Warhammer 40,000 general

Now that AotE is on preorders, what's next? Edition.

>Previous thread
>Freshest Rules:
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vLsteSBHEcM&t=16m8s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I thought birdmen were heresy? cases in point: Magnus, Kairos, etc.

>Imperium being hypocritical? WELL I NEVER

>fedupAstartesPepe.jpg

AoS time I fear, I don't want a Tyranid codex until the new edition drops

Are there any fun lists to take and use TS with? Extra points if they happen to be CAD.

How do you actually use the Citadel Texture Paints?
Im new to this, going for Admech and I got some Martian Ironearth.

Also, how do you guys get your parts for basing? I kind of want to trick out my characters, and Knight when I eventually get it, and I def. want to make some fancy bases for my 30k Admech when I get them at Xmas.

Sisters didn't lose Shield of Faith.

>6++ Invuln + Adamantium Will
seems good

The lack of Celestine rules is weird though.

Will Farsight fulfil his destiny and achieve godhood in the next edition?

the 6+ is garbage. AW is situational, and largely meh

I think it's pretty great that all of the artwork tones down those stupidly big horns. Why no one stepped in and said that they looked stupid IRL is beyond me.

not per se. we know the emperor was fond of the imperial eagle. considering he was a damn good biomancer he probably transformed into a birdperson for kinks

>a race known for having diminutive souls
>no warp presence, easily brainwashed
>capable of achieving godhood

No. Best bet is an allied Exalted Sorcerer with Seer's Bane hopping into somebody else's delivery mechanism.

did they retcon tau life spans? if not he should be dead soon, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=vLsteSBHEcM&t=16m8s

See at 16m

Need more details on the new agents book

>AoF is still one use only

REEEE. AOF WAS SUPPOSE TO BE THE SOB VERSION OF PSYCHIC PHASE AND GW DON'T SEE TO GET THAT.

>Bols watermark
My disgust knows no limit.

Thanks for posting, user.

It's anthropomorphism. Combines the idea of Grey Knights with attributes of the Imperial Aquila.

It's not a literal being.

It's shit because the OP shit in it has gone and that makes me mad because GSC are now even better.

There we go.

>implying Farsight isn't devouring the souls and life force of his enemies with the Dawn Blade

I know Farsight doesn't build his forces for melee combat, but it'd be cool if all his suits and Riptides could take Onager gauntlets/Fusion Blades and buy better melee stats. Perhaps at the expense of Supporting Fire.

Isn't the point is that it's a baseline your entire army automatically gets? Plus sisters cost less points than marines, right?

I think the idea is that they are ordinary humans, but aided by the best equipment that can be mass produced for them, and the blessing of the Emperor.

ski-tar-ee

His sword eats souls and feeds them to Farsight, baby bird style.

It's why he's still alive, despite being old

That knife of him is haunted. It steals the essence of those he kill. Since he has killed Orks, Demons, and the likes, he's pretty much immortal already.

>did they retcon tau life spans? if not he should be dead soon, right?

His sword is magic.

Much appreciated, user. That will look nice.

His sword has a lifesteal effect that keeps him alive, they specifically addressed this in the supplement.

is that what it's suppose to be? i figured it's like the guard orders and other extra phases

probably say something like they are intentionally rapidly aged by the ethereal

What's abstraction? For 50 pts

>Then again saint Christopher
Who can forget the werewolf saint?

The fucker should have Eternal Warrior already.

except that the guard orders can be done as many times as you like AoF are pants, and they can only be done once

Once upon a time, yeah. Since you had to 'earn' Faith Points, like Warp Charges.

GW just hates SoB. They won't even realise that the fact their new model sold so well, that means people want more SoB. They'll just think it's cause it's Blanche's artwork design, not because it's SoB.

GSC deserve every ounce of awesomeness they get. The last two editions have basically been "fuck melee and especially Tyranids in particular Edition" and it's about time gunline armies take a raw fucking from some good ol' xenomorph shitkickers.

Make Tyranids Great Again.

