Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Light Party Edition

What is your ideal four person party composition?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/bloodrager
d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/bloodrager/bloodrager-bloodlines/paizo---bloodrager-bloodlines/elemental
d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/bloodrager/archetypes/paizo---bloodrager-archetypes/steelblood
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/inquisitor/inquisitions/inquistions---paizo/recovery-inquisition
docs.google.com/document/d/1mG6AHGLXe0bARFfpzO2YuKtA9q95Day8cIBnjFVOv3Y/edit?usp=drivesdk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Still hanging around for any help on please and thanks! :)

>What is your ideal four person party composition?

Big meaty tank, suave asshole with a silver-tongue, the dork with huge tits and a huge spellbook and the anal-retentive cleric.

Cleric is actually an apostate, the tank is banging the dork and the suave asshole's running away from an arranged marriage.

Fuck you and fuck your bullshit. You're half the reason for /pfg/' terrible rep. Delete that image. Now.

pls no bully

Hey, friend!

You need Paizo-only material, yes? Well well, why don't you check out the Bloodrager?

>d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/bloodrager

The Bloodrager is essentially a magical barbarian, a potent melee combatant with a bloodline that expresses itself in magical abilities that include, most notably, Elemental (with "Water" being "Ice"): d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/bloodrager/bloodrager-bloodlines/paizo---bloodrager-bloodlines/elemental

No heavy armor? No problem! The Bloodrager gets an archetype that gives you Heavy Armor, and after a smidgeon of leveling you'll be able to move around in it at 40 feet per round! d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/bloodrager/archetypes/paizo---bloodrager-archetypes/steelblood

Why is the little tiefling girl not wearing panties. She'll get cold.

>The eyes on that cleric are seriously disturbing.
>4 person party
Healer, Tank, Utility, Damage

Alternatively, I've had a wonderful game with Thrallherd, Ranger Thrall, Rangers Awakened Animal Companion, Bard Thrall

Why? Are you triggered by anime?

What kind of shop would your character run/work in, /pfg/?

Is it just me or is the Weather sphere in Spheres of Power pretty useless? Thematically it is really cool, but from what I can tell it requires you to wait like 3 rounds atleast before you can do any sort of notable stuff with it and by then combat is over anyways.

Is it just some out of combat fluff or what?

I think user is just triggered at the unrelated retarded fetish picture.

>Implying he doesn't already run a shop.

Hey!

While I am familiar with the bloodrager (actually playing as a Spelleater archetype right now in our current campaign), I totally forgot there was a heavy armor based archetype. I'll be sure to check that one out in detail. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

WIZARD
CLERIC
FIGHTER
ROGUE

Avowed
Stalker
Warder
Incanter

Bard
Bard
Bard
Skald

I'd like some party that covers melee damage, ranged damage, some debuff/BFC, buff/support, social skills, knowledges, Disable Device/trapfinding, arcane or similar utility and probably some divine.

No idea on the specifics though. Probably has an OD/ZS, a jolly-lock and maybe a HB/ES U.Rogue.

Barbarian
Bloodrager
Skald
Slut

So i'm thinking of making a Shepherd turned Druid (Or vise versa.) and i don't much like animal companions. What kind of Domains work well with druids?

What are ways to make more enemies provoke AoOs?

T H I C C

>One player killed another trying to amputate her arm with his shocking grasp charged sword
Comedy.

making them prone is a good one.

What are your thoughts on Automatic Bonus Progression, /pfg/? I'm considering using the rule for my upcoming campaign but I've never seen it in action.

...and Acrobat!

Trip is a good one, if you can make it work.

Greater Trip and Vicious Stomp combine for two AoOs when you trip someone.

My group tried it, it's actually not all that great assuming your DM keeps loot consistent with WBL.

I really like it simply because I don't like the look of Belt of X, Headband of X, Cloak of Resistance, Ring of Protection, etc on my character sheet.

What sort of Inquisitions would Desna grant? I like the Oblivion Inquisition, but I'm also considering just taking the Travel domain for that sweet +10 ft movement speed.

I (and my group) like it very much. Stops you from needing to throw boring loot at your group and allows you to make magical items more special. Also makes you not need to deck enemies out in their own magical items.

>Shepherd
But you don't want an animal companion? Are you sure you don't want to change that to farmer (or similar) turned druid?

>Animal Domain
Grants companion. Nope.

Community Domain is alright. Protection Domain (Protect the folk!) is great defensive buffer. Farmer idea can take plant domain, sub domain growth.

