Weapons General

Show me your weapons Veeky Forums ...handheld, vehicle, mech, futuristic, modern tech. Looking for inspiration and ideas. What weapons do you like to use in your games or what are you currently working on. What would you like to see and what are your favorites?

This is The Dominator

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D99NHb6B03s
youtube.com/watch?v=-pUffFPTtYM
bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-38041847
rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thats some pretty sweet Dominator you got there.

My game has something called a Gravity Mine, for used by powered-armored soldiers that have their own built in gravity control systems for slow-falling and rocket jumping. All members of the team synchronize with the gravity mine before deployment, and during a fight whoever has it can throw down the mine and activate it.

The mine itself doesn't no damage, but what it does do is create a really strong gravity field that fluctuates and throws all of its 'weight' in different directions every half-second. This creates a really chaotic environment that throws missiles and bullets off course, knocks people over, and can even crush people to death if they get too close to the mine.

Except for the people who synchronized with the mine ahead of time. Their internal gravity control systems know in advance the pattern the mine will perform, and compensates for it accordingly with no time delay. So everything else is getting tosses around like ragdolls or struggling to aim correctly, and these guys are acting perfectly fine and ignoring it.

It doesn't really do damage, but a lot of fights can be turned easymode by a well placed gravity mine.

Love the Gravity Mine idea...nice concept. Can see many fun uses for that one.

The Dominator in action

P12-MAG

youtube.com/watch?v=D99NHb6B03s

That is the neatest fucking gun I've seen in a while. Damn!

Caster guns really do need more love.

fuck yeah!

Stolen for my Space Opera game. you are a true gentleman user.

Wait...what the fuck?

Is there a Blame! Anime?

No its another of Nihei's works. I forget the name. The one with the space colony made out of an asteroid, the mechs, weird third gender people, and uhhh fleshy lovecraftian horror type aliens.

One of my players in a Wild Talents game uses a Caster-inspired weapon that uses zero-point energy. He mostly uses it for destroying walls and vehicles because blowing holes through people's chests is frowned upon (but excellent when necessary). He had to actually use it in a fight to shoot someone and the whole table was stunned.

The future is now.

Knights of FPSidonia

youtube.com/watch?v=-pUffFPTtYM

Is there a sexier weapon in all of existence?

Please aim carefully and eliminate the target.

It's a homage to Blame! in a anime of other of Nihei's manga (Knights of Sidonia).
Basically on Sidonia-verse Blame! is an actual anime, and there're a few scenes of people watching it (it was a homage made by the animation team, who're Blame! fans. It does not appear in the manga).

Netflix is doing a Blame! anime/OVA series, but no one knows when they will start airing it

Nihei is a man who loves his guns

wtf tiny bullets

They're probably relativistic sabots or something. BLAME is ridiculously high-powered.

There's also a scene where he stops a train with two or three shots.
Don't let the size fool you, the stopping power on this thing is insane

It's from Biomega actually.
And here is the protag using the same gun with the extended rail to shot down ICBMs in orbit.
The recoil caused earthquakes and a tsunami.

Nihei handguns are missaplyed force made manifest

Orks exist, and they live on Brazil

Annnnd I'm out.

And here's a GBE.

In a more sensible universe it would be strapped on a spaceship. In The City it's the only weapon you will ever need.

This is a shot on the lowerst setting

Why the fuck criminals want .50 bullets for?
Do they want to shoot people from behind a wall?

IIRC that was for stopping vehicle convoys. the rebels would kill the front and back cars with the .50 and ten they'd use regular guns to kill people in the middle vehicles and steal those aforesaid vehicles as well as all the things carried by the now very dead people.

To have gun fights against helicopters

bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-38041847

blyat

The medieval IRS was just as scare as the modern version.

For the times you need a little extra help getting into close combat with large monstrous creatures.

Alternative Ranger gear

Do summoned creatures count as weapons?

Hi-Point, it just keeps working...

No offense, but anything "gravity" related really triggers me, especially in the context of science-fiction.

Like, what? Like, how? How are they doing this again? How exactly are you harnessing the power of "very-large-mass-in-space-attracts-other-smaller-masses-to-its-overwhelming-pull"?

I'm not trying to shit on you or anything, but DAMN do I get triggered when gravity-related weapons always get brought up in videogames and stuff. We spend billions of dollars a year trying to take 12 men OUT of Earth's gravity, and here you have a gun/sword/grenade/belt that somehow, MAGICALLY reverses Earth's gravitational pull on you? Like, how again? How exactly does this work again?

Damn.

Sorry.

As you were.

Also, unrelated note. I don't play Titanfall, so can anyone confirm for me if the weapon in pic related is from that game? Too lazy to Google Image.

Would a handheld railgun even be effective? Could it be better than a normal gun at that size?
someone has already probably scienced this, but as far as im aware railguns are really only effective if you have a fucking powerstation behind them, however i dont know how much making the projectile bullet sized compensates for this...

Looks like an R-97. Think a P90 with a slightly bigger round.

It's sci-fi, you don't have to explain power problems

Jokes aside, yeah, it's probably not effective until we get some sort of magical power-supply that can give it the force it needs to really launch shit. But at the same time, once you can either make materials that are the right level of conductive and/or magnetic, and once you can solve those issues, there's no reason not to have magical anti-tank pistols in your space wizard game.

I feel as though you would need a much longer barrel than a handheld gun would allow. Railguns need a large track in order to reach speeds comparable to a gun.