Guard Orders can be used as many times as you want. SoB can ONLY BE USED ONCE.

HOW IS THAT GOOD?

It used to be a 'earn this amount of Faith Points a turn and then spend them', like Warp Charges, now? It's a One Use and they're WORSE than they used to be.

thanks for the knowledge taufags

I bought one because it was Blanches work though, I gave up on SoB when the got the white dwarf special.

Skitarii Imperatives and Cult Mechanicus Canticles can also only be used once. Same with Combat Doctrines, WAAAGH!s and Mission Tactics, unless you have bonuses from Detachments or Warlords or whatnot.

There are a fuckton of one use only special rules in 40k, your Sisters haven't been singled out in particular and are actually pretty competitive compared to some of the shit armies out there, so stop bitching.

>Taufag
But I already repented of that dark path, years ago

So I'm the guy who posted the list, so if anyone could review, that would be neat.

But Feel no Pain makes them damn hard to kill, right? Can't I grind them down with Deep Striking Plaguebearers while the Drones fear the Deaths' Heads? I have the Plagueridden's reward to pick up the Ethersword to kill Marines while Warp Strider, Spell Breaker and Corrosive Breath seem useful.
The Grimore seems a bit risky without any rerolls, and the Lesser Rewards and Greater Rewards seem real good, in my opinion.

>Veeky Forums told me that SPESS MAHREENS cannot produce children
>mfw Fabius Bile created a FEMALE offspring from his blood and dna

You lied to me, Veeky Forums.

>SoBfags thought they were getting an update

I LITERALLY TOLD YOU THEY WEREN'T.

>yfw you have no face

>vat-grown test tube baby
>sexual reproduction ("producing" children)
>the same thing

Yes, because comparing a 15 year old army with a 2 year old is really a fair comparison. You're honestly telling me that Ad Mech are equal to SoB in terms of power? You're honestly telling me that the Canticles for Ad Mech are just as bad as the AoF?

WEW.

other rumor peeps did though.

For a beginner blood angels army, what should I grab after the start collecting box?

Can I make my IW chaos Lord ride a unicycle (counts-as bike?). I'm totally shit at conversions but this should be easy.

This

Why the fuck are ghazzyz boyz worse than normal ones?

Shouldnt they be MORE disciplined? It should be -2 to all mob rule rolls ffs

What other army in the game has a special rule that is ONLY detrimental?

>m-m-uh GOD TIER BASED rumourfags who are 99.999999% right SAID SO! If I say 99.9999999% I CAN CLAIM I NEVER SAID THEY WERE ALWAYS RIGHT!

You guys sucked their cocks and even they have said they're not, bullshiting with

>y-y-yeah SoB plastics are coming
>b-b-b-but not ETA y-y-y-et!!

In short, they're never coming.

A rhino so you won't be footslogging flamer/melta tacticals

Drop pods, dreadnought, librarian, death company, assault squad, another tactical, rhinos

that's not a very progressive attitude user.

>hurr the new army is always OP! CODEX CREEP CODEX CREEP

I bet you called Orkanauts broken too. Skitarii are mid-tier by themselves, stop with this meme.

>read the new Death Guard rules
>all units with (free) VoTL have FnP, Fearless and Relentless, -1 Int, and must take the MoN
>all units get to reroll 1's on the FnP rolls
>the new Cloud of Flies rule gives all units that are targeted from 18" or more away Stealth

It feels like cumming after not touching myslef for 11 years.

>muh plastic sisters

Why the op say genreal

Generation REAL

You have the wrong attitude for a spawn of Nurgle. Emperor's Children might be more up your alley.

Duncan so noob

This releases this month and only includes a small amount of Sisters content just like a small amount of Grey Knights and Deathwatch.

Sisters rumors were for 2017.

>not touching myself for 11 years

I laughed at this way harder than I should

which colours do i need to paint my necron like these?

Who are you quoting? I didn't say anything of the sort. If you're just going to shitpost, just stick to >I2 >Melee faction or some shit, lad.