Might be better to go Oracle for spells or Ranger/slayer for melee. Too much of druid is focused on the companion

Command them to move around

"The automatic bonuses are often more beneficial than that reduction in wealth, but characters have less flexibility, so the advantages and disadvantages balance out."

Innate Item Bonuses are better for those that still want the bonuses in some form from items

So how likely is it that simultaneous KOs happen in any given session? They're a relatively common staple in other media, but with the turn based progression of Pathfinder and other TTRPGs I can only think of a few ways to make that happen, all on the same turn.

Yeah but loot that just boosts your stats is boring

It seems kinda janky to me. The whole attunement thing I find weird as shit, and all the bonuses to stats are STILL fucking ENHANCEMENT, meaning all those +whatever spells like bull's strength are still fucking useless.

I wanna try the Paragon system from Worlds of Power sometime though. It's a similar thing, but the stat bonuses are untyped, you get to choose if you want mental or physical stuff, and your necessary pluses (Like +weapon, etc) are just permanently on rather than some weird attuning system.

>d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/inquisitor/inquisitions/inquistions---paizo/recovery-inquisition

Base Dirty Trick Stuff:
>Improved Dirty Trick
>Greater Dirty Trick
>Dirty Trick Master
>Quick Dirty Trick

Dirty Trick Styles:
>Kitsune Style
>Kitsune Tricks
>Kitsune Vengance
>Cloak & Dagger Style
>Cloak & Dagger Subterfuge
>Cloak & Dagger Tactics

Feats to get Styles:
>Weapon Style Mastery
>Combat Expertise
>Weapon Focus
>Vital Strike
>Improved Steal (so C&D Subterfuge doesn't provike AoO)

Base Feats:
>Weapon Finesse
>Piranha Strike
>Two Weapon Fighting
>Improved Two Weapon Fighting
>Greater Two Weapon Fighting
>Combat Reflexes
>Combat Stamina

Feats: 22

A Human Fighter gets 22 feats, so this properly come to fruition until level 20.

Why is being good at dirty trick so hard?

On the plus side whenever an enemy provokes an AoO they become Dazed and Nauseated for 1d4 rounds, plus something they're holding gets stolen. The build gets free Dirty Tricks whenever one would normally get sneak attack dice. It can replace any number of attacks in a full attack with dirty tricks using combat stamina. It can upgrade dirty trick to debilitating things (like nauseated & dazed). Plus a bunch of other dirty trick stuff.

Man though is this feat heavy.

Most DMs including good ones, often would rather not bother with keeping track though. Auto Progression allows a DM to sake fuck it to balancing items and just through in fun ones. When I DM, this is usually what I want.

The Auto progression is good, but do NOT use it even if one of your members is newer. And that's a solid rule, just don't.

Can druid access those domains? I thought they were limited to elements, animals, and terrain.

Am I missing something here? This doesn't seem very good

Why wouldn't you suggest it for newer players? I'd expect it to make things easier rather than harder.

From yesterday's game:
>Night Terror Vigilante
>Approach an enemy camp we can hear a bit away
>I don't believe in splitting the party or stealing the spotlight, but I was specced into stealth and mobility and the plan was to sneak in, get their numbers and details, and escape
>Go in, approach through bushes, they dropped some perfume and I failed a fort save, had to choose to either cough or be sickened
>I'm a professional, gotta keep silent
>Get closer, roll stealth again
>Nat 1
>Whole camp gets alerted, it's nine people vs one of me
>It's okay I can get out of this, if I win initiative I can just bolt because I have 40ft movespeed and hide in plain sight
>Lose initiative, get clothes pinned to a tree by a crossbow bolt
>Try and swift action jump away, with a strength check to tear clothes, if I passed I could take the AoOs and still run
>Fail
>Okay I'm stuck but I can try and hide in plain sight again and still avoid attacks
>Nat 1
>A round passes, get beaten up
>Next round, try the same things
>Strength check to escape: Fail, Stealth check: Nat 2
>Character had 6hp left and had to pretend to beg the bandits to spare her to buy time for the rest of the party to arrive

I have no idea how she's going to live this down when the party rescues her.

Stealth and scouting are total memes, remember that, /pfg/.
Leave it to familiars and psicrystals only.

Had to cancel a game today
Player's sister died.

I'm not that guy, but I'd imagine that you don't want to instill a sense of laziness or misunderstanding about how the system works if you're planning on reverting back to "everyone just buy your own gear now" later on.

