Maximize casualties edition
counter-value targeting sub edition

Previously on HHG: user invoked dubs, got fish people, much to his dismay
Khorne Loves to brand ass
Scoria Claimed more victims
And something about identifying literalwhos

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

>Maximize casualties edition
First for murder beakies

At what point do the M sons go blue?

Undefined, there's a bunch of blue ones.

When Ahriman takes over mon's merry band of fuckers, he turns everyone blue.

Khayon has his own blue man group.

Somehow Magnus' also turn blue.

What's the deal with Khayon?

All I've ever heard is that he's OCdonutsteel tier, is he in the Ahriman series?

If this is trips we become the khornate ass general

He shows up briefly to help protect Ahriman while he performs Rubric 2 Electric Spiritaloo

There is no completely accurate un-arguable 100% canon answer for that at the moment.

In that big painting of all the bad guys the Sons are partially blue, leading people to believe they would be blue by Terra. Laurie (OF COURSE) made that painting non-canon.

If they were all blue by Terra, Amon's Brotherhood went red again, then Ahriman turned them all back to blue by magic. If they were never blue but always red, he still turned them blue by magic.

For some reason all the other Sons are blue not long after. Perhaps Ahriman - who was magically connected to all Sons when he made his blue man group - turned them all blue everywhere.

BUT Ignis isn't blue, he's orange and black. So maybe not.

Then GW revealed that the Sons warbands paint themselves many colours including red, purple and green so fuck knows what's going on there basically.

Where's he originally from?

Denied, this is now an Emperor appreciation general, post images of our golden glorious true ruler.

>Laurie (OF COURSE)
kek

So the answer is basically whenever you want.

From the Abaddon series book 1, Talon of Horus

He's a rando Legionary who somehow stays behind on Prospero when every other Son gets 'ported out. He is found by a World Eater sgt (some WE go and check out Prospero for Horus after Isstvan) and hangs out with him for a bit before somehow ending up in command of a TS company during the Siege.
After the Siege he joins Ahriman's cabal but detects that the Rubric is going out of control and tries to kill him, obv he fails but permanently cripples Sanakht (who jumped to Ahriman's defence).
After, he forms a warband with his TS mentor and his pet daemon wolf and Dark Eldar waifu and then Talon of Horus happens.

Ahhhh, he's an ADB character, now I understand.

Yeop.

Claims he brought Magnus to his knees before him.

What he doesn't say though is that it was most likely a shard of the shattered Magnus, who were little bitches in their broken form.

Fucking hell who DIDNT go to prospero?

Yiffs, SoH, WS, DG, WE

Fuck it, I'm petitioning for the siege to be moved to Terra.

Retcon library pls listen

Sanguinius and the entire blood angels legion were there too. They turned up briefly after signus, realised this wasn't imperium secundus where they wanted to be, and jumped back into the warp.

>Yiffs, SoH, WS, DG, WE
Custodes, Sisters of Silence.
And ten thousand years of rogue traders.
Oh, and the Ultras probably turned up during the scouring.

He actually fanfiction tier. Its the equivalent of being Harry Potters secret twin, or being a another secret Targaryan, but like best one with all the knowledge of the old family.

Prospero is basically a holiday resort, everybody has been there at least once at this point.

Is Prospero the biggest fuck up of the new timeline? Its caused so many problems with continuity and story. I mean Imperium Secundus has gotten pretty bad too but still.

>Laurie Golding had a holiday there himself
>accidentally ran into some psychneuein
>got brain eggs
I've solved it.

Can't wait for Forgeworld to fix it in Inferno. It's great that they are ignoring BL.

You forgot a whole lot of Mechanicum AND Dark Mechanicum.

Are you saying Laurie is psyker?
It would explain how he manages to fuck up almost as bad as Magnus.
Alan Bligh, fuck yeah.

Wait, there were darkmech there? I know the Sons had their own pet forgeworld, but they hadn't started experimenting with daemons yet, surely. Did Horus send some darkmech along for a laugh or something?

Beyond dakkanaughts and assault marines, what are some ideal units fo BAs, fluff or crunch is good

That goes for a lot of ADBs characters

Don't get me wrong, he can be a damn good writer, but the level of self-insert at times is terrifying.

I remember the moment I checked the fuck out of taking BL seriously, as anything of value to the fluff beyond simple entertainment.
It was after The Outcast Dead totally borked the timeline with the timing of Magnus' warning.
I was at a BLL day and someone had the balls to call Graham McNeill on it, and ask what was up with moving that and why, and m9, was it actually just a mistake?
Graham replied with something very close to this:
>You think you know what you're talking about, but you don't. I'm the writer, I know what's happening, I can change things, and you'll find out what's going on when I'm ready to tell you.
To be fair, this was the same panel where he got asked what the fuck was up with Nagasensa being one slitty eyelash away from an honorrabu samulai stereotype and he got defensive about that, so he was probably in a bad mood.

