Hey guys, I bought Warhammer Total War a few weeks back and really like it, fantastic aesthetic and factions...

Hey guys, I bought Warhammer Total War a few weeks back and really like it, fantastic aesthetic and factions. I heard it is based on a tabletop wargame called warhammer and I want to give it a start! I have always looked at mini games from a distance over the years but think this would be a cool place to start no that I have the time. money and a lot of motivation.

If anyone could give me tips or pointers that would be fantastic. I would love to start a Bretonnia, empire or vampire counts army.

Thanks in advance!
t.person from /v/

This must be a bait, right?
On the off chance that it's not, you're out of luck Warhammer Fantasy Battle, the minature game that warhammer total war is based on was killed over a year and a half ago

As much as I agree about the obvious disingenuousness of the OP, WHFB may be no longer produced but you can still play it. Most local LGS's, at least in my city, still have a number of people that play. You can still get the models and everything to.

Though, I fear I may be treading too closely to the expected and intended responses OP wanted for this thread.

Fantasy battle is dead, now there is only Age of Smegmar.

nice try user.

The game you are talking about is called Warhammer Fantasy Battles. That game got a new version which uses all the same minis but a different aesthetic and a new setting. It is technically a sequel to the world you are familiar with from total war.

If you want to find out more about warhammer fantasy battles, go here If you want to find out more about the game that replaced it, and why, go here Honestly look at both and come to your own conclusion, but really the most important thing to consider is what is being played at your local game stores, as it's pointless to get into a game without anybody to play with.

>uses all the same minis
Yeah, like TK.
>. It is technically a sequel to the world you are familiar with from total war.
Well technically it's rebranding.

>Yeah, like TK.
Which are playable in AoS still. And are TK in TW:WH yet?
>Well technically it's rebranding.
No, it's a sequel. The old world died as the story progressed, and as the story progressed further, we have AoS

Do we really want to do this? We have the discussion, with the same arguments, and the same shitposts, every thread outside of the generals.

We can't stop threads like these from being made, so can't we just point the guy where to go for further inquiries and let it die?

>Which are playable in AoS still.
As "Legacy" army.
>and as the story progressed further, we have AoS
It's nice how you evading the "countless millenia" time-skip and core changes between the settings. AoS didn't share anything with WHFB except few names. It's rebranding or reboot, like ME Andromeda which technically connected with previous ME trilogy, but it's totally new thing.
>Do we really want to do this?
What?
>We have the discussion, with the same arguments, and the same shitposts, every thread outside of the generals.
Then step aside.
>so can't we just point the guy where to go for further inquiries and let it die?
>implying it's not a bait-thread

Regardless of it also being a rebranding, it is also a sequal. There are still references to the Old World and the End Times in it.

Regardless of your personal biases related to it it is, by all definitions, a sequel.

>, it is also a sequal
How it's sequel if it's totally different story which unrelated with previous one?
>There are still references to the Old World
Such as few characters names with totally different motivation?

>As "Legacy" army.
And? A legacy army which is still very viable and competitive. Go to /aosg/ and ask them how tomb kings play.

>How it's sequel if it's totally different story which unrelated with previous one?
It's a continuation of the story. How are you not getting that? Have you even read the story? The old world died and got exploded. How do you continue from that. The way AoS did it.
>Such as few characters names with totally different motivation?
Ok I see, you haven't read anything. I will just chalk this up to complete ignorance and move on.

>And?
No minis, no actual rules, no place in the setting, and according to Atia the same awaits HE and all other old armies.
>The old world died and got exploded.
Yes, and that's was the end of the story, the AoS is different story in different setting, those few things from WHFB could be easily replaced without losing anything important in AoS setting and story, while you cannot remove John Connor from Terminator 2.
>Ok I see, you haven't read anything.
And what exactly I haven't read? How Sigmar became from nationalist to multiculturalist who wants to build equal society for everyone for no reasons, how Winds of Magic creates Mortal Realms and races since they and all souls were consumed by Chaos in ET, how incarnates survived and became the gods if they lost all their powers in the ET, how mortals could live inside Winds of Magic, and who the fuck Great Drake-Drake who appeared from nowhere?