It isn't, but it's the kind of thing a Good aligned deity obsessed with travel might grant.

F

Might be a dragon-descendant girl, horns and fire and all.
Could also be why she's without, already nice and warm and looking to add to her 'hoard' but only taking those who she catches looking, like you even while flying around.

Automatic Bonus Progression is a very good idea in principle with poorly thought out execution.

Pros:
>Players don't need to sell the cool loot the GM hands out to afford all the stuff they need to keep their stats on par
>Frees up the slots needed for the default gear for actually interesting magic items instead
>No more boring items of +X that do nothing else

Cons:
>Way too rigid in the way it mandatorily spends your WBL for you. Martials want the physical stat boost before the mental one, casters and black blade maguses and other things don't care about weapon attunement, many players have no interest in natural armor, etc

I'd definitely recommend GMs use a more flexible variant of it.

Our condolences.

Ideal would be a wizard/sorcerer, a meatshield melee, a rogueish type, and a ranged type. Healing is important too, but you could have like, a hybrid role (Druid, Cleric, etc)

What are some neat ways to do natural attack builds aside from, say, a druid?
I'd like some decent 1st and 3rd party options, since it's less for a game and more for messing around and making a character.
Uhm, probably some kind of pet/animal store. My main character's a more animal-focused Druid.

May she rest in peace, man.

Any thoughts on this? Is this delving too deep into dirty tricks?

;_;7

Ah I see what you mean. I'm probably just going for the Travel domain anyway so I can ignore rough terrain from my own spells with Agile Feet

There's that "internal WBL" thing in the pastebin. How's that in practice?

>Druid
>Not Oracle

Shepherds are classic godly folk, user!

Sorry to hear that.
I hope that player is holding up well enough

Is this too modern, /pfg/?

Rough, man. Sorry to hear that

>So i'm thinking of making a Shepherd turned Druid (Or vise versa.) and i don't much like animal companions.
>Shepard
>without a sheep dog
>not even a sheep pig
>Or just a smart Ram
srsly?

Would anybody mind looking over the large amount of homebrew races I made? I tend to consider balance secondary to a fun idea, and all but two or so of my players have agreed on that. That being said, I want to have at least a rough semblance of balance as a couple players have strong opinions on balance, and I at least understand that things camot be too imbalanced, so any input you have is great.

docs.google.com/document/d/1mG6AHGLXe0bARFfpzO2YuKtA9q95Day8cIBnjFVOv3Y/edit?usp=drivesdk

Press F to pay respects

F

>I'd definitely recommend GMs use a more flexible variant of it.

Can we talk about this for a sec? What are some ideas for making it better?

First thoughts: Decide whether you want mental or physical bonus earlier. Option to trade weapon attunement for something more caster related, maybe put pearls/runestones of power into the progression?

One of my players is swapping to Gunslinger now that his Alchemist is dead.

At level 5, any specific things I should direct him to so he can compete with the Path of War martial guys and the Sphere caster in the party?

Granted I prefer not having Animal Companions, But if there isn't good options for them i can still do it. And i get that it makes a lot of thematic sense.

I dunno, i guess i'm just looking for options.

For a standard PF setting? Not too much, no. Gives off a sort-of nobility vibe, so,it could be higher-class clothing without any of the fancy rumples or whatever

Bolt Ace is the only decent thing for that class.

There is nothing he can do to keep up with PoW martials without having access to maneuvers.

Any reason he's not playing a Desperado Warlord?

That's literally all I do. You can swap mental and physical stat order, and in place of a magic weapon, you can get a spherestaff, a pearl, or a runestone. The players've never complained.

I don't really know what do with psicasters, but fortunately nobody's actually wanted to play one in my games.

Oof. Tell ya what, though - now is the time to be there for them. When you lose someone close to you like that, the worst place you can be is alone. I don't even want to think about how I'd feel if that happened to me and my friends weren't there to see me through.

You can't bring their sister back, but you can damned well show them you care.

And when they're ready to play that game again? To remind themselves of happier days? You had better have those dice ready.

The timing sucks real bad
Before Christmas like this?
Damn.

Not really, considering that Pathfinder's kind of schizoid about what their characters wear--early editions had the stock "Taldan" image wearing a 19th-century suit.

I'm not the best to judge balance, but I think they all look pretty neat

...Huh. I wrote that. I had no idea someone put it in the pastebin until you pointed it out.

So yeah, I'm biased, but I like that.