They did create psychically controlled robots, which is probably quite heretically already.

Its still TWO years before Istvaan now. Do you realise how crazy that is?

Magnus's warning was ignored for two years. The SW went and attacked TS holding for two years. No one in this time figured out what was going of with Horus or the Heresy.

The Thirteenth Wolf or Children of Sicarus link?

While this is true, anyone that manages to slide a quote from the 1986 Transformers cartoon in to each of his books is alright with me.

The thing that is especially bad about Khayon is that he shows up in previously established lore to shit on the TS and their characters. That is unforgivable. His rants against his own legion and Primarch didnt help either.

One year before Istvaan
Prospero 004.M31
Betrayal on Istvaan III 005.31

No idea what particular DarkMech first user was referring to, but there's a lot of them and not anywhere near all of them take orders from Horus.

In all probability some just stopped by to see what cool psychic shit they could nab from the ruins.

tinyurl h2pc528
tinyurl zw2wj8o

It could be that Prospero was during space december, and Istvaan III was space january.
Were there any references to the TSons putting up Atheistmas decorations?

Pretty sure thats beenn fucked up again boss. Wolf King has the SW going around for two years attacking TS outposts and worlds.

This is so People like Kharn can travel their for no reason and then still be on Istvaan.

Phone posting. Not even once.

Wasn't it stated somewhere that the warning that Magnus sent before Isstvan (as seen in A Thousand Sons) reached Terra after Isstvan (as seen in The Outcast Dead)?

Timeline.

That could actually have happened. Some of the books do actually make a point of saying a lot of time passes as people travel about. It takes ages for the Sons to get back to Prospero from Ikea for example.
I think Istvaan III takes several months.

This redacted data are where it's getting interested.

No that was the author fucking up and got retconned. BL has never had a proper handle on Magnus's warning/Prospero. IMO thats why MoM barely touched on it at all, because to approach it means you have to sort out the mess the other authors left behind.

There's two [REDACTED] missions from before the heresy that the space wolves went on.

See how that doesnt mention the second battle of Prospero with Khan v Mort. It doesnt have Kharn going there for some vague reason and the WS picking up some TS survivors.

Wait, for real? That's quite cool if it's true

It did, but then that was fixed in the blatantly-cut-out-of-the-novel audio Wolf Hunt, where Mal shows up and drops a line about how the message was received but the psychic shocks took years to 'break out' of the Palace due to the wards slowly failing.
Yeh it's bullshit i know.

>Khan going there for some vague reason
I don't know, a Primarch actually trying to find out what's going on before fucking shit up is a nice change.

Straight up. I might go dig them all out just for the hell of it.
I re-read Soul Hunter a few days ago and spotted 'This is bad comedy" in there but I know there's more, I remember noticing them.

WS went to Prospero during Scars right, like right after Chondax? Or was it after Alaxes and the Wolves? There was a big time skip between Scars and Path of Heaven (basically the entire time the WS spent harassing the traitor advance on Terra).

Wait waht 2nd battle of prospero? BL?

Magnus was one of the Khans bros though, he wanted to try and find out who was right before he picked a side

2 prospero 2 furious occurred at the same time as allaxes, khan went to prospero instead of helping the wolves

Xana II and House Malinax are present at the Prospero campaign.

The goal of the Mechanicum is to erase all trace of the psychic technology developed by Zhao-Arkkad, but House Malinax is secretly trying to secure it for Xana II's use.

So you have the heretek branded Zhao-Arkkad, the (hidden) dark mech of Xana, plus the regular mechanicum plus multiple titan legios and the Secutarii.

It's a gigantic clusterfuck for the mechanicum.

Kharn mate. As in the WE Kharn. Hes a real nice guy though.

Honestly I dont even follow it anymore. I think its before Alaxes.

I wouldnt read BL if I had to pay for it. Honestly though I'd rather read it myself then wait for trolls to cherry pick stuff to shitpost without knowing whats going on.

Khan and KhaRn went guys.

Probably worth adding to this, due to conflicting instructions he could have ended up going to Alaxxes to help finish off the wolves as easily as going to help them.

Is it ever explained what happened to the remembrancer who saw what the WBs were getting up to in The First Heretic and ratted them out to the custodes?

I assume he gets violently tortured to death by Argel Tal as it's his fault Cyrene dies.