Anyone got the word on what the grey knights got?

>Emperor's Children might be more up your alley.
>more up your alley.

I'm sure they would be.

blue and orange, with white and yellow for the glow FX

And the rumourfags who claimed 2017 have ended up saying they're not coming out any time soon.

Just make a few dodgy "friends"

>small amount of sisters

Oh honey

Paraphrasing this, faglord.
>Yes, because comparing a 15 year old army with a 2 year old is really a fair comparison. You're honestly telling me that Ad Mech are equal to SoB in terms of power?
You're HEAVILY implying Skittles are more powerful than SoB because they're newer.

Oh, I'm sorry colorblind user. As a normal seeing person, I will assist you in recreating this scheme.

You will need some kinda orange and some kinda light blue.

I read somewhere that celestine is a lord of war now, is that not true?

you're playing daemons; the army is about risks and you are going to fuck yourself over at least once.

feel no pain is nice and with shrouded you got a good chance of 3+ cover with 5+ but just about anyone can outrun plaguebearers. your plaguedrones will be doing all the work so i'd invest in them more and leave the plaguebearers for just capping objectives

Comparatively, Acts of Faith have to test for their bonus, and it applies only once per squad. Imperatives and Canticles buff the entire (every model with the respective rules) faction with no need to test for the roll.

There is quite a difference between those rules, but at the same time SoB AoF might be more potent, and thus merit their more limited rules. Still, near all the factions with one-use army-wide rules need take no test to get the benefits, and AoF seems more like Militarum Orders in mechanics, which test because they can be used multiple times.

By this established precedent (multi-use buff test/single use are expended without a test), AoF should be multi-use, or else wouldn't need to test. If we go by the old rules, they generate Faith points which can be spent to make AoF tests, which works much more like Astra Militarum Orders and makes more sense. Otherwise each unit should just be able to pop the AoF when required without a test, rather than expending their generated resources each turn.

How is "Sons of the Locust" as a name for a Nurgle warband?

>the new Cloud of Flies rule gives all units that are targeted from 18" or more away Stealth

oh cool they actually did this

Rolled 6, 1 + 1 = 8 (2d6 + 1)

Alright user, my Venerable Dreadnought's lined up his plasma cannon at yours!

He's hit, so I'll be rolling for damage then charging! 1 dice for pen chance, 5 for glance, 6 for a pen, and the other dice is to see what I get on the pen table!

No, I merely stated that comparing a faction that existed 15 years old, which HAD a point based system, which was then changed, is different to a faction which NEVER EXISTED BEFORE AND THUS BEING GIVEN A ONE USE PER GAME ABILITY IS NOT NERFING IT.

Imperial Agents in the mega when?

i never painted a figure in my life, there is more colour than just yellow orange and blue how would you start to recreate that scheme?

Gay

Sons of rebirth much better

So nothing changes except cutting of Celestine.

No. She has been removed, she is now a Last Chance To Buy model (she's sold out).

>all units get to reroll 1's on the FnP rolls

This only works with the formation, jsyk.

Still wanting to do pre heresy 13th company wolves and advice on pulling it off

He's walking a far more dangerous, darker path user.

Thought of the day:
"Ignorance is a blessing"

Rolled 6, 2, 6, 6 = 20 (4d6)

Oh shit, you again?! Alright, let's do it. I'm not gonna make you reroll that, so let's skip straight to overwatch, even if my storm bolter can't actually damage you!

and are you rob or duncan ? piss off

>pre-heresy

13th company didn't exist.

Go over to /hhg/.

fug.

But at least it's a vaguely playable list...right?

take space wolves and paint there models.

you already said you were to cheap for the wulfen models, so you better be good with green stuff

Is there any difference from other companies except Captain name?

they even admitted it replaces the digital dex. if anything Sisters are probably dead now.

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? I just said they're not coming. SoB aren't coming. See they got merged with IA. Just like BT did.

How's the real pronunciation then?

>not taking the formation

I like it, sounds pretty metal.