>No minis
Except the ones that exist.
>no actual rules
Lol what? This is so ridiculous, I am actually tempted to ask you to clarify, but I know you are ignorant of AoS, so I won't.
>no place in the setting, and according to Atia the same awaits HE and all other old armies.
Said nobody ever. I've been following Atia and she never mentioned HE getting the same treatment. If GW wanted to squat them, they would have done so by now. In fact the opposite is happening. Jervis Johnson said all remaining armies will be getting their day of fame in the fluff, the story just hasn't gotten to them yet. There were 2 brand new elf minis produced for the whq box, and island of blood is getting rereleased with new rules and fluff, and that involves high elves.

But all this is a moot point because you have no idea what you are talking about, and I doubt anything I say will enlighten you. I have no time or energy to reply to the last part of your post because it's the same dumb non-points used by the naysayers I have seen ad-nauseum.

>Guyz I a gamer that sit on /V/ all day and played TW WH and now FOR REAL i want to put $2000 and 100 hours into a completely new time consuming hobby based on modelling and painting because i REALLY liked that $20 game.

>Oh and i'm a game but instead of using any on the links in the TW WH launcher that explains everything and show me all the minis or google the thing i guess i wanted to post into Veeky Forums just because.

>Yes, and that's was the end of the story
No, it was the end of the setting, not the story, no matter how much you wish it to be. You are letting your personal bias get in the way. It's not uncommon. Lot's of idiots are doing the same. You are not alone.

>Sigmar was a nationalist
Sigmar didn't really have a goal beyond "Chaos can fuck off!". The other tribes followed him more by choice than him trying to bring them under his command, and the only non-humans he had regular contact with were Dwarves... who he was actually on good terms with, saving their king and all. And Orcs, who fight everyone, so nuff said. And Nagash, who was a jerk.

phoneposting samefag

Are people supposed to only post once in every thread?

>I've been following Atia and she never mentioned HE getting the same treatment.
It was said with ioB reboxing rumor.
>If GW wanted to squat them, they would have done so by now.
They were busy by repackaging.
>. There were 2 brand new elf minis produced for the whq box
Yes, and they both doesn't fit old elves armies, they are totally different.
>and island of blood is getting rereleased with new rules and fluff, and that involves high elves.
So what? They need to clear the stocks.
>because you have no idea what you are talking about,
Because.,.?
>not the story,
How the fuck it's the same story, if new fluff clearly says that it was giant time-skip?
>. You are letting your personal bias get in the way. It's not uncommon. Lot's of idiots are doing the same. You are not alone.
>NO YOU ARE WRONG, I AM RIGHT
Nice arguments dude.
>Sigmar didn't really have a goal beyond "Chaos can fuck off!".
In AoS, in WHFB books he planed to build strong nation.

>50645235
Slav shitposter, just stop. Each post makes you look more and more like an idiot. You are not helping your case at all.

>in WHFB books he planed to build strong nation
That doesn't mean he actively strove to drive out all non-humans, or anything else that really backs up the complaint that they've made Sigmar a "multiculturalist".

When I stop to think about it some more, and remember that the Halflings have been living in the Empire, with no complaints on either side, that puts another strike on the idea. Ogres also used to live in the Empire, before they became their own army. While Dwarves, as previously mentioned, are on generally good terms with humans and are on particularly close terms with the engineer schools of Nuln.

While as for other non-humans of Sigmar's day there's Beastmen, who are Chaos. Orcs, who are Orcs. Nagash and his undead. And I don't remember there being any contact between Sigmar and the Elves. But he was on bro terms with the Dwarves,

This is a good post. Too bad it's wasted on the idiot. Prepare for his completely inane reply denying all points made with repeated counterpoints that have been refuted several times, but ignored.

>That doesn't mean he actively strove to drive out all non-humans
And how nationalism implies it? I didn't say he was racist.