So... how do Living Saints 'work'?

We know that the Imperium is not as the Emperor would have wanted it, that he is busy on his throne, and that the Sisters are worshipping a 'man' who hated the idea of religious woship.

So, how exactly does the resurrection of faithful people work, and why do they basically become Angels? Even if you accept that the Emperor is far enough beyond mortal so as to be a 'god' when the Throne fails, it hasn't yet.

I'm getting into Sisters, and I'm having trouble melding their mechanics with the largely cynical setting.

Whats not to get?

Shitty future, humanity turns to religion again for hope, pretty easy concept.

As for faithful coming back. Its warp fuckery i aint gotta explain shit.

I always assumed they had something like an apothecary do that to them. Basically an equivalent to the Dreadnought.

I could be totally off base though. I'm not completely up on sisters fluff

Your emotions, beliefs and thoughts have an impact on the warp. Collectively, that gives it its shape.
The warp is infinite, therefore those emotions express themselves in an infinity of ways.
Someone believed that Celestine couldn't die, or there was a subconscious thought about an angel in everyone's mind, and bang, miracle willed into reality, Celestine becomes infused by the powah of the emprah (or simply some part of the warp that isn't home to a daemon)

On a sidenote, ressurection isn't in the powerset of every living saint. Only Celestine has it afaik (St. Sabbat being close by possessing people).
It's miracles. They work like in most religions.

Retconned as of new Sister Codex. Celestine has been squatted.

That's not canon but should be, Frankenstein fuckery behind the scenes suits the setting. Imagine a saint that's actually sewn together from multiple dead bodies, a chymera of faithful body parts, her wings are actually deformed arms and her tremendous strength is a side effect of being undead.

You're dumb on a scale I hadn't yet seen on Veeky Forums. Or you just don't understand the words you're using, which isn't any better.
A retcon would require Celestine to be the only living saint in the fluff, and GW to explicitely put a "the Ecclesiarchy doesn't canonize people that make miracles" line in the codex.

The same way there were slaanesh daemons before the fall of the eldar
Time is fluid in the warp so a future emperor as a god in the warp sense of the term could reach back in time to empower miracles etc
It's implied the astronomicon is part of this as it is the Light of the Emperor and most imperial miracles seem to be based around the idea of self sacrifice
Since however the emperor is anti chaos this new power would in effect be Malal

.....malal is emperor. Truly this is deepest lore.

I think user meant that Living Saints themselves were retconned and that Celestine was squatted. Which she was. Or at least isn't available as a unit or model.

Yep. But Celestine not being in the new codex doesn't mean that living saints are retconned in any way.

Yeah probably. I think user was just screwing around with that bit, trying to get (You)s.

As far as I know, Saints are basically mutant psykers who fervently believe in the Emperor and they are born that way. Remember sanguinius? Winged psyker.

I think Big E would be something else besides Malal. If anything he'd be a god of order instead of a god of destruction and chaos.

Doesn't work well with SoB background, they're supposed to be tested for psychic ability at the Schola.

Literally a daemon (warp entity anyway) created by the fervent belief of untold millions of people. Possibly the soul of the original saint channeling that power to affect reality.

her art and mini are in two completely different universes

This may be wrong, but I always imagined Living Saints to he similar to Daemon Princes, as in literally filled with warp energy filtered by Big Daddy E and turns them into Imperial Daemon Princes in all reality, thusly immortal and ded killy

That's how I think of them, too. Perhaps they were originally just Saints, but at some point they became more and now behave like daemon princes of Big E.

Which I personally find to be just goddamn metal as fuck. The idea that Sisters or a Crusade may actually be led by a DP of Big E is way too awesome to ignore. Curiously though, ive never heard of Space Marine Living Saints

>ive never heard of Space Marine Living Saints
It's called the Sanguinor.

I always forget the Sanguinor is a thing.

I stand corrected

Although, why does it always sound like there's a ton of Daemon Princes in the service of Chaos but so very few Living Saints?

>tfw you realize you are going to start collecting angelic warriors to use in your tiny Sisters force.

Fuck.

The Emperor isn't a full warp god yet. He's still transitioning.