It's a bit older than what I use at the moment, and I'm also not the one who came up with it (just the one who wrote that version of the pastebin), but yeah.

I later decided on:
>How this interacts with magic item crafting: it doesn't. Crafting discounts other wondrous items but not these 'virtual' ones.

And sometimes depending on the campaign I change '75% WBL virtual budget' to 0.8.

There aren't real guidelines on how much actual gold to give to your players with this, because I like the fact it lets me be more generous since they can't spend extra gold on stat boost items anymore.

The perfect party loading would seem to be;
Paladin
Cleric
Wizard/sorceror/arcanist
Bard
This gives you a shit ton of options while also covering basically all roles. Only downside i can see is that antimagic would seriously fuck the party.

Well, there used to be a homebrew "internal WBL" system in the pastebin like mentioned but I can't seem to find it anymore. The jist of it was you had ~75% of WBL as innate, meaning you just spent it on the bonuses/effects without needing the physical items. The other 25% of WBL was physical items. There were rules like being able to redistribute 1/3 of the 75% every level up, with no more than 1/2 of the 75% going toward one "item". It was a neat idea that I think worked out better than ABP, though I've never heard of either be in use for a game.

Moses was a Shepherd, so was David.

What this suggests is a divine class.

Druid is a divine class to you know.

He doesn't want to touch PoW.

He said he's fine with "everyone else going super saiyan but I want to just be a dude"

Cognizance crystal would work for manifesters. It's basically the same thing.

Oh yeah, in the pastebin I also refer to the custom magic item creation table, but I'd recommend being much stricter about anything made using the table that isn't an existing item.
The creation table is a GM tool, not a player one.

Well it sounds like he is okay with not being able to keep up then.

Some Ranged DPS would be good too, assuming the Paladin and the Cleric are both melee. The Bard could be an archer, but it's a bit restrictive.

He's fucked then. If he doesn't want to "go super saiyan" and just shoot shit, that's fine. He's just giving up the right to complain later.

Ooh! Ooh! You want a shepherdess with a massive ass, right? Well, remember when we revealed the race with the greatest glutes was the Demon-Blooded Tiefling? Well, consider being a hooved goat-horned girl with all the trappings of a Paladin (high strength, high Charisma) and maybe an adorably pure and sweet view on her origins; she's not demon-spawn, she's just half satyr! Besides, she fits right in with the herd, they're calm around her!

Doesn't have anything to do with being a Chosen One Paladin exuding an aura of calm, no siree.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just give them more pp straight up?

Yeah, I just want to let him know the options in case he ever regrets it.

I'm a pretty lenient DM and allow each player to completely re-roll ONCE.

Because of how power point math works, cognizance crystals are overpriced and way worse than pearls of power.

Manifesters never need to worry about running out of slots for a lower level power and wasting a higher level slot to manifest it.

A level 6 wizard will have maybe 4~5 level 1 slots, a level 6 psion can manifest fifty level 1 powers if they so chose.

So would it work for a Half-Tian/Half-Chelish/Molthuni? He may or may not be a character for RotJR.

Make sure he has papercartridges, rapid reload and, if using twohanded guns the proper archetype (musketeer I think), that his reload is a free action. With rapid shot and his first iterative he will deal very reliable and steady damage. If he is interested he could go down the "reach with ranged weapons" tree to give him a little Bit of combat utility.
Make sure he is aware that he will be a damage monkey first and foremost. And make sure to reward him with grit when he does cool stuff.
What he will not do: Interesting innate effects like his former alchemist or his fellow PoW/caster friends

So have you used the system? How do players like it? Anything you would change about it? How are physical and internal item slots handled?

Let him--Saiyans get the screen time, but Krillin got the best girl.

Tell him he is Yamcha

Seems legit, yeah. They're proto-Prussia, after all, so some kind of suit works--and the more bling and medals to hang on it, the better.

But he wouldn't even be Krillin, because even Krillin got a Power-up on Namek.
He'd be Yamcha

Is this a character for RotJR, or something else?

Because if gestalt and 3pp is on the table than oooh boy do I have some ideas.

Yeah, but Krillin's a Brutal Slayer Stalker or a Vigilante Stalker; aka "not super-saiyan, but still a badass".

>super saiyan
I get that PoW has a bit of a numbers issue sometime, but what exactly does he mean by "super saiyan"?

I already have 3 characters for RotJR, i don't need any more.

But speak your ideas, i might throw it into another game.

Presumably he just wants to be 'that damn good' rather than pulling anime moves and superpowers out of his arse.