Yeah, the AL drop the interference that's keeping the WS in the dark and so they get two delayed messages at once, one from Horus and one from Dorn, each saying the other dude's are lying, come hang out with me.
Horus' one (or maybe both) say that Magnus has been Russed, and because Khan is best bro's with Magnus, he decides to go check on his mate instead of replying to the messages.
The cool bit is that he gets these messages just as Russ asks him for help against the AL, and so he's all like
"Hey Leman, how's our brother Magnus? Been to Prospero recently?"
And coz Russ gives him an evasive reply, Khan says fuck that and ditches the Wolves.

When did Kharn go?

How can someone so based be friends with magnus?

But that's actually pretty cool

My opponent today. Orbital assault with drop cups and a cup claw. just fuck my shit up senpai.

Some time after the Burning. He picks up a Thousand Sons psyker who's out for a stroll on Prospero's surface and interrogates / punches him to death.

Sang, Khan and Magnus are bros.

They are the best trio: Speed, Intellect and Effay.

>scoria with psychics

That's not what happened at all. The AL weren't controlling the warp storms, and russ and khan exchanged a single message each, they weren't having a conversation.

Drop Cup Assault army... lol!

Most of the rest looks pretty nicely painted though.

i mean, at least he's consistent but thats pretty gay of him unless it was the first time testing the list

Khan's philosophy and sick burns makes me really want a build a White Scars army.

I hope they nerf clear cups in 8e. Opaque red cups are really underpowered right now. (Please convey to your opponent that some random person on the internet really likes his infantry's paintjob.)

Well we know that Inferno is specifically adding more Cybernetica options... so yes, Scoria and psy-bots and possibly more HQs are 100% going to be thing :^)

Can you guys give me a short 3 sentence roundup about this IF Color sheme. I kinda like it and would like to go for it for my veterans, but I can't find any backround Info. A hint to a sauce would also do.

>The AL weren't controlling the warp storms
except that the Necrontyr array on that asteroid was doing exactly that. It created a void, which kept the warp storm in place around the Khan's forces.

They weren't actively creating them, true.
But they were certainly harnessing them, with the help of the Mechanicum I might add.

This is all from The Serpent Beneath, written by Rob Sanders of BL.

Lol this is so funny. It used to be that the Wolves went to Prospero and sent the TS running.

Now its the Space Wolves, Sisters of Silence, Custodes, a detachment of the Sons of Horus, Machanicus and some titans.

I'm curious about that red.

Read the books, senpai. It's in Extermination.

To be fair, Prospero has been expanded from a single planet to an entire system and the whole of it is engulfed in war.

Yeah, kind of.
The tenebrae installation that Omegon had blown up was blocking the WS communications.
Khan sends a mesage to Russ that says 'We'd love to come and help but we've got contradictory orders, and have reports that Prospero has been glassed, which we very much hope isn't true. So until we've worked shit out, until next winter buddy."

Thanks, I must have been blind not seeing this while I looked through it.

It's a unification era scheme for IF, so only old as fuck terrans woud use it. Also KA made it his scheme for his whole army so good luck I guess.

how that chain bayonet stays on is beyond me

They need the help tbf, wolves are second in jobbing behind a joint lead of 1ksons/mortarion

What do you mean sorry? Its still just them vs the Thousand Sons.

Yea well so after reading the page and your post my plan on using the sheme for my veterans who have seen some shit sins they are veterans seems legit. It would be only 2 squads of them and not my whole army.

BEHOLD! THE FIRST SQUAD OF BITTER BOYS IS COMPLETE!

Sarge and another dude don't have their bases yet, but I'm pretty happy with these.

I'm gonna go over to some mk3 to vary my painting, just a few tweaks here and there but it should give a significant difference nonetheless, since I want them to represent veterans.

C&C welcome, as always.

Dark Age of Technology superglue.

Khan turning out to be a burnmaster is def one of the more decent primarch developments.

Yeah fair enough, I wasn't trying to discourage you from using it it's a cool scheme

But that's stupid. A major part of the prospero assault was that it was a complete surprise to the thousand sons, with magnus blocking the divination of the corvidae they didn't see the wolves coming when they were in the warp. But that doesn't prevent normal communications telling them the outer systems are being purged as the wolves make their way through the outer planets first (as is rumoured to happen).

Prospero really is looking like a clusterfuck.

Because Magnus was based and LOYAL.

Love the Emperor, for he is HUEG

>hazard stripes on the helmet plumage

bitter/10

I like them, good job user

He's a great painter, just wanted to try out orbital assault. Kinda broke my immersion but it was pretty funny.

>dat Crusade pattern armour

I wish there were more books about the Great Crusade. My favourite parts of the Horus Heresy series are when you've got astartes taking on weird and wonderful ayy lmaos or non-compliant humans early on in the series.

Early info about Inferno has said that the Wolves, Custodes and Sister are joined by a company of SoH, some Titan support and some Mechanicum.

Wait wait wait.. They retconned the TS knowing about the attack?