replaced with AoS, sales jumped up by 30%.

So how the hell does 30% increase in sales result in profit loss? It doesn't. There is a sale decrease in another part of the IP, and it's 40K.

Opps forgot my picture.

>gets mad when people demand he back up his bullshit
Maybe if you should just shut the fuck up instead of making unsupported assertions.

It looks like 40K is suffer from the same thing that killed WHFB.

Toxic customers.

Here is how you can identity toxic customers.

americanexpress.com/us/small-business/openforum/articles/6-ways-to-identify-toxic-customers-and-how-to-respond-1/

Which one are you?

>I was not told
I think here is the problem.

>No matter what it's toxic customers fault: the post

And according to BolS Calth outsold the whole AoS, and since we have much more stuff in Prospero I think Space marines are selling well.

Are you fucking retarded? The support is right there in the image and the entire point was that it's easily verifiable for yourself.

>When fantasy sales upped with AoS in current year, GW profits went down
It's one way to see it, since it could have been just AoS releases not selling as much as they anticipated and GW manufacturing too much of it.

More unsold shit : lower profit.

Also GW != the hobby

Hey guys, you think the fact that GW likes to jerk their customers around constantly and do shitty anti-consumer business moves like obsoleting popular old units to ensure the sale of new ones and changing faction lore to suit the whims of writers who hate them rather than the people who pay money to play them has something to do with lowering profits?

Nah, I'm sure its the toxic customers.