Best melee blunt weapon coming through

What are the non-gun things in this box? Are they tools for maintenance of the guns or other general tools? Sorry if I sound retarded.

maintenance. But also the tools for making bullets. Perhaps other tools, wouldn't know

Looks like cleaning tools, bullet molds and ladle for casting, disassembly tools, powder horn, ramrod/cleaning rod.

It is from titanfall, R-101c carbine

Real one's. They can get really cool and weird. When you actually own guns, over the top stupid bullshit is an immediate immersion breaker. It's really irritating.

James Cameron has always had such an eye for good future weapons technology. The man (or whoever his graphic designer is) is an absolute genius. Literally 20 years ahead of his time when it comes to guns and ammunition.

>Modular
>High-strength "super polymer"
>Lightweight
>Caseless (or telescoping) 6.2x35 ammunition
>80-round disposable "box type" magazine with built in ammo counter
>Underslung, configurable, semi-automatic 20mm grenade launcher with disposable magazine (8 fin-stabilized, HE, Fragmentation, Air Burst, or Buckshot rounds)
>Cheap
>Reliable
>Ergonomic

Literally GOAT-tier. Gave me a boner when I first saw it. James Cameron, wherever you are, you are BASED as fug.

Nothing like having a pair of pistols that can shoot sticky grenades as a secondary function.

>tfw no Advent Rising 2 or 3
It could've been the Mass Effect before there was a Mass Effect.

>Dakka.jpg

knowledgeable anons are best anons

Which Harlock spinoff is this from?

That's....that's pretty awesome actually. Good use of zp-energy, and glad to see everyone stunned at the ruination it causes.

I feel like I should know what this is from.

Stargate Atlantis.

Thank you, dear user.

Sick bardic songblade man.

I could imagine something very similar being said about atomic power before it was realized.

It's a common theme in many different science fictions that a theoretical far-off breakthrough in our understanding of gravitational forces or the universe in general might allow us to manipulate it and create gravity engines or weapons. It's certainly a leap and that's why it's science fiction but our current understanding of gravity certainly isn't the whole picture and there are some pretty crazy theories even today.

I've seen coil guns suggested as the more handheld-friendly version but it still has many of the same problems.

>explosion
but why

All the advanced tech shit in the walls?

Wow, that looks so much better than what they had in that new movie.

The way I learned it, gravity is an inherent force on all things that consider mass. So, like, if you want to get rid of gravity, or if you want to increase it, you're going to have to tap into other dimensions, and/or sever this dimension from the rest of the other dimensions while simultaneously negating the effects of mass-based physics in this reality.

I think my main problem with a lot of these things is that they don't even bother to try and come up with even a slightly pseudo-sciency explanation for any of these things. Remember Call of Duty Advanced Warfare? Yeah. What the FUCK was that? Variant grenades? Sound Muffling breaching devices? I checked ont heir wiki and it doesn't even TRY to explain how the freak their tech works.

Here, watch this. I'm going to invent cryogenics.
>Space and time are inseparable
>Using this logic, scientists use massive antimatter/matter reactors to literally tear a hole in space itself
>This "Zero Space" has no concept of neither space nor time
>Since there's no time, people do not age
>They store important people in there because reasons
>Very dangerous, most people don't make it out alive, or even make it IN alive for that matter, either
>Still working on it, but they've been saying it'll be working and functional in the next 30 years
>They've been saying it'll work in the next 30 years for the past 100 years

See? Like, it doesn't make any freaking sense, but at least I TRIED. And even then, I tried to place some limits on it (wildly expensive and impractical just to house one guy, dangerous, still in prototype stage). C'mon, man. Science-fiction has to have SOME basis in actual science, otherwise the genre becomes science fantasy.

>an inherent force on all things that consider mass
But that says so little. The point is while we have some simple observations and basic explanations of them we don't understand gravity anywhere near fully.

I prefer no attempt at an explanation to the nonsense science word salad you seem to prefer and it honestly seems no more scientific than some of the gravity bullshit out there. An assumption of science is better than an outright bastardization unless you're going for parody.
I mean you're basically saying "my made up bullshit SCIENCE is better than your made up bullshit SCIENCE".

There's a great scene in the Atlantis/SG-1 crossover where Teal'c says to Ronan "I would like very much to have a gun like that." and Ronan replies "Get in line."

His gun has three shell types: an Impact shell which shoots through armor and basically everything else in its way and deals more damage that anything else in the party; a Wave shell that inflicts non-lethal damage to every part of the target's body at once, which is pretty nice and is used mostly to tenderize at target at the start of a fight; an a containment shell which freezes the target in place, which is used either as crowd control or to create a captive audience while the player's character spider-man snarks the incapacitated criminal or villain.

When all else fails.

They use against APCs deployed by the military police, and helicopters.
Honestly idk what they expect to gain though, they should know by now that whenever they kill a cop or down a heli, things get very bad for them.

Very bad as in "they get hunted down one by one, tortured then killed by the elite police forces".

Have you heard of RWBY? Where every weapon is also a gun? Like this handbag that transforms into a minigun.

rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons

Impractical as fuck, but it looks awesome so, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reminds me of Guyver, where people run around with anti-spaceship lasers strapped to their chests.

Cheeki breeki

As if that's going to happen man.

It's motherfucking Brazil. The gangs are just the expendable footsoldiers in the streets that work for the cops.

All those elite police forces are the guys running the gangs.

When the cops blast criminals, they're just cleaning out the competition.